Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone!

Hope today goes good for you all.

I go to the doctors with daughter today and hopefully will know the sex of the baby. Hopefully the baby is in the right position. So we will see.

Then taking my other daughter after school to make sure contacts are still doing good. She really likes the contacts.

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been lurking lately.  One of my cats died on Friday and I just don't feel like doing anything.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss  :hug

Good morning!

First hugs to Honex99 on your loss!

Second, kiddles is pretty much over her cold! I ended up being better yesterday so am on the mend.....just a lingering cough but that is how I roll......

I'm not ready for it to be Monday already!

Last nite I did an angel square, a free pattern by Kim Guzman and it came out nice! I used an off white yarn with a gold thread through it. My niece is named Angel so she will get it for Christmas most likely as a mug rug.

Gotta go. Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Glad to hear you are both on the mend.

Thank you mstabbies I received the block you sent today and I love it along with the art piece. It is beautiful!! I love it all. Thank you so much. Even the envelope was drawn on ill show the back of it. I didn't take a picture of the front for it had the address but here is the block, art work and back envelope.

Lovely block and art work.

attachicon.gif20131104_143017.jpgattachicon.gif20131104_143017.jpg

Well, my very first puffy arrived today! Hubby came back from the mailbox... "What ya get? What ya get? What ya get?" I got 2 beautiful 12" squares from katyallen!!!!! The first thing I did was prop them up on the couch to take a pic to share here.  Aren't they wonderful??    :ty   :ty

***Sorry! Accidentally added the pic twice!""***

Very pretty squares.

Good morning everyone!

Hope today goes good for you all.
I go to the doctors with daughter today and hopefully will know the sex of the baby. Hopefully the baby is in the right position. So we will see.

Then taking my other daughter after school to make sure contacts are still doing good. She really likes the contacts.

Sounds like you have a busy and exciting day planned.

I feel pretty good this morning, I slept better last night than I have in the past few nights. It's the usual day for me, work, errands, house cleaning and then I hope to do some sewing.

Have a great day everyone.

Yaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Kiddles got me up at 4:45 with a bloody nose (she gets quite a few) but that's okay cause Lucky barked in his crate at 2 am and woke me so I was already awake! LOL  I have tons of fun at my place!

Driving to the state office today with my supervisor to drop off files, etc. Wonder what we will talk about on the drive? Should be interesting!

Gonna rain starting this afternoon.......hoping it holds off for our daily after work/school walk!

That's it for now! Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning. Hope all is well Today. Kinda rainy here today. Got to leave for work in about an hour.

Hubby got me started on a game last night called my singing monsters lol it is an android and Iphone app. you get buy buy and breed different monsters feed them build your own little monster town. And yes they do sing.

Hi everyone checking in. Finally feeling better but  a dear online friend of mine passed away, and I just got the news yesterday so I've been busy with our group of friends trying to get the word out, etc... and crying and being sad... so. Anywho thanks for explaining to those of you who did about the Queen. I will have to see what she likes and make her a square :) Hugs, talk soon.

Owl... I'm glad you got your square and liked everything. That made my day. I was just reading the post on who the queen was and lost it, now I'll never know. I'm having a hard time viewing new messages here... when I click on view all notifications at the top it keeps taking me back to my last post. 

Owl... I'm glad you got your square and liked everything. That made my day. I was just reading the post on who the queen was and lost it, now I'll never know. I'm having a hard time viewing new messages here... when I click on view all notifications at the top it keeps taking me back to my last post. 

Mstabbies. if you go to your name at the top of screen you get a drop down box. one option is content I follow. click it and every thread you have commented on will be there. and then u can click on the last page number. Vikingrunner is our newest queen for this month.

howdy all,,

It;s chilly, well cold almost,rainiy and just dreary out, has been all day....I did get some things done though that I wanted to get done, so it all worked out...

so sorry about your loss msTabbies, and hoping Honex is feeling better today mentally, as well as viking, and kuddles physically as well..... Ann how are you, and pineknott, hang in there,

gotta run got popcorn in the microwave!!!!! take care all, till tomorrow.

Hi everyone checking in. Finally feeling better but  a dear online friend of mine passed away, and I just got the news yesterday so I've been busy with our group of friends trying to get the word out, etc... and crying and being sad... so. Anywho thanks for explaining to those of you who did about the Queen. I will have to see what she likes and make her a square :) Hugs, talk soon.

I'm so sorry about your friend. Sending hugs your way.

Ah...I got my very very first squares today and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!  Thank you so very much KatyAllen8090!  I love your work and your color choices are yummy!! I have an afghan to finish up for my hubby for a raffle at work and once I have that complete, I will start on some squares!! I haven't forgotten!!

Daughter is having a boy! They are so excited. I have three grandsons and now this will make four. I need a little girl someday! As long as the baby is healthy that's what counts. Now I just need to finish the baby afghan I start for him. I'm so excited because there is lots I want to so.

I also quilt so will make a I Spy quilt for him. If anyone sews and has different children's prints in 5 inch squares I could make one from us all. If not it's okay.

Good morning everyone. I will finally be moving next weekend. So I will send katy the new address Thursday night this week okay. We are so excited. We finally got the house.....

So much news! Good morning!

First sorry for your loss Mstabbies.......I understand. My best friend is an online friend I've never met.....but I love her dearly!

Congrats owlvamp! A boy! Woot!

Hope everyone is feeling okay, is warm and safe and feeling loved today!

kuddles

Just a quick hello.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Mstabbies I am sorry for your loss, sending hugs.

Owlvamp I will look through my fabric scrap tub, I'm sure I have some children's fabric.

Have a great day!

Congratulations on a new (impending) grandson, owlvamp! I definitely have kid-friendly prints; I'll cut some out to send your way!

Sorry about your kitty, Honex. A pet's passing is always sad. :(

The colors in the squares shared today are gorgeous! And I have more to add - my first installment, from Our Katie! I see why people like ILTY now; it's so plush feeling. :lol Here's the haul!

post-62070-0-13010800-1383780590_thumb.jpg

Beautiful squares you got!

Thank you VikingRunnerGirl.

Couldn't sleep well back has been bothering me. So I am up for a little while.

Congratulations on a new (impending) grandson, owlvamp! I definitely have kid-friendly prints; I'll cut some out to send your way!

Sorry about your kitty, Honex. A pet's passing is always sad. :(

The colors in the squares shared today are gorgeous! And I have more to add - my first installment, from Our Katie! I see why people like ILTY now; it's so plush feeling. :lol Here's the haul!

Those are beautiful squares.

Hello everyone! Not much going on here. Have a great day!

Morning owlvamp! I was up early too. Wide awake at 4 am so got the dog and quietly got up but kiddles heard me so we've all been up! Oh well!

Parent/teacher mtg yesterday......kiddles is doing pretty well but the teacher did note the things I'm concerned with with her speech issues. The speech person keeps trying to poo poo it, saying she socially has come so far, yadda yadda, but not speaking directly to her issues. Very frustrating! Glad we are getting a full new speech eval!

Today is my Friday. My  work is taking Friday off as the holiday instead of Monday and Kiddles goes half day. So I get a few hours where I can do some shopping that has been put off!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Busy day today. After work I need to go grocery shopping. then At 530 we go on a train ride to watch my son. French lick railways Does a Polar express Train ride every Christmas. My Son is a conductor. :)  Should be fun. Then home to hurry over to the Firebarn and Try to catch part of the meeting plus squeeze in running to take care of my client.

Hope all has a great day

Archived