Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Morning!

I am still sick but just a titch better this morning.....this cold is kicking my uh....yarn!

I plan to lay low again today. I did work on a square last nite just to keep crocheting. Lately I've lost a bit of crochet mojo so need to go out and find it! I'm sure it is because I'm sick.....

Hugs

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, all! We're staying home on the couch all day. It's supposed to be our church's 150th anniversary luncheon and I did get tickets, but we're all miserable so yeah. :-/

Thanks for clearing up my squares, Katie, I did word that ambiguously the first time, didn't I? Yep, I'd like green and/or blue in each square, but after that, whatever - any size, any ww yarn, any other colors if you like, any shape - well, we are the Squares Kingdom, I suppose! :lol

Though really, would anybody be interested in other shapes? Just on my mind since I just picked up a motifs book that has lots of squares but doesn't *stick* to squares.

It's amazing the things you can crave when you're sick. I'd kill for some caramel popcorn right now. The kind you get in those tins at Christmas with the cheese and butter flavor sections as well. I sadly do have to go to the grocery store this morning as I'm out of pads, forgot to stock up in advance, and I don't know if they'll have those tins yet (though the local babies r us did as of a week ago!!) but they do have Popcorners chips in caramel flavor. I think I'll get about a million bags.

wonder where our angelroselite, mandymae, and some of the others that used to post often are these days???? Lurking, Im sure,,,,,,spying on the new queen, Im sure, making plans to overthrow, uh oh, troubling times in the kingdom?? Nah, probably life is just gotten a bit busy, and we'll hear from them all SOON, he he he......         

I'm here! I just don't get on my computer much anymore, mainly because when I'm home, I'm working on a project that someone ordered! All is well on my end, though! Babysitting my friend's adorable 1 year old son this afternoon--he's such a sweetie, I think it'll be a fun day for us both :)

Well Ladies and Gents....  Orleans band Regiment Scored tenth Place at state. Granted at State tenth is Last but the fight to get there. we are tenth in the State out of 120 class D Schools.

Still needing Vikings address.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Katy there is a huge tree behind the apartments of a lady i take care of. I will get a picture tomorrow. I love this tree it is Gorgeous

Good morning all,get well wishes to all who need them

mstabbies,hope it was a good fishing day

its a beautiful sunny day here,must have been a mild frost because we still have roses blooming,4 really pretty coral ones.

m not doing much, this is my weekend of doing only what I want to do, and nothing I don't want to do, to regain a little of my sanity lately... lol Stay in, stay warm, as it is windy out, and chilly, and eat whatever trips my trigger, however right now, I want CHEESE popcorn in that tin tub, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

Gods morning everyone!
Hope Sunday is an awesome day for all.

What you all going to be doing?

Carol, you are busy as always girl!!!

Good Morning!

Today is Sunday school, its my turn to teach, then church service, out to lunch, bring the grands home for the afternoon and then back to evening church, typical Sunday here. I worked on my shawl for a while last night, I really like how it is coming along.

I checked my yarn for squares for our Queen and oh the horror :eek .....I will have to go shopping for blue and green yarn :lol

Have a great day everyone!

Sheesh, maybe time to check in with a doc if you don't feel better very soon dear..... poor baby! And certainly don't worry about your mojo, it will come back, mine comes and goes several times a year....if it weren't for making our member squares, I wouldn't probbly be crocheting at all my self lately!

Morning!

I am still sick but just a titch better this morning.....this cold is kicking my uh....yarn!

I plan to lay low again today. I did work on a square last nite just to keep crocheting. Lately I've lost a bit of crochet mojo so need to go out and find it! I'm sure it is because I'm sick.....

Hugs

kuddles

You cracked me up, made me laugh, a million bags, lol too cute, and now I am getting a million bags of Cheese POPCORN, so thanks for that Lauren!! I had thought about hex's, for different shapes, or triangles, but haven't done any experiementing yet, so, might be fun to try my hand at that too.

Morning, all! We're staying home on the couch all day. It's supposed to be our church's 150th anniversary luncheon and I did get tickets, but we're all miserable so yeah. :-/

Thanks for clearing up my squares, Katie, I did word that ambiguously the first time, didn't I? Yep, I'd like green and/or blue in each square, but after that, whatever - any size, any ww yarn, any other colors if you like, any shape - well, we are the Squares Kingdom, I suppose! :lol

Though really, would anybody be interested in other shapes? Just on my mind since I just picked up a motifs book that has lots of squares but doesn't *stick* to squares.

It's amazing the things you can crave when you're sick. I'd kill for some caramel popcorn right now. The kind you get in those tins at Christmas with the cheese and butter flavor sections as well. I sadly do have to go to the grocery store this morning as I'm out of pads, forgot to stock up in advance, and I don't know if they'll have those tins yet (though the local babies r us did as of a week ago!!) but they do have Popcorners chips in caramel flavor. I think I'll get about a million bags.

There you are, busy girl, as usual, we missed you, lol Have fun with the little one, and visit us again soon!

I'm here! I just don't get on my computer much anymore, mainly because when I'm home, I'm working on a project that someone ordered! All is well on my end, though! Babysitting my friend's adorable 1 year old son this afternoon--he's such a sweetie, I think it'll be a fun day for us both :)

ohyes, it's dragnlady with the band, i remember it well...

Well Ladies and Gents....  Orleans band Regiment Scored tenth Place at state. Granted at State tenth is Last but the fight to get there. we are tenth in the State out of 120 class D Schools.

Still needing Vikings address.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Katy there is a huge tree behind the apartments of a lady i take care of. I will get a picture tomorrow. I love this tree it is Gorgeous

ok, sun isn't out today, but tomorrow, I will try pics!

Good morning all,get well wishes to all who need them

mstabbies,hope it was a good fishing day

its a beautiful sunny day here,must have been a mild frost because we still have roses blooming,4 really pretty coral ones

Roses, they smell as sweet as they sound

I hope everyone that if feeling down feels better soon.it stinks to be sick....

so far, so good, how bout you, feeling more  like your old self??

Gonna go and boil some eggs, for egg salad sandwichs later, so see ya all later.....take care, get better, have fun, relax, and hook to your hearts content! The brunch bunch,including me  and handydanman, likes egg salad, on toasted english muffins, sprinkled with bacon crumbs, and paprika,,,,,umm good............

There you are, busy girl, as usual, we missed you, lol Have fun with the little one, and visit us again soon!

We had fun for about an hour...and then the inconsolable crying and screaming started. He was tired (too short of a nap before I came over) so that was the main reason for him being so upset. I eventually started playing classical music on Pandora and rocking him in a rolling high-chair. He slept for a few minutes until his mom walked in the door.

Monday monday is tomorrow, well, about 2 plus hours away i mean...It was chilly here today, and so windy, leaves all over the yard now, thanks to that wind.....

at a standstill with chosing my next project, I took my last donation over to the Omaha Homeless shelter's truck that is in the area first Sat of every month, and there went any remaining hats, and scarves, and such, and did Project linus thing, a couple days before that, so nothing much left in the charity boxes... I could work on more for next month, the gal at the drop off shop for Project Linus, always takes them out of the bag I bring them in, and ooooohs and ahssss over each one holding it up.....lol she is such a nice lady, I think it is her quilting shop...I had seven this time!

Then hung around here, took a break from everything this weekend, and feel better, more energetic, and focused!!

Everyone needs a mental health day or weekend or week every now and then!!!!!

Heard from an old friend from the thread, when I first joined, and maybe she will rejoin with us sometime soon, was nice to hear from her! Funny thing, I had just been thinking about her this evening, as i trasfered some names and stuff to a new notebook to keep all info handy for this thread, and there she was, wow, and then I get a pm, neato huh, telepathic brain waves communication maybe!!

it was kind of cool to see all the names of all the people that have come, and gone, and those of you that have been here since i joined!! Veterans so to speak of this thread!!!!!! and sad too, as some I have never heard again from, but so many names, must have sent out a million squares over these past few years!!

ok, well, that was a surprize, pleasant one, so will end on that note, you all have a great Monday, hopefully Kuddles and Kiddles have recovered from thier sickness, and Viking and family as well.......stay well all, see ya later!       

We had fun for about an hour...and then the inconsolable crying and screaming started. He was tired (too short of a nap before I came over) so that was the main reason for him being so upset. I eventually started playing classical music on Pandora and rocking him in a rolling high-chair. He slept for a few minutes until his mom walked in the door.

ah, little ones are so unpredictable sometimes, poor little guy!

Good morning!

First hugs to Honex99 on your loss!

Second, kiddles is pretty much over her cold! I ended up being better yesterday so am on the mend.....just a lingering cough but that is how I roll......

I'm not ready for it to be Monday already!

Last nite I did an angel square, a free pattern by Kim Guzman and it came out nice! I used an off white yarn with a gold thread through it. My niece is named Angel so she will get it for Christmas most likely as a mug rug.

Gotta go. Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

I'm so sorry Honex . Sending hugs your way. I know how you ! I hope you feel better soon.

Glad to hear Kuddles and kiddles are feeling better. Way to go.

Your angel square sounds really pretty. Hope you took a picture so we can see.

Good morning everyone!

Thank you mstabbies I received the block you sent today and I love it along with the art piece. It is beautiful!! I love it all. Thank you so much. Even the envelope was drawn on ill show the back of it. I didn't take a picture of the front for it had the address but here is the block, art work and back envelope.

post-48736-0-06252000-1383594213_thumb.jpg

oooh, glad to hear kiddles and kuddles are better too, how is vikingrunnergirl, getting over it as well, i hope!!

So very sorry Honex about the kitty, we with pets, have ALL been through a loss or two, or three, and funny thing, it never gets easier, so sorry.....

I have been lurking lately.  One of my cats died on Friday and I just don't feel like doing anything.

Ohh lovely square, and nice art work as well, my dd alwys does her up pretty too, it's the artist in her, lol

Thank you mstabbies I received the block you sent today and I love it along with the art piece. It is beautiful!! I love it all. Thank you so much. Even the envelope was drawn on ill show the back of it. I didn't take a picture of the front for it had the address but here is the block, art work and back envelope.

I wanna see the angel square too kuddles...pweety pwease!     

post-68809-0-85477300-1383598481_thumb.jpgpost-68809-0-85477300-1383598481_thumb.jpg

.............. I woulda thunk by now, a puffy would've arrived, but, soon Ill bet!!

Well, my very first puffy arrived today! Hubby came back from the mailbox... "What ya get? What ya get? What ya get?" I got 2 beautiful 12" squares from katyallen!!!!! The first thing I did was prop them up on the couch to take a pic to share here.  Aren't they wonderful??    :ty   :ty

***Sorry! Accidentally added the pic twice!""***

I have been lurking lately. One of my cats died on Friday and I just don't feel like doing anything.

Another lurker checking in.

Honex so sorry for your loss. I know you are left with an aching heart and an empty space in your life. :hug:hug

Congrats to our new queen.

Hi Bgs, you have been hiding lately!! Good to see you are still with us! I get worried if I don't see posts from you all, lol, (little paranoid maybe, lol)  

Pineknott how is mil doing these days??

Im tired, watching Dancing with the Stars,,,,, cher is a judge tonight, all cher songs, which i like , soooooo will watch som tv, and then fall asleep, no doubt, was up early today, what with the time change thing!! Hows everyone doing with that!

till later then, immm offff......................zzzzzzz

Archived