Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning,

VikingrunnerGirl, I'm glad the squares arrived safely and that you like them.

Sounds like everyone has been busy. My weekend was busy with sewing projects. I spent a good part of Saturday helping a friend from my sewing guild group make a little girl dress. She has been sewing for about 5 years but never made a garment, she was so excited when we finished the dress, she still had some hand work to do on it when I left her house. I finished a vest and pants for my grandson's Christmas outfit and started on his shirt. Of course when the grandkids came over on Sunday and saw the vest on my little dress form my granddaughter immediately wanted to know where her outfit was.

Now it's back to the work week.

Have a great day everyone.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!

Well Kiddles and I are feeling lucky today! The tornados were all around us....closest was about 15 miles down the road! The rain was sheeting down so hard and the wind...oh my! But we came out safe, and the electricity never went off which was a miracle! So we made out so much better than others. The death toll yesterday was 2........hope that doesn't go up!

Back to the work/school week. Not ready for it! Would like another day off!!!

Hugs,

kuddles

Good Morning Squares!  It's another drizzly New England November morning.  We actually had the windows open over the weekend, but none of that today!  It's back to a real chill in the air. I'll be happy if the white stuff holds off for a while, like just before Christmas, lol.   

SHEW....   Talk about busy. Yesterday about 3 oclock I went to hang something in the bathroom and there was water everywhere. Our hot water heat busted. YEAH. 

so today we went to take our skills exam.(Emergency medical responders). then off to get a hotwater heater. put it in. As soon as it was done a friend called and he had shot a deer for us. so we went and got it took it to the processor. on the way home from there we got toned out (volunteer fire for those who dont know). house fire fully engulfed by time we got there. Just got home. Hubby still out there. so been up since 6 am it is now midnight and my first chance to relax.......  I think it is bedtime.

Wow, your making me tired, and I just got up, lol.  I didn't realize you were a volunteer FF, thanks for all you do!  My youngest son is a volunteer FF, following in his father's footsteps.

Good morning

,only 10 hats to go to meet my fifty hats for the homeless of Portsmouth ( Bells,whistles and woo hoo's)

WTG!!!! That's a lot of hats! Woot!

I second the Pineknott-is-a-rock-star! I doubt I'll get fifty hats made in my whole LIFE! O_o

We have Frontline/Frontline Plus as well... I got our latest batch online and got the six pack so at least the price per dose was less even though it was more up front! Ohhhhh... Hrm. When I was price shopping for this most recent batch, I remember reading somewhere that the stuff not through the vet isn't quite the real stuff and isn't as good.... I decided that was probably wrong because why would the manufacturer make a good version and a crappy version?? It just doesn't make sense to me. And also I've gotten it from Petco before and it worked fine. This batch seems to be doing nothing, though! Grr. Off to do some more research now... >:-(

Anywho, picture time! These arrived from Our Carol on Saturday while we were visiting my parents. Lucious colors!

Pretty squares!  We use Frontline too.  I get it from 1-800-Pet-med online and have always had good service.  It works the best out of anything I've tried, but poor little Juno hates it.  She feels sick for about  a day after getting it. Other brands are worse though.  It's so sad to watch her just moping around not being her playful self. :(

Good Morning,

VikingrunnerGirl, I'm glad the squares arrived safely and that you like them.

Sounds like everyone has been busy. My weekend was busy with sewing projects. I spent a good part of Saturday helping a friend from my sewing guild group make a little girl dress. She has been sewing for about 5 years but never made a garment, she was so excited when we finished the dress, she still had some hand work to do on it when I left her house. I finished a vest and pants for my grandson's Christmas outfit and started on his shirt. Of course when the grandkids came over on Sunday and saw the vest on my little dress form my granddaughter immediately wanted to know where her outfit was.

Now it's back to the work week.

Have a great day everyone.

Aww, how nice.  Wanna come up to MA and teach me to sew? Actually, I'm a lost cause.  People have tried, but the machine and I don't get along. :lol

Good morning all!

Well Kiddles and I are feeling lucky today! The tornados were all around us....closest was about 15 miles down the road! The rain was sheeting down so hard and the wind...oh my! But we came out safe, and the electricity never went off which was a miracle! So we made out so much better than others. The death toll yesterday was 2........hope that doesn't go up!

Hugs,

kuddles

So glad to hear that you are safe!!!  Frightening weather out there this year! What's going on? Geez.

Court Today in about an hour and half to try to get visitation of the baby.....  wish us luck and say a prayer please.

Also praying that anyone in the way of all the tornadoes last night are safe

prayers and good wishes to you,that you get visitation

Annie,I'll have to let Rene' know there is someone else that has problems with sewing machines

she has tried numerous times to use mine,it jams up and refuses to go,and I have no problem with it.

Prayers......

Court Today in about an hour and half to try to get visitation of the baby.....  wish us luck and say a prayer please.

Also praying that anyone in the way of all the tornadoes last night are safe

we get to go see that little girl in about 3 hours. gonna do some visiting over at her moms (say a prayer) so Charlotte can get accustomed to us before we take her without her mom.  but she has already agreed that we can take her for thanksgiving

woo hoo dragnlady!!!!

Kuddles, thought of you yesterday, and hoped you were well out of harms way!!

Grannyannie, happy Monday!!

Hi Linda, Im sure you have those hats done by now!! LOL

cSHORT, BACK TO WORK!!

I hope you put up pics of the outfits for us all to drool over!!!! Those of us that don't sew, are amazed at some of the things you gals that do sew, create!!

attention please, some of the following photos contain the color ORANGE. For those of you adversly affected by ORANGE, please now apply filtered glasses, so you can still enjoy.......( iM pushing the rose colored lenses today!!)

Breaking news!! There have been four puffy's spotted at the local PO that will leave omaha today, for at this moment at least, unknown places.......Stay tuned, as I will pass on more info, as it becomes available.......]]

( don't peek now.)post-40621-0-11304100-1384798399_thumb.jpg

and there is further news, that these culprits, might and in all probability believed to be, at this time, were, and are included in said puffys...Where are they going?? Will they be accepted? Is this just the beginning of some sort of square migration??? stay tuned,for details at a later time! ..

post-40621-0-67944600-1384798474_thumb.jpg      post-40621-0-82153500-1384798522_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-22959100-1384798582_thumb.jpg      post-40621-0-72895200-1384798618_thumb.jpg

and so, as we follow this breaking story to the unknown destinations they are purposed for, we will keep you updated of further delvelopments ... Now, back to your normal programming!!!!!!!

Good morning all!

Hugs,

kuddles

I am so glad to hear you are safe.

we get to go see that little girl in about 3 hours. gonna do some visiting over at her moms (say a prayer) so Charlotte can get accustomed to us before we take her without her mom.  but she has already agreed that we can take her for thanksgiving

That is great news.

Katie, I will post pics of the outfits as soon as I finish them

Hi grannyannie and pineknott and anyone else I missed.

Officially checking in.  Have been lurking but not posting.  Seems like this is always a busy time of year, trying to get everything ready for winter.  Then throw in getting ready for the holidays. 

Linda, congratulations on all the hats.  I am sure they will be appreciated.

Oh Katie, so many puffies and orange, I almost need my sun glasses.

dragnlady5  I am well accustomed to the tone and the ensuing rush to the station, dh is also a volunteer ff. 

I can't tell you how many times we have started out to something or been on our way home only to be dumped at the station. 

uh oh, past my watch tv in bed time already!!

You all have a good night's rest, kuddles, owlvamp, this includes BOTH of you as well! lol    and Ill see you on the morrow, hopefully, the sun will shine for us!!             good night.......

Oh how wonderful!

Thanks Katie! I slept better last nite!

uh oh, past my watch tv in bed time already!!

You all have a good night's rest, kuddles, owlvamp, this includes BOTH of you as well! lol    and Ill see you on the morrow, hopefully, the sun will shine for us!!             good night.......

Well still feeling lucky today! So much devastation here in Illinois......and elsewhere! Prayers to all that have been touched by the storm! I hope I can remember this 'lucky' feeling when I'm tempted to complain! Well, I'll still complain but hopefully I won't as much!

I made kiddles the cutest little hat with some beads and poms so I must take a picture and post! I'm making one for me! No, I'm not too old to wear it dang it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

kuddles

good morning all

a bit on the chilly side,not complaining,love the cool weather,sun is shining

just fininshed hat # 43

came back to add,our fall foliage is at peak now with  beautiful  deep crimson,and yellows

Katie, wow on those squares! They look GREAT!

Keep warm pineknott!

cshort, thanks for the thoughts on us being safe! it was scarey out there!

Ann, hi honey! Hope you get to feeling better !!

and hi to everyone else! Obviously this morning I did not spot all the new posts and only answered a couple! DOH!

kuddles

Beautiful squares..I'm sure they will cause lots of squeals of delight..

Just found out that Thanksgiving dinner is at my house..I was hoping it would be at my sister in law's house..But she said my house is bigger...I'm like DARN...I'm just worried because my mother in law has MS and she gets tired out really easy...There isn't any place here for her to get quiet/regroup time like at sister in law's..Mother in law lives with them, she has her own little place she can go to when it get too rowdy for her..It'll be good...Missing my eldest daughter and her husband..Watching the horses (not ours) in the field munching...And our 3rd daughter turned 17 yesterday...I ofcourse spent most of the day crying..I always do that on their 17th birthday..Not so much their 18th.. :shrug   

Hi all!

Well, I think i am geting some of my old energy back, after battling this virus for two plus weeks....I got a bit more done today, things like changing the bed, and vacuuming in the bedroom, hall, laundry room, and craft room, will leave the living room till tomorrow, and the kitchen I vacuum too, with a stick vac, so that will be tomorrow too,...

My new floor is sure nice, doesn't show every grain of cat litter, or every drop of spilled coffee, like the old floor did, and no matter what I did, it never looked clean!! This one I love, never looks dirty!! my kind of floor!!

Cats and doggie all dosed with front line, Max didn't even squirm, or i don't think he knew what we were doing, he was on my lap, and I was brushing him, and trying to part his tiny short hair, and had the vial of goop in the other hand, just kept brushing his back, while the other hand squirted it between his shoulder blades, and he didn't even turn around and look at me with those Panic Flea Meidcation eyes he gets, nor did he run off and hide behind the couch for the rest of the day, lol I know how now, just brush him and do it at the same time, however will by next month, grow another hand, to make it easier lolol.....

Doggie is never a prob, as she just knows, it's inevitable, moms going to do what mom has to do, and will never ever hurt me eyes!!

And the other kitty, the siamese, is so laid back, he knows it goes on, but doesn't fuss at all, and when over, just goes back to sleep, lol

I have been doing a bit of ancestry research on ancestry .com, and have found several bits of until now, unknown info.. So that is really interesting, but I think my 14 day free trial is up now, so if I want more time, I gotta pay for it now, tha'ts how they getcha!!

Have any of you used it, if so, was it worth it, was it successful??

Oh, worked on some pretty varg. pink squares today, they turned out lovely, such pretty yarn, I will try to snap some pic tonight or tomorrow, never know, they may turn up on a square giveaway one day soon.....

here again, have had the yarn for quite a while, and it is of course, ecstatic to become a "square" now!! Or in this case, 5 squares!! lol

Glad most of us are on the mend from whatever it was got us down, and can't say enough about the poor people in Ilinois, and the devastation there, So glad Kuddles and kiddles, were out of harms way...Someone up above, was looking out for them me thinks!

haven't heard from sandra, she might not have internet yet.......

no becca, no angel still, and others, heard from Bgs now, but some members still not with us, i hope they rejoin us soon!!

Hello everyone,

I did most of my Thanksgiving shopping today. Tomorrow I will order pies. I'm working on putting buttons on my grandson's shirt and vest tonight and his Christmas outfit will be finished, then on to granddaughter's outfit. Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

I have been doing a bit of ancestry research on ancestry .com, and have found several bits of until now, unknown info.. So that is really interesting, but I think my 14 day free trial is up now, so if I want more time, I gotta pay for it now, tha'ts how they getcha!!

Have any of you used it, if so, was it worth it, was it successful??

We are fortuneate to be close to KC.  Jim does a lot of research at the National Archives downtown and there is a  very nice genealogy library in Independence.  You can access the library version of ancestry for free at both places (and any of the Mid-Continent Public libraries in the area.)  You may be able to access it at a library in your area for free.  It doesn't let you do as much as a paid subscription.

We have talked with friends and family that have subscribed to Ancestry and they were happy with it.  They seem to subscribe for awhile, drop it when they don't have time to use it and then subscribe again later.  They send out emails periodically with reduced subscription rates so people wait and join then.  We keep saying we are going to subscribe when we hit a period when we can spend lots of time using it but so far that hasn't happened. 

Archived