Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe you are pasting the link upside down.   :yes  :lol

Nope crochetville is the only place I have problems getting the picture to come out right. I've done it all ways and still it's upside down.

well hi everyone.....Nice to see all the posts i needed to catch up on them though, lol

Ah...I got my very very first squares today and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!  Thank you so very much KatyAllen8090!  I love your work and your color choices are yummy!! I have an afghan to finish up for my hubby for a raffle at work and once I have that complete, I will start on some squares!! I haven't forgotten!!

Oh, so glad you got the syrenity, I had fun making them!!

Congratulations on a new (impending) grandson, owlvamp! I definitely have kid-friendly prints; I'll cut some out to send your way!

Sorry about your kitty, Honex. A pet's passing is always sad. :(

The colors in the squares shared today are gorgeous! And I have more to add - my first installment, from Our Katie! I see why people like ILTY now; it's so plush feeling. :lol Here's the haul!

oh good, you got them too, im glad, I had the box all stuffed and sealed, and then found the three in red heart, I meant to put in too, lol, so those will be along later, I promise!

Beautiful squares you got!

Thank you VikingRunnerGirl.

Couldn't sleep well back has been bothering me. So I am up for a little while.

Your towel sets are wonderful!! they will love them!

I just finished one of my Hats for the Homeless,I did it in black and blacklight.

I think that hat would brighten anyone's day lol its BRIGHT

ha, wish I could see it, i love brights!!

In other news, downright chilled here today, but good news, Got my electric heating blankee today, and am so glad, I will finally be able to sleep better!!! It's blue, and king sized, and dual controls, love it!    Ill keep warimie tnight for sure!

I think we're going to have chilli tonight, seems like a good night for something along that line!

NOthing much else going on, just happy to have a heating blankee again!! working on not much lately, but will come around again, it always does!!!!! Glad to see you are all alive and most of us in a healthy state, lol take care till later!!

thank you sandra, and congratz, both on the house, and the new baby coming!

Good morning everyone. I will finally be moving next weekend. So I will send katy the new address Thursday night this week okay. We are so excited. We finally got the house.....

CHOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOO .lol

Busy day today. After work I need to go grocery shopping. then At 530 we go on a train ride to watch my son. French lick railways Does a Polar express Train ride every Christmas. My Son is a conductor. :)  Should be fun. Then home to hurry over to the Firebarn and Try to catch part of the meeting plus squeeze in running to take care of my client.

Hope all has a great day

Here is two hand towels with crocheted tops and two scrubbies. Couldn't sleep so I decided to get some gifts out of the way.

Those look great even in an upside down picture. I have some small pieces of fabric that I hope you can use for the baby quilt, PM me your address when you have a chance, I won't be going to the post office until Tuesday at the earliest.

Tomorrow I'm leaving work a little early to drive a van load of teen agers to the other side of Florida, about 4 hours away. They will be competing with teens from other churches in a variety of athletic events. There are 3 other adults going as well as about 20 teens. We will be coming home on Sat. night so if you don't hear from me until Sunday don't worry I haven't fallen off the earth.

Have a great evening, Friday and Saturday!

Hello Squares! It's been chilly and misty here, a few snow flakes here and there, but overall not too bad for Nov. I seem to have picked up the cold that you all have been passing around. Thank you very much, lol. I'm still plugging along on the KAL blanket on Ravelry and it has given me the courage to make a knitted dog sweater for my granddog! And it fits!!! I'm so happy I never thought I'd enjoy knitting, but I do. Of course crocheting is my first love!

Mstabbies, so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

owlvamp, congrats on the future grandson. Hopefully one day you will have a granddaughter. I have it just the opposite, 4 granddaughters and only one grandson. I'll see if I have any kid friendly fabric around and if I do I'll send some your way. Congrats on getting the house too! Wishing you all the best on the move, not one of my favorite things to do, lol. Oh, just saw your towel sets and they are lovely!!!

Honex, so sorry about your kitty. Losing a furbaby is very hard. (((hugs)))

Viking, pretty squares!!!

Kuddles, hope you and Kiddles are felling better.

Katie, glad you got your heated blankie to keep you warm. I think I need one of those. I have so many blankets/afghans on my bed that hubby teases me about not knowing how I can move because they are so heavy, lol.

cshort, have fun on your trek, good luck to the kids and be safe.

Take care everyone and keep on hookin'

most times i'm called the furnace,cause I radiate heat,but when my hands and feet get cold,I will resort to gloves and mil's homemade slippers when going to bed.being cold will wake me up at night,I brought the heating blanket out of storage,its a little too soon to put it on the bed.

I don't think it's ever to soon to have your heating blanket out. Mine usually stays on the bed year round. I stay cold even in the summer.LOL

Thank you all for the nice comments.

cshort hope you have fun and a nice drive.

I had a little catching up with you guys tonight. So all caught reading your post.

Just a quick good morning then must rush off to get ready! I am off today (my work took today as the holiday instead of Monday) but Kiddles has half a day. After I drop her off, I get to go do errands. Alone. By Myself. No Kid. Just Me.

Can you tell I'm excited!?

Have a great day all!

Oh and Owlvamp, hope the move is going well!

kuddles

Yes kuddles we can see how excited you are. We all need alone time every now and then. Off to get ready and get moving this morning. I'm really tired so I'm really pushing myself.

Just a quick good morning then must rush off to get ready! I am off today (my work took today as the holiday instead of Monday) but Kiddles has half a day. After I drop her off, I get to go do errands. Alone. By Myself. No Kid. Just Me.

Can you tell I'm excited!?

Have a great day all!

Oh and Owlvamp, hope the move is going well!

kuddles

enjoy your alone time

Yes kuddles we can see how excited you are. We all need alone time every now and then. Off to get ready and get moving this morning. I'm really tired so I'm really pushing myself.

hopefully at the end of the move,you will be not too tired but happy

I tell people my husband puts out roughly the same amount of heat as a nuclear reactor with a malfunctioning core. :lol Often means that we pile on the blankets at night because it's so cold, but then wake up sweating later on!

most times i'm called the furnace,cause I radiate heat,but when my hands and feet get cold,I will resort to gloves and mil's homemade slippers when going to bed.being cold will wake me up at night,I brought the heating blanket out of storage,its a little too soon to put it on the bed.

HI all, ann good to see your post, viking, I don't like heaviness either, so that is why i prefer just the lectric blankee, and a sheet, so much easier to sleep without a ton of comforter over me too, lol

Kuddles, alone time, not much, but savor it!

Pineknot, well it is cold enough here latey to warrant a heating blanket, it's like it just covers me in warmth and comfort, I slept really well for the last two nights, lol since i put it on!!  

Oh sheesh, got a couple of bins out of the shed finally, it's all I have in it, one tiny corner, lol found some old pics I had misplaced, and looked through those,blast from the past, thought I had found all the pics, and put them all in order and in albums, so guess Ill have some more to do later on next week, just about a half an album though, of my childhood, and stuff, so won't be bad...

and the other bin, was daughter Jen's, fisher price play sets, sheesh!! I got a kick out of them too, we played and played with them when she was little, best things I ever got her, so I called and told her, and she said, "mom, you can't give those away you know!
 which was my plan, lol so I said oh of course not, just tidying them up a bit, blowing off some dust, and then Ill put them in a bin in my closet for you, if you ever want them.........sigh..........

Did some research on them on ebay, they could be worth something to her that way as well, but she won't agree to sell them either, lol

anyways, that is what kept me busy today, oh and I did manage to do one 12 square today, in greens, lol very pretty, I will figure out whom that goes to later! Sometimes I do that, make the squares, then hunt later, for the recipient, do you all ever do that????

We don't have Ollies here, Pineknot, darn it, wish we did now!!

All for now, maybe Ill be back later, back is sorta tired, did a whole village, town, farm, airplane,pool, playground, house, and club house , just to name a few of little people, and their acessories etc, lol     So many tiny little people, stop signs, chairs, etc, one load at a time in the sink...................cleaned now, free of shed smells and ready to dry out, and pop it all back into a couple bins neatly this time, lol        .

They were fun, all those little people, cars, and tractors and bus's and airplanes, I think she had everything they made at the time!

Anyway, trip back in time today I guess, twice, once with the pics, and once with the toys.............

Part of me was sad, part of me was elated to see them again.......such is life, I guess.

Good morning everyone!

Well i was very exhausted after such a big day yesterday. I feel a little better.

Tank went to get his nails clipped yesterday and he did completely awesome. Stood there like he's been that all a long. What a bad boy. But I can't believe how awesome he was. Then took him to the new house and he can till his heart was content in the back yard. He loved it and was tired he zonked out when he got back to the old house. Harlie was the same way. Now she was just a tiny pain till get nails clipped. The vet ran a special this month take in 6 can goods and get a free nail trim. Yeah I was excited they needed them bad.

Then daughter needed a tetanus shot for college because hers was over due. So got that done too. So over all a very busy day yesterday. When husband gets home from work today we will take a few loads to the new house. Just getting all the small stuff and stuff I didn't want to pack up. Plus did want others touching it. I know it will get there safe.

Owlvamp, congrats on the move and the nail clippings! I moved just 1.5 years ago so I know how exhausting it is! But now that part is behind you and you can ENJOY!!!

I got errands run and was able to pick up a few small things for Kiddles for Christmas at Tuesday Morning......went to Joanns but there was nothing I wanted! What?? hee hee  Picked her up from school, did a quick lunch and back home to Lucky. Took him for a nice walk then back home for the rest of the day.

Today will be up to 57 and no rain! I hope we take 3 full walks today! I've got 5 pounds to get back off! You know how 5 can turn into 20 easily and I didn't go through all of what I did to take off 60 pounds to gain any back! So there Pounds!

Well, I better get started on my day! Oh and I did test a square for Knittery in the Square on Ravelry but still need to post a pic....

Hugs!

kuddles

Yeah kuddles it's exhausting but a good move.

It will take me probably all week to get the things I want out before the huge move on next Saturday .

We have a lot guys coming so it should be all done that day and then I will clean the old house and I will be done there and then the unpacking will start. But at least that I can do when I can . It will always be there tomorrow! LoL :)

Then we will start sleeping there.

Here in the old house our back alley and the street behind us is so terrible. There's alway gun shots and the police is usually there a few times a week. We have been very thankful that our street is calm and wonderful and they don't come over here.

Good Evening, ladies! I hope everyone is well. I've been crocheting like a crazy lady this week, and I designed and wrote my second original pattern! It isn't complicated, but I'm so happy to have it written and available for others on Ravelry (for free!)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pams-cowl

That is awesome mandymae. It sure is pretty too!

I am so tired from moving stuff all day. It's looking somewhat better. I really need to down size and going to when I unpack. Don't want to end up on hoarders.LOL

Archived