Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After daughter gets home from school we will travel to go see the boys and trick or treat with then and then they will come home with me. They have teachers work day tomorrow so no school. Yeah an extra day with them.

Good morning everyone!

It's going to be a long day. Work and then to church to help set up things for tonight and I'll probably be there until at least 10 but it'll be fun. We have a storybook parade at work and then our fall celebration in the afternoon. 

Have a great day everyone.

Morning.......was awake all nite, when I'm sick, I can't sleep. Sigh....

Katie, thanks honey........today the school rep is calling me to let me know timeframes etc for the testing. I'm confident I'll know the results which won't be 'good' but it will be good to find out and help her! As you know, Kiddles is my world!

Owlvamp - good for you! Enjoy them!

Cshort - morning! Sounds like fun today!

Everyone else - hi! Hope everyone is doing well.......and has a great holiday!

kuddles

Waves.... morning everyone  :manyheart 

Got my first granny done to send out this weekend.... just checking in saying hello. Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's cold and cloudy here but still a nice fall day :)

Hugs.... Tabitha

Such a fitting day for a creepy holiday. Rain windy servers storms later and chance if tornadoes.

To my loyal square. The time has come that I must step aside and pass my crown on to the next deserving royal Queen in the making. I have sent the crown out for a good cleaning and it should be returned in time to pass it on.

With that said... it is with a heavy heart and a lot of whinning that I step down and resign from my Queenly duties.

To the new Queen I wish u the best.

With that finished as of today I have received a gracious 39 squares this month with a few more in the mail. I will have my Afghan finished by next week.

I want to see a picture of the flamingo skeleton yard snake......  Sounds very intresting.

We didnt decorate either. we knew the storms were coming and it was gonna rain for 3 days so we didnt bother. Trick or treat was moved to Friday so me and hubby will not be able to participate because we have class and a big 6 chapter test.....

yay, fun night for you all!!

After daughter gets home from school we will travel to go see the boys and trick or treat with then and then they will come home with me. They have teachers work day tomorrow so no school. Yeah an extra day with them.

Sounds like Ms. Carol teaches elementary grades, yes??? they are so fun aren't they, I room mothered all through elementary school for my daughter, and was a reading tutor too for her classmates.....tons of fun they are!

Good morning everyone!

It's going to be a long day. Work and then to church to help set up things for tonight and I'll probably be there until at least 10 but it'll be fun. We have a storybook parade at work and then our fall celebration in the afternoon. 

Have a great day everyone.

Morning.......was awake all nite, when I'm sick, I can't sleep. Sigh....

Katie, thanks honey........today the school rep is calling me to let me know timeframes etc for the testing. I'm confident I'll know the results which won't be 'good' but it will be good to find out and help her! As you know, Kiddles is my world!

Owlvamp - good for you! Enjoy them!

Cshort - morning! Sounds like fun today!

Everyone else - hi! Hope everyone is doing well.......and has a great holiday!

kuddles

Poor baby, no sleep and being sick should about kick you down all day, don't know how you go on like  you do sometimes, best of the best to you and kiddles and have a happy halloween, as I know she is NOT postponing that on account of a cold, lol

Waves.... morning everyone  :manyheart 

Got my first granny done to send out this weekend.... just checking in saying hello. Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's cold and cloudy here but still a nice fall day :)

Hugs.... Tabitha

Oooh, exciting, can't wait to see a pic from the reciever hint hint, lol your first granny for one of our members, can't wait!!

good morning everyone

the sun is trying to peek out,its supposed to be 78 degrees here today,hey what happened to my nice Fall temps?

cloudy, but warmish today, supposed to be cloudy skies, but i think that's from all the ghosts and witches in the air tonight!! he he he

Such a fitting day for a creepy holiday. Rain windy servers storms later and chance if tornadoes.

To my loyal square. The time has come that I must step aside and pass my crown on to the next deserving royal Queen in the making. I have sent the crown out for a good cleaning and it should be returned in time to pass it on.
With that said... it is with a heavy heart and a lot of whinning that I step down and resign from my Queenly duties.
To the new Queen I wish u the best.

With that finished as of today I have received a gracious 39 squares this month with a few more in the mail. I will have my Afghan finished by next week.

and you, our exiting queen, what a nice speech, clap clap clap, brought a tear to me eye it did lass!!!!

the new queen, is being presented at the stroke of midnight tonitght!! My time, central....if i make it, and remember it, otherwise, tomorrow, lol Got the crown back, it is all prettied up!! I know she will be a great queen, as Dragnlady was as well, 39 plus a few, is a good amount, congratz!!! and thank you Dear Queen of Oct, for being such a gracious queen!!

Hurrah for Dragnlady! Can't wait to see pictures of the 'ghan. :)

Well, my sole outdoor decorations may be a small jack o'lantern on the door and a flamingo skeleton yard snake, there may still be raw edges on the costume, but darn it if he doesn't look adorable in it!

well yes, he certanily does look adorable! and what  a talented mom he has, great job!!!!!!

I want to see a picture of the flamingo skeleton yard snake......  Sounds very intresting.

We didnt decorate either. we knew the storms were coming and it was gonna rain for 3 days so we didnt bother. Trick or treat was moved to Friday so me and hubby will not be able to participate because we have class and a big 6 chapter test.....

bummer for the kids, but waiting one day is not bad, we waited a week one fall, cause of an ice storm........Nebraska,gotta love it, lol we have two seasons here, winter, and road work............

What is everyone's plan for today?

well lets see, making chicken for dinner, maybe a couple dear friends and a couple kids will visit, have some warm coco, or apple cider, and I made a punpkin cake and nachos and dip for any drop in friends to munch on. Other than that, not much, lol been a long month this month,and now tomorrow, NOVEMBER comes into the picture, she is somwhat finicky around here, she doesn't really know most of the time wheather it is better to snow, flurry, rain, hail, sleet, thunder, or blow most days.....sooooo sometimes, she does um all for us!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone try the pumpkin spice latte, I think at Starbucks???

I don't much drink coffee at all, but when and if I do, it's got lots of other goodies in it, lol like flavors, and cream, and stuff that disquises the coffee taste, lol    

well, so sorry for this long post, but if i don't quote whom i want to comment on, i forget,,,,,short term memory thing. .

so sorry for this long post but if I don't quote whom i want to comment on, I forget......short term memory thing...oooopssssss see! Ha ha ha. . :jack  :skeleton

Well Katie, I ended up home early so forced myself to watch a movie which Lucky loved so he could keep getting on my lap. Now to get Kiddles. It is pouring here and she is happy to have me take her to Walgreens and buy her some candy then McDs drive through for dinner. Ahhh, so glad she'll be happy with that!

I hope to sleep tonite, that should help at least!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

I'm back from getting the boys. They had fun trick or treating and said it was the best because I came. It was nice. Had a little mashed potatoes and gravy for supper and the rest had Taco Bell.

ooooh, boo!!! :jack

Hope all had a pleasant halloween, and don't eat too much of your kid's candy, lol

ok, I won't make it till midnight, Im fading fast, lol sooooo

I am going to announce our new Queenie, for the month of November!!

For those of you that are new to the thread, we randomly chose a winner (queen) each month, and those of us that can, shower her with her preferences in squares the whole month long!!!!!

We pass on a crown, from the previous queen, all in fun, and she reigns for the entire month, and hopefully gets enough squares from us, to finish that ghan!!!!!! Don't worry, you can still send to others, lol this is just a special monthly square celebration!

Ok, business aside, time for the announcement for Queen of the Biggest Squares for the month of November! .....

FIrst let me say, she has been with us on this thread for quite a while, and is well deserving of the honor, as all our queens previously have been!!

She will accept, starting tomorrow of course, any size, any color and any pattern squares, so that makes is super easy for all of us participating.......Don't forget newbies, to pm for her addy, if you decide to send our Biggest Square Queen, some squares....

Without further ado, and with great pleasure, might I present to you, Ms. Lauren, the crown, for the Biggest Square's Queen of November, Vikingrunnergirl!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Your Majesty!

(I jumped the gun a couple of hours, ha ha, but we will probably hear from our queen tomorrow, as she graciously accepts her crown!)     

I can't wait to send her some squares, and open pledging with at least sending her 6, at least! Don't know what size, either 4 or 6, or a mixture of sizes and colors!!! Hope you enjoy your reign Queen Vikingrunnergirl!!!!! Commence the square making ye kingdom of square makers.........lol

everyone enjoy your friday, and Ill see you back here tomorrow!!!!!

Happy Friday! :yay 

Yesterday was a veeerrrry long day but well worth the lack of sleep for the fun and lives that were touched through our church event.

Hurrah for Dragnlady! Can't wait to see pictures of the 'ghan. :)

Well, my sole outdoor decorations may be a small jack o'lantern on the door and a flamingo skeleton yard snake, there may still be raw edges on the costume, but darn it if he doesn't look adorable in it!

Your little guy looks adorable! Congratulations on being our new Queen! I will pledge at least 2 squares.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone!

What you all doing today?

I'm going to take the boys to get there glasses fixed.

Mom had two days off and still not fixed. So,off we will go to get that done in a little while.

We just fed the dogs and watered them. Cleaned the area that needed cleaned and put some blankets in the wash. I'm wore out already. My entire back has been killing me for a few days now. I go to the doctors next week.

Have some homework again with the oldest so we will get it done and then do something.

Congratulations to our new queen!

oooh, queenie has pledges already, that is nice!!!!!! So sorry to hear ms kuddles is still not feeling up to par, this too shall pass, even though it doesn't seem like it right now, continued wishes for your good health to return.....Do you get flu shots, I have the past few years, and it does seem to help with the littler stuff too, just curious what you all think of them??

Out to the store today, catch a few things on sale, stock up for the season!!  later>

Archived