Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning Everyone!

I have my first patern for sale on ravelry. Already sold one. Been a rough morning was up at 530 with my mind racing. Never did get back to sleep before I had to get up for work Gonna be a long day

Congratulations on your pattern, hope you sell lots of them.

Woot! Bought 20 for $20! I was in heaven!

kuddles

That is a great buy, enjoy them. I'm not much of a reader any more but I do enjoy audio books while I'm stitching sometimes.

Okay well looks like it is a win win situation.
My moving is on hold for just a little bit. Tired of living in boxes but till need to keep plugging along and finish packing and soon will be able to get it all done. Just making sure the landlord has everything in order with the house and there was a water leak he is fixing. So I have to be patient. It's very hard.

I hope everything works out soon so you can get out of those boxes. We had our house all packed up once to move and a week before we were to close on the new house we found out there were 4 mortgages and a lean on the house so we lived out of boxes for a few months until be found another house, very frustrating.

wow, what a shock ... Guess what>???? give up,,,

I WON THE MARY JO TOTE THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, im so excited, you can see my post on her thread here post 77   , and a pic, wow, i never even imagined, this is like getting an emmy or something, wow, thank you mary jo!!!!!!!!!! Check it out in my signature......I can finally post that!!!!!!!! Bag LAdy, number 91!! She must make them in her sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Ill have sweet dreams tonight!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You will feel this happy every time you look at your bag and feel so proud when someone ask where you got it, at least I do anyway and I've had mine for 2 years.

How do you win won of those bags katy? I miss it every time. Do I need to sign up and when?

Congratulations!! You are so excited and it shows. Way to go hope you enjoy your bag.

Mary Jo doesn't have sign ups for the bags, she decides each month who she will send it to. 

I'm working today and then meeting a friend from church at Joanns. we need to buy fabric to make angel wings for a production some of our teens are doing at the end of the month. I made a sample of the picture she had shown me and my description of it is sleeves with curtains hanging from them. :lol  I have to finish a pair of pants and then make a dress for a little friend before I start the wings, I think I'm going to be a little busy :sew  :sew  :sew  this month, and I have to finish a baby afghan :crocheting  :crocheting .

Guess thats about it, Have a great day.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi squares, just popping in quickly to say my aunt had a stroke yesterday, my best friend had some serious family drama at the beginning of the week, and in general my mood is very low again - so that's why I've not been around much. Am off to see the MH nurse this afternoon, they want to do another medication change. 

Anyway, just wanted to say still thinking of you all even though I'm taking a back seat at the moment. 

Love and friendship to you all xx

becca I hope all goes well with everything. Hopefully you will catch a break soon.. I hope your Aunt is doing better.

No sign ups? So she just lurks around and finds someone to give the bag to? Wow that's a lot of lurking but I'm sure it's worth it. She is so sweet to make these bags each month for someone. That's a real treasure.

Good Crochetville tote morning to you all!!!!!     Yes, whomever said that I would be happy just seeing it everyday, was right!!

And no, I didn't know she just picked either, I thought I had missed something for a while, then it dawned on me, you know, lol Im blond , what can I say owlvamp, lol I guess she must just know whom she is making it for before she makes it, as it seems whomever wins it each month, it is perfect for them!! she is quite talented, her stitches, are soooooo neat and pretty!!

taking the kia in for an oil change a bit later, getting lunch after, and maybe since Im over in that area, I will hit up the thrift store near there as well, and maybe Hobby Lobby on the way back home, lol     Oh no fears about what to put in the tote, lol almost had a kitty in the tote earlier, but I got him out just in time, lol he was way interested in the smells of Tampa, apparently, and you know, that would be Max, lol Then he entertained himself, by sneaking out of the craft room, with a tiny scarp ball of red yarn, red is his favorite color, I swear, he always picks red. lol So now, it is wound down the hall, into the kitchen, and around some chairs and such,,,,,and he is laying on the very end of it, so no one can take it without him knowing, lol

Good to see your post Cshort, becca, and whomever else that I already forgot that hasn't posted in a while, lol We are like a small family here on this thread, and when one goes missing for a while, we tend to worry, so good to see your posts!!

Dragnaldy, don't know if I posted this yet or not, but you have a package coming to you, oh, I think i already posted, i just thought of that, as i typed it, nevermind then, you know, lol

Didn't stay asleep long at any one time last night, felt like I didn't sleep much at all, but Im going on with the day, lol as if I had a choice, huh..

Hope all have a lovely day today, it rained almost all night, and overcast today, but you know, tha'ts ok, I don't mind, lol        later all, see y ou when I get back!

Hope you bet everything done you want to while you are out katy. Oil change is good and I will be doing that soon myself.

Glad you love your bag. I figured you would sleep like a baby. Maybe just maybe you were so excited you couldn't sleep.LOL

I fed all the dogs and then swept the floor and got a little lunch. Oh and switched the laundry too. I just get to tired easily ....

Hello Squares!  Congrats to our sweet Katy for  receiving Mary Jo's tote!  WooHoo!  It's wonderful to be a bag lady!

Congrats also to our new Queen, Dragnlady5!!!  I will get a couple of squares out to you sometime this month.  Congrats to you also on selling your first pattern!!!  I knew that you would sell soon, and hopefully many more.  That is such an adorable pattern and was a pleasure to test for you. 

Becca, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your other struggles.  Sending you healing hugs and thoughts.

Kuddles, I hope things settle down at work soon.  and hope that Lucky dog let's you sleep in one of these mornings, lol.  Looks like you got a good bargain at the book store! WOOT!

Maria, wow, that cardigan is gorgeous!  I have it bookmarked for a Christmas present.  (fingers and toes crossed that I get it done, lol)

Who's talking about an edgery-do?  I've had one for several years too and have NEVER used it.  (there, I've admitted it, now I'm hanging my head in shame, lol)

owlvamp, honex99, cshort, and all you are all in my thoughts and prayers.  Healing thoughts to all...  (((hugs)))

I lurked a bit earlier

mil couldn't find her pillows this am,she put them in a diff place than usual and put all her stuffed animals on top

there was alot of screaming,people come in her room and move her things and she is sick of it.

sil had to have a replacement feeding tube put in this am

the high point is the sun is shining and we heard from an aunt in Canada that we haven't heard from since she went to her cottage in april.

Pineknot, what a difficult way to live.  I'm glad you try to find something good in it :hug

Becca, how terrible!  I hope your aunt recovers.  Prayers going out to you :hug

Grannyannie, thank you very much!  They are easy to make.  I'm almost done with the black one, but I put it aside to finish the bags first.  You're going to love it :)

I'm posting a picture of the materials you need in order to get started with your Edgerydoo.  The Edgerydoo box comes with an awl that you may or may not have to assemble (mine was assembled, thankfully), the Edgerydoo itself, and wooden pins to tack down your Edgerydoo onto the piercing board so it doesn't move as you poke the holes.  The other stuff in the picture you need to get if you don't already have one.  It consists of the piercing board (which you make), a cutting pad, a sewing clear ruler, and either a rotary cutter or scissors.  I highly recommend the rotary cutter, though.  Take a look through your printout that came with your package.  You'll see how to use everything there.  There just wasn't a list of materials all in one place.  I made the piercing board only to realize it was time to at last purchase a cutting pad and a clear ruler.  If you have questions about what you need to make the piercing board, let me know.  In fact, if you are in the Los Angeles area, I have extra board that you just need to wrap in clear wrap and tape.  I am going to get my money's worth finally!  lol

post-44469-0-75486700-1380830590_thumb.jpg

I added another pattern to my ravelry store. I started making these last Christmas and Sold quite a few

52910_10151220480301406_529164189_o1.jpg

Katy I got your package Today. Wow I feel like a queen. I just kept pulling squares out. 12 squares in all. TY So much. I havent gotten a picture yet but I will asap but if u want to post yours go ahead. AgainTY  :ty  :day

Congratulations Katy.  I had a feeling it was going to be yours.  Are you still in shock?  I had to keep mine in constant sight for the first year to just confirm it wasn't all just a dream. 

Owlvamp, just stay around and keep active here at Crochetville and hopefully someday a voice will whisper your name to Mary Jo when she is working on a tote.  It would be interesting to check but I think that many of us on this thread have been blessed with one. 

Hi ya everyone, Im home again now.....Car has been lubed, oiled, and rotated,(wish I could say the same about me, my chasis needs work, lol ) he asked about rotating the tires, and I said,  they seem to turn fine, I told him,  when Im moving, only when the car is parked are they not rotating!! The mechanic laughed, and I just smiled, Im sure he doesn't yet know if I was kidding, like I was, or not, lol it was free, so what the hec I told him Go for it! .lol

Then off to the thrift store over there , and found nothing, so left there, had a bite at Don and Millies, went to the grocery store, and was going to stop at hobby lobby, but that was all the way back the other way, and I passed a walgreens, so stopped in there quickly, got my flu shot, and then came home, and forgot all about hobby lobby, but there is always tomorrow!!!

Yes you told me Katy I cant wait for it to arrive

I know, I remembered, congratz on selling a pattern too Your Majesty!! 

Hope you bet everything done you want to while you are out katy. Oil change is good and I will be doing that soon myself.

Glad you love your bag. I figured you would sleep like a baby. Maybe just maybe you were so excited you couldn't sleep.LOL

I fed all the dogs and then swept the floor and got a little lunch. Oh and switched the laundry too. I just get to tired easily ....

wow sandra, you know, I have noticed a change in you since you first had the surgery, you are doing a bit more every day, and that is wonderful, it might not feel like you are getting better, but I swear, i see it in your posts, does anyone else feel that way, lol or is my intuition kicking up again, lol

I lurked a bit earlier

mil couldn't find her pillows this am,she put them in a diff place than usual and put all her stuffed animals on top

there was alot of screaming,people come in her room and move her things and she is sick of it.

sil had to have a replacement feeding tube put in this am

the high point is the sun is shining and we heard from an aunt in Canada that we haven't heard from since she went to her cottage in april.

Oy vey..... what can be said, I still stand on my statement that you are a saint, or an angel on earth, but other than that, sigh.....wish it would get easier for you and yours........ you have a nice positve attitude and usually find something good, or funny to highlight, so I admire you for that as well, we could all learn from you Ms. Linda.......

Pineknot, what a difficult way to live.  I'm glad you try to find something good in it :hug

Grannyannie, thank you very much!  They are easy to make.  I'm almost done with the black one, but I put it aside to finish the bags first.  You're going to love it :)

I'm posting a picture of the materials you need in order to get started with your Edgerydoo.  The Edgerydoo box comes with an awl that you may or may not have to assemble (mine was assembled, thankfully), the Edgerydoo itself, and wooden pins to tack down your Edgerydoo onto the piercing board so it doesn't move as you poke the holes.  The other stuff in the picture you need to get if you don't already have one.  It consists of the piercing board (which you make), a cutting pad, a sewing clear ruler, and either a rotary cutter or scissors.  I highly recommend the rotary cutter, though.  Take a look through your printout that came with your package.  You'll see how to use everything there.  There just wasn't a list of materials all in one place.  I made the piercing board only to realize it was time to at last purchase a cutting pad and a clear ruler.  If you have questions about what you need to make the piercing board, let me know.  In fact, if you are in the Los Angeles area, I have extra board that you just need to wrap in clear wrap and tape.  I am going to get my money's worth finally!  lol

BECCA, so sorry, healing thoughts headed you and your family's way...

Angel, cute cute sweaters, you are another talented one, I tell ya! The edgery doo, sounds like an awful lotta confusion for this one, lol wishing you luck however in your qwest to overcome the edgery doo monster!!

Ann, you are another optimist! Glad to hear from you, hope all is easing up a bit for you as well.

kuddles, how did today go, back to normal for you I hope, and not so frantic!! How is kiddles doing in school?? And LUcky, dare I ask, he he he......

Oh, I was gonna say too, i think getting that tote, chased away my headache of the last few days!!!!!!! The tote is magic, and healing, and I will cherish it!!!!!!!! bad news is, my electric bill went up, by some 40 bucks, what!!! what are doing to me!!! Im gonna have to call them, sheesh, that's quite a jump for an even payment plan, you know!!!!!!

But we are healthy, or somewhat, lol and I guess if that is all I have to complain about, then it's nt that bad, huh........At least we have electricity, you know, i would never had survived in the olden days, like little house on the prairie folks, such a hard life, but all they knew........

I love talking to older people about their life times, they have so much to share....I regret not learning more from my mom, and grandma too, while they were still around, but I have some stories they told me, that were amazing stories too, so Im lucky to have had them no matter what amount of time.....right! right!

well it's quiet out there, wonder what Max found now to torment Precious with, it was funny, he had the small ball of yarn in his mouth, open really wide to hold it, and was dragging the end along behind him, with Precious chasing the lose end,,,,,,,these two, comical at times!

No I live in North Carolina. But I so want one of them? I have a rotary cutter. I do have questions on how to make the piercing board. I just thought it all came together. That was wishful thinking. Maybe I could post a link for someone who doesn't want there's. That's an idea.

I added another pattern to my ravelry store. I started making these last Christmas and Sold quite a few

Katy I got your package Today. Wow I feel like a queen. I just kept pulling squares out. 12 squares in all. TY So much. I havent gotten a picture yet but I will asap but if u want to post yours go ahead. AgainTY  :ty  :day

I love those pants. I need to put that pattern on my wish list but it's all full right now. Will have to wait for the next wish list. Those are really darling I see you can sell lots of those.

Thanks katy I am really trying to push myself everyday even though I'm so tired all the time . Glad you see it because I feel like accomplish nothing.

No I live in North Carolina. But I so want one of them? I have a rotary cutter. I do have questions on how to make the piercing board. I just thought it all came together. That was wishful thinking. Maybe I could post a link for someone who doesn't want there's. That's an idea.

It's really not difficult.  The hardest part was going to Home Depot to look for the fiberboard.  It was harder when it turned out they only had styrofoam insulation.  Luckily they have something called sound board to soundproof a room, I guess.  It looks a lot like a corkboard for pinning notes, but it's denser and thicker.  They sell it in a big, big sheet; so I had the young man there cut it into six equal pieces.  The tape you see in three sections is masking tape used to tape two sheets together.  Then you wrap it all in shrink wrap all in one direction, and then you turn it and wrap it again going across the first wrapping.  You then use packing tape to tape down the end of the shrink wrap and you also tape all the four side edges.  That was all there was to it.

Whoa you gals have been talking!!!!

To answer your question, work went fine today. I organized into separate piles, and I've been data inputting like crazy. I may never catch up!

Gotta scoot and get Kiddles from after care! Have a great nite!

kuddles

It sounds easy enough. I have a cutting mat that I warped I wonder if I down sized it I could use it. .? When I am able to buy the EdgeryDoo I will let you know and by then have everything so you can walk me through it.

It sounds easy enough. I have a cutting mat that I warped I wonder if I down sized it I could use it. .? When I am able to buy the EdgeryDoo I will let you know and by then have everything so you can walk me through it.

Okay :)

oh those santa pants place setting is really cute

Archived