Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy and good morning!

The Lucky Alarm went off several times. Saying 'quiet' in a firm voice helped but had to do it multiple times. The good news is I didn't have to get up, the bad is he kept me awake anyway! Yikes!

I just hope the shutdown is short! For multiple reasons!

Well I've got tons of work to do at work, so the day will fly by! And the local thrift store, Savers, has 50% off all books today only. Guess where I'll be on my lunch hour? I won't find crochet books (never do) but they have tons of my mystery paperbacks! I'll be picking some up for sure!

Hugs!

kuddles

Good Morning, 

I went to the movies last night with the family, we saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, it's a really cute movie. Then did a little crocheting before calling it a night. Today is my usual Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone.

The grandkids and couple daughters with husband went and seen that movie Sunday. They all really like it.

kuddles hope you have a good day at work and that you find lots of good books to buy.

Your frog belly bag is really cute. I thought I seen where you needed testers for the frog belly bag. I hope you got enough I did send you a pm and my email address and received nothing back I just figured you already had enough takers. I might have to buy it sometime my sister loves frogs.

Woot! Bought 20 for $20! I was in heaven!

kuddles

The grandkids and couple daughters with husband went and seen that movie Sunday. They all really like it.

kuddles hope you have a good day at work and that you find lots of good books to buy.

Oh wow well you have a lot of reading to do. What do you do with the books when you are finished?

Sell them to Half Price Books........then buy more books!

Cheaper way to go....

kuddles

Okay well looks like it is a win win situation.

My moving is on hold for just a little bit. Tired of living in boxes but till need to keep plugging along and finish packing and soon will be able to get it all done. Just making sure the landlord has everything in order with the house and there was a water leak he is fixing. So I have to be patient. It's very hard.

wow, what a shock ... Guess what>???? give up,,,

I WON THE MARY JO TOTE THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, im so excited, you can see my post on her thread here post 77   , and a pic, wow, i never even imagined, this is like getting an emmy or something, wow, thank you mary jo!!!!!!!!!! Check it out in my signature......I can finally post that!!!!!!!! Bag LAdy, number 91!! She must make them in her sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Ill have sweet dreams tonight!!!!!!!!

You scored too Kuddles, with all those books!! you are so smart to sell them back, I would not have thought of that!!!

Good the move is a while off yet, gives you more time to get things going, and still try to recover a bit more Sandra,,,,,,Ohh Im still so excited, thinking of what I will tote in my tote!!!      love it!

good evening to all, and to all,,,,,,,,, a good night!!!!!!!!!!!

Your frog belly bag is really cute. I thought I seen where you needed testers for the frog belly bag. I hope you got enough I did send you a pm and my email address and received nothing back I just figured you already had enough takers. I might have to buy it sometime my sister loves frogs.

Owl I am so sorry I thought I sent it everyone that replied or I would have let you. out of five testers I only had 2 ppl actually test it and keep me up to date.

ohhhhhhhh dragnlady5........she calls..........

Hello.......well anyway, I send off a package to you the other day, expect it soon Queenie!!!!!!!! let me know if you want me to post a pic, if you can't,........ I did remember to take one of them all packaged up and hanging out to say their final goodbyes to the others! , lol         enjoy!

How do you win won of those bags katy? I miss it every time. Do I need to sign up and when?

Congratulations!! You are so excited and it shows. Way to go hope you enjoy your bag.

Owl I am so sorry I thought I sent it everyone that replied or I would have let you. out of five testers I only had 2 ppl actually test it and keep me up to date.

It's okay I figured you had enough that's why. But not a problem it a cute frog. I hope you sell many.

Congratulations, Katy!!!  I guessed it immediately.  I couldn't hang out here too much or I'd let something slip!  You finally got it today; so now I can say it:  Guess what?!!!  You are Bag Lady No. 91!!!!  Whoo-hoo!!!  :yay:clap:applause:elle
What will your new tote carry?  What extra-special yarn will you carry in it?  Oh, the possibilities.  Maybe Mr. Handymandan can gift you a trip to your LYS to pick out some yummy yarn for a very special project.  Now, that would be icing on the cake ;)

Dragnlady5, congrats on your first commercial pattern and your first sale!!  How exciting.  I saw when you posted for testers.  I was very tempted, but as I already test for ShiFio and I am not supposed to test for others, I figured I'd pass just to be on the safe side.  That :frog bag is so adorable!

I've done all my allotted yelling for today.  Add to that about 10 hours spent pressing fabric, measuring, cutting, and sewing for three bags and you get an idea of how pooped I am.  Oh, but I'm so excited to share them with you soon!  I think zippered pockets and I have come to a sort of truce.  There's still more to learn, but I feel more comfortable doing them.  Yay!  Tomorrow I'll finish one of the bags and use my Edgerydoo for the first time ever.  By the way, if you ever purchase one, there are a few things you need before you can even use it.  The instructions are great, but I needed some pics to make sure I was putting my piercing board together correctly, but there are none online.  Then there are a couple other things that aren't explained until you're about to start a project.  Hence the one-year delay in using my Edgerydoo:  A lot of hassle!  I'm pretty sure I'm all set now, though.  To think that all of that prep is necessary just to poke holes in fabric in order to crochet :lol  I'm going to order another Sharp Crochet Hook.  I knew I shouldn't have given mine away, lol.

Good night, ladies!!!

Good morning everyone! Hope you slept better than I.

What you all going to be up to today. I really need to finish the laundry and do dishes.

Sweep floors so we will see how much I get done and crochet some more stars and coasters along with

Some wash cloth's.

I want a Edgerydoo. I just haven't bought it yet. Probably won't till after christmas which will give me enough time to investigate it. So can you give more info about it? What about there site? Was it not helpful to you or maybe you could of called them? Does a hook come with it or do we need to buy it separately?

Okay well looks like it is a win win situation.

My moving is on hold for just a little bit. Tired of living in boxes but till need to keep plugging along and finish packing and soon will be able to get it all done. Just making sure the landlord has everything in order with the house and there was a water leak he is fixing. So I have to be patient. It's very hard.

Hugs on having patience! It's hard but you can do it!

wow, what a shock ... Guess what>???? give up,,,

I WON THE MARY JO TOTE THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, im so excited, you can see my post on her thread here post 77   , and a pic, wow, i never even imagined, this is like getting an emmy or something, wow, thank you mary jo!!!!!!!!!! Check it out in my signature......I can finally post that!!!!!!!! Bag LAdy, number 91!! She must make them in her sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Ill have sweet dreams tonight!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!

You scored too Kuddles, with all those books!! you are so smart to sell them back, I would not have thought of that!!!

!

Yup! Thanks!

I've done all my allotted yelling for today.  Add to that about 10 hours spent pressing fabric, measuring, cutting, and sewing for three bags and you get an idea of how pooped I am.  Oh, but I'm so excited to share them with you soon!  I think zippered pockets and I have come to a sort of truce.  There's still more to learn, but I feel more comfortable doing them.  Yay!  Tomorrow I'll finish one of the bags and use my Edgerydoo for the first time ever.  By the way, if you ever purchase one, there are a few things you need before you can even use it.  The instructions are great, but I needed some pics to make sure I was putting my piercing board together correctly, but there are none online.  Then there are a couple other things that aren't explained until you're about to start a project.  Hence the one-year delay in using my Edgerydoo:  A lot of hassle!  I'm pretty sure I'm all set now, though.  To think that all of that prep is necessary just to poke holes in fabric in order to crochet :lol  I'm going to order another Sharp Crochet Hook.  I knew I shouldn't have given mine away, lol.

Good night, ladies!!!

Want to see pix when you are done missy! LOL 

I have the Edgerdoo, have had it for years, have never ever used it! What is wrong with me! Got to pull it out!

Good morning everyone! Hope you slept better than I.

What you all going to be up to today. I really need to finish the laundry and do dishes.

Sweep floors so we will see how much I get done and crochet some more stars and coasters along with

Some wash cloth's.

Good morning back at ya! I slept a bit better last nite, finally!

Today? Back to work but I've gone through all the 'stuff' and now today and tomorrow I have to simply sit at my desk and do the work. Lots and lots of data entry.

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Archived