Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Morning all! (Well its morning here... still not worked out what time that makes it for you guys!) 

And   :welcome Rusty's Mom!! Yay a newbie! Drop a PM to katyallen8090 with your preferences and address and she will add what you would like to receive to the list  :) Then whenever you're ready just drop a PM to anyone you would like to swap squares with and the 2 of you can swap addresses and hey presto! I hope you'll enjoy it here, I do!  :ghug I would be very happy to welcome you to the group with a couple of squares, you don't have to send any back if you don't want to post to England though don't worry. I'll drop you a PM  :)

Owlvamp how lovely to hear from you sweetie! I'm so glad all went well, and I hope the pain gets under control real soon. Your grandson sounds wonderful, what a lovely boy! And a big thank you to your daughter for taking the time to check in and let us know how you are too. And I am nearly ready to send off your puffy! It will take a while to arrive but hopefully will bring you some cheer :)

All still going well on the kitty front here, all 4 of them still in the nest with mama! Going to see if Mika will let me look at the sex of them all later, she's getting quite relaxed about me looking at them but I haven't touched them yet. Will see how she feels and take it slowly. 

oh yeah ITS FRIDAY SQUARES!! Wooohooo!!  :cheer

Hope you all have a lovely day xx

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone this is Sandra's daughter.( owlvamp on here.)

She made it out of surgery very well. They ended up giving her a small pouch. She is in a lot pain and freezing a lot. She is still in the hospital and hoping to return home tomorrow. Thank you for thinking of our mom. I know how she has come to love you all here. Dad is doing awesome too!

Just wanted to give an update like she asked me .

Thanks for the update! Continued prayers for her!

kuddles

Yes welcome to the newbie!

Becca, all sounds great about the kitties! Hope it continues to go well!

We have orientation today so no access to internet. I'll try to catch up tonite but might be tomorrow!

Have a great day Squares!

kuddles

Sandra please thank your daughter for the update.  So glad you were able to come back here so quick.  That grandson is a real sweetie.  Take it easy and concentrate on healing.  It sounds like your mailbox will soon be overrun with puffies. 

Honex, I must get to the stores to visit Christmas.  I know some people hate that it comes out early.  I kind of look forward to it and get kind of depressed when it is gone.

Rusty's Mom, welcome.  I read your post yesterday and tried to reply but for some reason my post didn't go through.  katyallen8090 had already invited you over here and that was what was important.  You pm her with your preference on squares and your mailing info.  Even though she has your mailing info we pm each other for mailing info when we need it but Katy has it just in case.  Some of us (like me) make and mail out squares but aren't collecting them. 

Hi all,

well, nice job everyone welcoming our newcomer!! She has sent in her info, and I will be putting that up on page one of this thread momentarily, just wanted to welcome her here, and thanks to all that took her under their wing,and explained things!!!

ok, Im going to go and put it on the thread now, page one, make sure to look at that page, to find out her preferences,,,,,,,,they really sound like fun!!!!!!!

LONG day! Orientation! Glad it is over, now off to take Lucky to get his rabies shot then he is done with shots for a while! He decided to pee ON the floor next to the potty pad in his pen. Isn't he a giver!?

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Hello everyone!

It was nice to have 3 puffy's waiting for when I got home from the hospital. I loved all the blocks. I received 2 in each puffy total of 6.

Thank you bgs, grannyannie and Kattie. Thank you also for the scarves and hand towel with holder. Thank you it lifted me up. I will take pictures later to show you all.

LONG day! Orientation! Glad it is over, now off to take Lucky to get his rabies shot then he is done with shots for a while! He decided to pee ON the floor next to the potty pad in his pen. Isn't he a giver!?

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Hopefully there won't be too many more accidents.  Lucky, what were you thinking?  Kuddles has probs enough with Kiddles.

Hello everyone!

It was nice to have 3 puffy's waiting for when I got home from the hospital. I loved all the blocks. I received 2 in each puffy total of 6.

Thank you bgs, grannyannie and Kattie. Thank you also for the scarves and hand towel with holder. Thank you it lifted me up. I will take pictures later to show you all.

So glad you had puffys waiting for you.  You're welcome for everything.  I just stuffed that puffy as full as I could. :hug

Hi ladies! Quick flyby but want to thank Katie for the beautiful squares I rec'd in the mail today!  Such a pleasant surprise and really lifted my spirits.  I'll post pics tomorrow. 

owlvamp, so good to hear your recovering well and your sweet gs is taking care of you. It was so nice of your daughter also to keep us updated.

welcome to our newcomer, Rusty's mom.

I hope to spend more time here tomorrow.  Have a good night all.

oh wonderful, puffy's arrived, Becca, you should be getting yours in a few days too!!

Glad to see everyone is about and busy today, ha ha.

I didn't do much today, had lunch with a friend that used to be a neighbor, but moved a few miles away, that was fun, and went home to her new place, and got to see her doggie, she remembered me, she better, lol I was the pet sitter for Lilly many times, lol

what else is new, it's hot still here, but bearable you know, it is August, oh and the kids around here start back to school this coming Monday!!

Worked dead heading some flowers in the flower beds the other day, and yesterday noticecd a rash on my leg, so either something bit me, several times, cause it itches, or I am alergic to something in the flowers/ bed/dirt, lol,. I put some lanocain on it, that so far, is all that has taken away the itch!!

Going to get more tomorrow, as I have used about what was left in the can I had!  It was partially used up anyways, due for a new one for the med. cabinet, well, actually, it is a cupboard not a cabinet, lol

Hope the kitty is doing well still Becca. Owlvamp, and granny ann, you are certainly welcome for the squares! Becca's is in route.

All for now, Kuddle and Kiddles, and Lucky, hi!!

Bgs, sounds like you spoiled our QUeenie!! can't wait for pics!

glad you're home Owlvamp, take it easy though!!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! I am still reading the earlier pages of this thread. I am now on page 103 of the thread. It is very interesting. Does everybody have everything they need if they are making squares for me? If not, please pm me or post here. I know of two who have pledged squares to me. I thank you in advance ladies and I will post when I get them and then I will thank you again.

Jeannie aka Rusty's Mom

:welcome PrincessJeannette!  It's great to meet new squares on this thread.  Katie, I think you can rest assured that the membership numbers here are on their way up again :)

No puffies went out today :(  My job today finished at almost 7:00 p.m.  I'll send them tomorrow.  Hmm... maybe I can whip a couple more up and send them too.  I hope so!

Whoo-hoo!  It's Friday!!

Good morning everyone.

Didn't sleep well last night but just took pain meds and hopefully it will kick in and I can sleep a little longer.

Dang my back is killing me to. I can't get it to stop aching to save my life. I know they said walk walk walk and I am but it hurts.

I have a grandson on each side of me and my Tank at my feet. He is so happy I'm home. Girls said he wouldn't settle down for nothing. But he's quite content now I'm here. Was laying right by my side and licking my arm, smelling me all over.but he is fine now.

Hopefully there won't be too many more accidents.  Lucky, what were you thinking?  Kuddles has probs enough with Kiddles.

So glad you had puffys waiting for you.  You're welcome for everything.  I just stuffed that puffy as full as I could. :hug

LOL  I know, right? (as my niece would say).......took Lucky to his vet appt at 5, he has gained almost 2 pounds in 3 weeks! He is almost 8.5 pounds now! He is not gaining too fast per the vet, he is right on track. The vet said he is 'perfect' and actually said he is a good pup, much better acting than most puppies. He got his rabies shot and is done now till October around Halloween when he gets to go in and get uh........fixed!

All for now, Kuddle and Kiddles, and Lucky, hi!!

Hi back at ya!

Good morning everyone.

Didn't sleep well last night but just took pain meds and hopefully it will kick in and I can sleep a little longer.

Dang my back is killing me to. I can't get it to stop aching to save my life. I know they said walk walk walk and I am but it hurts.

I have a grandson on each side of me and my Tank at my feet. He is so happy I'm home. Girls said he wouldn't settle down for nothing. But he's quite content now I'm here. Was laying right by my side and licking my arm, smelling me all over.but he is fine now.

Ah hugs honey! It WILL get better!

For this morning, once I wake up, need to clean up the condo a bit. An 'old' friend is coming over about 10:30 to meet Lucky and see Kiddles and then off to lunch. Worked with her and email with her often but don't see her face to face too much so looking forward to it!

Going to be a gorgeous weekend in Chicagoland! Upper 70s and mostly sunny!

Have a great day to all my Squares!

kuddles

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Oh cheeky Lucky!! Gotta love little presents! Our dog Billy has accidents inside on bonfire night, but bless him I can understand why he's too scared to go outside with all the fireworks. 

Hope you have a lovely day with your 'old' friend, always good to catch up in person :) 

oh wonderful, puffy's arrived, Becca, you should be getting yours in a few days too!!

Glad to see everyone is about and busy today, ha ha.

I didn't do much today, had lunch with a friend that used to be a neighbor, but moved a few miles away, that was fun, and went home to her new place, and got to see her doggie, she remembered me, she better, lol I was the pet sitter for Lilly many times, lol

what else is new, it's hot still here, but bearable you know, it is August, oh and the kids around here start back to school this coming Monday!!

Worked dead heading some flowers in the flower beds the other day, and yesterday noticecd a rash on my leg, so either something bit me, several times, cause it itches, or I am alergic to something in the flowers/ bed/dirt, lol,. I put some lanocain on it, that so far, is all that has taken away the itch!!

Going to get more tomorrow, as I have used about what was left in the can I had!  It was partially used up anyways, due for a new one for the med. cabinet, well, actually, it is a cupboard not a cabinet, lol

Hope the kitty is doing well still Becca. Owlvamp, and granny ann, you are certainly welcome for the squares! Becca's is in route.

Am looking forward to a puffy from you :) I'm still working on something to send you in return... first one didn't work out too good so had to frog it, will try again! Practice makes perfect and all that!

Kittens are all doing well thank you, its so much better now mummy Mika is looking after them all. When I checked last night one of them has started to open it's eyes already! Can't believe this time last week she was giving birth to the little cuties, seems like longer ago some how! And the 2 dark tabbys are girls and the two gingers are boys :) 

Hope your itchy rash is improving? I wonder what it was that caused it? 

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! I am still reading the earlier pages of this thread. I am now on page 103 of the thread. It is very interesting. Does everybody have everything they need if they are making squares for me? If not, please pm me or post here. I know of two who have pledged squares to me. I thank you in advance ladies and I will post when I get them and then I will thank you again.

Jeannie aka Rusty's Mom

I think I still need to get your address hun

:welcome PrincessJeannette!  It's great to meet new squares on this thread.  Katie, I think you can rest assured that the membership numbers here are on their way up again :)

No puffies went out today :(  My job today finished at almost 7:00 p.m.  I'll send them tomorrow.  Hmm... maybe I can whip a couple more up and send them too.  I hope so!

Whoo-hoo!  It's Friday!!

Oh bless you having to work so late, hope you've been able to relax since.

Good morning everyone.

Aw I'm so glad your grandsons and Tank are taking good care of you, and I hope your pain improves really soon. 

So I just got some bargain yarn! A lady was advertising it on our local second hand website, and I bought all the baby yarn to make charity items for the Cuddles UK charity. I got over 1200g for £7!!! 

Two of the skeins are the fluffy kind, you know like you have the yarn and then really fluffy stuff coming off the strands? I've never used this sort before, and I just started trying to use it and I'm finding it really difficult, because I can't see my stitches if you know what I mean? Any tips? Its so snuggly and soft I'd love to be able to make it into a blanket. Will have a hunt on the net for tips. 

My other half has just gone to him Mum's house to take her the blanket I made, I hope she likes it. 

Have a great Saturday squares xxx

becca try using a bigger hook. Sometimes that will help. Or use it in a granny square blanket where you don't need to count the stitches. That's what I do when it's so hard to find the stitches even after using a bigger hook. Good luck with.

Hey y'all! Boy I was knocked over to get on earlier this morning and find out I've been off the ville for over a week and oh man, I just realised that my plan was to log on here to leave a quick note, and then log on on my phone because that will take me to the last post I read (on the computer I CANNOT get it to take me to anything but the last page or the first page even though my settings are last post read) EXCEPT that thing. Um. Oh, by doing this note, here? I just reset my last post read so now my phone won't tell me where I left off nooooooooooo.

So I done got an hour and a half sleep last night, or I should say this morning oh man am I missing my autocorrect. Yep, Little Viking woke up at midnight, just as we were going to bed, sobbing and miserable and tummy hurting and not good and with a wheezy note in his cries that I had never heard before so I called the on-call nurse and she listened to him and said "Mmmmmmm, I'd take him to the ER; he should really be checked out." So we all piled into the car (in retrospect, we should have just left Daddy Viking home to sleep!) and drove over to the ER and he was not happy, he didn't want to go to the doctor ("da doc-toe is bad!") but we brought along his Cars blanket so Lightning and Mater could protect him, and we brought his pink stuffed birdie who was given to him by an ambulance driver at an expo out of the stash of toys they keep in case of a kid needing to ride inside for whatever reason. Since Birdie used to live in an ambulance he knew *all about* doctors and hospitals.

And I don't remember where I was going with that, anyway, they took one listen and said "Yep, that's croup, that is!" and poured some meds down his throat and then had him breathe some more meds to help the swelling in his throat and then we had to sit there for four hours while thing. While they waited to see if he was gone relapse or not. He didn't. Yay! So we're home and they're asleep now, but I can't sleep (tried; too hungry; went to DD and got way too many Munchkins and none of them are powdered  :cry ). They were good though; they noted his Cars blanket and his Cars pjs and they brought him an iPad with the Cars movie on it. So we watched Cars all night. All night. Though for the last hour we watched Elmo Monster Maker. I'm thinking in Pixar Southern right now.

He started feeling better pretty quick - started trying to pull off all the electrodes and monitors, and by the time we were ready to leave we were both exhausted from no sleep and also trying to stop him jumping on the bed and running all over the room for the last half hour. Wheeee! Ok at some point I'll back up and figure out where I left off, but it's not going to be now; I'm going to watch silly videos until I pass out. :D

VikingRunner I'm so sorry . My daughter had it to. They gave her double shots of antibiotics before leaving the hospital. I hope your little fellow feels much better and continues to get better.

becca try using a bigger hook. Sometimes that will help. Or use it in a granny square blanket where you don't need to count the stitches. That's what I do when it's so hard to find the stitches even after using a bigger hook. Good luck with.

I hope the pictures come through good. But here is what I have received. I love them all and thank you all for everything.

Thanks hun, I put it to one side for a bit and started on some blankets with regular yarn, but I will definitely try it again with a bigger hook. Hope I can master it, I think it would make such adorable blankets for the little ones. 

And your pretties are so lovely! Hope to get mine in the post to you early next week :) 

VikingRunnerGirl - so lovely to see you back! Sorry to hear about little Viking, I hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

Tea time here and we've just ordered a chinese take-away - yummy! 

Later squares x

Hi Squares!!

On the first post of this thread, I changed Rusty's mom to read the correct name, and her updated preferences, so please check with her if you have questions, but Im pretty sure i got it right this time, lol.

NO, rash is not better, still itches, I swear, always something.. I got some Lanocain and some Benedryl today, so will be all creamed and pilled up tonight, so at least I can sleep.....It's maddening itch is almost non stop, without something on it, hope it clears soon, and I think it may be alergic reaction to some weed I pulled the other day, I dunno....

Viking, welcome back girl, and poor little guy, hope he improves quickly! Kids are so resillient, aren't they, one day sick, the next running around and yelling!

Well, the back splash tiles came in today, and we got the moulding too, for around the floor, just sets it off nicely, although, they are not stained yet, but will be, and will probably do the back splast tomorrow. they are 12 inch tiles, and pretty much match my counter tops. Will look nice when completed.....

Wish me luck being the "go get this" person on that job!! lol

Ok, well, PrincessJeanette is now Rusty's mom officially, was anyone confused for a day or two, lol I

Archived