Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello Royal Subjects:

I am sorry that I have not been active as of late.  Had a doctor's appointment/follow-up.  I have been having some oozing from the scar tissue for a couple of weeks.  Long story short, she opened up the wound again.  It's not very wide, but boy is it deep.  She packed, like a foot of gauze in there (which I now have to change twice a day).  It's more painful than before and bleeds a lot more.

That being said, I did receive some puffies.  Sorry for the late thank you, but see above....

First I'd like to thank grannyannie for the four purple squares she sent me.  One of the squares has a purple background and like a 3-D white flower in the middle.  It's really cool!

I'd also like to thank cshort for the four squares she sent.  Two of hers have centers that resemble flowers.  All of the squares seem to be a different pattern. 

Thank you ladies for your gifts of squares.  I sure hope you took pictures so that the other can see the royal goodness that I get to enjoy.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening! My cousin's baby shower was today, and when she opened the blanket I made for her, she (and the rest of us) were in tears. She said it reminded her of our grandma. It was such a touching moment, and it reminds me why baby blankets are my favorite thing to crochet!

Awe that was a very special moments. That's why we crochet is to put smiles on others faces. I'm happy all went well. My daughters baby shower will be in January. I will make her stuff because everyone else will buy it. When I move and get settle down plan on make burp cloths and some receiving blankets. Yes the rag diaper bag too. I have that all cut just need to get it all sewed up. We. Got the crib and changing table already.

Oh Honex I'm so sorry. That does sound painful. I hope it heals really fast. Keep taking your vitamins and even a vitamin c which will help heal you faster. My niece when she had her first baby had a csection and it Had to heal from the inside out.long story so she had to pack it for a couple months. Thank goodness yours is small.

Just heal fast and have a speedy recovery.

I actually got 4 hours of sleep last night and then 1 more hour. I'll go back to bed in a little while.

The blue hat and little blankie is made from Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. (Little Cosmos)

The pink hat and little blankie is made from Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.( Little Petunias)

post-48736-0-00577000-1379844646_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Honex99, so sorry to hear of your issues! I'll say a little prayer that it gets better, and fast!

Mandy, so great!

Owlvamp, great picture!

Katy - howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To everyone else, active or not, have a great day!

kuddles

Good evening! My cousin's baby shower was today, and when she opened the blanket I made for her, she (and the rest of us) were in tears. She said it reminded her of our grandma. It was such a touching moment, and it reminds me why baby blankets are my favorite thing to crochet!

mandymae, sounds like everyone is enjoying your gift. I made afghans for a friend and her husband when they had their first baby last year and second one this year. The husband loved the afghans, his mother died when he was a teenager and she used to crochet and sew for him and his brother. I am now making a baby afghan for his brother's first child due in Nov. We never know how many lives we touch when we share our talents.

Hello Royal Subjects:

I am sorry that I have not been active as of late.  Had a doctor's appointment/follow-up.  I have been having some oozing from the scar tissue for a couple of weeks.  Long story short, she opened up the wound again.  It's not very wide, but boy is it deep.  She packed, like a foot of gauze in there (which I now have to change twice a day).  It's more painful than before and bleeds a lot more.

That being said, I did receive some puffies.  Sorry for the late thank you, but see above....

First I'd like to thank grannyannie for the four purple squares she sent me.  One of the squares has a purple background and like a 3-D white flower in the middle.  It's really cool!

I'd also like to thank cshort for the four squares she sent.  Two of hers have centers that resemble flowers.  All of the squares seem to be a different pattern. 

Thank you ladies for your gifts of squares.  I sure hope you took pictures so that the other can see the royal goodness that I get to enjoy.

Honex99, I'm praying that you'll heal quickly. I did take a picture of the squares and yes they were all different patterns.

post-4459-0-46401000-1379853653_thumb.jpg

The blue hat and little blankie is made from Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. (Little Cosmos)

The pink hat and little blankie is made from Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.( Little Petunias)

owlvamp, those are very pretty. Sounds like you had a very nice visit with your family too.

I finished the outfit for my little friend yesterday.

post-4459-0-19344400-1379854122_thumb.jpg

And then spent the late afternoon and evening crocheting on the baby blanket mentioned above. I slept soooo good last night best sleep I've had in a couple of weeks. This morning is Sunday school and church, then lunch out with family and friends. Then the grandkids will come home with me for the afternoon until we head back to church this evening, Sunday's are not slow days for me but they are very enjoyable. I hope to pop back in later today.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

oooh, lovely eye candy!! Thanks for sharing everyone! I too will have some later today maybe, of some pretty sashay scarves Im amassing, lol, Never know when you need a giftee for someone, and I do have brunch buddies lol so we''ll see, that is IF i can chose which ones I am willing to part with!!!!!!!!!

for my brunch later this week, i told the invitees to eat, they must bring a pic of themselves when they were younger, grade school, baby pics, just got married, whatever they have, lol that pic will be thier ticket to brunch! After we eat, I will hand everyone someone's pic, or have them pic one from the bowl, and they will say who they think it is, mine will be easy,  lol me and jen , I still look much the same, but she sure grew up, lol

So, had to find that in my bins of pics, least they are all in albums, I did that as a project a few years back, so no one else would have to sort through them all, lol

Other than that, nice day, good weather, and another weekend coming to an end for those of you heading back to work on monday,,,,,

Have a good evning, which as I understand begins at 6 pm, ha ha, that is where and when afternoon stops,,,,,,and evening begins, so they say........ I would have though as much, just common sense!

cshort, great minnie outfit! Love!

Katy, I feel like I couldn't do those scarves! You are a machine! good for you!

Three walks today, two with Lucky, she is doing her reading now (for school, 20 min a day) but she got her entire spelling packet done, now just to practice the words all week!

I'm tuckered out! Time to sit and maybe, just maybe, crochet!

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

Girls went back to college.:( that's never a good time for me. But we had a good day together. I made the one daughter stuffed peppers. She just loves them and sent some back with her along with brownies and banana cake I make. So they were set.

oh kuddles, I know you could do them, and way better than I do too!! I have seen  your work girl, in fact, I own some pretty cute owly writsters, and a nice tote that i know I COULD not do either, lol

Carol, good for you, nice end to a nice weekend for you..

Sandra, wow, girl, you can cook stuffed peppers, I love them too, i remember when my mom made them, umm umm good! I dont get them often, so that really sounds delish to me!!

And brownies, and cake.........sheesh!!

Ann, hoping all is well with you, angel, you are ok as well, and everyone else we haven't heard from lately, you are missed......

Im feeling a bit overwhelmed here today, as so much to do, to ready for the brunch, sheesh, I don't suppose anyone will care or even notice for that matter, but I always try to dust and do mirrors, and wash throw rugs, and stuff like that, besides the reg stuff, and I haven't much started yet! Well there is time I guess...lol

Another gorgeous day, and all the coming week looks great too!

Gotta remember to check out my trifle recipe too, where did I put that, in which book did I get it from, oh well, Im sure there is one exactly like it on line somewhere.......lol That will be desert Im thinking!!

\

Hope you all have a grand and glorious Monday morning, and I will check in with you during my breaks from dusting and such, lol         take care!

Hello there friendly Squares!   I'm hanging in there.  Doing some crocheting when I'm awake.  I was in bed basically all day Sunday, between a migraine and weakness it was just better to stay in bed.  I finally managed to get up at 7pm.  Nothing new with the insurance.  Thanks for all the love and caring you guys, it's appreciated.. :hug

Katie, no you're package still hasn't arrived.  Maybe tomorrow, or should I say today since it's after midnight, lol.Oh!  I saw your scarves, wow, wtg.  they are awesome!

cshort, love the bag! And the squares you sent to Honex99 are beautiful.  The outfit you posted is adorable too, :lol

owlvamp, hope you are feeling better.  Love the pretty baby things you posted!  How wonderful, a craftroom!  Good luck with the move.  I don't know anyone with majic jack, sorry.

Kuddles, Hope all went well with the audit.  It's wonderful that Kiddles new school offers the extra help. Hope Lucky lets you get some sleep soon! :hug

yarnoverforlove, LOL, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :lol  I don't have a light up hook, but when  we loose power I use our battery operated lamps.

Honex99, I'm so sorry that you are still suffering, but happy to hear that my squares have arrived!  Yes I used all different patterns for mine.  I'll try to post pics.

I think that's all for now.  I'll try to post pics of the squares that I sent Honex later in the day.  they're on my desk top and I don't have the energy to get there at the moment.  When I get back from having my port accessed today I'll do it if not before.  Hugs all around!

Good Morning,

Sleep wasn't very good for me last night either :yawn , which is going to make for a long day at work. 

Katie, it sounds like you are very busy.

owlvamp, I haven't made stuffed peppers in years, I might have to dig out that recipe.

grannyannie, thank you for the compliments on my projects.

Nothing too interesting today, work, housework and hopefully some crocheting tonight. :crocheting

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday! :)

I'm off to the foot dr.

and he will ask again why my nails grow so darn fast,and I'll tell him again its those darn whole grains that they are putting in everything,lol

have a great day everyone,just getting away from the house is a great day for me

Hello lovely squares!!!!

Wow, I've been away far too long, how will I ever catch up?! 

Had a really tough week last week, but it ended with my birthday yesterday and that's as good a reason as any to try and turn things around and make a fresh start... I had a meeting at the hospital to hear the results of the investigation conducted as a result of me raising concerns, and they found evidence to support every single one of my claims and have therefore made an 10 point action plan and introduced a lot of changes. Finally I can leave that all behind me safe in the knowledge that things will improve. And really good news is that they have agreed to fund as much counselling as I need instead of the original 6 sessions only. 

So, things are looking up :) 

The kittens are 7 weeks old now and all of them have homes to go to in a couple of weeks time. I will miss them all so much but I'm happy they all have good homes to move to :) 

I've finished off the 2 'ghans I was making for my friend's niece and nephew, and have been doing lots of cross stitch :) And for my birthday my OH bought me a tapestry cushion front kit with a lovely butterfly picture on it that I'm working on right away :) 

I'm sorry I can't catch up with all that has been happening, but suffice to say I'M BACK! Haha! And sending love and friendship to you all  :ghug

Good morning everyone! Hope for those going off to work have a good day!

For those of you staying still have a food day! :)

Mine will be some packing and feeding the dogs and doing the dishes.

Then resting when needed.

Archived