Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on more fingerless gloves.....they are an easy project that requires no real thinking so I can do them easily while watching TV. I need to find my next project!

Have a great day!

kuddles

I have wanted to try making the fingerless gloves.  Not sure what pattern to try.  Can you share which one you are using and do you have any tips? 

Bgs, no word from you for a couple of days, are you crocheting away the time, lol

I'm here.  We don't usually turn on the computer over the weekend. I have made 3 more scarves and made some small doilies for a late ROAK package. 

I am finally home took the boys back. It's always sad when we have to that for the both of us. But we had a wonderful time. They went and played at bouncy bounce and papa took them for ice cream. Today papa took them to the movies and we had pizza for supper. They had a wonderful time but I miss them already. Girls went back to college to so back to a house that's almost empty. :(. Didn't get the laundry done so will work on that tomorrow . Dishes are all done . So that's a plus.

I'm glad you had your loved ones over.  It's painful when they leave, but they'll be back.  They are blessed to have you :hug

Sounds like a great weekend, owlvamp! Our little one got grandparent time too this weekend; we took him down to Grana and Grandad's (my mom and dad) for the afternoon and he was very excited. He wanted to stay overnight too, but it wasn't a good weekend for that. Maybe another weekend this month we can do that. I laughed that yours call your husband "papa" because our little guy has been calling my dad "pop-pop", and we don't know where it came from! We've never called him that. :)

Next weekend we're going to visit my husband's parents, and tonight he was already asking if we were going to Yai-Yai's house yet. When I said not yet, he decided it was because "Yai-Yai's is cwosed!" and Yai-Yai and Grandpa are staying at the pizza place! We told him that we're going to do a special trip while we're up there - we haven't told him that he's going to get to see an actual space shuttle! Wouldn't get any peace all week if he knew that. :lol

I wanted to post on Friday about a dream I had, but I didn't get a chance. I was at a sort of yard sale/secondhand shop set up in a huge gymnasium type room in a big building. It was a fundraiser for something, some sort of children's organization, but they also were buying items from people if they thought they were things that would sell. I sold them a rug we didn't want, and I remember thinking I didn't feel guilty about selling to a fundraiser because they had a whole clothing rack with these huge skeins of yarn hanging from them, nice and soft and slightly textured, and big thick long skeins, too! And they were something like two dollars apiece, so I told myself that any money they gave me for the rug they'd just get back on the yarn. But then I forgot to buy yarn! I don't know how, but I left and then when I went back it was all done and they were packing things up and there was no yarn in sight, and was I kicking myself! I suddenly remembered the dream very clearly in the afternoon, and I was *so relieved* when I did because I hadn't actually passed up buying huge amounts of good but cheap yarn! :rofl

Everybody ready to start the week off? I don't know if I really am... I didn't watch Downton Abbey, but I remember reading a discussion of it somewhere that mentioned some rich woman not getting the concept of the "weekend" because the work week just didn't apply to her or her family. And ever since then I've wished I had that problem! :D Crossing my fingers that *this* week will be good to us all!

What a cute little boy!  He is going to be so happy.  And that yarn -- dream or no dream, I would have rushed over there, lol.

:waving 

Haven't been on the site much lately, two baby blankets to finish in the next two(ish) weeks. I'm scrambling! Hope everyone is doing well!

Good luck on finishing those blankets!  For a while, I was having a hard time finding stuff to make that needed making, and now I have way too much to do and little time.  Oops!

Thank you.  I am waiting on ultrasound results and have another appointment this Friday.  I also have another painful spot appearing on my hip...a large red bump thing with a white center.  They shoot horses, don't they?  LOL

A lady at work LOVES the crocodile stitch and raves and raves about it.  I am going to have to learn that one.  About how many skeins did it take you?

Good thing you're not a horse!  Have that checked immediately.  It may be a symptom related to whatever is wrong. 

I used five skeins of I Love This Yarn!, and the great thing is that the first size is from small to extra large.  That just makes everything so easy!

attachicon.gifKitty Crown2.jpg

Well, my dear Squares, my reign has come to an end.  It was a wonderful month of being spoiled.  I received a total of 25 squares!!  It was fun getting to know all of you and your squares, cards and comments really blessed me.  

So with that, I pass the crown to the October Queen, yet to be named.  I hope she has as great of a reign as I did.  Congrats to the New Queen.

attachicon.gifCrown2.jpg

I have your squares, but I need to find a bit of time to get to the post office.  Long live the Queen!

How is everyone today? busy as usual here. was at work and daughter was at school having trouble breathing. took her to er and she has a respatory infection. gotta go soon to work concession at a ball game. Band boosters gets the profit made from it. I just want to lie down and nap lol

Poor things!  I hope your daughter recovers quickly and that you get to rest soon.

when I posted I was already back from the appt.its my yrly diabetic eye check

Ah, the diabetic eye check.  I'm glad mine are fine so far.  I hope your condition is under control :hug

Did they do that thing with the eye drops that really dilate your pupils? The first time I ever had that was in college and it weirded me out no end!

yes they dilated my eyes,I just don't care for how long it is till you can normal,my appt was at 8 am,and the eyes cleared by noon

Hope it goes well for you at work kuddles. Are they going to replace the guy? Or are you it?

Thanks! I cleaned out more of his 'stuff' and tomorrow the janitor will come haul things away, including unnecessary furniture! Eventually they will replace him........but for now, just me! And of course, no addl pay! Like everywhere!

hi everyone.

How did work go today kuddles,

here are the boys, sound asleep!!!

attachicon.gif100_3634.jpg

Was okay......glad Monday is over....the boys are so cute!

attachicon.gifKitty Crown2.jpg

Well, my dear Squares, my reign has come to an end.  It was a wonderful month of being spoiled.  I received a total of 25 squares!!  It was fun getting to know all of you and your squares, cards and comments really blessed me.  

So with that, I pass the crown to the October Queen, yet to be named.  I hope she has as great of a reign as I did.  Congrats to the New Queen.

attachicon.gifCrown2.jpg

You were a fab queen!

I have wanted to try making the fingerless gloves.  Not sure what pattern to try.  Can you share which one you are using and do you have any tips? 

I'm here.  We don't usually turn on the computer over the weekend. I have made 3 more scarves and made some small doilies for a late ROAK package. 

I love this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cable-wrist-warmer-pattern except I make it shorter, I don't have it go down the arm. I've probably made at least a dozen pair of them!

Well I'm beat so off I go! Till Lucky gets me up at 4 again! LOL

kuddles

just popped in to say hi, and probably goodnight for the night, got to remake my bed, changed sheets, and then shower, and am calling it a night!!! have  good one all, and oh yes.......the new queen......

Humm, since I won't be on at midnight, nor at the crack of dawn as I don't have a Lucky Alarm, lol I should announce it now, and send her the crown....

Well, without further ado, please meet your new Queen of Oct,   

Dragnlady5~~~ Pledging is NOW open with my pledge of at least 4, and she would like six or twelve inch squares, any pattern, any color, any ww yarn!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratz Dragnlady 5, your crown, as promised ...... Enjoy your reign, and may it reign squares on you all month long!!!!!!!!!

Daughter is fine. she is sitting here watching evil dead. So i am about to work on putting a border around my squares. I get to sleep in a little tomorrow I don't have to be at work till 10 am. Yes :clap  :ty . lol 

Glad daughter is fine. My daughter was in marching band for 7 years. It was fun and very exhausting. Always was glad the year came to an end.

Kuddles the wrist warmers are cute. Don't know if I'm ready to make any yet.

Well, without further ado, please meet your new Queen of Oct,   

Dragnlady5~~~ Pledging is NOW open with my pledge of at least 4, and she would like six or twelve inch squares, any pattern, any color, any ww yarn!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratz Dragnlady 5, your crown, as promised ...... Enjoy your reign, and may it reign squares on you all month long!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gifQueen667S.jpg

Congratulations!!

Squeals of joy. Thank you so very much. This is so wonderful. I have been so busy I havent had much time to rest, relax or crochet. This is a very bright spot in a very hectic time for us. 

I am so honored to be chosen and so excited to see the afghan coming together. During my reign as Queen I promise to be grateful for every single square i receive and I will treat them with the up most care and respect. I am excited and looking forward to checking the mail this month. Although I will have to race my daughter to it seeing as she has told me every package I receive she is going to open.

I have my crown and it had been fitted and polished.

crown.jpg

Again Thank you for the Honor of being your queen this month

HAHA Pine knott you asked me the same day I got the PM asking if I wanted to be Queen. So still in my excitement that I was the chosen one haha It was so hard not to say yeah wait a few days and I will be the new queen. It was kinda neat that I was next on your list and the queen list lol

Humm, since I won't be on at midnight, nor at the crack of dawn as I don't have a Lucky Alarm, lol I should announce it now, and send her the crown....

Lucky alarm rang at 3 am. I took him out to pee then back to the crate but laid awake so got up at 4 so now I'm talking on here!

Oops, deleted your comment, but you should try the wrist warmers. Start with something easier than cables though then work your way up!

Squeals of joy. Thank you so very much. This is so wonderful. I have been so busy I havent had much time to rest, relax or crochet. This is a very bright spot in a very hectic time for us. 

I am so honored to be chosen and so excited to see the afghan coming together. During my reign as Queen I promise to be grateful for every single square i receive and I will treat them with the up most care and respect. I am excited and looking forward to checking the mail this month. Although I will have to race my daughter to it seeing as she has told me every package I receive she is going to open.

I have my crown and it had been fitted and polished.

crown.jpg

Again Thank you for the Honor of being your queen this month

All Hail the New Queen!

Well as you see above, I'm up early, thank you so much Lucky Alarm. Still lots of drama at work, people are wondering what is going on, and I'm caught in the middle. Three months from now, it will be a memory, I can get through this!

I hope you all have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone. Just about ready to take daughter to seminary and then to school.

I am just so tired will come home and try to sleep some.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday and hail to our new Queen.

Archived