Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all...We moved to a house on 200 acres in July...Cassie and Andie got pit/border collie puppies in October..A week ago I just got a chi/weenie puppy..He's 9 weeks...So that brings the total up to 7 dogs and since there was a cat here when we moved in..2 cats..1 bird and 1 fish...lol...I also have to go through my stuff and purge..I have alot of christmas gifts to make..I did start early, but way behind again..I also need to find the time to make some ornaments..I finally have a year round tree..(of sorts) We were cutting down firewood and I told Brian "DON'T cut this branch"...I think it's a madrone branch...Finally got internet..The only thing out here was satellite..So I pay out the rear for 10 gigs per month..Which is why I'm on here at 2am..My free time is from midnight to 5am...Hope everyone is doing well...I really need to start putting my lovely squares together as my youngest 2 daughter's are using them for barbie blankets..     

Howdy! Jump right in, we love to hear from everyone!

I discovered sashay yarn. Had seen the ruffly scarves made with it, so bought a skein to try. It isn't difficult, just tedious. Posted pictures on FB and suddenly friends were wanting the scarves!! I have currently sold about a dozen of them and have orders for another 2 dozen or so! I suppose tedious is in my life for a bit, at least til I get these scarves done! I hope some of the extras I have will also sell, otherwise no clue what to do with them! LOL

Let's see, in addition, I just finished an afghan for my husband to donate to an auction being held at his job. He says there is a possibility of an afghan order at his job too! 

One of the secretaries where I work approached me about doing an infinity scarf for her. Lots of potential just waiting to be put into motion. For the ruffle scarves, I'm on hold til the yarn I had to order gets here. Thank goodness they don't take long to whip up. I am kinda 'in between' projects right now, so have to figure out what I want to work on next. Have some squares that I am working on for sending out, but no big project yet.

Sorry to ramble, but I do want to try to be kinda active here so figured best way is to just jump in. 

Okay I'm tired just reading this! Whew you are one busy gal!

Hello all...We moved to a house on 200 acres in July...Cassie and Andie got pit/border collie puppies in October..A week ago I just got a chi/weenie puppy..He's 9 weeks...So that brings the total up to 7 dogs and since there was a cat here when we moved in..2 cats..1 bird and 1 fish...lol...I also have to go through my stuff and purge..I have alot of christmas gifts to make..I did start early, but way behind again..I also need to find the time to make some ornaments..I finally have a year round tree..(of sorts) We were cutting down firewood and I told Brian "DON'T cut this branch"...I think it's a madrone branch...Finally got internet..The only thing out here was satellite..So I pay out the rear for 10 gigs per month..Which is why I'm on here at 2am..My free time is from midnight to 5am...Hope everyone is doing well...I really need to start putting my lovely squares together as my youngest 2 daughter's are using them for barbie blankets..     

Good morning to ya! and yes TGIF!

Happy Friday!  :yay

Have a great day everyone! 

And good morning to all! This was a long week! I'm ready for the weekend! Supposed to rain literally the whole weekend which means I might get some stuff done around here! I need to sort and take pix of my craft supplies: I'm putting them on etsy to sell. Some fabric too. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

Otherwise, have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning everyone I'm up again for the thousand time. I think just way to much on the mind to get any good sleep. That's crazy but oh well.

hi all, hope you are all doing well. I finished one of the small bingo bag/purses.....finally. I just have up get a pic on my computer then i can post it.  its not your typical bingo bag, but its cute

See you all later :hug 

I got my turkey yesterday, with potatoes,stuffing and cranberry sauce. I will cook some yams, have heavenly salad, black olives and one chocolate and pumpkin pie. I also make pumpkin and banana bread. I think that's everything.

What do you all have with your turkey?

I will make sure the kitchen and dining room are all clear for thanksgiving .. That much will be done for the most part. What are all your plans?

I got my turkey yesterday, with potatoes,stuffing and cranberry sauce. I will cook some yams, have heavenly salad, black olives and one chocolate and pumpkin pie. I also make pumpkin and banana bread. I think that's everything.

I will make sure the kitchen and dining room are all clear for thanksgiving .. That much will be done for the most part. What are all your plans?

we have scaled way back on trimmings,for years we had creamed onions,wild rice,found we could do without those two items

for me it could just as well be the turkey and cranberry sauce,not fond of stuffing,and since its a month till my next check-up,I don't need to overdue on things

Oh and good morning all,nice to see more posting,yep it sure is limiting if you live out in the sticks,as to what kind of connection you have,many friends that live in the country say the same thing,whew didn't mean to write a book here.Linda

Some beautiful !

I won't be on the board for I won't have Internet till Monday I hope. So I will go crazy at night not being able to get on. But I will love and waiting on everyone to take another load over. I think I. Just about done with my part. YIPPY then heading over to the new place and rest.

See you all on Monday I hope.

You're welcome, dragnlady! I had so much fun with colors on those. :) 6 inchers really fly by, too!

nothing much going on here, plotting on how to get Max's one spot flea treatment on for the month, he hates it, but I do them every month, dog and the other kitty just let me, but Max, nope....Oh well, not really due till the 21st of the month anyway, by then, I will figure out yet another way to trick him!!

We just did our dog and cat the other night... We've got an infestation right now. :-/ Even so, neither animal enjoys it (somehow they just don't understand when we tell them it will make the fleas die!) Our tactic is that one of us holds them still while the other doses. The dog keeps trying to flop on her side so the stuff runs right onto the floor, and the cat goes into "NO I AM NOT TAKING THAT BATH!!!!" mode. And we haven't gotten his claws in a month, either. I had to wrap a blanket around his feet and clamp him under my arm!

Sorry to ramble, but I do want to try to be kinda active here so figured best way is to just jump in. 

:D Yep, that's about the size of it! Things can get pretty rambly around here. Oh dear, now I'm going to get this thread mixed up with my facebook running group and the epic thread of the last few days....

Happy Friday!  :yay

Have a great day everyone! 

Happy Friday indeed! 'Bout time! Ok, now I've responded, but I'm about to time out of internet again aaaaaaaugh ten seconds!! :PPPPP

Good morning Crochetville!! I am determined to NOT be a veg today, so finishing up some online posting and then off to do some running about since I am here alone today! Hubby has guard, daughter and her husband are working and grandson is at his dad's, so I have an entire day to myself!! (Uh-oh, daughter just came back in from work. She is not feeling well. She'll be in bed though and I have my cell, so if she needs something, she can call, so the day is still ON!)

Waiting on a couple of orders of yarn. People at my work fell in love with the silly sashay scarves I did just to be able to say I had tried them! I don't personally love them...they are tedious and not REALLY crochet. However, I now have orders for about 30 of them!! DUH! Had to order the yarn because the availability here just wasn't great. Actually looking forward to the yarn coming in because I don't often order stuff like that online! LOL

Also have a lady at work who wants an infinity scarf, cream colored. I had some RH Super Saver in Aran, and started that last night but it feels so stiff and scratchy. So, one of my missions today is possibly a trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby to check into a softer cream colored yarn. Yay..more yarn shopping! 

I've never posted a picture on one of these forum things, so...gonna try to post the squares that I received from KatyAllen. (fingers crossed)

post-1065-0-64743200-1384616668_thumb.jpg

oh first of all, Happy Birthday Honex!!!!!!!!!!

oh welcome back Mama, good to see your post, h ope all goes well with the new place, and you are all settled in by now!

So many babies to look after, lol i have hands full with 2 cats, and one doggie!!

Howdy! Jump right in, we love to hear from everyone!

Okay I'm tired just reading this! Whew you are one busy gal!

Good morning to ya! and yes TGIF!

And good morning to all! This was a long week! I'm ready for the weekend! Supposed to rain literally the whole weekend which means I might get some stuff done around here! I need to sort and take pix of my craft supplies: I'm putting them on etsy to sell. Some fabric too. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

Otherwise, have a great day all!

kuddles

oh my, you must let us know when you go on etsy, is there yarn in your "craft supplies" as well, he he he...

hi all, hope you are all doing well. I finished one of the small bingo bag/purses.....finally. I just have up get a pic on my computer then i can post it.  its not your typical bingo bag, but its cute

See you all later :hug

Oh, would love to see it Lacey!!

I have turkey, and all the trimmings, dressing, and cranberry and potatoes and gravy, and green bean and or brocooli Cheese casserole, and a salad that is tradition for our family, I call it apple salad, it's a fruity  mix of yummy goodness with some other wonderfully tasty additions!!

Looking forward to it this year, as dd will probably be in new york during Christmas time, on her Honeymoon, so we will make the best of thanksgiving where we are all together!

Sorry it took so long but.... HERE WE GO.....

Thanks so much Viking

10D9EFC6-orig.jpg

wow, long time without eye candy, thanks for breaking that slump, they are just perfect!!

Some beautiful !

I won't be on the board for I won't have Internet till Monday I hope. So I will go crazy at night not being able to get on. But I will love and waiting on everyone to take another load over. I think I. Just about done with my part. YIPPY then heading over to the new place and rest.
See you all on Monday I hope.

ack, we are with you in spirit, lol

Good morning Crochetville!! I am determined to NOT be a veg today, so finishing up some online posting and then off to do some running about since I am here alone today! Hubby has guard, daughter and her husband are working and grandson is at his dad's, so I have an entire day to myself!! (Uh-oh, daughter just came back in from work. She is not feeling well. She'll be in bed though and I have my cell, so if she needs something, she can call, so the day is still ON!)

Waiting on a couple of orders of yarn. People at my work fell in love with the silly sashay scarves I did just to be able to say I had tried them! I don't personally love them...they are tedious and not REALLY crochet. However, I now have orders for about 30 of them!! DUH! Had to order the yarn because the availability here just wasn't great. Actually looking forward to the yarn coming in because I don't often order stuff like that online! LOL

Also have a lady at work who wants an infinity scarf, cream colored. I had some RH Super Saver in Aran, and started that last night but it feels so stiff and scratchy. So, one of my missions today is possibly a trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby to check into a softer cream colored yarn. Yay..more yarn shopping! 

I've never posted a picture on one of these forum things, so...gonna try to post the squares that I received from KatyAllen. (fingers crossed)

Oh hey, you are certainly welcome, and you did right, we always post here, in this thread, as some of us don't much get to the thank you boards too often'

You're welcome, dragnlady! I had so much fun with colors on those. :) 6 inchers really fly by, too!

We just did our dog and cat the other night... We've got an infestation right now. :-/ Even so, neither animal enjoys it (somehow they just don't understand when we tell them it will make the fleas die!) Our tactic is that one of us holds them still while the other doses. The dog keeps trying to flop on her side so the stuff runs right onto the floor, and the cat goes into "NO I AM NOT TAKING THAT BATH!!!!" mode. And we haven't gotten his claws in a month, either. I had to wrap a blanket around his feet and clamp him under my arm!

viking, what brand did you get, i usually get front line?? but it is expensive.

SHEW....   Talk about busy. Yesterday about 3 oclock I went to hang something in the bathroom and there was water everywhere. Our hot water heat busted. YEAH. 

so today we went to take our skills exam.(Emergency medical responders). then off to get a hotwater heater. put it in. As soon as it was done a friend called and he had shot a deer for us. so we went and got it took it to the processor. on the way home from there we got toned out (volunteer fire for those who dont know). house fire fully engulfed by time we got there. Just got home. Hubby still out there. so been up since 6 am it is now midnight and my first chance to relax.......  I think it is bedtime.

Hi ladies!

dragnlady5 - wow! Talk about busy!

Katie.......not sure there will be any yarn in the etsy shop but if I find any I can part with, I'll give you gals first chance. Probably more fabric, beads, ribbon, lots of odds and ends.....now just gotta do it!

I did not sleep last nite. Not. One. Second. So I'll be a tired gal later!

Hope you all have a good day!

kuddles

Good morning

glad to see some more people checking in and letting us know they are fine but busy

it was extremely foggy overnite,the sun is shining.

need to get laundry started,then iron and then finally some hook time,only 10 hats to go to meet my fifty hats for the homeless of Portsmouth ( Bells,whistles and woo hoo's)

Good morning

glad to see some more people checking in and letting us know they are fine but busy

need to get laundry started,then iron and then finally some hook time,only 10 hats to go to meet my fifty hats for the homeless of Portsmouth ( Bells,whistles and woo hoo's)

You are a rock star!

kuddles

I second the Pineknott-is-a-rock-star! I doubt I'll get fifty hats made in my whole LIFE! O_o

viking, what brand did you get, i usually get front line?? but it is expensive.

We have Frontline/Frontline Plus as well... I got our latest batch online and got the six pack so at least the price per dose was less even though it was more up front! Ohhhhh... Hrm. When I was price shopping for this most recent batch, I remember reading somewhere that the stuff not through the vet isn't quite the real stuff and isn't as good.... I decided that was probably wrong because why would the manufacturer make a good version and a crappy version?? It just doesn't make sense to me. And also I've gotten it from Petco before and it worked fine. This batch seems to be doing nothing, though! Grr. Off to do some more research now... >:-(

Anywho, picture time! These arrived from Our Carol on Saturday while we were visiting my parents. Lucious colors!

post-62070-0-76794700-1384742201_thumb.jpg

SHEW....   Talk about busy. Yesterday about 3 oclock I went to hang something in the bathroom and there was water everywhere. Our hot water heat busted. YEAH. 

so today we went to take our skills exam.(Emergency medical responders). then off to get a hotwater heater. put it in. As soon as it was done a friend called and he had shot a deer for us. so we went and got it took it to the processor. on the way home from there we got toned out (volunteer fire for those who dont know). house fire fully engulfed by time we got there. Just got home. Hubby still out there. so been up since 6 am it is now midnight and my first chance to relax.......  I think it is bedtime.

OMG you poor thing, you are exhausted no doubt and then all of that as well, so sorry that happened to you...

Hi ladies!

dragnlady5 - wow! Talk about busy!

Katie.......not sure there will be any yarn in the etsy shop but if I find any I can part with, I'll give you gals first chance. Probably more fabric, beads, ribbon, lots of odds and ends.....now just gotta do it!

I did not sleep last nite. Not. One. Second. So I'll be a tired gal later!

Hope you all have a good day!

kuddles

And you missy need to shut off that little brain at night, and get some much needed zzz''sss. I tell you, i keep the suplement Melatonin on my night stand, it is completely natural, it's a hormone your brain makes, to help you relax and get to sleep, this is just for when your brain isn't making enough, lol I take one, they come in gummies if you like gummies, I like the melt aways, anway, one before bed, bout a half hour. and I fall asleep quicker, deeper and longer.......I don't take them every night, only when I feel i can;s sleep, and they are not a drug or narcotic, adn therefore not habit forming...nature made i think is the brand i get at walmart or walgreens, about 5 mgs per gummie....

Good morning

well Linda, been a couple of hours, got um done yet???????? :lol

I second the Pineknott-is-a-rock-star! I doubt I'll get fifty hats made in my whole LIFE! O_o

We have Frontline/Frontline Plus as well... I got our latest batch online and got the six pack so at least the price per dose was less even though it was more up front! Ohhhhh... Hrm. When I was price shopping for this most recent batch, I remember reading somewhere that the stuff not through the vet isn't quite the real stuff and isn't as good.... I decided that was probably wrong because why would the manufacturer make a good version and a crappy version?? It just doesn't make sense to me. And also I've gotten it from Petco before and it worked fine. This batch seems to be doing nothing, though! Grr. Off to do some more research now... >:-(

Anywho, picture time! These arrived from Our Carol on Saturday while we were visiting my parents. Lucious colors!

Nice job carol!!! Thanks for posting eye candy viking!

Yep, petco is where i went, frontline is supposed to be the best..I usually use it, but once used something else, and yeah, didn't work at all. so back to the frontline now for good..No more trials and errors....it's a three pack for the doggie, which will last 3 months, and next month, Ill buy another three pack for the kitties, and then have a free month with the leftovers, as I only have two cats....so it's not that bad, I guess, so little medicine in that tube though, sheesh!! I can't figure out how to part a short haired cat's fur, there is no way, lol and I have to be fast with max, but will enlist some help this time, with someone holding him, lol I have been for the past couple of weeks, brushing him, and getting him more used to me rubbing between his shoulder blades, and less sensitive to it, cause he never forgets that is how he gets that stinky stuff on, and he hates it, but maybe this time, after all the times, you would think he would know Im not killing him, huh.... lol

Hey guys. I have a huge huge favor to ask of you all. there is a little boy, like 8-10 yrs old, he has been diagnosed with a termial cancer and they dont even give him till christmas. He lives in Kokomo Indiana and we are bombarding the little guy with Christmas cards. so far he has recieved 3000. If any of you would like to send this guy a card let me know and I will give you an address

Archived