Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi everybody!  I am here for this week. Rusty and I are well. Right now he is asleep on some of my yarn. It is cold here today and cloudy  I am hoping for spring soon. 

Still continuing on making my afghan. Yesterday I knit two lilac strips and for today I will finish knitting 6 more. Then I get to pick another color.

Still collecting squares for my pastel afghan. Congratulations to our new queen! Wish I could send some squares. Maybe when I can get a new mobility scooter so that I can walk that far (two blocks).  I can get out, but I can't walk far any more. Wish I could, but I just have no wind for that any more.

Hope everybody is doing well today, or at least better (if you're not doing well). 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in.

I was in Labor & Delivery last night because of cramps that wouldn't go away with rest and water. I wasn't contracting and I'm still closed up tight and no bleeding so the baby is fine. I did have some blood in my urine so they are thinking kidney stone. Fun! Doc wants me to drink lots of cranberry juice and see him on Monday. Couldn't get to the store last night though. The roads were treacherous. I barely made it home from the hospital! I'm still crampy this morning. Hopefully this clears up without too much of an issue.

TTFN...

We have about 3 inches of snow, and unfortunately, now it seems like it's turned into sleet. I hate that stuff!! I am so incredibly ready for spring, so maybe our colds & illnesses will vamoose and not come back!! I hate having to keep DD cooped up inside, but she will NOT leave a hat on and I don't want her getting an ear infection!! We have made it to almost a year old with no ear infections!! DH says that's most likely because she's been the only one nursed, but IDK! 

I'm getting ready to get up & start some breakfast - I think French Toast & Scrambled Eggs are on the menu. 

I'll check back in later! A couple ladies should be getting some squares from me this week!! I mailed them off Friday. 

I hope to get some more made today to mail sometime this week once I get some more puffies!

Hello everyone! I haven't crocheted one stitch this week because of my shoulder. It's finally feeling better, still sore, but I actually have some mobility and the pain doesn't require any medication. Still not sure what I did to it, but glad it's better! I had an interview on Friday for a new job, and I'm really, really hoping that it works out! The office is quite small, everyone is very friendly, and it'll be something that utilizes my degree more than what I'm doing right now. I should hear on Tuesday or Wednesday if they want me back for a second interview!

Hello everyone! I haven't crocheted one stitch this week because of my shoulder. It's finally feeling better, still sore, but I actually have some mobility and the pain doesn't require any medication. Still not sure what I did to it, but glad it's better! I had an interview on Friday for a new job, and I'm really, really hoping that it works out! The office is quite small, everyone is very friendly, and it'll be something that utilizes my degree more than what I'm doing right now. I should hear on Tuesday or Wednesday if they want me back for a second interview!

Good luck with the pending new job!! I hope you get it!! I hope things go the way you want them to!! 

I have just gotten done putting up about 10 listings for DD's clothes on ebay. Really hoping they sell! 

Also a family member is talking to me right now about a HUGE Thirty One order she wants to place with me. 

Just checking in.

I was in Labor & Delivery last night because of cramps that wouldn't go away with rest and water. I wasn't contracting and I'm still closed up tight and no bleeding so the baby is fine. I did have some blood in my urine so they are thinking kidney stone. Fun! Doc wants me to drink lots of cranberry juice and see him on Monday. Couldn't get to the store last night though. The roads were treacherous. I barely made it home from the hospital! I'm still crampy this morning. Hopefully this clears up without too much of an issue.

TTFN...

Oh my! Hope you are feeling better! Be careful!

I really hope you get the job! Good luck!

Good luck with the pending new job!! I hope you get it!! I hope things go the way you want them to!! 

I have just gotten done putting up about 10 listings for DD's clothes on ebay. Really hoping they sell! 

Also a family member is talking to me right now about a HUGE Thirty One order she wants to place with me. 

When I sold my 0-12 mos stuff on eBay, they sold VERY well. (it wasn't until AFTER I sold all the 0-12 mos stuff that dh decided he wanted #3, sigh)

And WOOT on the 31 order!

Just checking in.

TTFN...

Glad baby is ok and I hope you're feeling better.

I hope your shoulder is better soon and I hope the job works out.

Hi Sandra!! Well bless your pea picking heart, making and mailing squares!!!!!!!!!! You work fast!!

jessicali I have three blocks made. Just a regular granny square. If you would want them please PM your address please. I love our group and I haven't been able to send blocks but I feel so blessed by you all and I wanted to send some too. I made three so far tonight and hope will get some more made before I mail.

Hi Carol, how's it going there with no company, hope you are filling your time with some sewing and of course, crochet!! Look to the hook, right!!

Good Morning!

Katyallen, the afghans are very pretty.

Owlvamp, congratulations on becoming a bag lady.

Getting ready to head out to church, this will be the first Sunday since my daughter and her family left so I've decided to start attending the early service again and then I'll teach Sunday school and head home. I made a lot of progress on my sewing projects yesterday and hope to get some more done today, they are things I want to take to my grandkids and daughter when I go to visit at the end of the week. 

Have a great day everyone.

Hi rusty's mom, good to see you post.. Glad you are getting along fairly well. You must be doing a bang up knitting job on the ghan!!!!! I haven't forgotten you either, I have some pastels just calling out, Rusty' MOM PLEASE, LOL

Hi everybody!  I am here for this week. Rusty and I are well. Right now he is asleep on some of my yarn. It is cold here today and cloudy  I am hoping for spring soon. 

Still continuing on making my afghan. Yesterday I knit two lilac strips and for today I will finish knitting 6 more. Then I get to pick another color.

Still collecting squares for my pastel afghan. Congratulations to our new queen! Wish I could send some squares. Maybe when I can get a new mobility scooter so that I can walk that far (two blocks).  I can get out, but I can't walk far any more. Wish I could, but I just have no wind for that any more.

Hope everybody is doing well today, or at least better (if you're not doing well). 

Cindy, so sorry to hear of this, poor thing, I think stress can do lots of things, so hang in there, try to rest, and relax, and keep us posted.........

Just checking in.

TTFN...

oops hi sent, wasn't done!! lol

Hi Shytown, snow is getting deeper there, the most you all there have had in years, I hear!!!

Not much happening here, we're in the deep freeze again, thought that was done!!!!!

Chicken noodle casserole tonight, tasted good, house is warm, but the furnace is working hard to keep it that way...

Gonna try to make some oatmeal raisin cookies in  a bit,,,or tomorrow, whichever, lol

DD and son in law are moving into another apt, their lease is up, and they found a bigger apt, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, dining, living and kitchen, for less than they are paying for the one bedroom, so next weekend, I think they are hiring a truck, to help them move, and she is excited, and it's in the area as well as this present one was, so Im happy, lol.

She presenty lives on the third floor, walk up.......This one is first floor, four steps, and your in...Easier on hauling in groceries she says, lol.And her kitty will love all the space!! They will turn one of the bedrooms into a media room, she says, and keep the living room formal...Says she always wanted that, lol 

Ok, well don't know what to do tonight, maybe go talk to my yarn, daughter says, i have more yarn than i can ever use, and that I am a yarn hoarder. I told her, it's cause I know I can give it a good home, so I rescue it off shelves in the stores and bring it home to live, where it will be cherished, and loved and used for something pretty!!!!!!!!!!! She just smiles, and nods......no use arguing, as I will always NEED yarn, lol

katy

I know how it is when one suffers from YAS

nope still haven't changed my mind on orange

well the mind is blank right now,had things to say and just like that the memory went pooft

Hi all!

Katy, we are now officially at the 4th highest snowfall on record....and getting more snow this week so will move up a notch. Yikes!

Taking kiddles to school then have to turn around in two hours and go back to get her (half day) so won't get much alone time! Dang!

Hope you all have a good day!

kuddles

we are looking at a sloppy wintry mix here today

had a restless night ,I was sipping my coffee at dinner,guess that's a no no

have a post office run today,then clean the bathroom and vacuum the bed room,the dust in there is about to choke me

:waving  :waving  :waving

we are looking at a sloppy wintry mix here today

had a restless night ,I was sipping my coffee at dinner,guess that's a no no

have a post office run today,then clean the bathroom and vacuum the bed room,the dust in there is about to choke me

:waving  :waving  :waving

Uh, have fun?

Yo owlvamp, here are the two feed sacks that I have. Vintage and most definitely used but clean. I'm pricing them on line right now to see what I would ask for them but if you have any interest, PM me.

post-17419-0-51838300-1393851022_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-22034300-1393851034_thumb.jpg

I'm so Glad baby is ok and I hope you're feeling better. Take it easy as much as you can.

Yes I'm still interested and will PM you.

Good morning ladies.

Freezer I got yesterday works beautiful. It's smaller than I thought but will work for now.

It's so stinking cold outside today!! They said on the news that being out for more than 10 minutes could lead to frost bite. It's 1 but feels like -20. This winter has been BRUTAL! I have NO where to go today & won't be going outside for much - except to get the mail, since I'm expecting some packages for DD's first birthday & they won't fit in the mail box. It's so hard to believe that at the end of the month, she will be a year old!

hi all ! Congrats to the new Queen :cheer :cheer :cheer 

Hope everyone is doing well, I didnt realize how long it had been since I had been on here :( We are doing good, although I really wish this cold temps would go away.

Congrats, Jessicali! I'll have 2 squares out to you at least! Hopefully by the time I go to the post office to mail Skoggy's. I had good intentions of going today, but now it's snowing like crazy outside and they're calling for 4-7". I know that's not a lot compared to what some of you get, but I'm getting so sick of snow I could scream. I'm seriously considering moving somewhere tropical. 

Guess what guys I am a new owner to the tote bag Mary Jo makes. Not sure what number it is but I'm sure you all will know. I am extremely excited and was feel down today and that sure made me excited. It is beautiful!!

Yay, owlvamp! I just love those totes, they're so fantastic! I have a bit of a tote obsession, so I love them all. They're just so handy! And they're great WIP bags! 

My sister's baby shower was Saturday and it went off without a hitch! It was hard not having my mom there because she wanted to be a grandma so bad and was so excited! The baby shower was her idea and I was supposed to help her. When she passed away, I promised I'd take it over, so I really hope she was watching and loved it.

How in the heck do I attach pictures with this new format?? I haven't been on much since the switch (until now obviously) and have no idea what I'm doing! I wanted to share a baby shower picture and a picture of the baby afghan I made for her. 

Skoggy your package should be there any time now.

Hi bgs!

The mailman tried to deliver something whilst I was out today so it could be your package! I will either get it tomorrow or wednesday. :hug

Hey guys dont have time to catch up. But wanted to pop in and check out the new queen. alot going on. but all is well. Took my kids to visit there Dad in IDOC Friday. it was a great visit. It is a long story but doe to bad choices he hasnt spent the majority of the years with his children so they are getting to know him and I am glad he is finally going to be a viable part of their lives now and when he is released.  then between work and preparing for winter storms and making time for me and my health i dont get alot of time on here. I will have to start taking away facebook time for you all. I miss ya.

Jessicali  Congrats on your reign as Queen.

Owl vamp That tote couldnt go to someone ore deserving. I am so happy you were blessed with it.

OK guys gonna see what catching up I can do.

I do have some eye candy for you

First is from Mandy Mae. I love the peach some of you have used in squares. gonna have to find me some, Thank you so much

55CB9DD9-orig.jpg

Sweet Cindys is next I love love love purples. Thanks bunches (get it purple, grapes, bunches)

4077D3B7-orig.jpg

KatyAllen - I received 8 gorgeous squares in the mail from you today!! I will post pictures once I get them off my phone to my computer :) Thank you so much!! ((Btw - My husband got excited because he thought we got something from Omaha Steaks lol)

Archived