Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

It's been a rough week here... I rarely use my sick days for work and I stayed home 2 days this week. I'm feeling better, but I feel like it's all heading towards a sinus infection... ugh. So I've been wiped out and staying quiet this week...

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am finally back. Had some computer problems, but one is fixed and will work on the other one a little at a time.

I have been enjoying the warm weather here. Yesterday and the day before and the day before that it was in the high 60s here. I noticed that tonight is forecast to be back in the 30s. I thought the cold weather was gone.

Congratulations to the new Mommy and welcome to new baby.

Hope all the sick ones are getting better.

Hope I am still listed as active. I am still collecting squares for my pastel ghan.

Rusty is curled up asleep at my feet.

How many days until Spring this year?

I have quite a few balls of yarn that I'm going to TRY to get through today!! Miss Rosalie is now almost 11 months old (WHERE HAS THAT TIME GONE?!?!?!!) and she's gotten quite clingy! She will play with her brothers (who are now 7 & 5) but them & their daddy have a lot of outside stuff planned today so those balls of yarn MIGHT have to wait until this evening when it's too dark for them to do stuff outside! We'll just have to see! It's supposed to be in the upper 50's so maybe we can spend some time outside as well as long as there's not some really strong wind again today! 

Mine is 9 years old and still clingy!

Welcome back, yarn_monkey! Congrats about the wedding and condolences about your mother. Good luck with the house. Hopefully some yarn therapy will help!

Sigh...we still have the industrial strength fans and dehumidifier going. Hopefully we get the all clear today and we won't be confined to the back of the apt anymore.

The girls are sick. Y has the sniffles and C has her "seal bark" back. Its been nearly 2 years since she had it so her albuteral is expired. I used it anyway, now I'm trying to get ahold of her doctor for a refill.

I feel overwhelmed with the planning for the move and the baby. I need a move coordinator...

Hope they feel better!

Cindy I know how you feel other than not pregnant. I did have surgery and moved . It was very over whelming and took every ounce or energy I could find. Moving alone is over whelming.

Trying to get my house cleaned. Haven't done dishes sense Sunday because been in and out at three different hospitals and doctors appointments. Then made supper for daughter and cleaned up her kitchen . So I couldn't sleep this morning past 6:30 so I got up and cleaned my counters off and did the dishes. Garbage taken out and not headed out to the grocery store. Then over to see my little man and back home to vacuum and pick up as much as I can. I have the boys so don't want to just clean. But we are going to try to get to their room and clean it up put clothes away and set up their tv for their system. Put toys in closet and whatever we can get to make it look like a room. :)

So I am off here and out the door I go.

So busy!

Just letting you all know I am still alive. Been very busy last few days and also very tired. Been a bad week. Soon to be ex is giving me a very rough way to go. considering a restraining order if he dont go away.Been rather Blah.... lately.  Life is just running me over with a steam roller lately and I feel like it is backing up. I didnt try to catch up just kinda skimmed through. 

Hugs!

It's been a rough week here... I rarely use my sick days for work and I stayed home 2 days this week. I'm feeling better, but I feel like it's all heading towards a sinus infection... ugh. So I've been wiped out and staying quiet this week...

Hope you are feeling better still!

Hi,

I am finally back. Had some computer problems, but one is fixed and will work on the other one a little at a time.

I have been enjoying the warm weather here. Yesterday and the day before and the day before that it was in the high 60s here. I noticed that tonight is forecast to be back in the 30s. I thought the cold weather was gone.

Hope I am still listed as active. I am still collecting squares for my pastel ghan.

Thanks!

and good morning all! Kiddles did spend the day on the couch and seems better this morning. So we will head out to the mall later for a walk and to the grocery store after. I pulled out a bunch of fabric I will be listing on my destash etsy shop and took pictures, now to list them! Takes some time!

Hope everyone has a good day!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Today going go cook spaghetti dinner at daughters house. Boys mom wants to see baby so it will save me a trip. Thank goodness!

Well, last night we went to my uncles house about 20 miles away, so RC could help him butcher a hog & for payment, we came home with some meat from the last hog! So that was pretty nice!! I helped my aunt cook dinner (we had chili & grilled cheese - YUM!) and once we got home, it didn't take long for Rosalie to go to sleep, and shortly after she did, I was in bed also. It was nice being able to go to bed before 10PM! I feel nice & rested today so maybe I'll get some crocheting in! It's quite a bit chillier than yesterday & it's not supposed to get as nice either. According to the weather channel, we're in for another cold snap. Yesterday's dinner is still in the fridge (Never had a chance to cook it since we went over there!) so I'll pop that in the oven about 10:30 for lunch! It's chicken breasts (the boneless skinless ones), small potatoes chopped in half & asparagus with italian dry seasoning & butter popped on the top of it. Just put it in & let it bake & it's delicious!! 

We skipped church today. I didn't think parents would be to happy with us if I brought a croupy child to the nursery. I got the stuff put back into the storage closet and the toy room put back together. I went through everything and posted a bunch of stuff on Freecycle. Unfortunately, the carpet guy didn't check the closet in the toy room. I opened it and a wall if mustiness hit me. Nothing damaged (except a puzzle that fell to the floor at some point) and I pulled everything out and put a fan in there.

Eek! Walking Dead is on! Yarn in hand and zombies on TV, so I'm happy.  :) Anybody else watch?

I took a break from working on my mom's house today to work on my sister's baby shower. It was something my mom and I were supposed to do together so that makes it especially hard, but especially important that I do it right. The baby shower is Saturday and we have a contract on house now, pending the home inspection and the buyer's financing going through. I think I'm good as long as I stay busy, but I'm just worried how it'll go once the baby shower is over and probate is done and we've closed on the house. 

I really have missed everyone and I'm so excited to get back into the group and our squares!  :yarn

Hi,

Hi Ya Rusty and mom, lol yep you are still an active member, we didn't give up hope on you!! lol Glad you are back!

Well, last night we went to my uncles house about 20 miles away, so RC could help him butcher a hog & for payment, we came home with some meat from the last hog! So that was pretty nice!! I helped my aunt cook dinner (we had chili & grilled cheese - YUM!) and once we got home, it didn't take long for Rosalie to go to sleep, and shortly after she did, I was in bed also. It was nice being able to go to bed before 10PM! I feel nice & rested today so maybe I'll get some crocheting in! It's quite a bit chillier than yesterday & it's not supposed to get as nice either. According to the weather channel, we're in for another cold snap. Yesterday's dinner is still in the fridge (Never had a chance to cook it since we went over there!) so I'll pop that in the oven about 10:30 for lunch! It's chicken breasts (the boneless skinless ones), small potatoes chopped in half & asparagus with italian dry seasoning & butter popped on the top of it. Just put it in & let it bake & it's delicious!! 

Believe it or not, I have never ever eaten aspargas, it like spinach reminds me of the stuff you hose off the mower after mowing wet grass,,,,,,aaaaaaaackkkkkkk lol The rest sounds delightful however!

Just letting you all know I am still alive. Been very busy last few days and also very tired. Been a bad week. Soon to be ex is giving me a very rough way to go. considering a restraining order if he dont go away.Been rather Blah.... lately.  Life is just running me over with a steam roller lately and I feel like it is backing up. I didnt try to catch up just kinda skimmed through. 

IT's tough, hang in there though, it will be worth it.....

Well all the quotes didn't come through, soooo. how is everyone, kiddles and all those that weren't feeling well, i hope are on the road to recovery... All those we haven't heard from in a while,,,,,,,,hope all is well!!!!!!!! Yarn_monkey is back, and actively a member, don't forget to check out her preferences on the first post!

To all of you out there, take care, a cooler week ahead for us, and if you are not crocheting, Why Not!! lol     

oh yeah, finished another baby afg. for project linus, I will snap it tomorrow, as it is done, but not photo'd yet....... that makes two this week, yay!!!!!!!!

Eek! Walking Dead is on! Yarn in hand and zombies on TV, so I'm happy.  :) Anybody else watch?

I took a break from working on my mom's house today to work on my sister's baby shower. It was something my mom and I were supposed to do together so that makes it especially hard, but especially important that I do it right. The baby shower is Saturday and we have a contract on house now, pending the home inspection and the buyer's financing going through. I think I'm good as long as I stay busy, but I'm just worried how it'll go once the baby shower is over and probate is done and we've closed on the house. 

I really have missed everyone and I'm so excited to get back into the group and our squares!  :yarn

YES!!! We watched the first 3 & a half seasons in a week & a half & got caught up just in time for season 4 to come back on!! I'm slightly addicted & that surprises me!! I NEVER thought I'd be into a show like this... But I am!!

YES!!! We watched the first 3 & a half seasons in a week & a half & got caught up just in time for season 4 to come back on!! I'm slightly addicted & that surprises me!! I NEVER thought I'd be into a show like this... But I am!!

I never thought I'd get into a zombie anything, but I am OBSESSED! I am on pins and needles until Sundays every week and when they're on hiatus I just don't know what to do with  myself! 

@Katyallen - I'd never had asparagus until about a year ago.. i absolutely LOVE it but only if it's fresh!! NOT from a can!!

Eeeewww... Canned asparagus!!!! I roast it with some olive oil, garlic pepper and sea salt! YUM! Canned asparagus shouldn't be allowed... it's like mush and tastes nothing like fresh!

'm so glad you liked it! You've sent me so many nice ones that I wanted to get a nice one done late rather than a plain one done during Queen Month. :) The pattern is, of course, from our own AngelRoseLite! Haha, the woman at the post office told me it was estimated to arrive Friday, but it didn't occur to me that would be Valentine's day!

Great colors, viking!  I haven't made that square in a while.  I want to make a tote using alternating dahlia squares.  The designer really outdid herself, didn't she?

Cody is here. 7 lbs 12 oz. 19 inches long. She had to have him c-section. She dilated to 5 almost but he just wasn't far enough down. Plus umbilica cord was wrapped around his neck . They are bringing her up from recovery room now.

Congratulations, owlvamp!  It sounds like it was tense for a bit there.  I'm glad everything turned out well for our daughter and baby.  Loved the pictures :)

I finally got busy with work for a few days now.  In between jobs, I was rushing the testing of some Easter hats for ShiFio and checking the Spanish translation of one of their knitting patterns.  I even finished three sets of crocodile stitch booties.  They're just missing the buttons.  I'll post those sometime this week.  Today I'll post here a picture of my two-month-old niece wearing the hooded sweater/jumper that I tested for ShiFio.  Baby was photographed while having a private potty moment, lol.  So please excuse the expression.

post-44469-0-21757000-1393221152_thumb.jpg

It took quite a while for me to catch up with the old posts.  I hope everyone is doing much better and that the weather eases up.  We've been warm, cooling down now.  It's supposed to rain buckets on Friday.  I hope so.  This drought is scary stuff.

TTFN :)

Maria

Good Morning,

I've been MIA for couple of days and you all have chatted up a storm, I'll never catch up  :lol

I am exhausted and sore, I am getting to old to be loading and unloading u-hauls full of furniture and household stuff. But my daughter and her family are moved into their rental condo, it is a very nice place, My daughter will be busy for a while unpacking, some of the stuff has been in boxes for about 6 years, she forgot she had some of it. I finished packing up the toy area of my sewing room last night and will haul most of it to the Salvation Army today after work, some things I will be taking to friends at church on Wed. I did little crocheting on the way to the new place on Sat. morning but that has been it of my stitching for the past couple of days, maybe I'll get some in tonight. Ok, enough rambling. Have a great day everyone. 

Skoggy, I have squares ready for you, I'll send a PM for your address.

Good morning ladies!

No crocheting here either. I finally got back home last night and was going to work on a couple squares I promised and let's say at 9 my eyes just became so heavy I couldn't keep them open. I'm so sorry ladies . I will understand if you would pick someone else to test for you. Didn't think all this would have gone on. I will try to get to it today or tomorrow. I'm really sorry. It's not like me but sense the surgery I am so tired all the time. I got my blood work done so will see how my iron is. I try to stay hopping but I need to stay home. I miss it so much but then I love holding and seeing my little man.

Good morning ladies!

No crocheting here either. I finally got back home last night and was going to work on a couple squares I promised and let's say at 9 my eyes just became so heavy I couldn't keep them open. I'm so sorry ladies . I will understand if you would pick someone else to test for you. Didn't think all this would have gone on. I will try to get to it today or tomorrow. I'm really sorry. It's not like me but sense the surgery I am so tired all the time. I got my blood work done so will see how my iron is. I try to stay hopping but I need to stay home. I miss it so much but then I love holding and seeing my little man.

No worries! I would have found a new tester if I was THAT worried about it. Life happens. I'm not exactly hopping at the moment either.

Good afternoon

been to the hand Doc.I'm released,he said I was a quick healer

my therapy is crochet and time,crochet for mobility and time for the deep bruising to heal of muscles and ligaments

so today I increased my chaining to 20,had been doing ten a day,maybe by the weekend I'll be back to hat making!!!

Some of what I have been working on. 2 are backpacks and the other is just a little purse. I have an orange backpack that is finished (for me ) buuuut I have to re-sew my liner back in, apparently I forgot how to sew and I must have forgot to tie a knot in my thread :lol . Time to get ready for  the kids to get home, I have about an hour left, so thats my girl-time with my neighbor and awesome friend, so off to her house I go. See you all after while   :hug  :hug  :hug 

post-39682-0-83012300-1393273056_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-16464400-1393273069_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-52154000-1393273079_thumb.jpg

Nice eye candy!

I'm working on a tote myself, double strand so will be sturdy.....I'll post a pic when all done....

Tomorrow morning...early blood draw - since my work is affiliated with schools, we get free blood work once a year. Hope it stayed good!

Hugs,

Kuddles

No worries! I would have found a new tester if I was THAT worried about it. Life happens. I'm not exactly hopping at the moment either.

Thank you so much for understanding. I'm going to try to work on it in the next couple days. Thank you !

Archived