Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Check up went well. Baby is measuring on track and I passed my glucose test. Yay! Now I start going every 2 weeks.

The carpet feels dry in most places. Its still wet by the door. That is were it was the worst, so that's probably why. I hope that when the carpet guy comes, he gives us the okay for the toy room and the storage closet.

Hey, have you put the pattern for your avatar up for sale yet?  Still (patiently) waiting.  Let me know.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone, just checking in and checking ya all out!!

supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow, maybe rain, RAIN, not snow, not ice, nor sleet!!!!!!! Don't know bout the winds yet, lol, all in all we'll take it, beats below freezing temps anyday!

Got 4 rows of 5inch, well 6 inch with the trim row, done on the ghan Im patiently doing, so far, it's 6 by 4 6 inch squares, I still have a ways to go, both ways, length, and width, lol

But looks cute so far.... I snapped a pic of a part of it, but the camera is in the craft room, and I don't want to go do it right now, lol just sat down for a while to relax and read posts....

Hope your meeting went well Kuddles, and you had a safe drive.

see ya in the am, sometime..................

Hi everyone!

Back home finally after a very long day. Started off getting some food this morning for supper at daughters hose. Came home made most of it so daughter didn't have to. Went and seen my little man and then left and got the boys and back home to let puppies potty and pick up some things and back to daughters house. Got everyone fed and dishes done and back home we came. It's been a very long day.

Sorry haven't gotten on much just been so tired when I finally get back at home.

I have a stack of squares to be sent off Monday or Tuesday!! 

Just have to get the addresses so I can get them in their baggies & envelopes & I'll get them addressed :) 

Gotta work on that stash busting score somehow :lol

Ladies, I've been away for a really long time and I hope you'll forgive me and have me back!! 

In November 2012, our landlord broke up with his girlfriend and wanted his house back so we had to move. In April 2013, my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. In July I lost my job. In August, I got  married. I also found out my sister was pregnant (which she announced on Facebook the day before my wedding, which was a whole big thing) Later in August, while on my honeymoon, my mom got the all clear with her cancer. In October it was back. November we went for a second opinion at UVA and they said there was no curing it or making it better. She passed away on January 21st and now we're working through selling her house and making it through probate! I've missed you all and at this point I would really love a distraction! 

I haven't been through all the posts that I've missed (because it's got to be at least a million) so if anything has happened rules wise, can someone let me know?

I would really love love love to be back!!  :)

Good morning all! I didn't post yesterday and I can't believe that!

First of all......yarn_monkey.....big hugs to you! You've been through so much, hopefully all is looking up!

My news is kiddles is sick. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat, came home from school saying it hurt and crying a bit. More motrin.....this morning, woke me early with it hurting again. I think it is 'just' a virus so she will be on the couch all day watching Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. She is so sad about that...not!

So off I go ....everyone have a good day!

kuddles

I have quite a few balls of yarn that I'm going to TRY to get through today!! Miss Rosalie is now almost 11 months old (WHERE HAS THAT TIME GONE?!?!?!!) and she's gotten quite clingy! She will play with her brothers (who are now 7 & 5) but them & their daddy have a lot of outside stuff planned today so those balls of yarn MIGHT have to wait until this evening when it's too dark for them to do stuff outside! We'll just have to see! It's supposed to be in the upper 50's so maybe we can spend some time outside as well as long as there's not some really strong wind again today! 

Good morning!

For those talking about Project Linus--my local JoAnn's store actually has a collection bin! You may want to check in with craft stores in your area to see if they do collections! The main drop-off location in my area is in St. Louis, which is not far at all, but my JoAnn's is only about 5 miles from my house :)

Welcome back, yarn_monkey! Congrats about the wedding and condolences about your mother. Good luck with the house. Hopefully some yarn therapy will help!

Sigh...we still have the industrial strength fans and dehumidifier going. Hopefully we get the all clear today and we won't be confined to the back of the apt anymore.

The girls are sick. Y has the sniffles and C has her "seal bark" back. Its been nearly 2 years since she had it so her albuteral is expired. I used it anyway, now I'm trying to get ahold of her doctor for a refill.

I feel overwhelmed with the planning for the move and the baby. I need a move coordinator...

Cindy I know how you feel other than not pregnant. I did have surgery and moved . It was very over whelming and took every ounce or energy I could find. Moving alone is over whelming.

Trying to get my house cleaned. Haven't done dishes sense Sunday because been in and out at three different hospitals and doctors appointments. Then made supper for daughter and cleaned up her kitchen . So I couldn't sleep this morning past 6:30 so I got up and cleaned my counters off and did the dishes. Garbage taken out and not headed out to the grocery store. Then over to see my little man and back home to vacuum and pick up as much as I can. I have the boys so don't want to just clean. But we are going to try to get to their room and clean it up put clothes away and set up their tv for their system. Put toys in closet and whatever we can get to make it look like a room.:)

So I am off here and out the door I go.

It's so gorgeous outside today!! We've been enjoying time outside, so I've not gotten to hook any! While Rosalie took a nap, I took advantage of that & did dishes, got tonights dinner prepped & in the fridge so I just have to pop it in the oven and started some laundry! Now, I'm listening to my baby brothers basketball team play on the local radio station at home on their app on my ipad! They're in districts & looking like they're going to win this game!! (Up by 34) REALLY hoping they make it to state this year because that's only 2 hours from us!! Final score 66-37!!! Yay!! On to another ball game next week, Monday night!! Woot Woot :) 

It's so gorgeous outside today!! We've been enjoying time outside, so I've not gotten to hook any! While Rosalie took a nap, I took advantage of that & did dishes, got tonights dinner prepped & in the fridge so I just have to pop it in the oven and started some laundry! Now, I'm listening to my baby brothers basketball team play on the local radio station at home on their app on my ipad! They're in districts & looking like they're going to win this game!! (Up by 34) REALLY hoping they make it to state this year because that's only 2 hours from us!! Final score 66-37!!! Yay!! On to another ball game next week, Monday night!! Woot Woot :)

hope they win state,our district has gone to state and won a few times

Checking in while at my sister's house.  New computer should have been here by now but after making it to the KC hub it disappeared sooo we have to wait for another one.

Mailed out squares to our reigning queen this morning.

yarn_monkey so sorry for your loss, glad you came back to us.

owlvamp congrats on the beautiful grandbaby

jessicali, glad to see you back, it looks like you have also moved.

Hi to all

HI everyone!! first of all, welcome back yarn monkey, so sorry for your loss, and congratz on the good things like getting married, your life has been busier in the past few months, than most of us in the last year!!! If you would kindly send me your current addy, and an update on your square preferences, I will get you on the list lickity split!!! We are glad you are back!!!!

Hi everyone!

Back home finally after a very long day. Started off getting some food this morning for supper at daughters hose. Came home made most of it so daughter didn't have to. Went and seen my little man and then left and got the boys and back home to let puppies potty and pick up some things and back to daughters house. Got everyone fed and dishes done and back home we came. It's been a very long day.

Sorry haven't gotten on much just been so tired when I finally get back at home.

We were beginning to worry, you and kuddles, are daily multiple posters most usually, so we worry when you don't come on, lol, glad all is well with baby, and you are enjoying time with him and your daughter!

I have a stack of squares to be sent off Monday or Tuesday!! 

Just have to get the addresses so I can get them in their baggies & envelopes & I'll get them addressed :) 

Gotta work on that stash busting score somehow :lol

Wow, you're a fast worker, lol....Glad to see you back posting, and hope all is well with the little one!!

Ladies, I've been away for a really long time and I hope you'll forgive me and have me back!! 

In November 2012, our landlord broke up with his girlfriend and wanted his house back so we had to move. In April 2013, my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. In July I lost my job. In August, I got  married. I also found out my sister was pregnant (which she announced on Facebook the day before my wedding, which was a whole big thing) Later in August, while on my honeymoon, my mom got the all clear with her cancer. In October it was back. November we went for a second opinion at UVA and they said there was no curing it or making it better. She passed away on January 21st and now we're working through selling her house and making it through probate! I've missed you all and at this point I would really love a distraction! 

I haven't been through all the posts that I've missed (because it's got to be at least a million) so if anything has happened rules wise, can someone let me know?

I would really love love love to be back!!  :)

Consider it done!!!!!!!

I have quite a few balls of yarn that I'm going to TRY to get through today!! Miss Rosalie is now almost 11 months old (WHERE HAS THAT TIME GONE?!?!?!!) and she's gotten quite clingy! She will play with her brothers (who are now 7 & 5) but them & their daddy have a lot of outside stuff planned today so those balls of yarn MIGHT have to wait until this evening when it's too dark for them to do stuff outside! We'll just have to see! It's supposed to be in the upper 50's so maybe we can spend some time outside as well as long as there's not some really strong wind again today! 

oh I hear that, sometimes it's hard to find the time to do anything, with little ones about! 

Good morning!

For those talking about Project Linus--my local JoAnn's store actually has a collection bin! You may want to check in with craft stores in your area to see if they do collections! The main drop-off location in my area is in St. Louis, which is not far at all, but my JoAnn's is only about 5 miles from my house :)

Hello mandy!! yep, mine is close by too, and i am in michaels more than joannes, but both are close as is the quilting shop.......

Welcome back, yarn_monkey! Congrats about the wedding and condolences about your mother. Good luck with the house. Hopefully some yarn therapy will help!

Sigh...we still have the industrial strength fans and dehumidifier going. Hopefully we get the all clear today and we won't be confined to the back of the apt anymore.

The girls are sick. Y has the sniffles and C has her "seal bark" back. Its been nearly 2 years since she had it so her albuteral is expired. I used it anyway, now I'm trying to get ahold of her doctor for a refill.

I feel overwhelmed with the planning for the move and the baby. I need a move coordinator...

Gosh, what a thing to happen huh, thank goodness the place is still liveable, I mean, you are moving yes, but not right now, lol

sorry to hear about kiddles and her cold, and the other sick kiddos too..Kids catch everything, don't they.......

Oh, on the bright side of things, I have notified our new queen to be for March, and she has accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skoggy, let us know how the square collecting is going, and one more week till you pass the crown.........boo hoo hoo, this month has sped by!

Ok all, take care of yourselves, and your families, and Ill catch up more later........

Good evening everyone!

How did everyone's day go? Mine went well and accomplished a lot. So I'm satisfied and seen my precious little man. I'm home resting and will go in the den soon to put the heating pad on my back. I am taking it easy and not bending much. I have the girls and boys here to help me. So it's nice to have a lot of help.

One more week to get those squares off to our Queen!!! I know mine took about a week to reach her, so all those that have squares coming her way, please contact her for her addy, even late, they will be very much appreciated.... I know several of you have sent already, and several more are sending soon from what i read in the posts, soooo, hopefully they should arrive soon..

Hey all! I've been wrapped up in my Crochet Games project. I was lurking for a bit but I haven't even had the energy to do that for a few days - opened the last unread post in a new tab so I can get caught up once this is done.

But one thing I did definitely catch, welcome aboard baby Cody!! Congratulations!

Just letting you all know I am still alive. Been very busy last few days and also very tired. Been a bad week. Soon to be ex is giving me a very rough way to go. considering a restraining order if he dont go away.Been rather Blah.... lately.  Life is just running me over with a steam roller lately and I feel like it is backing up. I didnt try to catch up just kinda skimmed through. 

dragnlady you can do it. If a restraining is what it takes then do it. Sorry that some think they need to make us miserable and that's sad. It's over with just go your own ways and not fight about it. There's just no sense in it but I guess some don't get the memo.prayers and hugs go your way. I'm headed to bed for I'm exhausted.

Archived