Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Welcome back becca we miss you around here.

I'm so happy the meeting went well I was worried about that and figured something went amiss with it and that's why you weren't here yet. But happy that that part of your life can now stay behind you and you can move forward.

Awe I bet the kittens have grown a lot. Oh my ready to leave home. :( that will be sad but always good for them as well.

Good for you for finishing the afghans for friend. Stay busy !

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ann,  hope something with the ins. clicks soon for you, and you can get to feeling better, and stronger!!

Becca, nice to hear everything is turning out better for you, and your kittens, my goodness, lost the battle to keep the little one you took such good care of huh,,,,,,sad, but they will be loved.....

Owlvamp,did you make that dr. appt yet???

and kuddles, yes,bills hate to let you slide a month, lol

however, if they owe you a credit, as does my phone internet co. does at this moment,and since about a month ago, I was told, and I quote,,,:it will take up to three months to show a credit on your monthy bill:" to which i asked, how come when I owe you monty its gotta have it right now, but when y ou owe me money, it'll take up to three months>>>> >>>> she did not have a good answer for that, lol

Hello to Carol, i do hope after work ,housework, and supper, you find some crochet time for you!! 

and question for linda, do your fingernails grow fast too, or just your toe nails>?>>'

Well, one big job outta the way this am, shampooed my living room carpet, been meaning to do that for a while, but brunch spurred me into doing it this week, lol. Got the living room dusted, and the clock curio cab. I collect clocks, got lots, lol, and all dusted and clean and smelling pretty and fresh... Will vac when the carpet is for sure dry.....

The kitchen of course is used often, so will wash the new floor for the first time maybe on wednesday,they reccomend a 10 to 1 ratio of vinegar, and warm water, so got some vinegar the other day.....

Then wash the throw rugs, let them air dry overnight, put out fresh towels in the bathrooms, and normal daily cleaning, at least the showers are done, lol. I hate doing the showers.......

make sure to make my bed that morning, lol, i sometimes don't, i hate to say... wash and fold laundry, which is normal weekly stuff, and Im thinking that' s about it, so not as much as I had on my list yesterday, lol widdeling it down slowly!!!!!!!!

hope you are all enjoying your monday, afternoon!       take care till later!

Howdy to all my Squares and especially Becca!

My work day is drawing to a close soon and will get Kiddles and we will take our walk, homework, dinner and sleep...then we get up to do it all over again!

Have a good nite!

kuddles

Hi ann,  hope something with the ins. clicks soon for you, and you can get to feeling better, and stronger!!

Becca, nice to hear everything is turning out better for you, and your kittens, my goodness, lost the battle to keep the little one you took such good care of huh,,,,,,sad, but they will be loved.....

Owlvamp,did you make that dr. appt yet???

and kuddles, yes,bills hate to let you slide a month, lol

however, if they owe you a credit, as does my phone internet co. does at this moment,and since about a month ago, I was told, and I quote,,,:it will take up to three months to show a credit on your monthy bill:" to which i asked, how come when I owe you monty its gotta have it right now, but when y ou owe me money, it'll take up to three months>>>> >>>> she did not have a good answer for that, lol

Hello to Carol, i do hope after work ,housework, and supper, you find some crochet time for you!! 

and question for linda, do your fingernails grow fast too, or just your toe nails>?>>'

Well, one big job outta the way this am, shampooed my living room carpet, been meaning to do that for a while, but brunch spurred me into doing it this week, lol. Got the living room dusted, and the clock curio cab. I collect clocks, got lots, lol, and all dusted and clean and smelling pretty and fresh... Will vac when the carpet is for sure dry.....

The kitchen of course is used often, so will wash the new floor for the first time maybe on wednesday,they reccomend a 10 to 1 ratio of vinegar, and warm water, so got some vinegar the other day.....

Then wash the throw rugs, let them air dry overnight, put out fresh towels in the bathrooms, and normal daily cleaning, at least the showers are done, lol. I hate doing the showers.......

make sure to make my bed that morning, lol, i sometimes don't, i hate to say... wash and fold laundry, which is normal weekly stuff, and Im thinking that' s about it, so not as much as I had on my list yesterday, lol widdeling it down slowly!!!!!!!!

hope you are all enjoying your monday, afternoon!       take care till later!

fingernails too,I'm constantly having to trim  them,was never really one for long nails, with crocheting and other crafts,they just get in my way

Honex99, sounds painful hope your wound heals soon.

cshort, lovely squares and adorable outfit.

Katy I love that you put the paper from the yarn with the scarf. I kind of wish I had done that but I am 44 scarves too late, have given at least 13 away and I don't think I could match all the ones I have left up with the papers (and I still have most all the papers).

Kuddles, I know you could make those scarves. It's just sc round and round through very large holes with a very large hook and the yarn does the work. It's actually more cumbersome unfolding the yarn to work with it.

Ann, I just hate that now they are letting you get bad and then trying to fix you rather than just keeping you okay. That just seems so wrong.

Becca, glad you checked in and that things turned out well at your meeting. Happy belated birthday.

Bgs how do you crochet the scarfs? I much rather that than knitting.

sandra, i crocheted mine, using a you tube tutorial, try you tube, there are several ways, find one that works easiest for you, the hardest part, like Brenda said, was unfolding that yarn! lol

owlvamp, on 23 Sept 2013 - 19:30, said:

Bgs how do you crochet the scarfs? I much rather that than knitting.

This is the pattern I used. I think there are some help links to videos in it. I use a K hook and do 3sc instead of the 5 to make a longer scarf.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/frilly-crochet-scarf

If you do a search you will see that on some of the other patterns they sc until it reaches a certain length then turn and sc another row. I like the above pattern because I use up the skein where you will most likely have some left using the other method.

Thank you for the link. I need to see if I can find at least one skein now. I packed them. I could have daughter bring me one over and replace it. Thanks.

Good night all.

I also crochet mine.  I am going to knit some now.  It's a very basic stitch, and I think that the ruffle yarn goes a long way too.  

I posted the cardigan here earlier.  Here is the link.  I'm halfway finished with a black one for my sister.  I am also almost finished with a snowflake afghan I offered to finish for someone here.  I'm embarrassed that it took me so long.  For various reasons, I had to tweak some things to get the motifs to go together.  I would do a few at a time until I was sure I could make it work.  Then the summer came, and there was no way I was going to make an afghan in this heat.  I blocked all the motifs over the summer, which, by the way, was a bear!  I can only fit so many motifs on my blocking board.  I did it in parts.  I finished this weekend and started to join them all.  I'm about to start the edging, and lastly I'll weave in the ends.  I love the way it's finally come together.

I think I had mentioned that I was going to make soap with a friend.  We made it on Friday using a cold process and several oil/fragrance/color/essential oil combinations.  I picked it up today now that it hardened enough to take out of the molds.  I set it up on a cookie rack in my office area.  I luuuuuuurv the way it smells in here!  I am hooked!  I'm going to make some more maybe next month.

I went to the L.A. County Fair yesterday!  It was a beautiful, gorgeous, sunny, breezy, cool day!  It was actually under 80 degrees F (the F is for our international friends, lol).  The first thing I did?  I headed straight to the Tapestry building to see how I fared in the fair (see what I did there?  LOL... and groan).  I got two first-place ribbons, four second-place ribbons, and two third-place ribbons.  I think everyone is given a ribbon; so I don't know if I should even count the third-place ribbons.  Anyway, I am satisfied.  I think that for next year, I'm going to start a big project with lots of lead time.  We'll see if I can concentrate long enough on it, lol.

Hmm... what else?  I know there's more, but I am in a fog now.  The laundry is beckoning, and then it's nighty-night for me :)

Hugs, ladies!

Congratulations on all the ribbons AngelRose. That is so wonderful.

Now post some pictures for us all to see.

Okay I will look up on you tube. Didn't get a chance last night .

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!

Good morning and another congrats to our own Angelroselite! Woot girl!

Well didn't we have fun last nite! Lucky scooped up and ATE a knee high panti hose when we got home! He is so fast! Well called the vet and as feared, had to take him down and they made him vomit and it came up along with his dinner but now we know he is fine. Pantihose is not a puppy's friend in the system! After paying the HIGH bill (sigh) we came home and within an hour, he was back to his old self. We have to be even more careful and not have anything on the floor! We are just glad he is okay!

So off I go to work soon, you know to pay for the vet bill!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

kuddles so sorry about Lucky. At least he is doing okay and you caught it in time. Some dogs just have to eat everything. So yes keeping everything picked up will help.

kuddles so sorry about Lucky. At least he is doing okay and you caught it in time. Some dogs just have to eat everything. So yes keeping everything picked up will help.

Kuddles...I had a pup that ate a shoestring...Didn't know what it was til I looked closely at his poop...Wondered what was wrong and why he couldn't stop pooping...

Yup! He is fine at least and yup, he eats like he will never ever EVER get another meal. Each. And. Every. Time!

kuddles

Oh wow. When I for our four puppies I just kept food down for them all day. I never pick it up other than washing the pan. Not one of them over eat. I e done this the day they cam into my home. Each one has their own pattern like for Tank he eats like a bird. Just nibbles her and there. Harlie eats hers at one time until she is full they have never really cleaned there dishes at one sitting.

My daughter did the control thing and fed by what the bag says. He is always starving and looking for the next meal. He's a puppy and a growing one and I feel each puppy is different from another. I also believe he will over eat now that she has done this.

Now if it comes to a time mine time over eating then I will pick up the dishes. But been leaving it there for them for over a year now.

Good luck with Lucky. You need to take a picture of him and show us. You may have done it already but I missed it if you did.

Good Evening,

I'm home after a busy day, a new student joined our class today and needed extra assistance with our routine, but he'll have it down in a few days. Some of the fabric I ordered last week came in the mail yesterday and I washed it last night so tonight I will be cutting and sewing.

Kuddles, I'm glad Lucky is ok. I have to be careful about yarn and thread because one of my cats thinks its delicious and I know it can be deadly if they eat it.

Have a nice evening everyone.

I will try to find it. Did you only use one skein of yarn? How many across did you do?

I only use one skein and I start with a chain of 4 and do 3 sc turn and then 3 sc back.  The ruffles just start spiraling one on top of another.  I believe the pattern in the link I posted you has you doing 5 sc.  I made one that way.  It was shorter than my sister wanted and we didn't want to use two skeins so I pulled it apart and tried it with 4 sc, pulled that one apart and went with 3 sc for the length.  That was with the Redheart Sashay.  The Starbella Flash has more yarn in it and I do 4 sc when I use it. 

Good morning and another congrats to our own Angelroselite! Woot girl!

Well didn't we have fun last nite! Lucky scooped up and ATE a knee high panti hose when we got home! He is so fast! Well called the vet and as feared, had to take him down and they made him vomit and it came up along with his dinner but now we know he is fine. Pantihose is not a puppy's friend in the system! After paying the HIGH bill (sigh) we came home and within an hour, he was back to his old self. We have to be even more careful and not have anything on the floor! We are just glad he is okay!

So off I go to work soon, you know to pay for the vet bill!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I am so glad he vomitted it up.  My friends dog did that and they had to take him to surgery. 

Archived