Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday!  :yay  :cheer  :clap

I had a nice long message with quotes but the computer and I seem to be having issues.

Soooooo... 

Katie it sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.

Becca, I am sorry to hear about your aunt and friend, I hope things are going better soon.

Pineknott, I hope today is a better day for you.

Dragonlady5, those little pants are too cute, I need to check out your patterns.

Grannyannie, owlvamp, bgs, angelroselite and kuddlekubs it's great to hear from you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm working today, stopping at Joanns on the way home. Then it's home to make the dinner that my oldest daughter requested since tomorrow is her birthday.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Good morning gals!

SO glad it is Friday! What a week! But the last two nites I've slept better than in a while, since 'it' happened at work. I feel more organized and for now, trying to just do my work. The big wigs are already talking about a replacement for him, of course they won't ask, the lowly Secretary for input, but oh well! I'm just happy I slept! And now if Lucky whines, I say firmly 'quiet' and he does. Only had to do it once last nite! I'm getting there Squares!

Got an email this morning from e-patterns central: EYJOLLY code will get you 40% off if you spend $12! Just passing along the info.....

Well I need to get moving! Have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone!

Yep it's Friday thank goodness . Well not really still lots of work to get done.

One load of laundry left. Thank goodness for that.

Got the bed sheets striped and washed. Washed all the blankets too. I'm already exhausted this morning.

Harlie needed to potty at 2 in the morning and after that she was restless which. Are me restless and I haven't slept sense.

I'm going back to sleep for a little ladies while Harlie is sleeping.

I think I was a vampire in the past life!

I need to find me a coffin to sleep in maybe I'll sleep better.LOL

Good Morning!  Two days in a row again, let's see if I can break my record and post again tomorrow, lol. I don't have anything new from yesterday, just wanted to say hello! 

I lurked a bit earlier

mil couldn't find her pillows this am,she put them in a diff place than usual and put all her stuffed animals on top

there was alot of screaming,people come in her room and move her things and she is sick of it.

sil had to have a replacement feeding tube put in this am

the high point is the sun is shining and we heard from an aunt in Canada that we haven't heard from since she went to her cottage in april.

Gosh I hope things would get easier for you.  It's difficult day in/day out, but you always put a positive spin on it. :hug

Grannyannie, thank you very much!  They are easy to make.  I'm almost done with the black one, but I put it aside to finish the bags first.  You're going to love it :)

I'm counting on it being easy. You might get pestered with some questions if I get stuck, lol. 

I added another pattern to my ravelry store. I started making these last Christmas and Sold quite a few

52910_10151220480301406_529164189_o1.jpg

Katy I got your package Today. Wow I feel like a queen. I just kept pulling squares out. 12 squares in all. TY So much. I havent gotten a picture yet but I will asap but if u want to post yours go ahead. AgainTY  :ty  :day

This pattern is adorable!  It's going on my wish list immediately.  Hopefully I'll be able to purchase it next month.

Hi ya everyone, Im home again now.....Car has been lubed, oiled, and rotated,(wish I could say the same about me, my chasis needs work, lol ) he asked about rotating the tires, and I said,  they seem to turn fine, I told him,  when Im moving, only when the car is parked are they not rotating!! The mechanic laughed, and I just smiled, Im sure he doesn't yet know if I was kidding, like I was, or not, lol it was free, so what the hec I told him Go for it! .lol

Then off to the thrift store over there , and found nothing, so left there, had a bite at Don and Millies, went to the grocery store, and was going to stop at hobby lobby, but that was all the way back the other way, and I passed a walgreens, so stopped in there quickly, got my flu shot, and then came home, and forgot all about hobby lobby, but there is always tomorrow!!!

Ann, you are another optimist! Glad to hear from you, hope all is easing up a bit for you as well.

My goodness I get tired just reading about all the running around you do, lol.  You're always upbeat too and always know how to bring a smile on a dreary day, thank you.

It's really not difficult.  The hardest part was going to Home Depot to look for the fiberboard.  It was harder when it turned out they only had styrofoam insulation.  Luckily they have something called sound board to soundproof a room, I guess.  It looks a lot like a corkboard for pinning notes, but it's denser and thicker.  They sell it in a big, big sheet; so I had the young man there cut it into six equal pieces.  The tape you see in three sections is masking tape used to tape two sheets together.  Then you wrap it all in shrink wrap all in one direction, and then you turn it and wrap it again going across the first wrapping.  You then use packing tape to tape down the end of the shrink wrap and you also tape all the four side edges.  That was all there was to it.

LOL, sounds pretty difficult to me, lol.  Actually, I could never get any one to take me to Home Depot or the likes to get the fiberboard so I gave up and bought a cutting mat. All this money I spent and it all sits unused.

Whoa you gals have been talking!!!!

To answer your question, work went fine today. I organized into separate piles, and I've been data inputting like crazy. I may never catch up!

Gotta scoot and get Kiddles from after care! Have a great nite!

kuddles

Glad work went well. Hang in there! :hug

I had a nice long message with quotes but the computer and I seem to be having issues.

Soooooo... 

Grannyannie, owlvamp, bgs, angelroselite and kuddlekubs it's great to hear from you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm working today, stopping at Joanns on the way home. Then it's home to make the dinner that my oldest daughter requested since tomorrow is her birthday.

Have a fabulous Friday!

So good to hear from you.  Have a great day and wonderful birthday dinner for your daughter.

Good morning gals!

SO glad it is Friday! What a week! But the last two nites I've slept better than in a while, since 'it' happened at work. I feel more organized and for now, trying to just do my work. The big wigs are already talking about a replacement for him, of course they won't ask, the lowly Secretary for input, but oh well! I'm just happy I slept! And now if Lucky whines, I say firmly 'quiet' and he does. Only had to do it once last nite! I'm getting there Squares!

Got an email this morning from e-patterns central: EYJOLLY code will get you 40% off if you spend $12! Just passing along the info.....

kuddles

WooHoo, good boy, Lucky, lol. Thanks for the code too, hopefully I'll resist. :D

Good morning everyone!

Yep it's Friday thank goodness . Well not really still lots of work to get done.
Got the bed sheets striped and washed. Washed all the blankets too. I'm already exhausted this morning.
Harlie needed to potty at 2 in the morning and after that she was restless which. Are me restless and I haven't slept sense.

Sounds like your getting better, slow but sure.  Don't overdo. :hug

With out further Ado.....  Ladies and .... well, Umm... Ladies?  My first official duty as Queen.......  My first Package from Katy 

12 Gorgeous 6 inch squares.  They have been sitting aside of the other squares adjusting to their surroundings but Today they will casually make their way over to the other squares and take their place at home.  Thanks Bunches Katy. I was so surprised to see so many crammed into the package.  

19394EB2-orig.jpg

Now on a side note. I know some of you have trouble with pictures I wanted to share a tip. I am sure alot of us do this but there might be a few that dont.  

I use photobucket to post my pictures. all you have to do it find the picture u want click the image link and it automatically copies it to ur clipboard so u cant paste it eleswhere.  You can import picture from facebook to there and make seperate folders for different things. Now the best part..... there is an app for your phone called snap bucket you can use the app to take a picture with your phone (or import pics from your phone using the app) and it will load the picture to ur photobucket. So you dont have to hook ur phone up to your computer or take out your sd card from ur phone to put pics on ur computer.

Hey all. Guess what? Im Back! Just moved, been in for a week. Hope you all are doing good :)

Woo Hoo!

With out further Ado.....  Ladies and .... well, Umm... Ladies?  My first official duty as Queen.......  My first Package from Katy 

12 Gorgeous 6 inch squares.  They have been sitting aside of the other squares adjusting to their surroundings but Today they will casually make their way over to the other squares and take their place at home.  Thanks Bunches Katy. I was so surprised to see so many crammed into the package.  

Yippee!

Good Morning!  Two days in a row again, let's see if I can break my record and post again tomorrow, lol. I don't have anything new from yesterday, just wanted to say hello! 

Gosh I hope things would get easier for you.  It's difficult day in/day out, but you always put a positive spin on it. :hug

Glad work went well. Hang in there! :hug

WooHoo, good boy, Lucky, lol. Thanks for the code too, hopefully I'll resist. :D

Hi Ann honey! thanks, glad some things are going well! Hope you feel good today!

Good morning everyone!

Take a break!

kuddles

Hey all. Guess what? Im Back! Just moved, been in for a week. Hope you all are doing good :)

Howdy!!!

19394EB2-orig.jpg

Now on a side note. I know some of you have trouble with pictures I wanted to share a tip. I am sure alot of us do this but there might be a few that dont.  

I use photobucket to post my pictures. all you have to do it find the picture u want click the image link and it automatically copies it to ur clipboard so u cant paste it eleswhere.  You can import picture from facebook to there and make seperate folders for different things. Now the best part..... there is an app for your phone called snap bucket you can use the app to take a picture with your phone (or import pics from your phone using the app) and it will load the picture to ur photobucket. So you dont have to hook ur phone up to your computer or take out your sd card from ur phone to put pics on ur computer.

Very nice squares!

Woo Hoo!

Yippee!

Hi Ann honey! thanks, glad some things are going well! Hope you feel good today!

Take a break!

kuddles

:hug

Lacey!! welcome back girlfriend!!!!!!

Thanks viking!!

GOod to see you all posting happily along in my short absense today, lol

Glad its friday too, i think I am taking tomorrow as MY Mental Health day, and not going , or doing anything I don't wanna, lol... Anyone with me on this! lol

Im headache free, so far most of the day, mild migrine I guess, but not so bad  today, so hopefully it's on it's way out

and had some serious weather just south of us, had about a million or so warnings and alerts in my email, lol

So, bedtime is looming, Im tired tonight, hi to all that posted, and have a great weekend all, see you tomorrow!!!!!

It's 4am in the morning (haha,does that phrasing drive anyone else as nutty as it drives me?) and I don't know how long I've been awake! Little Viking woke up crying and after I got him back to sleep, I couldn't fall back asleep. Don't know why. I've been fatigued for four days now and I didn't nap last night, which is what usually keeps me awake when I can't sleep.

We've got a long drive ahead of us tomorrow, too - up to Long Island to visit Yai-Yai and Grandpa. Though come to think of it, it won't be too long a drive since we're actually meeting them in NYC first. So the driving will be well split up. And we're going to see - drumroll........ a real live space shuttle!! Can't wait to see the look on the little guy's face. :D

Random thought - haven't seen skoggy or aussiepaula around for a while?

I wish I could clone myself so I could get all the projects done that are flooding my head right now. Or that I had a robot I could teach to crochet or something! If I ever come up with one, I'll share. ;)

Hmm, let's ask a question of everybody. That will help pass the time. Question, question.... Ah! What is one crochet item that you would really like to make, but haven't come across a pattern for yet, whether you design your own or not? Hey, I honestly hadn't thought of this when I came up with the question, but who knows? Maybe somebody will post a pattern wish that somebody else can fulfill!

For my part, I've long thought there must be a way to use a shell stitch to good advantage for an Asian-style dragon, and I even have yarn I'd intended for one, but I never have figured something satisfactory out - not even preliminary steps in my head!

Well Katy good morning! I hope you can do your stress free do what I want day today! Let us know how that goes!

VikingRunner - wow! I think Kiddles would like to see that too, heck I would like to see one!

Today we get 'rid' of Lucky for a full 3 hours! He is going to Petco to get groomed (he's been once, they did a great job and reasonable) so Ahhhhhhhh freedom!

Then tomorrow Kiddles will be gone for 4 hours and me and a friend are going to hang out! Walk, lunch, movie maybe? Don't know yet! I'd love to see Gravity but my friend wouldn't be up for that type of movie so...who knows and who cares! I get some time away from Kiddles which will be good for both of us!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning gals!

kuddles

Glad you and Lucky are sleeping better. Thanks for sharing the discount code.

Good morning everyone!

I hope you got some rest after all that work.

Good to see you posting 2 days in a row, will we see you for a 3rd day?

Welcome back!

19394EB2-orig.jpg

Those are very pretty squares.

Lacey!! welcome back girlfriend!!!!!!

Thanks viking!!

GOod to see you all posting happily along in my short absense today, lol

Glad its friday too, i think I am taking tomorrow as MY Mental Health day, and not going , or doing anything I don't wanna, lol... Anyone with me on this! lol

Im headache free, so far most of the day, mild migrine I guess, but not so bad  today, so hopefully it's on it's way out

and had some serious weather just south of us, had about a million or so warnings and alerts in my email, lol

So, bedtime is looming, Im tired tonight, hi to all that posted, and have a great weekend all, see you tomorrow!!!!!

Enjoy your mental health day. I have friends who look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my goals for Saturdays is to not leave my house or do any cleaning ( I do it during the week), I have some place to go every day except Saturday and I love being home to relax and enjoy my hobbies on Saturday.

It's 4am in the morning (haha,does that phrasing drive anyone else as nutty as it drives me?) and I don't know how long I've been awake! Little Viking woke up crying and after I got him back to sleep, I couldn't fall back asleep. Don't know why. I've been fatigued for four days now and I didn't nap last night, which is what usually keeps me awake when I can't sleep.

We've got a long drive ahead of us tomorrow, too - up to Long Island to visit Yai-Yai and Grandpa. Though come to think of it, it won't be too long a drive since we're actually meeting them in NYC first. So the driving will be well split up. And we're going to see - drumroll........ a real live space shuttle!! Can't wait to see the look on the little guy's face. :D

I wish I could clone myself so I could get all the projects done that are flooding my head right now. Or that I had a robot I could teach to crochet or something! If I ever come up with one, I'll share. ;)

Hmm, let's ask a question of everybody. That will help pass the time. Question, question.... Ah! What is one crochet item that you would really like to make, but haven't come across a pattern for yet, whether you design your own or not? Hey, I honestly hadn't thought of this when I came up with the question, but who knows? Maybe somebody will post a pattern wish that somebody else can fulfill!

For my part, I've long thought there must be a way to use a shell stitch to good advantage for an Asian-style dragon, and I even have yarn I'd intended for one, but I never have figured something satisfactory out - not even preliminary steps in my head!

Sounds like you have a fun day planned, I bet the little guy is going to love it. Have a great time.

Well Katy good morning! I hope you can do your stress free do what I want day today! Let us know how that goes!

VikingRunner - wow! I think Kiddles would like to see that too, heck I would like to see one!

Today we get 'rid' of Lucky for a full 3 hours! He is going to Petco to get groomed (he's been once, they did a great job and reasonable) so Ahhhhhhhh freedom!

Then tomorrow Kiddles will be gone for 4 hours and me and a friend are going to hang out! Walk, lunch, movie maybe? Don't know yet! I'd love to see Gravity but my friend wouldn't be up for that type of movie so...who knows and who cares! I get some time away from Kiddles which will be good for both of us!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Nice plans for the weekend, enjoy your "Lucky free time" today and your time with your friend tomorrow.

I'm hoping to finish a dress for a little friend of mine today. I'm babysitting my grandkids this evening while my daughter's hubby takes her to dinner for her birthday.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

Ohhh, I know that feeling of relief! My parents are keeping our dog for us and much as I love her it was nice having a quiet house last night!

We're heading out in a few - I was hoping to crochet on the way up, but given that I never made it back to sleep last night, I may just be napping.

Huzzah, the weekend!

VikingRunnerGirl ---- in my signature is my wish list for patterns I want to try for my daughters baby shower blanket.

I have the zebra appliqué but would love to try the rest.

I was wondering about Skoggy and Paula also

Off hand I can't think of a pattern I havent found or didn't figure out 

The Dragon...... You got me thinking now.. I have an idea now to put it to the test.  I will let you know

We made it! It was *very* much worth the trip, even all tired out. We didn't actually get to the shuttle pavilion until well after noon, and during the week the small one naps from noon to two at school, and then I'd just had no sleep last night. So we were both beat. He'd already said multiple times that he was ready to leave! But when we finally saw the shuttle it was allll worth it.

He held my hand tight, and said "Wow, iss so big! Iss so big!!" in such an awed voice; it was a perfect moment. Just perfect. I definitely recommend the trip! And of course we stopped at the gift shop and he has a brand new space shuttle toy and he is over the moon about it. It's named Roger, of course, and later at the park he was changing Roger's diaper at "the changing table" (actually a trough at a water play area). Now we're on the way to Yai-yai's and he's out cold! I plan on joining him soon. :)

post-62070-0-10297000-1381003205_thumb.jpg

Where is everyone today? It's really really slow here. Miss you all come back. I almost feel like Home Alone Movie . I'm all a lone and feeling sad because my family is gone unless you all are off looking at my wish list.:)LOL

Where is everyone today? It's really really slow here. Miss you all come back. I almost feel like Home Alone Movie . I'm all a lone and feeling sad because my family is gone unless you all are off looking at my wish list.:)LOL

No kidding! I even wandered off looking at other threads for a while and I *never* have time for that anymore; it's usually all I can do to catch up on this one! :lol

Yeah I noticed it was pretty slow. We had band today. Out in the rain soaking wet. get the pit and props to the field just in time for the judges to decide everyone was going into the gym for a standstill performance. Got done and loaded and headed to our next location, had 2 performances tonight, on the way down they canceled the salem Comp. So we are home 3 hours early.

Archived