Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I knew someone that I hung out with in HS that was in the band,that the extent of my band knowledge

sounds like it is always on the go,similiar to someone who plays sports,but it must be so satisfying going to those competitions.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How fun, Vikingrunnergirl!  I haven't been to a museum in a very long time.  We recently acquired a shuttle to our local collection.  I want to go see it.

Kuddles, you had a three-hour break from your doggy, and I hung out with a massive one today.  He's a three-year-old pitbull, sweetest, most playful dog ever.  That didn't stop me from freaking out when he came at me to lick my face when I was sitting on the sofa.  I was so embarrassed, but I couldn't help it.  Anyway, I was at a cousin's house because she recently put out a plea on Facebook for cooking lessons.  None of the other family members replied.  My sister told me about it.  I am always ready to help, especially when it's a young wife that wants to make something her family will eat, lol.  So I started her off today with "caldo de res," which is a Mexican beef stew.  Oh, she wants to learn to make what she calls Mexican comfort food.  She's a quick study, thankfully!  By the way, it's not a good idea to make stew during 90-degree weather... just sayin'.

I'm home now and ready to crochet.  I'm testing an adorable elephant stuffy.  I can hardly wait to show it off :)

Good Morning,

Everyone must be keeping really busy this weekend. I almost finished the dress I was working on yesterday. I got some squares going for our reigning queen last night while my grandkids were content with their toys. Today will be the usual Sunday, It's my turn to teach Sunday School and then I'll attend service, have lunch with family and bring the grandkids home with me for the afternoon. Might squeeze in some stitching too.

Have a great day.

Good morning!

Wow AngelRoseLite, that is a big dog! Lucky looks amazing! I can't believe how much hair grew in 6 weeks! We went shorter this time, almost shaved and you should see all the new spots he has that I couldn't see through all that white hair!

Well plans for today cancelled. The person watching Kiddles is sick....but that's okay! We may go to a new-to-us Goodwill to see what they might have! But first, she is watching Sofia on Disney and I'm trying to wake up! Lucky let me sleep in till 6! Woot!

I must get some of my pix on here .....I've finished some squares and I'm trying to decide what to work on next......

Have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Hi there all you squares!!! How is everyone doing on this our weekend>???

I got a lot of errands completed, and shopping, one or two more places, Pet Co, and Joannes, lol oh, and stop at the bank,and then get my hair trimmed a bit,,,,,,well, here I thought I was done running for a couple days!!!

Just finished eating supper, we had steaks on the grill in the drizzle I might add, lol and home made home fries, and peas,lol......

I can do without the peas, but they are good for us, soooo i forced them down....most of them, ok, Some of them, ok ok, a few!!

Had a most delicious snack earlier and I think a thread for ones favorite healthy snacks as the subject shall be started momentarily! lol Id like to know what some of you snack on, that is healthy yet satisfying, so look for that thread soon!!!!!

Nothing much else, drizzle all day, and damp and cold, wore a jacket for goodness sakes out today!! sheesh, in a couple days, it'll be hot again, that is Nebraska for you, from tornados, to rain, to sleet, to ice, to snow, to humidity, and everything else in between, sometimes, all in a days time,lol...

Hope everyone is relaxing and hooking a bit today, I have two more 12 inch squares to make for the ghan I need to complete, and then will put it together, and it will probably go to one of my neighbors, that does so much for everyone all the time, soooooo just a thank you for her, and then I have one more for my other neighbor for a big job Handymandan completed for them, older couple, they will appreciate it Im sure!! also a thank you!  

So, Im off for the moment, I apologize if I didn't answer any questions or comments up above,l ol but just stopped in for a moment or two, I gotta see how you all are, you know..Take care, till later then...........

How is everyone doing today?

its been busy here,but quiet,mil did her weekly skype with her daughter in Germany

I did laundry and ironing,and then helped the Grill-master with preps for the Bar-B- Q

this evening I will get some of the Queen's squares done.

It's been really slow on here.

I did a I spy swap exchange been working on that today. Girls did the dishes and youngest daughter made chocolate chip cookies from scratch. They were awesome. Oh they were my recipe. LOL

Then daughter made hobos for supper. It was really good too.

It was nice having them do the work today.

Hobo dinner is when you take a hamburger and potatoes, onions and Corn or carrots it you want, wrap them together in aluminum foil and cook it.

Yep that's what hobos are. You also can put gravy on it before you cook it. It was really yummy. She can cook it for me again. Really use any meat you want but we did put hamburger in ours.

I don't know if it's a southern thing.

That's good the store is reopening up. Why was it shut in the

first place? Please don't tell me it was the darn government shut down.

I don't know if it's a southern thing.

That's good the store is reopening up. Why was it shut in the

first place? Please don't tell me it was the darn government shut down.

yes,that was why

She said dont tell her.....

I heard on the news Walmart was stepping up to the plate and as long as u had military id you could use the store like a commisary.

It probably is a southern thing. lol. I am in Indiana I dont consider us southern but I guess we are

I like the idea of Mexican comfort food. That sounds good. I should fly you out here to teach me how to do it, too! :D Speaking of which, I hear DH peeling veggies in the kitchen.... I should really go help him, or do some other chores if he doesn't need help there!

Got some crocheting done this weekend, though no squares yet. I took my rainbow-ghan up to Long Island with us and I'm on the second round of the light blue now! I really did get a lot done between the car ride and some relaxing time up there. I had almost a full side of the first light blue round left to do when we started, and now I've only got three sides of the second round! Then it'll be two rounds each of two more colors, figuring out a border, and done done done! :D So... probably another six months or so. :lol

I helped MIL put the last of her kaleidoscope hexagons in place for a One Block Wonder quilt, too; that was fun. She's taught the class twice at the fabric store where she works but she said she still hasn't completed one of her own yet! She said she was stuck on the layout for the one so we spread it out on the floor and got the rest of the hexes out and put everything in place. It flowed really easily, I thought. She said I ought to be teaching the class since we got everything set out so quickly! I probably actually would have fun teaching something like that. I like helping people unlock their creativity. I've found that even with people who claim they don't have a creative bone in their body, if you give them a bit of a framework and a seed, they surprise themselves with what they come up with! Like those drawings we used to do in grade school where the teacher would give us all the same scribble and we'd turn it into all sorts of different things.

I wonder if I could volunteer to teach/assist with a class at the local yarn shop or fabric store?

She said dont tell her.....

I heard on the news Walmart was stepping up to the plate and as long as u had military id you could use the store like a commisary.

It probably is a southern thing. lol. I am in Indiana I dont consider us southern but I guess we are

we heard that on the noon news the other day,it was sam's club here,waiving their membership fee for us to shop there.

Hi all,  hope everyone is doing well, and yeah, it's monday already..So sorry you didn't get to sleep well Kuddles, for some reason, we all have nights like that, darn it...

and dragnlady, we call it Camper's Stew here, and I just had that not long ago, wrapped in foil and done on the grill, they are great, one of our favorites, never heard it called hobo anything though, lol

glad all is well with most of us, and will check in with you all a bit later on, stuff to do, and no one but me to do it!! right, that is,  haa ha ha ha..

Hobo dinner is when you take a hamburger and potatoes, onions and Corn or carrots it you want, wrap them together in aluminum foil and cook it.

Thanks Katie yup and I have a lot of those nites where I don't sleep well!

Well started smelling something funky, then realized it was gas! Looked around and two burners on the stove were slightly on.....Kiddles said oh I accidentally did that. I'm thinking she didn't accidentally do it but she wouldn't know that it was bad. I have the windows all open and the fans all going to get it out.....sure glad I don't smoke! Eee Gad!

So after that scare, guess I'll think about something nice....like crocheting!

Hope you have a less eventful nite than me all!

kuddles

wow kuddles, that was quite a thing, that's why i don't like gas stoves, sheesh, when i moved here, we had the gas stove changed out and electric connections and stove put in, least you can usually SEE when they are accidentally left on... Im so glad nothing bad happened, could have affected you and kiddles, and luckyj pretty badly.....Good save!!

Sandra, good for you, getting out and getting the doggies their shots, lol mine loves going for a ride, but make that turn on that road, and she is frantic!! lol Don't tell me they don't know!

But go the other way, to the lake, and she is so excited!! She gets to hunt deer, and other animals lol Least that is her desire, im quite sure she would go the other way, if ever she saw a deer!! The lake is about two blocks away, and deer find their way here, along with wild turkey, ducks, raccoons, and other assorted critters, but they pretty much stay out of the back yard, not that the fence stops them much, but the doggies scent deters them I think...Last year, we had a mama wild turkey, that led her four baby turkeys down our front yard every day, just gobbling away to the children,,,,,,,,Turkeys are really ugly though however, even baby ones..) but they were still quite funny to watch......

Archived