Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

glad to hear you are feeling so much better Katy

I am Pinekott, hopefully this good spell will last a while , lol and the bad stuff not come back!!

Hello everyone,

I did most of my Thanksgiving shopping today. Tomorrow I will order pies. I'm working on putting buttons on my grandson's shirt and vest tonight and his Christmas outfit will be finished, then on to granddaughter's outfit. Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

Can't wait to see pics, i bet they will both look so cute in them!!

We are fortuneate to be close to KC.  Jim does a lot of research at the National Archives downtown and there is a  very nice genealogy library in Independence.  You can access the library version of ancestry for free at both places (and any of the Mid-Continent Public libraries in the area.)  You may be able to access it at a library in your area for free.  It doesn't let you do as much as a paid subscription.

We have talked with friends and family that have subscribed to Ancestry and they were happy with it.  They seem to subscribe for awhile, drop it when they don't have time to use it and then subscribe again later.  They send out emails periodically with reduced subscription rates so people wait and join then.  We keep saying we are going to subscribe when we hit a period when we can spend lots of time using it but so far that hasn't happened. 

Well, im about four hours give or take from KC, he he he, but thought i could get more done from the internet, so I don't know, might get a month sub. for ancestry. thanks for the info Brenda!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seen beautiful blocks tonight. Hopefully I can catch up tomorrow night.

I still don't have Internet yet so hopefully by tomorrow night I will .. At daughters using hers for a few minutes.

Move is over and my work is all cut out for me now.

Good Morning Everyone.

Typical Wednesday here. I have just about lost my voice, I have some congestion but don't really feel bad and don't really feel good just kind of yeh. 

Owlvamp, did you receive the puffy I mailed last week?

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning my Squares!

All is well here. I made myself a hat with poms to wear when Kiddles wears hers! I know, I know, pictures....

During the week, we just try to get through each day of work/school, living for the weekend! Same ...

I hope you all have a great day, and that everyone gets well!

kuddles

Hello Everyone!  Sorry for such a long post, but it's because you all are such talkers while I'm away, lol!  I know, I know, I need to spend more time on here to stay up to date, but it just isn't possible lately.  As most of you know, I haven't been feeling my best lately and well, my dear husband had a breakdown 2 weeks ago.  On top of everything going on with me he works a very stressful job and 2 weeks ago it just really hit the fan as they say.  He hasn't been able to return to work since and the doctor doesn't believe he will ever be able to return there.  On top of not working, now he's worrying about us losing our house since there is no money coming in, etc, so yeah, it's been crazy here, lol.  I wasn't going to say anything, but figured you ladies deserved to know why I've been so scarce around here.  I managed to get our queen's squares mailed out this week, so she should have them any day now.  I'm not sure when I'll get more out, but I'll keep trying to make some each month.

Annie,I'll have to let Rene' know there is someone else that has problems with sewing machines

she has tried numerous times to use mine,it jams up and refuses to go,and I have no problem with it.

Oh, it's so good to know I'm not alone, lol!  I've tried so many times over the years, but those darn machines hate me, lol.

we get to go see that little girl in about 3 hours. gonna do some visiting over at her moms (say a prayer) so Charlotte can get accustomed to us before we take her without her mom.  but she has already agreed that we can take her for thanksgiving

Prayers for you and I hope you have wonderful thanksgiving

attention please, some of the following photos contain the color ORANGE. For those of you adversly affected by ORANGE, please now apply filtered glasses, so you can still enjoy.......( iM pushing the rose colored lenses today!!)

Breaking news!! There have been four puffy's spotted at the local PO that will leave omaha today, for at this moment at least, unknown places.......Stay tuned, as I will pass on more info, as it becomes available.......]]

( don't peek now.)attachicon.gif100_3661.jpg

and there is further news, that these culprits, might and in all probability believed to be, at this time, were, and are included in said puffys...Where are they going?? Will they be accepted? Is this just the beginning of some sort of square migration??? stay tuned,for details at a later time! ..

attachicon.gif100_3648.jpg      attachicon.gif100_3658.jpg

attachicon.gif100_3659.jpg      attachicon.gif100_3657.jpg

and so, as we follow this breaking story to the unknown destinations they are purposed for, we will keep you updated of further delvelopments ... Now, back to your normal programming!!!!!!!

Wootie, Woot, Woot!  One of those packages was mine!  Thank you so much Katie for the 2 beautiful squares. Thanks for posting them too, so I don't have too, lol.  They are the lovely ones in the top right hand corner

Hi grannyannie and pineknott and anyone else I missed.

Hi back atcha!

Oh how wonderful!

Thanks Katie! I slept better last nite!

Well still feeling lucky today! So much devastation here in Illinois......and elsewhere! Prayers to all that have been touched by the storm! I hope I can remember this 'lucky' feeling when I'm tempted to complain! Well, I'll still complain but hopefully I won't as much!

I made kiddles the cutest little hat with some beads and poms so I must take a picture and post! I'm making one for me! No, I'm not too old to wear it dang it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

kuddles

Hi Kuddles!  So looking forward to seeing that hat!!!

good morning all

a bit on the chilly side,not complaining,love the cool weather,sun is shining

just fininshed hat # 43

came back to add,our fall foliage is at peak now with  beautiful  deep crimson,and yellows

Awesome!  We had a wonderful foliage season this year too!

Beautiful squares..I'm sure they will cause lots of squeals of delight..

Just found out that Thanksgiving dinner is at my house..I was hoping it would be at my sister in law's house..But she said my house is bigger...I'm like DARN...I'm just worried because my mother in law has MS and she gets tired out really easy...There isn't any place here for her to get quiet/regroup time like at sister in law's..Mother in law lives with them, she has her own little place she can go to when it get too rowdy for her..It'll be good...Missing my eldest daughter and her husband..Watching the horses (not ours) in the field munching...And our 3rd daughter turned 17 yesterday...I ofcourse spent most of the day crying..I always do that on their 17th birthday..Not so much their 18th.. :shrug   

Awww, sorry the holiday isn't going as you would like it, but I hope it turns out wonderful!  Hugs to you also just because.  I don't have any daughters, but I know how much I miss my sons and it aches.

Hello everyone,

I did most of my Thanksgiving shopping today. Tomorrow I will order pies. I'm working on putting buttons on my grandson's shirt and vest tonight and his Christmas outfit will be finished, then on to granddaughter's outfit. Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

Good for you!  We picked up the few things we need today.  We won't be celebrating until the Sat. after and I only have to bring desert, so WOOT to that, lol!  I even picked up a couple Christmas presents today, yeah!  Time to get my hooks and needles flying though and make a lot more presents.  One of these years I'm going to stick to my promise and start making them in Jan! LOL!

Take care all!  See you tomorrow!  (((HUGS)))

anyone who has ever read any of my wish lists,might know I'm an Olympics junkie

I wanted one of those hats from 2010 but they were sold out,hubby brought up the page from the upcoming ones in Sochi

although I adore those earflap hats,couldn't justify spending 85 smackaroos for one.I told him thank you,and we let it drop.

well yesterday I went back,and found my first love.... lapel pins,I collect pins and wear them frequently

one pin I treasure was given to me by Bill's uncle its from the Tokyo games of 1964

Heeeeey, everybodeeeeeee! I did, in fact, get two wonderful squares from grannyannie today! Thank you so much! Two pics attached, because each square really needed its own picture, and the lighting does *not* do justice to the gorgeous purple in the center of one. Really, it looks blue in the picture, but it's actually a lovely warm purple. Sorry to hear that things are rough over there right now. :-/ I hope things turn around for you before too long. :(

I definitely want to see pictures of this beaded pom-ed hat. Heh, I just reminded myself that the other day at dinner Little Viking put his fingers in his mouth and then informed us that they were "bite-ened" little boy, no, a *big* boy. His language skills have taken another jump recently, and his imagination is working to match! From Saturday at my parents': we were playing "airplane" (you know, with me holding him up in the air on my knees), and then it was rockets instead, and he was flying to Mars which was on the toybox, but then there was the moon, right there! And he will get it for me because it is a present! It was a toy moon, and it was a special present for me, because he was the milkman, and I was the milkman too. And we were rockets. Occasionally I post conversations with him on FB and those posts are getting more and more frequent.

post-62070-0-31795200-1385006190_thumb.jpg

post-62070-0-76072600-1385006217_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone!  Just wanted to make a quick check in so you didn't think I forgot about you all, lol.  Same old thing going on around here.  Trying to stay upbeat.

Happy Birthday, Honex99!!!

Thank you very much!

Well good morning chatters!

First of all, Anne honey!!! Hugs to you and your husband and I sure feel your pain! I lost my job of 10 years about 4 years ago and it changed my life! Not all bad, but really not great! You will survive this but know I'm wrapping you with a big hug right now!

Hi to the rest of you.......been a long week at work. Working alone is getting to me but mid December, the replacement 'boss' will be official so in January, I will have a work mate. They will need to be trained, but it is a woman that is internal and I adore her so should be a great thing!

Gotta run, need to take care of my little Kiddles and my littler Lucky!

kuddles

Morning everyone :) I posted earlier that I'd been away a bit, and that I still didn't know who Nov. Queen was but... I went back to the main page of this group and found it. Anyway... just checking in. I received some beautiful squares yesterday and will take a pic a bit later today and share. Hugs take care!

hello all!!

Carol, that is what I am still getting over, third week now, one day voice, next day, not....Good luck, lasts a long time, no matter what you do for it!!!

Good Morning Everyone.

Typical Wednesday here. I have just about lost my voice, I have some congestion but don't really feel bad and don't really feel good just kind of yeh. 

Owlvamp, did you receive the puffy I mailed last week?

Have a great day everyone!

Good to hear you are moved in at least, now starts the fun part. MIss you, and hope you get your internet up and running soon!!

I seen beautiful blocks tonight. Hopefully I can catch up tomorrow night.

I still don't have Internet yet so hopefully by tomorrow night I will .. At daughters using hers for a few minutes.

Move is over and my work is all cut out for me now.

Wow, you are ambitious, lol, You are certainly welcome for the squares, I was so pleased you commented on the green ones, cause they were yours!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!

Good morning to all our squares

hope you have a happy day,today we are getting the rest of our holiday trimmings,cause next Wednesday will probably be a zoo at the stores for last minute shoppers

yes,those green squares are really lovely,they arrived today,thank you Katy

Hi viking!! glad to see your post, lovely squares granny!!

Heeeeey, everybodeeeeeee! I did, in fact, get two wonderful squares from grannyannie today! Thank you so much! Two pics attached, because each square really needed its own picture, and the lighting does *not* do justice to the gorgeous purple in the center of one. Really, it looks blue in the picture, but it's actually a lovely warm purple. Sorry to hear that things are rough over there right now. :-/ I hope things turn around for you before too long. :(

I definitely want to see pictures of this beaded pom-ed hat. Heh, I just reminded myself that the other day at dinner Little Viking put his fingers in his mouth and then informed us that they were "bite-ened" little boy, no, a *big* boy. His language skills have taken another jump recently, and his imagination is working to match! From Saturday at my parents': we were playing "airplane" (you know, with me holding him up in the air on my knees), and then it was rockets instead, and he was flying to Mars which was on the toybox, but then there was the moon, right there! And he will get it for me because it is a present! It was a toy moon, and it was a special present for me, because he was the milkman, and I was the milkman too. And we were rockets. Occasionally I post conversations with him on FB and those posts are getting more and more frequent.

Rockets to the moon, you are so sweet to share your little guy moments!!

Questions... please help:

Hi all, haven't been here in a bit because rl has been hectic, and I haven't been feeling great. All that aside, I've asked a few times now... and hate to sound like a broken record but I haven't seen a reply... who is the current Queen so that I may send her a square? I asked last time I was here, and just read about five pages of posts to catch up from when I was last here and I didn't see any replies. Not much time left in the month so... H E L P....  lol   :)

Q2; When sending a square to someone do you send one or 4? I see pics with groups of four; I just received a packet (my first, and I will share pics later today) but it had three... when I sent my first square out last month I sent one. Is that right or wrong?

The queen is vikingrunnergirl this month, it is always posted on the first post of this thread, you can find more info there as well. Doesn't matter, it's up to you, if you want to send four, 10 or one, we don't have a quanity rule at all, it's whatever you feel like!!

Q3: What's a puffy? lol  it's the manilla envelope we sent our squares in, lol don't worry I had to ask once too!!

Thanks everyone... hope everyone is getting over the flus, viruses, and colds we've all had. Hugs! :yay

Guess what I found waiting patiently in my mailbox today? (poor thing may have been waiting all week, i forgot to check it).... I got a PUFFY ! Yaaayyyyyy ! 

Thank you so much for the beautiful squares Katie ! I love them, they are so soft and pretty and wonderfully perfect :hug Thank you, I wasnt expecting anything to come in. You made my day :hug :hug

Hello Everyone,

Well my not feeling sick sickness has gotten worse. I still feel ok but the cough is worse and everyone kept telling me I sounded like a mouse today when I did manage to get sounds out of my mouth. I've decided to spend tonight and tomorrow sitting on the sofa crocheting and not talking so my voice will get better, it's hard to teach without it.

Grannyannie, I'm keeping you and your hubby in my prayers and sending hugs.

Kuddles, I want to see the hat too.

VikingRunnerGirl, those are beautiful squares.

Have a great evening everyone. 

Hi all, well heard from all four that i sent puffies too, so can rest easy! Glad you all liked them, lol I am glad they have found thier forever homes!!!!!! It was fun making them for you all, it always is!

Got to look tomorrow, or the next day at Michaels for the Warm up AMerica drop box, they are all supposed to have th em, and have to look up again the specs on making rectangles for that project.....

Today it has......sunned, rained, sleeted, and now snow,,,,,,,,this is Nebraska at its finest, lol

I am including the link to the first post for reference in my siggy, for those that are new, there is a lot of info there, that is helpful to our members........

hope everyone is well, and in good spirits, next week is already Thanksgiving!!! My favorite holiday!

Everyone enjoy their friday, and see you maybe later!

Archived