Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello Squares! Up at 4 am when Lucky started whining but that's okay, I was awake at 3 anyway! So just him and I right now, glad Kiddles is still in bed asleep!

I'm hoping to sew today on Mom's purse. Yeah I've said it for a few weeks now, but really really hoping to at least spend a little time on it today to get it started!

I finished another pair of fingerless gloves last nite......I love making them so fast and easy and the pattern I use has cables....

So nice to hear from you again Ann! It always brightens my day!

Well hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

You certainly were the early bird this morning,I think thats when I rolled over

hope you get some sewing time in today,I haven't touched my machine in ages

hugs and squishes for all that need them :ghug  :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, lots of posts to try to digest at the moment, lol.. I will say hi to honex and ann  and hope all goes well with you two, and Honex, TOMORROW is the last day of your reign, ohhh, I was sad just typing that,,,,,,,,but on the good side, you will be passing your crown to another that will enjoy her reign just as much as you did!!!

Kuddles, can't wait to see a pic of this purse, hope you post it soon, lol I know it will be outstanding, like all your bags, and purses!

And what is with kiddles staying in bed so late, lol is she feeling ok>?????

She's usually up at the crack of the Lucky Alarm too!

That's ok sandra, Im sad too about it, but I was concerned about the free for all as well, and never got a reply, so went ahead with it, against my own judgement. I had a few comments about it, but not from the admins so didn't give it much merrit, so thought for sure this time, wanted to check with the admins, and it is what it is! Im excited though, that you are going to go ahead and m ake a few for some here on the thread, no one can stop that, lol  and can't wait till they start rolling  into mailboxes!!

Ann, i hope posting two days in a row, means you are feeling better, and getting stronger, but don't overdo, I reallly wish your ins. would get this worked out!

Angelroselite, as always, lovely things!

anybody else, did I miss ya, Hi Pineknott, Cshort and Becca! and anymore, Hello to you too!! I have been campaigning lately, posting on the introduce yourself thread, so that the newcommers can see the link in my signature to join the granny cal, I imagine several more will join soon, as winter is the perfect time to make granny squares, so portable, and easy!! So if you see my name a lot in introduce yourself, I just wanted to welcome some newcomers, and let them subtly know about out thread!! lol

On Monday night, or Tuesday morning, however you look at it, our new queen will be announced, and pledging will be open!!!! So get your hooks at the ready, and alert all newcoming and old alike yarn skeins and balls, that they may soon be put to a good use!!

It;s going to be nice to do some squares again, as it has been a little bit for me not doing them, lol Well all, hope your Sunday is a good one, every one take care, and Ill see ya back here, later on!!

o0h,forgot to say, if you are a frequent poster to the introduce yourself thread, putting a link on your signature, for your favortie threads, (1. US, lol) would be wonderful, can be any thread you frequent too!! Not just this one, although this one is top priority for me,  lol maybe seeing it often, would not only give the newcomers a place to start, but spur a few newcomers to join our thread as well, and we would have some new blood, I mean of couse, new members to make granny square addicts out of!!!

One more thought, there are five of us on the top poster thread almost at all given times, I think that is wonderful! They are not always the same five, but I think it is really nice to see some of us on there every single day! Nice showing!!  Keep up the great work squares!!!!!

You certainly were the early bird this morning,I think thats when I rolled over

hope you get some sewing time in today,I haven't touched my machine in ages

hugs and squishes for all that need them :ghug  :hug

Yeah, didn't want to be the early bird though!

I did sew just a bit before we went out to walk and do errands then another walk after lunch. I'm pooped!

Kuddles, can't wait to see a pic of this purse, hope you post it soon, lol I know it will be outstanding, like all your bags, and purses!

And what is with kiddles staying in bed so late, lol is she feeling ok>?????

She's usually up at the crack of the Lucky Alarm too!

It;s going to be nice to do some squares again, as it has been a little bit for me not doing them, lol Well all, hope your Sunday is a good one, every one take care, and Ill see ya back here, later on!!

Yeah whenever she stays in bed past 5 am, I count myself lucky!

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? Here real busy and just didn't feel well today. Husband took all the kids to the movies.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Well back to laundry and cleaning up and oh how I hope I can sew even for another 5 minutes!

Take care all!

kuddles

Hi!  I went back three pages to multiquote, but I know I'm still missing posts I normally would have replied to.  Sorry!  Other than for work, I've been avoiding my laptop lately.  I guess I'm just not in a sit-and-type mood, lol.

I'm up (well Lucky started his whining at 4:55 so I got up before he could bark) and so is Kiddles. Tired but not horrible. Today will be a better day.......had to get yesterday over with.

Now onward and upward - serving 'my' special need kids and doing it correctly! Woot!

Have a great day all,

kuddles

I hope everything is settling down for you at work soon.  What a mess!  Good thing that your boss got caught, though.

on other subjects, brunch went really well, so much fun, we didn't get to do the picture thing, we'll do it next time at the next one in line's house, cause a few people forgot their pic, I had my.......Farrah Faucet Hair Pic all ready for them too, lol   and they all did love the nesties!!

How fun!  I really love those nests.  They're beautiful.

OK, OK, soooo I broke my promise to self and daughter...I vowed to NOT buy anymore yarn til stash was used up...Wouldn't you know that I started a baby blanket for oldest daughter's friend using a baby pink that I thought I had enough of...You got it ...not enough, so off to Michael's I go and bought a one pounder...Now I have enough...

Weather here pleasant...72 this AM so opened windows after checking to see if A/C was on...Think I'll just use fan today, but if it gets hot in here will definitely turn A/C back on...

Hope everyone is going to have a great day today...Back to the hook...

Hi, Estee!  Always good to hear from you.  I hope you have finally recovered :)

So sorry, I forgot to come on here and thank Pineknott for the lovely squares she sent me. :manyheart  THANK YOU! :manyheart  They are the first ones received and I'm so happy!

Also, would you ladies pray for me?  I started spotting last night and now I'm scared.  I'm 7 weeks pregnant today.  I hope everything is okay in there.... :cry

Praying for you, Cindy :hug

Good Morning,

Kuddles, enjoy your lunch.

Cindy, I'm pryaing.

I dropped the car of at the mechanic this morning to have the brakes worked on, they make an awful squeek. And now I'm in my sewing room working on a couple of little rompers for a little guy that my friends are fostering, he arrived at their house on Wed. with just the clothes he was wearing. Maybe I'll get in a little crocheting later too.

Have a great day.

Thank God for people like your friends and you :hug

I love this!  And those of us that crochet and knit for charity never know who and how we touch others.

Thank you for posting the pictures so that everybody can see your work....lovely!

I am still trying to heal.  They re-opened part of my scar as there seems to be another pocket of infection.  It took a FOOT of gauze to fill the hole!!  This time it hurts and bleeds.  I had an ultrasound and am waiting for the results.  I go back to the doctor on Friday. I am also working more for the lady that does medical billing, am taking an online class that I am struggling to keep up on and a bible study group.  Not much time for computer except to read the online text for the class...BORING!!

So cute!!!

Ouch!  Poor Honex!  One of these days you'll have good news about your surgery.  For your sake, I hope it's very soon.

WOW!!  Beautiful!  I love the purple one and I bet the black on is hard to do.  Do you have the pattern for this or can you tell me where to find it?

That sounds like fun!  I stock the shelves at Michael's when the scents for soap and candles come in, I have to smell every one of them.

Congrats on all the ribbons you won!

Thanks, Honex -- and everyone that congratulated me, for that matter.  Does anyone know if everyone gets a ribbon?  I can't find the judging criteria and awards information.  It seems to me they should start with, "Ribbons are awarded as follows:  1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place," and then an explanation if there are no ribbons.  If everyone gets a ribbon, then I don't know how I feel about 3rd place, lol. 

The Crocodile Stitch Cardigan is a Bonita Patterns design.  Once you get the hang of the crocodile stitch, this cardigan is unbelievably easy to make.  I think it's well worth the money.  I used I Love This Yarn!, and it came to about $20 plus tax for the purple cardigan.  The black one will require an extra skein, which, rounded up, makes it about $4 more, not counting tax.  You should take a look and see if it's something you'd make.

The soaps smell heavenly!  They're in my office area.  I've spent more time here as a result.  I think that the fragrance has also put me in a cleaning mood.  Really!  I've been moving everything around again and using Pledge as much as I can, lol.

I've been very busy lately.  I'm so tired that I can't focus well enough to remember what I've done, though.  lol. 

Have a happy Sunday!

I am finally home took the boys back. It's always sad when we have to that for the both of us. But we had a wonderful time. They went and played at bouncy bounce and papa took them for ice cream. Today papa took them to the movies and we had pizza for supper. They had a wonderful time but I miss them already. Girls went back to college to so back to a house that's almost empty.:(. Didn't get the laundry done so will work on that tomorrow . Dishes are all done . So that's a plus.

Sounds like a great weekend, owlvamp! Our little one got grandparent time too this weekend; we took him down to Grana and Grandad's (my mom and dad) for the afternoon and he was very excited. He wanted to stay overnight too, but it wasn't a good weekend for that. Maybe another weekend this month we can do that. I laughed that yours call your husband "papa" because our little guy has been calling my dad "pop-pop", and we don't know where it came from! We've never called him that. :)

Next weekend we're going to visit my husband's parents, and tonight he was already asking if we were going to Yai-Yai's house yet. When I said not yet, he decided it was because "Yai-Yai's is cwosed!" and Yai-Yai and Grandpa are staying at the pizza place! We told him that we're going to do a special trip while we're up there - we haven't told him that he's going to get to see an actual space shuttle! Wouldn't get any peace all week if he knew that. :lol

I wanted to post on Friday about a dream I had, but I didn't get a chance. I was at a sort of yard sale/secondhand shop set up in a huge gymnasium type room in a big building. It was a fundraiser for something, some sort of children's organization, but they also were buying items from people if they thought they were things that would sell. I sold them a rug we didn't want, and I remember thinking I didn't feel guilty about selling to a fundraiser because they had a whole clothing rack with these huge skeins of yarn hanging from them, nice and soft and slightly textured, and big thick long skeins, too! And they were something like two dollars apiece, so I told myself that any money they gave me for the rug they'd just get back on the yarn. But then I forgot to buy yarn! I don't know how, but I left and then when I went back it was all done and they were packing things up and there was no yarn in sight, and was I kicking myself! I suddenly remembered the dream very clearly in the afternoon, and I was *so relieved* when I did because I hadn't actually passed up buying huge amounts of good but cheap yarn! :rofl

Everybody ready to start the week off? I don't know if I really am... I didn't watch Downton Abbey, but I remember reading a discussion of it somewhere that mentioned some rich woman not getting the concept of the "weekend" because the work week just didn't apply to her or her family. And ever since then I've wished I had that problem! :D Crossing my fingers that *this* week will be good to us all!

I was looking at this pattern and I just went all wide-eyed, because I was thinking "hmm, what if you could make them sparkly somehow?" and then I remembered I have a whole skein of Paton's new Metallic yarn in silver that I hadn't decided what to do with yet...!

These are so cute, and look so simple to do.

Thank you and yes star pattern is free here is the link.
http://karenjcrochets.weebly.com/granny-star-ornament.html

It's fun to make them.

o0h,forgot to say, if you are a frequent poster to the introduce yourself thread, putting a link on your signature, for your favortie threads, (1. US, lol) would be wonderful, can be any thread you frequent too!! Not just this one, although this one is top priority for me,  lol maybe seeing it often, would not only give the newcomers a place to start, but spur a few newcomers to join our thread as well, and we would have some new blood, I mean of couse, new members to make granny square addicts out of!!!

One more thought, there are five of us on the top poster thread almost at all given times, I think that is wonderful! They are not always the same five, but I think it is really nice to see some of us on there every single day! Nice showing!!  Keep up the great work squares!!!!!

I have a link in my signature too but I'm thinking I need to make it bigger.

Yesterday was my usual busy but fun Sunday, church in the morning and evening and grandkids in between. I did manage to work on a cape for my granddaughter for a little bit in the evening. Back at work today and grocery shopping this afternoon. Then maybe some stitching time.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Squares!

I'm nervous ....... another 'odd' day at work, not knowing what to expect. Need to talk to the asst director to see how to proceed. Even though the guy is gone, work must go on for the special kids!

Lucky official get up time is 4 am. At least I know that! I'm usually awake anyway......

I'm working on more fingerless gloves.....they are an easy project that requires no real thinking so I can do them easily while watching TV. I need to find my next project!

Have a great day!

kuddles

hi everyone.

How did work go today kuddles, and linda, your appt I trust went ok?? Honex, last day, then you shall pass the crown.,... to some lucky winner this month...

Bgs, no word from you for a couple of days, are you crocheting away the time, lol

Viking, good to see your posts,,,,owlvamp, nice time you had, glad you enjoyed it..

I don't know who else I wanted to reply to, lol so a hi to everyone, and hope you are all well, and healthy!! Or quickly getting there anyway!

tonight or tomorrow, comes the passing of the crown,,,,,,,,, anyone have a guess, only clue I can give you is........

she hasn't been a queen yet! lol trust me, that is getting harder to find these days, we have almost all of us cept for a few, been queens of a month......we will do it till everyone has had a turn, and then, Start Over, lol 

Nice day today, pay day tonight for a siding job handydandy did so probably out to eat somewhere, and neither one of us has to cook tonight...Got a couple of errands to run tomorrow, but then after that, might stop in Michaels, and look around.......or is that Joannes lol, I forget....I think Joannes is the one if go to most often and hobby lobby of course.

Well, gonna take off, left two cats and a dog sleeping in the craft room for a bit,,,sigh...they wanna be with mama, so i  let them, lol

here are the boys, sound asleep!!!

post-40621-0-93284900-1380570909_thumb.jpg

Ouch!  Poor Honex!  One of these days you'll have good news about your surgery.  For your sake, I hope it's very soon.

Thank you.  I am waiting on ultrasound results and have another appointment this Friday.  I also have another painful spot appearing on my hip...a large red bump thing with a white center.  They shoot horses, don't they?  LOL

The Crocodile Stitch Cardigan is a Bonita Patterns design.  Once you get the hang of the crocodile stitch, this cardigan is unbelievably easy to make.  I think it's well worth the money.  I used I Love This Yarn!, and it came to about $20 plus tax for the purple cardigan.  The black one will require an extra skein, which, rounded up, makes it about $4 more, not counting tax.  You should take a look and see if it's something you'd make.

A lady at work LOVES the crocodile stitch and raves and raves about it.  I am going to have to learn that one.  About how many skeins did it take you?

post-9803-0-12499100-1380573611.jpg

Well, my dear Squares, my reign has come to an end.  It was a wonderful month of being spoiled.  I received a total of 25 squares!!  It was fun getting to know all of you and your squares, cards and comments really blessed me.  

So with that, I pass the crown to the October Queen, yet to be named.  I hope she has as great of a reign as I did.  Congrats to the New Queen.

post-9803-0-76345000-1380573852.jpg

wow, what a gracious Queen! Nice exit honex99, lol and Now I must hurry the crown over to the crowning arena, for our new queen's coronation!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Honex for being such a gracious queen, and letting us spoil you a bit, I enjoyed making the purple squares, as I seldom get to use purples, how pretty your ghan will be!! Hope to see you post soon, on it's progress, and thanks again, for being our Oct. Queen!    

Maybe it's just a infected area or worse a pimple. LOL hopefully nothing more than that. Gosh I hope you get all this crap over with and start feeling better ........

A new queen how wonderful. Can I guess? I think becca. That's who came to mind right away. So we will see tomorrow who it is.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day.

I love the crowns.

How is everyone today? busy as usual here. was at work and daughter was at school having trouble breathing. took her to er and she has a respatory infection. gotta go soon to work concession at a ball game. Band boosters gets the profit made from it. I just want to lie down and nap lol

Archived