Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh dragnlady, so glad you are doing so well!! You are over the hump  me thinks!!!

NIce eye candy skoggy, they are look scrumptious!!!

well what else, lol Nice day today, got a lot done, made a casserole to go in the oven for dinner later, and all is well here!!

MIght do a trip to the dollar store later today, we'll see, but for now, content to stay home, and busy myself with whatever I chose to do!

have a great friday everyone!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening,

Kuddles, I would love to have you and Kiddles hang out with me.

Skoggy, those are very pretty squares, I hope mine arrive there soon.

Howdy!

I'm a bit tired this evening! Long week, roller coaster weather, don't know.....but that's okay. It's Friday! Kiddles is finishing up Spy Kids (the first one), she's watched it about 10 times probably. I just couldn't watch it again so here I am!

Errands to run tomorrow then ???? I'd like to sew. I started a simple reversible hobo fabric bag to use up some fabric. Haven't worked on the shrug again for Sue.....sigh......

Okay snap out of it and get moving Kuddles!

Hugs to you all!

kuddles

Apple Cider Vinegar where do you buy this or does the brand matter? I need energy so I would consider this. Is it awful to drink?

I heard about the honey. Yes if you use it local it helps with not having allergies . Your system gets you use to what's in your area..

Braggs Apple Cider vinegar. with "the Mothers"   Heinz carries a brand you can get at walmart but no it doesnt work as well. You can go to Bragg.com or vitaminshoppe.com also your local health food store. It isnt awful if you mix it right. My kids Grandma tried to just drink it and that is nasty.  mix 2 tsp with 6-8 oz water and some kinda of sweetner. the water flavoring packets or stevia or honey. I think with the flavor packets it almost taste like a mixed drink. and with Honey it is almost like a beer lol. I put it all in a water bottle and shake it so it even has a head on it lol.

Good morning!

pineknott, enjoy your escape and tell us all about it later!

Kiddles allowed me to stay in bed till 6! That is late for her! Today we do our morning errands and then at 1:30, I drop her off at a play date! OH MY yes!

Other than that, just doing what needs done....which is a lot!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Good morning all...

I bet you have noticed something new with my typing!! Ok, in case you haven't yet, lol, I got my new keyboard this am, fedex, and am thrilled and delighted with it, so easy and it lights up in not one, not two, no, not even three, but five colors!! Woo hoo, Im discovering all there is to know about hot keys as well!! I am more than satisfied with it, should have done this long ago, plus, it has a padded wrist rest, which my other one that came with the computer never did,so had to roll up a hand towel, to save the writsts!!

ANyway, me a happy camper, talked to daughter last evening, she said her hubby said it would come today, and then I said good, Ill hang around, what time exactly, lol like he could pin that down!! But Fedex was here, and gone and Im typing away with it already, love it, nice bday present, thank you dd and hubby!!!!

In other news, and trust me, there isn't much on the old home front, I lead a rather quiet but busy life as we all do at times,lol,and no news is good news, so they say...

I have three no, four birthdays this month, three of which are in my brunch, one a neighbor, hers is today, no less, so will run a card and some goodies over to her later on, then check out the thrift stores, or maybe dollar general.

Another nice day, hope everyone gets out and enjoys it, that can, good luck with that ignition pineknott,kuddles, enjoy you alone time, and everyone else, see ya later!!! that's all from Omaha today, good day, and good news!!

Hi all, hope you all are doing well, :hug to all of you. were still kinda sick here   again  :(    i think its just a head cold, but the school nurse said that strep is going around. oh no, Not in My House !!!  LOL      and to top it off I think I am starting to loose my voice :(

but, its time to play with some yarn :clap

Speaking of spring! As Little Viking and I were heading out to Dunkin' Donuts today we had to stop and doing some playing in the yard first, and we found daffodils and hyacinths and something I'm not sure about but I think is blue irises fighting their way through the snow and leaves on the ground! I cleared up around them a bit so they can get some more sun; I was thrilled!

Ok, I just don't have anything else to say right now besides owl that is an adorable hat! Oscar the grouch, I love it. It has been a long week, especially the last two days - I can't say that everything that could have gone wrong at work did, because I was making a list of the potential bad things that could have gone wrong and didn't... but that was a pretty short list. Add to that sleep deprivation because Little Viking and I especially are all messed up with the time change and it was just not good times. And now I just got back from the gym and I am tired and going to sleep until the guys get home!

Good afternoon ladies. I haven't been on yet today for we put the darn underwire electric fence thing in so tank won't escape like usually. He did it twice again....

I made pancakes and sausage and eggs for breakfast.

Got a call from boys mother and let's say I'm tired of being used. So it really ticked me off and I was on a war path this morning. I'm just so tired.

Hope everyone's weekend is going good.

Good Evening,

Kuddles, I would love to have you and Kiddles hang out with me.

Skoggy, those are very pretty squares, I hope mine arrive there soon.

I got them today! Thank you very much! Will post a pic later. :hug

Hello lovely ladies!  So sorry that I haven't been around much lately.  Life, well, you know...

I haven't been doing too much yarn work lately, but I try to do something each day even if it's only a row or two.  My latest project is making what I call "stoma" pads.  They are just a big square/rectangle to put over my stoma because I have a lot of leakage and I can go thru so many disposable pads a day it gets very expensive.  I dawned on me, why not try a cotton washcloth.  They are perfect!  Just have to make them large enough to fold over twice and be a tight stitch, not lacy. ok, sorry for running off at the mouth and TMI.  Hmmm, what else, not much. I sleep a LOT.  Oh, my god, you guys!  We were just looking for Juno, calling her and calling.  No answer.  Panic is starting to set in. She is never let outside on her own and never without a leash.  We have coyotes nearby!  We know she was in the house.  Where did she go?  Search and search......"hunny did you look out back in the storage room?"  This is a room off the laundry room that has a small cat door on it.  We keep the cats food and litter boxes out there.  Oh yes!  After 2 years she has realized that she can fit thru that door! LOL!  Hubby does not think it is so funny, lol.  Let's just hope she doesn't get sick from the cat food she ate.  Kids...even furry ones, they keep you on your toes... :lol

Good morning!

Yesterday was not fun getting to work! We had the rain, then ice, then snow on that so I drove to work on a sheet of ice. Instead of 15 minutes, it took 45! Insanity! Tomorrow will be 50! We get a roller coaster of temps and weather in the Windy City! Hope you are all staying safe!

Kiddles is done with ISATs but is not happy to be back to homework again! Neither am I.......ugh!

Didn't crochet yesterday. I started a shrug that I am testing for Sue (turtlvr) but I've never done one before so should be interesting.

Hugs to all!

kuddles

How wonderful to hear that Sue is still crafting/designing!  Every once in a while I think to check her page on Ravelry to see if she has anything new listed.  I look forward to seeing this.  As for the weather, bleh, I can't wait til spring!  Although we did have a decent day today!

Here's the hat I made!

Oh my, such cuteness!!!  Love it!

hello all....

was a busy day, tobe sure, but a beautiful weather day, so didn't mind running around a bit

First stop, was brunch/lunch with daughter and sister, then we all went separate directions, lol,I headed east and north, sis headed south, daughter went southwest, lol

Got my running done, and daughter ordred my new Comp.Keyboard for my bday, yay.... It is going to be nice to have it back lit, I should have thought of replacing this one a long time ago, lol not that theres anything wrong with it, but I am ready for a new one...

Then i headed to the store, for a few things, carwash, and stop and dropped donation for Proj Linus, then home at last, with a tired back, and the sniffles, uh oh.....lol

Nice eye candy, love the hat, kuddles hat was darling too!!

Not much more to say, going to shower soon, and just lay on the bed and watch something on tv......Me tired, and that hot shower will make me sleepy, Im sure, lol Night to all, and see ya tomorrow.....

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Owlvamp, the hat is adorable.

I need to stop for some groceries after work today and then home. It's going to be a quiet night at my house since DD1 moved and DD2 can't make it for dinner because she has too much studying to do this weekend. So I will have to console myself with lots of stitching.

Hope everyone has a great day!

:hug

Good Morning everyone. Hope all is well in the crochet kingdom. I must say I am feeling wonderful. I even got to see the sunrise this morning and wasnt upset about being up that early on my day off. I have a little heart ache but I know deep down it is time and it is for the better. The lady i have been taking care of for 3 and half years will soon be going to a nursing home. But in light of that i have decided it is time for me to move on also. She has been what was keeping me at my current job and I figured it  up with the hours I am getting now even if I went back down to minimum wage if I have 40 hours I would only be losing 6 dollars a week. Plus my hours wouldnt be work a few hours, go home a few hour go back to work for an hour go home a few hours go back to work another hour. I really feel my life is moving forward. I am enjoying it for the first time in a long time. 

Also....  Have any of you heard about the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? I have been drinking it for about a month now. I was mixing 2 tsp 3 times a day in water flavored with crystal light. But i now mix it in water with 2 tsp raw honey. Raw honey is good for you and the braggs apple cider vinegar is good for you and the two combined is GREAT for you. It gives you energy, helps with PMS, helps with digestion and cleans out your bodies toxins, helps with joint pain, helps to prevent UTIs and Kidney stones. and it helps with weight loss.

I went 2 days without drinking any of it and I felt awful. I didnt realize how much more energy and how much better I felt until then.  LOL Ok that is your public service anouncement for the day. Now I am gonna do the public a service and go take a shower. Have a great day guys.  :hug

I'm so glad that you are feeling good!  I have heard about apple cider vinegar.  My mom used to be a big believer in it and a gentleman that lived near where I used to work was a beekeeper and would sell his honey to us occasionally.  It was wonderful.  He published a book about bees.  I have it around here somewhere.  It's good stuff and good for you, that I know.

One of my ex-boyfriends swears by apple cider vinegar. He's whole family takes it daily. They say "a shot of apple cider vinegar a day, helps keep the doctor away." I'll tell you what, they are a healthy bunch!

Are you using local honey? If not, you really should. My MIL turned me on to this and it has helped my allergies immensely! Luckily, we live very close to honey (farm?) and buy their honey at the local health food store. I guess it works by getting your body used to the local pollen so your body doesn't attack it.

That's the theory, I believe.

Good morning all...

I bet you have noticed something new with my typing!! Ok, in case you haven't yet, lol, I got my new keyboard this am, fedex, and am thrilled and delighted with it, so easy and it lights up in not one, not two, no, not even three, but five colors!! Woo hoo, Im discovering all there is to know about hot keys as well!! I am more than satisfied with it, should have done this long ago, plus, it has a padded wrist rest, which my other one that came with the computer never did,so had to roll up a hand towel, to save the writsts!!

ANyway, me a happy camper, talked to daughter last evening, she said her hubby said it would come today, and then I said good, Ill hang around, what time exactly, lol like he could pin that down!! But Fedex was here, and gone and Im typing away with it already, love it, nice bday present, thank you dd and hubby!!!!

In other news, and trust me, there isn't much on the old home front, I lead a rather quiet but busy life as we all do at times,lol,and no news is good news, so they say...

I have three no, four birthdays this month, three of which are in my brunch, one a neighbor, hers is today, no less, so will run a card and some goodies over to her later on, then check out the thrift stores, or maybe dollar general.

Another nice day, hope everyone gets out and enjoys it, that can, good luck with that ignition pineknott,kuddles, enjoy you alone time, and everyone else, see ya later!!! that's all from Omaha today, good day, and good news!!

Awesomeness!  Enjoy your present, lol.  

the car did start :clap  :clap

and I'll leave it at it was a costly excursion

WooHoo!!!!  :hug  How's that?  lol

Hi all, hope you all are doing well, to all of you. were still kinda sick here   again      i think its just a head cold, but the school nurse said that strep is going around. oh no, Not in My House !!!  LOL      and to top it off I think I am starting to loose my voice

but, its time to play with some yarn

Oh my gosh, you guys need to get well!  :hug   Enjoy your time playing with your yarn!!!

well all, in thinking about how long colds and viruses last these days, me thinking the germs are getting more ressilliant to our medicinal efforts of keeping them at bay!! I think they are getting stronger, and our medicines aren't working so well anymore, what say you, yay or nay??

Headed off soon to check on my spaghetti and meatballs, got it keepin warm on low for now, till I put in the garlic bread in about a half hour or so, or when i see the whites of handydandyman's eyes and the thud of his boots coming up the front steps, lol...Doggie always lets me know with a playful, happy little yip or two, and she has a bark for intruders too, you don't wanna mess with, lol

GOt my errands done, forgot to stop at michael's, will go tomorrow, not like Hobby Lobby, that isn't open on Sundays........They really do lose a lot of biz that way,  but to each his own, right.

ok, Now Im off, see ya later!

We had a busy day... dance class this morning and then shoe and Easter dress shopping this afternoon. I should have left the Easter stuff for another day, but I so hate going over to the mall. We girls are tired and crabby, but they have new tennies, dress shoes and dresses, so it's good enough for today. I still need to shop for me sometime, but It can wait until another day, I guess.

Busy Mama here. We brought the last of the stuff from storage and I started going through my "memory boxes", discarding what I don't want (or can't keep) and putting the rest in my hope chest.

Well, one of the boxes is one that I got from my great-great-aunt a few years ago. It has a WIP crochet afghan in it. She got too old and arthritic to finish it and it sat around in her attic for a couple of decades until she gave it to me (the last surviving crocheter in the family). I'm not sure what to do with it. The yarn is worn and fuzzy (you know, how afghans look from sitting around for a while and from being washed) and I'm not sure if its even worth putting in the effort to finish it. I just hate throwing away yarn and a nearly finished afghan. What would you ladies do with something like that? Finish it and donate to a shelter or Goodwill? Toss it? Finish it and keep it? I'd give it away to someone else to finish, but who would want to finish a worn afghan? I dunno, ladies.

Me personally would finish it and keep it. Something you could pass on to your children. Or if you have family you could finish it and pass it to one of them. I wouldn't get rid rid of it. It need to stay in the family.

Good night all!

Ugh, I had all these multi quote replies to do and apparently hitting the delete button is a really bad idea! Daggone it. 

Katyallen I think the birthday square is a great idea! I love it!  :yes

Skoggy, I really really do have squares for you! I even brought home a puffy that I found at my mom's house and now Lord only knows which box that one little lonely puffy is in.  :reyes

And to whoever did the Oscar the Grouch hat, I love it!!!!  :manyheart

(I think that covers all the accidentally erased multi quotes!) 

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. We close on my mom's house on the 28th so I've been busy with that and we were supposed to be in NYC right now as guests of my best friend and her husband but her father-in-law passed away suddenly Wednesday evening so we've postponed. My sister had a doctor's appointment earlier on Wednesday and the ultrasound doctor said that based on the fluid levels, he was looking at delivering in about a week and 4 days!  :cheer A week and two days (from Wednesday) is my birthday so I'm really really hoping for the best birthday present ever! I married into a niece and nephew but don't have any blood (and human! Lol) of my own. I'm beyond excited!! Her next appointment is Monday morning and she'll probably make a plan then. Only problem is they're calling for 3-5" of snow Sunday night so hopefully we won't have any problems getting there! And it was 70 today.  :no  I just need spring!!!!!!  :D

Skoggy I really am going to get your squares in the mail this week! Promise! 

Me personally would finish it and keep it. Something you could pass on to your children. Or if you have family you could finish it and pass it to one of them. I wouldn't get rid rid of it. It need to stay in the family.

Good night all!

Good point. My mom really did love her Auntie. Maybe she'd like an afghan "mostly" finished by her.

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. We close on my mom's house on the 28th so I've been busy with that and we were supposed to be in NYC right now as guests of my best friend and her husband but her father-in-law passed away suddenly Wednesday evening so we've postponed. My sister had a doctor's appointment earlier on Wednesday and the ultrasound doctor said that based on the fluid levels, he was looking at delivering in about a week and 4 days!  :cheer A week and two days (from Wednesday) is my birthday so I'm really really hoping for the best birthday present ever! I married into a niece and nephew but don't have any blood (and human! Lol) of my own. I'm beyond excited!! Her next appointment is Monday morning and she'll probably make a plan then. Only problem is they're calling for 3-5" of snow Sunday night so hopefully we won't have any problems getting there! And it was 70 today.  :no  I just need spring!!!!!!  :D 

I hear ya! High of 60 today but snow starting some time tonight. What a crazy winter. When will it end??

Archived