Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Awe smith I'm sorry I did not know. Making albums will be good therapy for you. Think of all the good times.You'll get through. :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becca, those booties are adorable.  Sorry about the cut in pay, we have been dealing with that at our house this summer too thanks to "furlough" days.   

Kuddles, glad Lucky is doing good at night, sorry about Kiddles but well you know kids are challenging to say the least. 

Katie I have never attempted a bootie, even if I got one done I doubt I could get another one done to match.

Susan, making an album of your brother's photos sounds like a wonderful idea.  I know it will be an emotional experience but hopefully you will feel better afterwards.

:c9 I want to thank everyone for the wonderful squares....My total is 12 for my reign!!  

becca...your bootie is cute but I can't do the up one side and down the other, I think I crochet too tight or something. 

I made a decision of my brothers photos....I'm going to pick out the ones I like and put them together in a few books. I have all the negatives. Many know my brother died 3 years ago in July, he was ill his entire life, he was a wildlife photographer and taught me many things. He was much older than I and stood in as a father in many ways since mine was never around. I guess thats why I"m such a tomboy now! dh always says "Sue can do anything" LOL! Anyway I've been hemming and hawing over what to do with the 15+ boxes of photos, it's tough since I remember a lot of them since I was there much of the time since he was so sick. It's going to be a long journey for me but I've got to pull those big girl panties up and deal with it, even if I have to pull them up over my head! 

:hug  :hug

Kuddles, glad Lucky is doing good at night, sorry about Kiddles but well you know kids are challenging to say the least. 

Thanks, and kids sure are!

kuddles

Hello all you wonderful squares!  Isn't it a beautiful day!  Yes it is! I'm determined that it will be! :lol

And one of our own, pineknott, just became the newest recipient of one of Tampa Doll's totes.

Congrats pineknot!  My gosh, I totally forgot about it being a new month and a new tote going out!  I have to go check it out!!!

Worked on my baby ghan today, I think Im done, I will check in the am, to make sure the border is wide enough, but I think it turned out really nice, I will snap a pic tomorrow.. It is slated for donation with a couple others I have made, I might make a hat to go with them before donating in the fall....

anyone know any really cute, easy, quick, heel less baby socks, I could make a few pair of them too, and include them with the ghans?? I can't do heels apparently, as I have tried, and they go wonky way too quickly, lol need a simple tube type sock-or socklette if any of you know any....

Oh my, I always wait too long till Im tired, to get on the computer, lol, Raining here finally, sounds like a good normal rain, nothing severe, or anything and the occastional thunder, and lightning, but we need the steady slow rain, all night, if possible, ha ha.

ok, taking to the bed soon, to watch tv for a bit, and then off to sleep, hopefully!!    night all, see y a tomorrow!

I'm terrible on socks too.  Hope you find a nice pattern!

Katy received no puffy's yet.
I've been out of town all day helping the grand boys get there room all sense she moved again and they are expected to unpack and clean it all their self. So one of my daughters and I went and helped them and its all done. It was a job let me tell you. But it is done and then did some more loading the truck ate supper and drove an hour and half home.
Glad to be home. Thanks to everyone I will enjoy my Queen position for the month. Unfornately the Queen had to work today. :)

The Queen should not have to work so hard!  You deserve an evening of rest and crochet...maybe some chocolate :)

Hello Squares!!

I worked at Michael's today.  For most of the morning I stocked a whole aisle with CHRISTMAS ribbon....

The rest of the morning we stocked Halloween items.....

Just thought you should know.............

It figures.  We stopped into walmart yesterday and of course they had all the back to school thing out so I knew Halloween would be up soon after.  I'm not ready for Christmas things though!

Those are some beautiful blocks you got there granny.

Good night all. Talk to you tomorrow.

Yes they are!  Thank you, Becca has made a lot of us very happy this week.

Good morning Squares! 

Rang up to find out about my rather depleted pay check... turns out they are going to stop paying me altogether in 3 days time, and I will get stat sick pay instead, which will be over £1000 a month less than my normal pay. They sent a letter to warn me about this over a month ago - but they decided to just send it to the hospital ward... how does that make sense when I'm signed off sick?? So not a very nice surprise for me. Not looking forward to breaking the news to my OH either. Ergh. 

Anyway, so pleased to see another puffy arrived  So glad you like them grannyannie 

And Honex great to hear you got the part time job then? How lovely to work somewhere surrounded by pretties! 

Oh meant to say - the blanket I washed survived the washing machine yay! Just awaiting the birth now (due date was yesterday) then I can send it off with a couple of other little baby bits

Katy - I can't make socks to save my life, I wish I could! But I did make an easy bootie pattern yesterday, I'll attach a pic, maybe they would do to go with your baby blankets? The pattern is free on Ravelry by Hayley M, and there are a couple of variations. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2926.jpg

So sorry about your pay. Not a nice surprise to get. :hug   The booties you made are adorable!  I'm going to check out the pattern and maybe give them a try.

So glad your blanket survived the washing machine, lol.  I know how you feel.  I always worry when I wash something, lol!

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful squares....My total is 12 for my reign!!  

becca...your bootie is cute but I can't do the up one side and down the other, I think I crochet too tight or something. 

I made a decision of my brothers photos....I'm going to pick out the ones I like and put them together in a few books. I have all the negatives. Many know my brother died 3 years ago in July, he was ill his entire life, he was a wildlife photographer and taught me many things. He was much older than I and stood in as a father in many ways since mine was never around. I guess thats why I"m such a tomboy now! dh always says "Sue can do anything" LOL! Anyway I've been hemming and hawing over what to do with the 15+ boxes of photos, it's tough since I remember a lot of them since I was there much of the time since he was so sick. It's going to be a long journey for me but I've got to pull those big girl panties up and deal with it, even if I have to pull them up over my head! 

I think it would be a wonderful tribute to your brother as well as a good healing process for you to go thru the pictures and put your favorites into books.  It will be tough, but you can do it. :hug

Just a question sense I've never been queen of anything other than my home. :) when someone pledges am I suppose to send address or Katy do you do that? Not sure what I'm suppose to do.

I haven't seen an answer to this, but I would appreciate it if you would send me your addy.  I believe that is what others have done in the past, not Katie. 

I have some RHSS and it is 4 ply!

I think it's 4 ply. I don't go by weight if I like it I buy it. LOL:) now I've been crocheting 28 years now and my mom taught me but she just went by what she liked . I have learned so much more over the years and just winged it. I taught myself to read patterns oh my what a wonderful world that is. I used to get patterns the yarn and give it to my sister to do because she had someone who would help her read. Well one day I said enough is enough and asked for the patterns and yarn back and taught myself. It was very frustrating at first but I did it. YouTube is a wonderful place to go for help and the right person is amazing and I've learned so much.

yep, when they have thier squares ready, or before, they will ask YOU for your addy, I have it , but usually don't give it out, unless they cannot get a hold of you.. So ann was right.!!

thanks for the bootie idea, I will give them a try, maybe, lol

back later, in a rush.......

Thanks Katy that is fine. I will be missing in action from next Wednesday till Saturday so if any one needs it then you can give it or they can wait for me to get on.

snowflake thank you too.

Aw! The kittens are adorable!

I hope everyone is doing well! I started working Wednesday so i haven't had much time to crochet or check in, but I've been thinking about all you wonderful ladies! I'm still working on my purse, but it's slow going...i have to figure out how to attach the sides and it look square. I'll get it at some point! Lol

:hug s for all!

Yes she is one very happy mummy now, lying there purring with all her babies cleaned up and feeding from her. 4 in total, 2 gingers, 1 dark tabby with silvery stripes, and 1 dark tabby with ginger mixed in! I'm in love  :manyheart

post-67796-0-46934200-1375543151_thumb.jpg

I'm still around,mostly lurking,believe me no one wants to hear me whining

anyway,I'm so far behind,missed Katie's deadline and now she needs no more squares,and July's biggest square--- I'm working on it this weekend.

Becca, the kittens are super gorgeous!!! How far away is Wiltshire again? :D:lol If I could, I would. :manyheart

Only a mere 5 hours hun! Each way!  :lol

Awe becca I really like the dark ones. They are too cute. Love the picture.

Thanks! Now that they are all clean and dry I can really see the markings on the dark ones, the silvery stripes are beautiful! 

anyway,I'm so far behind,missed Katie's deadline and now she needs no more squares,and July's biggest square--- I'm working on it this weekend.

Aw hunnie, I hope you are ok, and if you need to whine I'm sure like me all of us would be happy to listen  :hug

Popping in one more time.........soon Kiddles and I are going to a local Taste - no not Chicago, a local burb! Kids day is this afternoon and she wants to get her face painted so.....be leaving soon to go!

Have a great rest of your day!

kuddles

Hello Everyone!

Becca, the kittens are so adorable!!!  Reminds me of when our mama cat had her kittens.  The 2 cats we still have now are from that litter.  I fell in love with all 4 of them and couldn't give any of them away.  DH wasn't happy at first, but he fell in love with them pretty quick, lol.  Now that we're down to 2 and they are getting on in years he's always saying "maybe we should get a kitten". I'm just waiting for the day he walks in the house with one! :lol

Aw! The kittens are adorable!

I hope everyone is doing well! I started working Wednesday so i haven't had much time to crochet or check in, but I've been thinking about all you wonderful ladies! I'm still working on my purse, but it's slow going...i have to figure out how to attach the sides and it look square. I'll get it at some point! Lol

s for all!

Well it's good that you're working, but we miss you!  :hug

We're here for you if you need someone to talk to. :hug

Popping in one more time.........soon Kiddles and I are going to a local Taste - no not Chicago, a local burb! Kids day is this afternoon and she wants to get her face painted so.....be leaving soon to go!

Have a great rest of your day!

kuddles

Oh boy, have fun!!!

Another crazy week...  I may be relegated to weekend computer time here pretty soon.

I will pledge 2 squares to our queen this month.  Congrats, owlvamp!  

:hug

Archived