Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning!

Nothing exciting here just popped into say Hi and see what everyone is up to.

Katie, I kinda like the birthday idea too.

Have a great day everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the birthday month square too. I think that would work.

Good morning all.

Going to try to get the queens blocks out in a few days. Need to mail my sisters box out as well. I got her a couple special pens that the almost blind use. She's almost blind and I did a research on the pens because the normal pens I use when I write her doesn't work well for her to read. I need to make a afghan for her and send it a long. Loosing your eye sight has to be one scaring mess. I know with sister then what I just went through with hubby. He's much better but still has a little way to go.

well here is another ah ha moment concerning the wrist

Sunday,I just wanted a day of freedom,got ready and jumped in the car,tried to start the car,NOTHING,stormed back in the house,with a bee in my " bonnet",see a few days earlier the battery was replaced,I thought it was faulty.

come to find out I don't have enough strength in my wrist to turn over the ignition,great,just GREAT.

trying to find someway to strengthen  that turning motion,sheeeeeeeeesh one dang thing after another.

Reason I didn't open puffy was that Rusty was in my lap and I was knitting strips for my stashghan. I know that I am an hour "off", but I do not have to put up with losing an hour of sleep.  Re the problem with the store openings and the tv schedule, I decided that I will simply go by Eastern Standard Time and when I want to know what the Daylight Saving Time is, I will just add an hour.  I will admit to having some problem with the television schedule, but I am working on solving that.  Rusty is on my fleece jacket that Mama made for me a few years ago. He is asleep.  He likes to sleep on the jacket because it is so warm and soft and it smells like me.  Happy Tuesday!

hi all..

Weather turned chily and windy out there, so stayed in today.. Didn't get out to get my new keyboard yet, but I will do that tomorrow....

Poor pineknott, lol I can't imagine how frustrating that would be!

Just giving you a hard time rusty's mom, you can sure follow any time you like, lol

Who was the puffy from anyway, you never said....I think I may have mailed you one, but can't remember.

Hi kuddles, that is what i tell daughter, when you are young and gorgeous, you can do, wear, and get away with anything, lol She is a natural blond though.

well, the birthday squares idea is taking off, I think if no one flatly hates it, that is what we might do when we are done with the biggest squares..

In months where there are several, I dunno, pick a couple, or do all , up to you, I guess. and when the time comes, I will need you all to pm me your birth month!! he he he

I have been looking online for a "sunflower" ish yellow, I think hershners worsted 8 comes close to what I want, but Impeccable is very close too, and that is more available, so a trip to michaels might be in order as well as looking around more online!

Hiya all! :hi
I just wanted to pop in and say sorry for not being around alot at the moment. The final assessment for this degree module is due in on Monday so I've been working my little heart out on that. Wow! What 6 months its been?! Soon I will have the first part of my degree finished!!! (The degree I was supposed to have done when I was still at school, I might add). Being a mature student with 2 until 4's running around, and running a small "cottage business" isn't a small task. I'm knackered! I get about 3 weeks break in between this module finishing and the next starting so thats going to give me more crochet time! Yay! :D

Big hugs :hug to everyone.
Katie, I will PM a square count soon. Thanks for your patience!

I like having a monthly something as that keeps me motivated.  If I don't get much else done I do get those monthly squares out.  I can't believe we are about to completely make it through our list of people.  I used to try hard to work all the way through the list and about the time I would get down to the last 2 or 3 we would get an influx of new people.  I like the birthday idea just hoping they kind of even out throughout the year.  Maybe we need to start polling to see.  Mine is in June and even though I don't collect squares I would love cards or postcards.  At the very least we could just start over with everyone's name back in the hat for another chance to rule square hill. 

Seems like the Crochetville forum itself is pretty quiet anymore, did everyone go to facebook?  I don't do facebook.

pineknott-how frustrating to not be strong enough to turn the ignition, but glad the car was all right

I think I still owe a couple of queen squares... I need to get myself pulled together. :)

Alicia started state testing today... I do hate the ISTEPs. 3rd grade is the first time they do it and it's so much pressure for whether they move on to 4th grade. And we're supposed to get a good snow storm tonight, so I'm hoping that they don't end up missing school tomorrow. They're predicting 5-9 inches, though, so I'm not too hopeful.

Hi Skoggy, and you are a busy girl, kudos to you for all you have accomplished thus far!!! No hurry about the count Skoggy, whenever the stop rolling in is fine, lol

Bgs, yep, motivates me too, i like making grannys, it's my go to, for relaxation, and a sense of calmness, and if I can't give them away, I would be over run with the little devils!! We will keep thinking, and i did the same thing too, can't count now, how many times I went through that long list, lol It is shorter now, but that's fine with me, I don't mind a bit a smaller group is fine!!

and Holly, good to hear from you too, hope that snowstorm doesnt happen, but........lol

Hi to all else, and good morning kuddles, ha ha,

thanks to linda, the first post now reflects our new queen, i spaced it off, mybad, but Pineknott caught it and it is correct now!!

Hi again, did some checking, and a quick breakdown, (checking profiles, ) and the list as it stands right now, with two of us listed as unknown birth month is at follows...

Those that aren't collecting, would receive a card, or post card that month! Looks like Mar and June would be our biggest months, with four people having birthdays that month, but this is on the current list, we all know how fast that can change, we have four or five more to yet win Biggest Square, but that is not that long to go!

Month    people in that month

Jan -       3

Feb-       1

Mar        4

Apr-        1

May        3

Jun -      4

Jul -      none so far in July

Aug-      1

Sep-      3

Oct -      2

Nov-      2

Dec       3

Unknown as of this date     2

well, just thought I would share that with ya, numbers bound to change, several times im sure, before we run out of biggest squares!!    just a sampling of what it might look like, nothing set in stone, for sure...        

My birthday is May.

I dont do facebook either.

Daughter brought my little man over to see me today. My gosh he is so precious. I love him to pieces.

So daughter and I cooked supper and I helped her with her thank you cards.

We didn't get to our Easter wreaths we want to make so that will be another day.

Just popping in to see if Skoggy got my squares. Did you get them, Skoggy?

I've been really busy lately and will be for a while. We can't afford our storage unit, and we need to cut down moving costs, so we are downsizing like crazy. I've been busy listing on eBay and Craigslist. What we can't sell, I'm giving away on Freecycle or to Goodwill. Today we moved the last of the stuff from storage. Its a lot to go through. There is also a lot of sentimental stuff I'll have to throw out. :cry  Right now, the stuff is taking up our entire third bedroom and the closet under the stairs (with a few boxes in the living room that I'll be going through first). When I'm done purging, the bedroom should be mostly cleared out. Hopefully I can get it done in a week so MIL has a place to sleep when she visits next week.

To make room in the third bedroom (which was the "toy" room), we put together the bunk bed, switched C from her toddler bed to the bottom bunk, got rid of a bunch of toys and moved all the remaining toys to their room. They are sad at the loss of some of their beloved toys but the girls LOVE their bunk bed! 

We haven't gotten an official job offer yet. 2-4 more weeks until we expect to hear back. Geez, this is torture!

I'm 30.5 weeks pregnant now. Just 9.5 weeks to go (or less!). That is both an eternity and too short of a time. Ahhh!

Just popping in to see if Skoggy got my squares. Did you get them, Skoggy?

I've been really busy lately and will be for a while. We can't afford our storage unit, and we need to cut down moving costs, so we are downsizing like crazy. I've been busy listing on eBay and Craigslist. What we can't sell, I'm giving away on Freecycle or to Goodwill. Today we moved the last of the stuff from storage. Its a lot to go through. There is also a lot of sentimental stuff I'll have to throw out. :cry  Right now, the stuff is taking up our entire third bedroom and the closet under the stairs (with a few boxes in the living room that I'll be going through first). When I'm done purging, the bedroom should be mostly cleared out. Hopefully I can get it done in a week so MIL has a place to sleep when she visits next week.

To make room in the third bedroom (which was the "toy" room), we put together the bunk bed, switched C from her toddler bed to the bottom bunk, got rid of a bunch of toys and moved all the remaining toys to their room. They are sad at the loss of some of their beloved toys but the girls LOVE their bunk bed! 

We haven't gotten an official job offer yet. 2-4 more weeks until we expect to hear back. Geez, this is torture!

I'm 30.5 weeks pregnant now. Just 9.5 weeks to go (or less!). That is both an eternity and too short of a time. Ahhh!

Hi Cindy, I did come on and thank you when I received them but maybe you missed the post. Thank you so much for the lovely squares, I love them all! :hug

Good Morning Everyone!

Katyallen, the birthdays look pretty well spread out.

Skoggy, sounds like you are super busy but it will be so worth it. I did school as a mature student with 2 young children and a full time job too so I know it can be rough at times.

Cindy, you sound super busy too. My grandchildren are adjusting to a little down sizing too since their move but they love the new place so it's not too bad.

Howieann, we have the FCAT that begins in third grade and can be stressful for students and teachers, which is why I moved from teaching K-5 special education to preschool special education after I ended up in the emergency with a major anxiety attack over it.

Pineknott, I hope you get the strength back in your wrist soon, just be careful, I had a nasty sprain a few years and restrained a month or so later because I tried to do too much too soon.

Owlvamp, those little ones are so precious, give him lots of hugs and kisses.

Hi Rusty's Mom, dragnlady5 and bgs.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm working today and then church tonight. I'm working on smocking a baby dress for a shower in less than 2 weeks so that is what all my "extra" time is for these days.

Have a great day!

Good morning all!

Pineknott - ouch on that dang wrist!

Everyone - lots going on, so will just say howdy!

Kiddles finished her ISATs yesterday and she is thrilled! The kids are given so much pressure to do well but it grades the school, not her. I kept telling her, just do what you can and do not fret about it at all!

We had the big storm overnite so there is up to 6 inches out there now and still coming down. There could have been sleet first so we'll see how the roads are when I get out there. Kiddles' school is starting one hour late. Gotta find out if before care is still going!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Hi Cindy, I did come on and thank you when I received them but maybe you missed the post. Thank you so much for the lovely squares, I love them all! :hug

Okay, good! Yeah, I had quite a few pages to skim over so I might have missed it. I only saw the one from bgs. I had fun making those for you so I'm glad you like them!

Good morning ladies!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Can't wait till Friday. I need a weekend of rest but be lucky to get it here.

Still unpacking and will also be purging like crazy. I go through stuff and get rid of it as well. So I know how you feel Cindy. It's not fun and I do have a big house but would like to cut down on clutter.

Thinking about a yard sale too. I don't like them but a lot people here do so will think real hard on it.

Been dealing with Tank and getting out of the fence. We are putting one of the underground electric fences in. I bought this house because of the fenced in yard just for my babies and he is hoodiney and gets out. So now he has to be on the line when he goes out.

Hopefully can get to it in the next couple days.

I did finish a wash cloth and started another.

Hi gang!  Didn't want you all to think I'd forgotten about you or anything.  I've just been dealing with life around here.  I mailed out our queen's squares a couple of days ago, so she should have them soon. 

Kuddles, love the hat!  Thanks for sharing the link. 

Katie, the table you found sounds wonderful.  You're good at finding good deals.

Pineknott, hope you heal soon so you don't have to deal with things like not being able to turn the ignition.  that stinks, I know. hugs

Oh, Katie, I forgot to put in my two cents about the birthdays, lol.  I think it's fine.  The list looks doable and sending cards to those that aren't collecting is great.

Hugs to all.  gotta run.

I'm to the point that I'm trying to come up with things that will have me doing that twisting motion harder thanI thought I was

not up on my nuts and bolts terms,but was thinking something like an O ring that you twist into wood,or a C clamp

just turning my wrist is not hacking it.I feel tension in that area,I was figuring almost 9 wks out shouldn't be to bad to try

hopefully soon I post something other than just the goings on with the wrist stuff,I know you'all are probably rolling your eyeballs by now,lol

Skoggy--did you take pictures of the squares? I must have missed a couple (I try to take pics of all the squares I send). The two I missed were the Bouillon Granny and the 4" Cindy-original. I didn't write down the pattern for the original, so I was relying on taking a picture, and then I forgot to take one!

Good morning!

Yesterday was not fun getting to work! We had the rain, then ice, then snow on that so I drove to work on a sheet of ice. Instead of 15 minutes, it took 45! Insanity! Tomorrow will be 50! We get a roller coaster of temps and weather in the Windy City! Hope you are all staying safe!

Kiddles is done with ISATs but is not happy to be back to homework again! Neither am I.......ugh!

Didn't crochet yesterday. I started a shrug that I am testing for Sue (turtlvr) but I've never done one before so should be interesting.

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Archived