Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I'm up (well Lucky started his whining at 4:55 so I got up before he could bark) and so is Kiddles. Tired but not horrible. Today will be a better day.......had to get yesterday over with.

Now onward and upward - serving 'my' special need kids and doing it correctly! Woot!

Have a great day all,

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning gals....

Well the audit revealed that the guy (I call him my boss) I worked with was doing things shady. He was let go yesterday. I am in the clear. My next several weeks, months whatever will be rough.....I have to take on many responsibilities that are way above me but I told them I was up to the task. Today as word gets out (he was there for 17 years and everyone knows him and deals with him for work) I will be attacked with multiple phone calls asking what happened. All I can say is 'for more info, talk to the director' but that won't stop people from hounding me. The special ed kids suffer the most by no longer having a champion that can answer questions.

Why are people the way they are? Please say a prayer for me to get through this tough time.

Hugs,

kuddles

Kuddles, sorry to hear you have to go through this. Hope everything settles down quickly.

Hey all! 

Wow, yesterday was a terrible day... but today is going better thank goodness. Except I just weighed myself and I have gained 2 stone during the last few weeks... so time to start doing something about that! Am off to find exercise videos on YouTube! And you never know, doing exercise will probably help my mood too. 

Also - had a yarn disaster!! I spilled tea in my basket of yarn!! So I've had to wash it all in the bath and now its outside, but I'm worried it won't really dry as its all wound into balls... do you think I'm going to have to unwind it all to let it dry? Urgh! 

Hope you're all having a great day x

I hope your yarn cleaned up ok, I think I would be heart broken if it were me.

It's been so long since I've been on, the website didn't autofill in the browser anymore! >_< I'm cheating right now: I'm determined to catch up on all I missed, so I have another tab open at where I left off and came over here to post. Then I'll just pick up reading from the next tab! :D

I'm glad Maria asked about the plain grannies and so many people answered.... I much prefer doing fancy squares but I haven't had time lately to do any. But some plain grannies, those I could probably squeeze a few in here and there. I just felt sorta guilty sending plain squares instead of fancy, ya know?

Not much really changed for us. We're still busy, the dog's still neurotic, and Little Viking still doesn't want to go school *every day*. :lol

We did go to the Renaissance Faire with some friends on Sunday. The little guy wanted to ride the elephant, and we had some extra money from my mom (she gives us Faire money every year for birthday gifts), so we said all right. I rode with him, of course, and it was SO AWESOME!

I thought he might be scared once we started moving, since it was so high, but he just grinned and grinned and laughed! As we got down I said, Thank you, elephant!" and he said, "Tank you, ewaphant, for give us a wide!" We also saw some performing dogs, which he loved, and he was so excited to go up and pet them after the show!

Ok, going to go catch up on the rest of the thread now. :D I hope recovery is going well for all, and that Honex has been able to see dry land again!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Hello good subjects of Square Ville's Yarn Hill!!

my oh my, so much to comment on I know I will forget half of it...

Thanks first of all, for the nice comments on the birdie nests, everyone seems to love them, sooooo I prepared a big Nest full, for my guests at brunch tomorrow........

Kuddles, gosh, who knew huh! What a shocker.. Now with y our new responsibilities and such, did they mention a raise too, that would help ease the burden I bet!! I know you can do it, as you are a born organizer, and a true go-getter, so Im not worried about that. You will do a bang up job, they may promote you and bump you up a notch!! If nothing else, a hefty raise will be called for, lol,. Good luck, keep up the great work, and the attitude you have is great too!

Becca, 2 stones then equals something like what, 14 pounds?? I don't think that will hurt you, in your photo icon, you look very slender to begin with!!

Owlyvamp.....uh yeah, busy

online for sure, lol I was so happily surprised to see all those posts of yours!! You were leader of the top daily posters!!!!!

Viking, so nice to hear from you as well, sounds like a fun time was had by all at the fair, i remember my daughter riding a Camel when she was little, and insisted she go by herself!! She did great too, and had a wonderful time, they had sort of a cage thing about where the kids sat so she was quite safe! Had fun, as Im sure vikette did as well!!

Hi to Carol,and Linda as well, hope all is well with mom in law today linda, and carol, hope you get time to crochet today lol..

Viking, yeah about the plain squares, I usually let the color and stuff enhance my plain grannys, so still, each one is different. I prefer to make them plain, as they relax me more, i can do them with my eyes closed, lol and i don't have to fiddle with different patterns a lot that way, therefor quicker!!

Oh boy, brunch is "atmorrow" as my daughter when younger used to say! Im ready, house is as good at it is going to get, and I will prepare most of the food tonight, and bake it off in the am....

well it's almost 3, where do the time go, lol

Im off for a bit, finding little things here, and there to do, but mostly, all is in order, now to just keep it that way till tomorrow, lol I think we'll eat out!! lolllll, yay.........keep the kitchen clean!

Have a wonderful time at the brunch, I'm sure everyone will love everything you've prepared for it.

almost had a new used car,my car is a '95 its got 150,000 miles on it.

I am fine with it,run,thats all that matters,I'm slowing down in my driving,but hubby doesn't like that it doesn't have air anymore

heck the other nine months when I don't need air,its fine,

anyway,he brought this car he was interested in to our mechanic,come to find out,the car isn't locally owned as he thought,it was originally from way Upstate NY,and was badly rusted out from their weather conditions,oh well,told him thanks but did the fist pump that I still had my own car.

Oh, and Katy things are still darn tense here,I am not one to pretend to be nice,and it can't be forced on me,when he tried to cajol me into that this morning,I said if I speak to her I'll probably say stop your damn crying cause its not helping you or us,end of discussion.

Sorry the car didn't work out. Hope family things are better soon.

Here is the granny square stars.

Then here is the scarf I made it's not as tight as the knitting but I finished it in less than 45 minutes.

Those are very pretty.

I am tired today, Wednesday seem to be such long days. I need to stop at Walmart after work and then I'm babystitting the grandkids for a while tonight. Hopefully I can squeeze in some stitching time too.

Have a great day!

kuddles have a good day at work. It's only up from here on. You can do if you want to. Not saying it's not going to be hard but you can do it.

Today I hope to get in some more time to make stars and some christmas trees. Maybe some star coasters too for christmas presents.

Thank you everyone.

I was thinking we should start a ornament swap. What do you all think? Depending how many people we can send one or two ornaments. Plus you could if wanted to put in some goodies .buts that's optional.

that sounds like a neat idea,mine would have to be something other than crochet though

It doesn't matter if it's crocheted or not just as long as it's homemade. So one taker on the christmas ornaments anymore?

Katy how did your brunch gathering go?

I bet it was lots of fun and I'm sure they all loved the birds and nest. How many came?

kuddles have a good day at work. It's only up from here on. You can do if you want to. Not saying it's not going to be hard but you can do it.

Today I hope to get in some more time to make stars and some christmas trees. Maybe some star coasters too for christmas presents.

Thanks.......today I had to field phone calls and emails from people wondering what is up and I can only say 'he is on leave'. He isn't, but for now I have to say it.

Had to go thru all his stuff and he never threw one piece of paper away ever. I sure did! I'm exhausted!

Thanks everyone for caring!

kuddles

Some people are pack rats. I used to be that way but now getting tired of the cluttered look and want to start purging my stuff after I move. I'll be able to go through each box better and down size.

sandra, sounds like a good idea, why don' t you post it on it's own thread, as it might get more takers, unless it is your idea to have it just with us, our group.  I don't crochet that small, ha ha, and I would have no clue what to get for someone, so ideas anyone,  lol

I'm up (well Lucky started his whining at 4:55 so I got up before he could bark) and so is Kiddles. Tired but not horrible. Today will be a better day.......had to get yesterday over with.

Now onward and upward - serving 'my' special need kids and doing it correctly! Woot!

Have a great day all,

kuddles

You have about you dear Kuddles, a monumentally exceptional fabulisticly wonder=uetiful attitude!!!!!

while others are alot chattier than I

I thought I would make post # 3,000 right here

and now I must get up and get some stuff done at the 'ol homestead,lol

Congrats Linda!!!!!! now multiply that by what, 14, and that is how many hats you have made this year, lololol

on other subjects, brunch went really well, so much fun, we didn't get to do the picture thing, we'll do it next time at the next one in line's house, cause a few people forgot their pic, I had my.......Farrah Faucet Hair Pic all ready for them too, lol   and they all did love the nesties!!

sandra, sounds like a good idea, why don' t you post it on it's own thread, as it might get more takers, unless it is your idea to have it just with us, our group.  I don't crochet that small, ha ha, and I would have no clue what to get for someone, so ideas anyone,  lol

You have about you dear Kuddles, a monumentally exceptional fabulisticly wonder=uetiful attitude!!!!!

Congrats Linda!!!!!! now multiply that by what, 14, and that is how many hats you have made this year, lololol

Oh I wish I had that many hats done,when I hit that crochet slump,the hats waited and waited for my return,I have only 20 made,need 30 more

Well here's my idea just don't know if I want to make it big.

*Christmas ornament swap 2013*

Hi Everyone...this will be the first Christmas Ornament swap. Here are the details and if you have any questions PM me.

Christmas/Holiday Ornament Swap Guidelines

1. Sign up by October 10th 2013

Mail on November 9th,2013 so they are there in plenty of time to use and enjoy for Christmas.

2. Ornament should be handmade. It doesn't *have* to be crocheted, but it does have to be handmade.

3. Each person can do up to two ornaments.

4. This will be a direct person to person mailing to save postage. I will email you the person (people) that you are sending to by October 19th.

5. This will be an international swap so if mailing internationally is a concern for you, please let me know in a PM.

6. If you would like to participate, please PM me the following information:

Screen name

Real name

Address

# of ornaments that you want to swap (1 or 2)

7. Make sure that you enclose a note to let your person know who you are !

8. Please read the guidelines for all swaps http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/132025-copyrighttrademark-guidelines-for-swaps-and-raoks-everyone-read/

9. Have tons of Fun getting ready for the holidays and let your creativity flow! PM me is you have any questions.

10. This is a secret swap and you will not necessarily be mailing to the same person you will receive from.

What do all think ..

Katy there would be no worries about what the other person likes or not. You would just make one or two ornaments get the names and mail it. This would be a worry free swap.

Morning.......kiddles is off today so I am as well. We are taking a friend to .....her colonoscopy this morning! How fun for us all! LOL

I'm hoping to sew this weekend. I have my mother's purse all ready (prep done) and it's been sitting for a few weeks! I really want to start it!

And I want to forget my 'worries' of work....

Thanks for the caring you've shown!

hugs,

kuddles

Good Morning,

Katie, glad the brunch went well, I knew everyone would love their nests.

Kuddles, sewing always seems to help distract me from worries, hope you'll share a pic of the purse when it's finished.

I am soooooo glad it's Friday. I'm ready to sleep a little extra tomorrow. My plans for the weekend are sewing and crocheting on Saturday anyways, Sunday is always busy with church and family.

Have a fantastic Friday and a great weekend.

Good morning everyone!

Hope you all have a productive Friday.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and slept well. For me well I think sleep isn't in my future these nights.

kuddles hope all goes well with friend. I also hope you get to sew this weekend. I know what' it's like to not to sew for a while. That's me. I can't wait till I get back to sewing.

Hello all Squares!!!

Guess what?? Its almost the end of the month,,,,,,,,,,,the random number generator has chosen someone to step in for Oct Queen, and yours truley will soon be pm'g her to see if she would like to accept this honor, or pass to another..Silly as that may sound, lol, I thought I should at least offer the option!!

Honex, your reign is coming to an end, how do you feel about passing on the crown, how many have you received to date, did you get enough to complete your ghan, minus one or two, lol.....Please let us hear from you!! And i must have the crown on the last day this month, so I can have it cleaned and adjusted, for our new queenie, I sure hope you enjoyed your reign, we enjoyed spoiling you a bit!!!

As for the swap, I have never done a swap, so don't know if you need to follow forum rules when you post it, I would ask someone that has run swaps before, as to protocol, I would think, to drop a couple helpful names, tiffer93, or auntbubbles, or anyone running a swap right now would be able to shed some light on proceedure, or amy or donna, certainly....

I think it's a great idea, not sure yet if I would sign up, but who knows, I may get bitten by the creative crochet bug soon, and come up with something, lol I think it should be a separate thread however, open to all, Im sure it wouldn't get too big, but a swap is a swap, and belongs in the swap category, or so I have been told, lol good luck.....

everyone else, stay tuned, we have Honex's departing speech to look for, and our new Queen's acceptance speech, and passing of the crown soon!!!!!

happy friday to all, and of course you are welcome Kuddles, we know you can do it, after all, lol

take care all.........

I like the no worries swap idea, lol If you have any trouble finding someone to guide you on proceedure, i have a couple more names I thought of that might be able to help... So I hope it goes well!! If i don't join, I will certainly look in and follow the fun anyway!

OK, OK, soooo I broke my promise to self and daughter...I vowed to NOT buy anymore yarn til stash was used up...Wouldn't you know that I started a baby blanket for oldest daughter's friend using a baby pink that I thought I had enough of...You got it ...not enough, so off to Michael's I go and bought a one pounder...Now I have enough...

Weather here pleasant...72 this AM so opened windows after checking to see if A/C was on...Think I'll just use fan today, but if it gets hot in here will definitely turn A/C back on...

Hope everyone is going to have a great day today...Back to the hook...

Okay I will go ask some questions and get back to you all whether I do it or not.

I'm going after the grandchildren here in an hour so I won't be on for a little bit or will be just checking in over the weekend.

Got to get lots of hugs and kisses from them. I miss them so much.

Hi Everyone!  I figured since I'm awake for a few minutes that I'd pop in to visit,lol.  Still nothing new on the health front.  I try to get a little crocheting in each day, but not too much is getting done.

Kuddles, I'm so sorry that you are going thru such a mess at work.  Hopefully things will be better for you now though, once things settle down.

Owlvamp, your scarf was very pretty and I love the granny stars!  Are the stars a free pattern that you can share or did you purchase them?  I'd like to try some. 

Becca, glad things worked out for you at work.  Don't stress too much about your weight, it'll come off.

Katie, glad your get together went well.  Those bird nests are adorable.

Ok, I'm fading quick. See you all later.  Have a great weekend. Hugs...

Archived