Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning! I hope everyone is well. Yesterday, my sister and her boyfriend got engaged! I've known since November that he would be popping the question, and I've had to keep this secret for months and lie to my sister yesterday saying that I was going out shopping for furniture when I was actually going out to the proposal site (Grant's Farm in St. Louis). She loved feeding the elephant and of course she said yes!

post-35506-0-33494600-1394975615_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Sounds like you are all keeping busy. I spent yesterday finishing a smocking project and then attending a birthday party for a little friend from church. Today it was church service and Sunday school. Now I'm home and plan to do some hand sewing and crocheting, 

Skoggy, I'm glad the squares made it and in 5 days, the post office said it would be 12-14 days.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Good morning! I hope everyone is well. Yesterday, my sister and her boyfriend got engaged! I've known since November that he would be popping the question, and I've had to keep this secret for months and lie to my sister yesterday saying that I was going out shopping for furniture when I was actually going out to the proposal site (Grant's Farm in St. Louis). She loved feeding the elephant and of course she said yes!

That looks like so much fun!! What a great proposal story.  :manyheart

Hi everyone!

Sounds like you are all keeping busy. I spent yesterday finishing a smocking project and then attending a birthday party for a little friend from church. Today it was church service and Sunday school. Now I'm home and plan to do some hand sewing and crocheting, 

Skoggy, I'm glad the squares made it and in 5 days, the post office said it would be 12-14 days.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Haha, maybe it's because I just woke up but my brain keeps reading this as "a birthday party for 'my leetle friend!'" :D That also sounds like a good day spent.

Good evening all.

Just visiting with daughter and my little man. Back home from taking the boys back. Not good times but it's done. I'm really exhausted and just sitting here.

Back has been hurting today.

Hi everyone.  Had a nice day today.  I actually got out and made it to my son's house for a short visit.  Today was my oldest son's birthday, plus we delivered the present to the 5 yr old gd that we missed her party a couple weeks ago.  It was wonderful seeing all the grands.  My, they grow so quickly.  I crocheted a bit in the car ride to and fro as is my habit, but nothing much to talk about. 

Cindy, I agree about the afghan, I would finish it and pass it on to family or keep it my self.  I had some yarn/unfinished small projects from my grandmother that I held onto for years.  Finally after cleaning one day I decided it was time for them to go.  I am so sorry that I did that, but I can't undo it. I take heart in the few things I did keep like her tote bag, tin of buttons/thread, etc.

Love the engagement story!  How sweet is that.

Katie, I think you are right about the germs, thy are winning out over the meds.  It's getting scary.  Hope you and handydan enjoyed your spaghetti, yum.

hello all you squares out there!!

Was a chilly day here, a quiet day too, nothing much going on, and tomorrow, seems to be a better day coming, so I will wait for it, and Max will get his window open maybe, if it gets warm enough. He just loves to sit and look out his window!!

That program that is new,Cosmos, that is mind boggling, some of what they talk about, just fascinating!! anyone else ever watch that??

That's a cute proposal mandy!!

I agree, I would probably set it aside, the afghan i mean, or finish it, and pass it on to someone like your mom cindy!

Oh ann, so glad you got to visit and enjoyed your time with family!!

i got nothing else guys, have a great evening,and a great day Monday!!!!!

Kuddles oh kuddles, hello out there in shytown!!

Good morning squares!

Yes what a fun engagement story!

I did a lot yesterday, all inside. Super cold again so did laundry, all the sheets, dishes, etc. Stayed busy all day but did get almost done with the test shrug. Just about 6 more rows to go!

Back to work and school today. But Kiddles is on spring break all next week....and in daycare. She'd rather be home, so would I, but I only get 10 vacation days a year and sure can't use 5 of them for spring break week! She'll have fun in daycare, but she'll say she didn't. LOL

Off to get ready. Have a great day squares!

kuddles

Hi everybody! I am here for this week.  Rusty and I are leaving here after I file the e mails that came today.  We will be going to the kitchen to get brekfast. I had changed to daylight saving time for a few days. I made a deal with myself. I could change back to Eastern Standard time this week if I didn't like the change to daylight saving time last week.  I like the standard time very much.  I hope the weather will turn spring like very soon. I have promised Rusty that when the spring weather comes, he and I can go outside a little. Hope everyone is well. 

My poor Tank is limping again and I felt his entire leg and nothing. Checked his pads and nothing. He slept on it and is fine this morning but I will watch him closely. I got him fixed and it worked for a while so praying nothing is wrong. If nothing else back to the vet I go. My poor baby and I worried all night and didn't sleep much. He slept right next to me all night.

Good morning ladies!

Not sure what I'll get done today.

HELLO all squares within the vicinity of this post!!!

Not much to report from omaha today,Im afraid, I stayed in too, after a brief albeit very fun trip to MIchaels,lol. I found my sunflower yarn,in caron one pounder, which is named sunflower, lol can't get much closer than that, huh,and I also got some of the Impeccable yellow,as it is just a pretty yellow too....

then back to clean up things here a bit, my cupboards were busting at the seams, so rearranged again, so that everything fits better,ha ha. Sometime when coming in from the grocery, I just shove things in,and say, Ill fix it later, but I have done that a couple times now, so this is later, lol and it's all tidy again.

Noting new onthe hook right yet, but im looking for an interesting project... Have a good afternoon all, till later!

Good Evening,

It was my usual Monday work day  but I did stop at the post office after work and mailed our Queen's squares, they should be there on Thursday. I only have 3 more days of work this week and then I get to go see my daughter, grandkids and son-in-law  :yay  Friday is a teacher planning but I'm taking a sick day so that my daughter and I can go spend the day at the Sewing Expo, and then I'll be spending a few more days with them while I'm on spring break. Ok, I need to get some sewing done tonight. Talk to you tomorrow.

Hi All!  Just wanted to stop in real quick to say Hi!!!!  Nothing new to report.

cshort, have a great time with your family later in the week!!!!  Ohhh, I bet you'll have a blast at the Sewing Expo!  You'll have to tell us all about it!!!

owlvamp, will keep Tank in my thoughts and prayers, poor guy.  hope it's nothing big. (((hugs))).

Howdy and hugs to everyone else. Hope everyone is feeling good/on the mend.  I think spring just might be heading our way! LOL!  Yippee!!!

2 beautiful 12" squares received today from GrannieAnnie!! LOVE these :) 

post-46820-0-29475500-1395109975_thumb.jpg

Also, I received 4 very pretty navy blue squares Saturday from ??! There was no return address or name on the package!!

post-46820-0-68019700-1395110043_thumb.jpg

My poor Tank is limping again and I felt his entire leg and nothing. Checked his pads and nothing. He slept on it and is fine this morning but I will watch him closely. I got him fixed and it worked for a while so praying nothing is wrong. If nothing else back to the vet I go. My poor baby and I worried all night and didn't sleep much. He slept right next to me all night.

Good morning ladies!

Not sure what I'll get done today.

One of my cats has started limping off and on. I'm thinking its the onset of kitty arthritis (she'll be 10 this year). Could be arthritis for your poor little Tank too. How old is he? What breed?

Last fall, I was given several boxes/crates of yarn. Along with it came a few WIP and some squares. Are any of you interested in me sending you some of these? You wouldn't have to take all of them, just whichever ones you want, and however many of each color you want. Queen gets first dibs! (post here instead of a PM so that others know what is already requested).

*At the top of the first picture, there is a strip of eight 4.5" squares in white, dark red, and yellow. You can take all of them, or I can separate them and piece them out (they're just whip-stitched together)

*On the bottom of the first picture, there are five 4.5" squares bordered with cream (centers are yellow, brown, 2 dark orange, a mauve?)

*At the top of the second picture is seven 4" squares in a white/tan/brown variegated yarn.

*On the bottom of the second picture is eight 4" squares in a yellow/orange/green variegated yarn (very vintage colors)

*At the top of the 3rd picture is a 5.75" square in pastels.

*On the bottom of the 3rd picture is two 4" squares in a blue/green variegated yarn.

post-48303-0-91940000-1395112373_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-47959500-1395112442_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-68815700-1395112489_thumb.jpg

We're having a baby!!!!  :dance  :bounce  :jumpyay

Okay, I'm not, but my sister is! They started the induction process this evening, so I'm home to sleep and then headed back to the hospital but I had to check in here first! We're both hoping baby Gavin comes tomorrow so he'll share a birthday with our Dad. 

He's my first blood (human too lol) nephew and I am BEYOND excited!!!!  :yay  :woo  :cheer  :heart  :heart  :heart

Good morning! Woke early, nothing new there, so got on up quietly.

owlvamp - hugs for you and tank!

Katy - good on the tidying! Feels good, doesn't it!

cshort - I'm jealous! Wish I was going to the sewing expo with you!

grannyannie - Hi honey! Hope you are feeling better!

jessicalli - woot on the squares!

Cindy - how generous of you on giving those squares! I don't need any but I'm sure others will!

Nikki - woot! Congrats on the new baby!! Keep us posted!!

Well today is THE day my daughter has been waiting for, for months. Frozen comes out today! Gotta get to Walmart and pick it up for her on lunch today and am going to surprise her that we will watch it either tonite or tomorrow nite, unlike what I told her. Woot!

I finished the test shrug last nite. Realized I can't really take a picture of it since I would have to have it on and then take my own picture! LOL But it was easy and pretty fast. Sue (turtlvr) will be posting it on ravelry soon.

Well that's it for now! Have a great day all!!!!!!!

kuddles

One of my cats has started limping off and on. I'm thinking its the onset of kitty arthritis (she'll be 10 this year). Could be arthritis for your poor little Tank too. How old is he? What breed?

Last fall, I was given several boxes/crates of yarn. Along with it came a few WIP and some squares. Are any of you interested in me sending you some of these? You wouldn't have to take all of them, just whichever ones you want, and however many of each color you want. Queen gets first dibs! (post here instead of a PM so that others know what is already requested).

*At the top of the first picture, there is a strip of eight 4.5" squares in white, dark red, and yellow. You can take all of them, or I can separate them and piece them out (they're just whip-stitched together)

*On the bottom of the first picture, there are five 4.5" squares bordered with cream (centers are yellow, brown, 2 dark orange, a mauve?)

*At the top of the second picture is seven 4" squares in a white/tan/brown variegated yarn.

*On the bottom of the second picture is eight 4" squares in a yellow/orange/green variegated yarn (very vintage colors)

*At the top of the 3rd picture is a 5.75" square in pastels.

*On the bottom of the 3rd picture is two 4" squares in a blue/green variegated yarn.

I love the ones from the white/tan/brown variegated yarn :) 

Archived