Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, just joined yesterday as some of you probably read :) just sending out a hello this morning.... I hope I"m doing this right, I message a couple people requesting to send them a square so, hope that's right lol. Anyway, getting ready for morning coffee and to start on my crochet work for the morning. How about some of you? I'm hoping for some sunshine today.  :c9

Good morning and welcome to the newest member!

I don't have much to say this morning....I know strange right? I'm tired with allergies, when will the frost come so I can get a little relief!? But seriously I have them all year so ....

Well, time to start moving so I can get prepped for work...

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome Tabitha!

Usual work day here, a couple errands to run after work and then home to hopefully do some stitching  :sew  :crocheting .

Have a great day!

Morning all. I spent some time last night reparing holes in my oldest sons afghan That I made 2 years ago. This was My first afghan and a true learning tool for me when it comes to crocheting. As I sat last night fixing holes I told me husband looking at this afghan and things I have made since I was really resisting the urge to frog the ENTIRE afghan and Start all over on it because it looks so awful. lol

Hi Everyone! Just a quick flyby, but wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you.  Welcome to Tabitha!  Can't believe this month is almost over already and we'll soon have a new queen. I need to get my square making mojo back.  I don't think I've made any in a couple weeks, that just won't do! :lol Nighty night all! See you tomorrow (I hope)

hi everyone...

Boy certainly a chill in the air today, and for the rest of the week, I think, gonna have to dig out my sweaters,,,(groans, oh that closet) lol

Dragnlady, i hear ya, I don't have any of the early afghans i made for people and relatives, but if i did, i would be tempted as well, as so much practice certainly has taught me much over the years.....It is the love in it, that you put  there, that matters!

Hi Ann, you sound perky today!!

Kuddles, alergies, yuk, i hate um......

hi to all,and hoping to get that heavy puffy bed comforter done tomorrow at the laundry place, so keeping fingers crossed, lol I have the summerish one still on, but have two other blankies on, as my electric blanket quit last fall, lol

what else, got some puffys ready for the mail, but will wait another day or few to get those mailed, might go friday, have to see what the ole schedule holds...

Had some delish peanut butter filled pretzle bites, dipped in something I got in the deli, it's a whip, or dip, for apples, and scrummy good, caramel, and nuts in a creamy white well, cream.....so dipped them in that, and yumscious!! Full now, winding down, been on the phone a good part of the day, sis is in hosp. with possible gall bladder surgery looming, so been busy with keeping her calmed down,and phone calls to relatives....wishing all the best for the rest of this day,and bubbling through to tomorrow as well!!!!! have a good one....

I still have my very first attempt of a blanket,well before I knew there was a difference in yarns,so I have a blanket mix of felted squares and some scattered around it that are not.No one will let me get rid of it,its been around since  '71

I still have my very first attempt of a blanket,well before I knew there was a difference in yarns,so I have a blanket mix of felted squares and some scattered around it that are not.No one will let me get rid of it,its been around since  '71

I wouldn't let you get rid of it either. It shows you how much you have learned sense then.

I still have my first one sense 86.

Good night all!

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was awesome with the boys we all got up and went to church and then came home and I made them hotdogs and Mac & cheese. Along with some chocolate chip cookies. Then we walked up about 4 blocks to this church that was throwing a Halloween gathering. People decorated there trunks and had games and chips, hot dogs and pop. They had a blast doing that. Oldest got his hair colored green and the other his face painted. Then I had to take them back. Not happy campers at all. It time to do something about it. Today I will call someone and see what can be done.

You go girl!!

Hi everyone, just joined yesterday as some of you probably read :) just sending out a hello this morning.... I hope I"m doing this right, I message a couple people requesting to send them a square so, hope that's right lol. Anyway, getting ready for morning coffee and to start on my crochet work for the morning. How about some of you? I'm hoping for some sunshine today.  :c9

Welcome!!  Have fun!  This is a really good group.

Good morning everyone. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

I just need to get some laundry done again today. Accomplished a little bit yesterday .

Mornin'.......Kiddles and I have colds! Yes you heard it right! Last nite, we both felt so stuffy, this morning better but still there. Oh well, tis the start of the season!

My good news is that her school district agreed that Kiddles needs comprehensive testing for special education. Her math and reading scores were below average and her speech issues (expressive language disorder) isn't improving that much so it affects her learning ability. I wrote a letter to the special ed director asking for full testing and they agreed it was warranted. I'm very pleased to get this done to see where she sits with her learning so they can give her the accommodations she needs. I'll keep you posted....but this is a good thing!

Gotta get going, having trouble moving today since I don't feel great.

Have a super day!

kuddles

I hope you and kiddles feel better really soon.

I also hope kiddles gets all the help she needs. There's so much out there and at least you are doing what's best for her.

I hope all goes well with that .

Have a good day at work and hope you find some energy even though not feeling to well.

well I'm late with my greeting,so good afternoon,glad to see you jump right in Tabbies,yes you did it right

Thanks so much for your kind words!

kuddles

I hope you and kiddles feel better really soon.

I also hope kiddles gets all the help she needs. There's so much out there and at least you are doing what's best for her.
I hope all goes well with that .

Have a good day at work and hope you find some energy even though not feeling to well.

Hey ya sandra, getting better every day!!! I sent Handymandan to the laundromat to do "the comforter" from hec!!!   Im serious, it's one of those plumped and sewn pillow ones, and very large and heavy, times 5, when wet, I would nt have been able to lift it into the dryer, so sent him. It took over an hour in the big dryer to dry fully, but washed beautifully!! i won't do this again, lol when it is time to change again to the lighter one, I will probably give this one away!!! or dry clean it,lol waiting for my sheets to dry now, and then I will re make my bed, with the warmie on it!!

Gosh, that is neat, so much we have learned huh!

Good Morning!

Hi ya Carol, how you doing lady!!!!! working hard, or how does that go, hardly working, lol??

Good morning everyone. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

I just need to get some laundry done again today. Accomplished a little bit yesterday .

I think i already commented on that, lol

Mornin'.......Kiddles and I have colds! Yes you heard it right! Last nite, we both felt so stuffy, this morning better but still there. Oh well, tis the start of the season!

My good news is that her school district agreed that Kiddles needs comprehensive testing for special education. Her math and reading scores were below average and her speech issues (expressive language disorder) isn't improving that much so it affects her learning ability. I wrote a letter to the special ed director asking for full testing and they agreed it was warranted. I'm very pleased to get this done to see where she sits with her learning so they can give her the accommodations she needs. I'll keep you posted....but this is a good thing!

Gotta get going, having trouble moving today since I don't feel great.

Have a super day!

kuddles

well,that is good news, n ot the part that you both have a cold, lol I meant the testing!! Let us know, and please feel better, both of you, soon!

Welcome aboard, Tabitha! I really have to review the first post again and catch up on where everybody is. :D

Those pretzels with that dip sound delicious... Glad we just ate dinner so I'm not hungry anymore! :lol

I think I might have to stay off facebook until after Halloween. Everybody's happy decorating/celebrating posts are just reminding me that I didn't get any decorating done for tomorrow because I put off doing Little Viking's costume and now I'm doing most all the sewing tonight. We didn't even do a jack o'lantern this year. We have a three year old, and we didn't even carve a g-d- jack o'lantern. I'd been feeling so much better about keeping on top of things, too.  :sigh 

Well, break's over now. Back to the sewing machine.  :bang :sew 

Archived