Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been leery of gas appliances

once in Sicily,I kept smelling gas,we had bottled gas outside,yikes no one else smelled it, I started getting real bad headaches,

public works decided to investigate,well lo and behold,years previous they had gas dryers in the pantry area,and it hadn't been capped off right

I've always been leery of gas appliances

once in Sicily,I kept smelling gas,we had bottled gas outside,yikes no one else smelled it, I started getting real bad headaches,

public works decided to investigate,well lo and behold,years previous they had gas dryers in the pantry area,and it hadn't been capped off right

That is so scary!!  Thank goodness you were able to catch it on time.

I do love a gas stove. It cooks the food more even. I have always loved gas.

Kuddles glad you detected it early ..:)

Good night everyone.

Thanks everyone! I kept windows open till almost bedtime (brrrrrr!) but couldn't smell anything and there is a CO detector here and it never went off so I was probably too careful, but at least I knew we were fine!

Getting ready for work...have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Sounds like you all kept busy yesterday while I missed being here. I was on the go yesterday, work, walmart, pumpkin patch, fabric store and a sewing guild meeting, lots of fun. Today will be less active , work and then some sewing or crocheting.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning everyone. Got work this morning then come home to make supper real quick and be at class (EMR) at 6-10. Prolly wont get much done today. Got to try to get some studying done.

Owlvamp i get tickled every morning I see at goodnight and then a good morning from u right in a row.

Hi all!!

well, i vote on electric stove, cooks the same to me,and Ive had both...ANd, did you all see the prices of candy bags at walmart, ridiculous to say the least, since when did halloween candy get to be that high, i admit we have almost no children in the area, so we just usually don't participate as we get no kids anyways......but wow, that is high!! too bad, a few people ruined giving out home made goodies, when we were kids, we always got to help make pop corn balls to pass out,and caramel apples too, so delish!

and we got goodies the few times we trick or treated too, such as big reg. size candy bars, silver dollars, (once) umm cookies, and brownies, warm from the over too! such a shame kids don't know that is the way it was then  lol..

Ok, soooo what else, lets see, got my ghan done, will have to photo it maybe tomorrow, for our neighbor, and have one more to trim for the other neighbor, and hopefully that is that, lol

Got myself some skinny leggins today, to wear around here, as it gets chilly sometimes in the craft room, lol and three or four new lounging type t shirts too, to match, looked at slippers, not impressed with either walmarts selection, or lack there of, nor their quality, have to keep looking, Dillards, or Kohls might have something I would like.... Some were deerform even, but trying them on, just didn't seem too cushy, you know.....

well, keep on hookin, when time permits, and iLL check in later squares!!!!!! Hey queenie, hows the square collecting coming along?????

Our church does a trunk or treat and we still can homemade goodies. I love making popcorn balls. I put different colors for the different seasons. But I know what you mean it's not like what it use to be. I do miss it.

it didn't always used to be such a money making day,guess they figure if you are going to buy candy you will pay what ever price they charge.

you used to be able to have a nice big bowl of candy for around 7-10 bucks,when a runty bag of candy went for 5 bucks,we closed down Halloween at this house,its been about 4 yrs now.

Good morning!

This week is moving slow.........it's only Wednesday! Kiddles gets off at noon on Friday so taking half a day. Then Saturday morning we pick up my mother from the train and she is here till Monday morning! Kiddles is SO excited! First time mom has visited up here since before I had Elana!

Gotta get moving, hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Wow!! I got to sleep in till 9 this morning. I hate Wednesdays they are so rushed. I have to got to work at 10 off at 2 come home for a few and then back to work 3-4 then home make supper take shower and be at church at 6-8 then got check on one of my ladies. back home about 830 or 9. then relax for a few and back to work 11-midnight. then bedtime lol. 

Katy So far my Kingdom has only received squares from you but i have seen others promising squares so we are anxiously awaiting new arrivals.

Hello

I'm not home on Halloween but my dad is so he hands out candy.

I have a few squares almost ready for our queen, just need to weave ends. They will be in the mail next week.

Kuddles, enjoy your weekend with your mom.

Not much going on here just the same stuff on a different day.

Have a great evening everyone.

Hi all, and how are we all today??  

Kuddles, did I miss something, who or what is an Elana pwease, lol Hop eyou and kiddles and mom have a blow out of a weekend!! what is kiddles costume for halloween this year?? I would wager a guess, as to a princess maybe, or a pumpkin, or probably something from a video game, lol Gotta confess, didn't know what  Minion was, till I looked it up, lol

Well went back to walmart for more leggins, and you know what, from yesterday to today, they were gone, or so I thought, turned out they just moved them, and put them a coupla dollars off on sale, so grabbed a few more pair, they are very comfy when lounging around, and warm too, when the winter piles on the cold.and would be wonderfully comfy at the gym, when I go, lol unlike yoga pants or something...anyways. ...I like them, maybe even wear them to the show tomorrow, unless of course my show partner cancels, she usually does a couple of times before we finally end up going, want to see Gravity!

Got sheets in the dryer, err, make that washer, soon to be dryer, so will end this for now, but will be back to say goodnight, lol I hope, unless I forget or something...in that case, good night, he he he...........

Archived