Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning all and hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Katie, great blanket!

Becca - hope it is going well with the kitties and how is the little one?

Back to Monday and work. Ugh!

Have a great day!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning. Kiddos head back to school today.  :clap  :yay  :cheer

This Year I have a senior, a sophmore, a freshman and an 8th grader. My 2nd year college student wont start till the 26th. 

My step daughter turned 15 July 23 and my daughter will turn 15 August 24. 

Pastors Daughter is having her baby shower the 24th. I have had her blanket (ocean waves in brown and green) done for a while I need to sew the head on the Monkey lovey.

My best friends daughter is having a c-section this morning. The baby is frank breach, meaning his feet and head are pointed in the same direction. So Prayers are welcomed. 

I have to be at work early need to go get dressed. You all have a great day :manyheart  :hug

Hi all little late to say good morning but good after noon. Hope all it faring well with you all.

becca how is the little kitty today?

baby afghan el completico....got it trimmed, you can find it here, turned out really cute,...

This is so beautiful! I absolutely love the effect of the two strands together, well done! 

Good Morning. Kiddos head back to school today.  :clap  :yay  :cheer

This Year I have a senior, a sophmore, a freshman and an 8th grader. My 2nd year college student wont start till the 26th. 

Pastors Daughter is having her baby shower the 24th. I have had her blanket (ocean waves in brown and green) done for a while I need to sew the head on the Monkey lovey.

My best friends daughter is having a c-section this morning. The baby is frank breach, meaning his feet and head are pointed in the same direction. So Prayers are welcomed. 

I have to be at work early need to go get dressed. You all have a great day :manyheart  :hug

Wow sounds busy for you!! Thoughts are with the mummy to be, hope it all goes well x

Quick update from me - been so busy playing mummy cat!! Thanks to all for advice and well wishes for baby kitten - he/she is doing really well, feeding from the formula bottle well and toileting properly which is good. He/she even went 5 hours between feeds over night which was a blessing as I was shattered! Back to 2 hourly today, but that's ok :) And the other three are being well looked after by their mummy and although she's hidden them right under my bed from what I can see they are all happy and healthy. 

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. 

Later squares! 

xx

good afternoon!! Raining here a bit today, nothing serious, just a gentle falling rain, which we need as a soaker for the grass and flowers, and trees....Funny, you can water every day the flowers, and such, but one rainfall, does more than a weeks worth of hose water, imagine that, lol

I think cause it's natural and more pure, my thought anyway, lol.

Nothing much new here, oh yes, there is... My daughter got engaged last night, she hasn't been divorced quite a year yet, but she and new boyofriend  have been co-existing for a few months. It's a beautiful ring, must be two flippin carots, nice work son in law to be, and daughter, and congratz to Jen and Blake!!! They make such a cute couple!!!

And she is leaving on her birthday this month, for a biz  trip to St. Louis, for two days, fully paid, ain't that a treat, lol We will celebrate her birthday after she gets back! 28 years old, sheesh, makes me feel old now.....

Hope kitty all of them, are doing fine, but especially the little rejected one, I hope he thrives in your gentle care Becca.Keep in mind, in about 3 or 4 weeks, y ou will ween him to milk mixed with can food, and he will eat it all by himself, but be certain, he will be very messy at first, lol Of  Course he would be the one I would keep!! lol

Glory be, guess Ill fold that last load of towels, and then get myself to the store, i don't feel like chicken tonight, and that is about all that is left in the freezer, grrrrrrrrr.....

So until we meet again,

Au revoir mes amis!!!

All I have left in the freezer is hotdogs. I rather your chicken. We lost both freezers. One chest and one upright and lost everything in it. I was so sick and going through rough times right now so have bought another one or replenished the meat. Things just are so cheap anymore.

Glad to to hear baby kitty is doing good. Keep up the good work. I would end up keeping the little one I nursed to. I would be to attached. LOL

Hi all!  Not much going on.  I'm having one of my challenging days, keep falling asleep in the middle of things, lol.  Could be the two nights with almost no sleep catching up with me.  Not much crocheting going on, but I am getting some done! Oh! Becca, I told DH about your kittens and the little one you are helping.  He thinks you should mail him/her over to us! :rofl I told you he wanted another kitten! :lol Speaking of the kitten how is everyone doing today?

Good morning all and hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Katie, great blanket!

Becca - hope it is going well with the kitties and how is the little one?

Back to Monday and work. Ugh!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Hope your UGH Monday is a quick one! :hug

I have to be at work early need to go get dressed. You all have a great day  

Wow, I got dizzy reading all that! :lol Best of luck to mommy and baby!

Hi all little late to say good morning but good after noon. Hope all it faring well with you all.

becca how is the little kitty today?

I'm doing fine.  Visiting you guys always makes me feel better :)

This is so beautiful! I absolutely love the effect of the two strands together, well done! 

Wow sounds busy for you!! Thoughts are with the mummy to be, hope it all goes well x

Quick update from me - been so busy playing mummy cat!! Thanks to all for advice and well wishes for baby kitten - he/she is doing really well, feeding from the formula bottle well and toileting properly which is good. He/she even went 5 hours between feeds over night which was a blessing as I was shattered! Back to 2 hourly today, but that's ok :) And the other three are being well looked after by their mummy and although she's hidden them right under my bed from what I can see they are all happy and healthy. 

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. 

Later squares! 

xx

Thanks for the update.  Glad you are all doing well.  When are you mailing a kitten to me? :lol

My mammal dog sleeps in bed with us and when she had her puppies the first few nights she kept trying to come yo bed with us. But she didn't want to leave her puppies so she would try to sneak them into the bedroom lol

they know what they want, lol.  Our mama cat had her kittens in the upstair's spare room.  We didn't want them there because BIL was living with us at the time and he is mentally challenged and doesn't watch where he steps.  It could have been disastrous all the way around.  We brought them down to our bedroom and she eventually chose the closet, but at first she kept sneaking them back upstairs, lol. It took us a while, but we finally convinced her.

good afternoon!! Raining here a bit today, nothing serious, just a gentle falling rain, which we need as a soaker for the grass and flowers, and trees....Funny, you can water every day the flowers, and such, but one rainfall, does more than a weeks worth of hose water, imagine that, lol

I think cause it's natural and more pure, my thought anyway, lol.

Nothing much new here, oh yes, there is... My daughter got engaged last night, she hasn't been divorced quite a year yet, but she and new boyofriend  have been co-existing for a few months. It's a beautiful ring, must be two flippin carots, nice work son in law to be, and daughter, and congratz to Jen and Blake!!! They make such a cute couple!!!

And she is leaving on her birthday this month, for a biz  trip to St. Louis, for two days, fully paid, ain't that a treat, lol We will celebrate her birthday after she gets back! 28 years old, sheesh, makes me feel old now.....

Hope kitty all of them, are doing fine, but especially the little rejected one, I hope he thrives in your gentle care Becca.Keep in mind, in about 3 or 4 weeks, y ou will ween him to milk mixed with can food, and he will eat it all by himself, but be certain, he will be very messy at first, lol Of  Course he would be the one I would keep!! lol

Glory be, guess Ill fold that last load of towels, and then get myself to the store, i don't feel like chicken tonight, and that is about all that is left in the freezer, grrrrrrrrr.....

So until we meet again,

Au revoir mes amis!!!

Congrats to your daughter!

hello lovelies!!

Well, I got dinner in the oven, I couldn't resist a ham! IT will make several meals for us, lol, and it was on sale! smells really good too! Have some scalloped tatos with it, and call that dinner later on!

feeling better than I have been, maybe the rain is washing away the pollen or whatever is tripping my alergies, eh.. Had weird dreams last night too, i hate it when that happen, people out of my past, yikes, kind of un=nerving you know, does that mean I haven't had closure with those people, lol....cause it's a bit late to worry about that now!!

I don't know, nothing much else happening yet, still sticky out, still overcast, rain stopped, for now....

Ill check back later, ohhh and I forgot about those puffys,Becca, glad you like the double stranded, cause y ou're getting on in your puffy!!!      I will try to mail out tomorrow!!!

All I have left in the freezer is hotdogs. I rather your chicken. We lost both freezers. One chest and one upright and lost everything in it. I was so sick and going through rough times right now so have bought another one or replenished the meat. Things just are so cheap anymore.

Glad to to hear baby kitty is doing good. Keep up the good work. I would end up keeping the little one I nursed to. I would be to attached. LOL

Wish I could email you a piece of ham..........darn it, one day, that will be possible, im sure!

Hi all... well it's been 2 hours since the last feed so no doubt I will be hearing some little mews very soon! 

Grannyannie - Haha if only I could mail you a kitten safely! I think customs may have something to say about that plan though! I have found a home for 2 so far, with one of my closest friends which is great. And if the little hand-reared one survives I think I am going to convince OH to let me keep it, how will I ever bare to be parted from it after we've become so close?! I'm actually spending more time with baby than I am with OH because Mika and the other babies have set up camp under our bed, so I have to sleep in the spare room with my little one! 

I've actually managed to do some crochet hurray! I've done a whole square for our queen! And MILs lapghan is complete, just need to weave in some ends and it will be ready :) 

UHOH I hear mewing.... later squares xxxx

Katy Congrats to your daughter engagement. You she is really happy and century's to come.

Awe becca I bet I would keep it as well. Yeah at least will have homes and now for the third one. Wow you work fast on that.

Glad you crocheted some to. Not me yet I need to but been so darn busy it's crazy.

Another feed just done, but he/she (really need to pick a unisex name!) took 5mls so hopefully I might get some sleep for a while now, its 11:30pm here and she went from midnight to 5:30am last night so the same again would be much appreciated! 

Katy Congrats to your daughter engagement. You she is really happy and century's to come.

Awe becca I bet I would keep it as well. Yeah at least will have homes and now for the third one. Wow you work fast on that.
Glad you crocheted some to. Not me yet I need to but been so darn busy it's crazy.

funny thing is I didn't even have to try to get homes yet! This friend said she wanted one as soon as she found out Mika was pregnant, she has two sons and they each want one of their own so that's two homed! Yippee! 

I bet you have loads to do getting ready before the op, hopefully you will receive loads of squares to brighten up your days as you recover :) We'll all be thinking of you  :ghug

And yes big congratulations to your daughter Katy! 

Hope you had a good day at work Kuddles! 

Thoughts are still with VikingRunnerGirl and her family too  :hug

Looks as though Mika will have to go to the vets tomorrow morning as she is still bleeding a little :( Good thing is she's fine in herself and eating/drinking/playing in between caring for her babies, but vet wants to check her out in case there is any afterbirth left behind. Is that TMI? Apologies! i really hope she will be ok. I wonder if the vet will say to bring all the babies with her? Surely she'd go crazy if we left them behind? But then what if moving them all upsets her. Oh my, another thing to worry over! Wonder how much the vet would charge for a home visit, if they even do them... 

Right, better try to get some shut-eye while I can! 

Night squares, love and friendship to you all   :ghug

Becca congrats on the kittens.  Sorry that mom rejected one but glad that you took over and it is doing okay.  Hope the vet visit goes well. 

Katie, another lovely afghan.  Wonder if they realized what they were doing when they chose that group of symbols for the indicator light.

Linda, hope things are going okay now, and we are here to listen when need be.

Kuddles, I wish they had Legos when I was a kid.  They have an exhibit at the botanical garden near us and I went to see it last week.  The Lego sculptures were incredible.  From a distance the push mower looked so real that I thought one of the workers had left it for a bit until I got close enough to see it was made from Legos.

Owlvamp hope everything goes well.  I almost have 2 squares ready to mail. 

Finished my first Lovey. here is pictures if you wanna see

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147551-monkey-lovey/

As far as sexing the kitten for a name here you go....

Hold the kitten so its back end is facing you. Its tail will go up; this is just what you want to happen so you can make a determination. 

See if you can make the determination by using what is called the "colon or semicolon" rule. If the animal is a male, the area below its tail should resemble a colon ( : ); if it is a female, the area should represent a semi-colon ( ; ). 

See if the urinary area and anus are close together; if so, it is a female. In male kittens, the urinary area and anus are not close together, and an undeveloped scrotum may be visible.

Hi all... well it's been 2 hours since the last feed so no doubt I will be hearing some little mews very soon! 

Grannyannie - Haha if only I could mail you a kitten safely! I think customs may have something to say about that plan though! I have found a home for 2 so far, with one of my closest friends which is great. And if the little hand-reared one survives I think I am going to convince OH to let me keep it, how will I ever bare to be parted from it after we've become so close?! I'm actually spending more time with baby than I am with OH because Mika and the other babies have set up camp under our bed, so I have to sleep in the spare room with my little one! 

I've actually managed to do some crochet hurray! I've done a whole square for our queen! And MILs lapghan is complete, just need to weave in some ends and it will be ready :)

UHOH I hear mewing.... later squares xxxx

I'm curious,you really didn't mention it,which color kitten did she reject?

dragnlady do you have a pattern?I would love to make one for daughter.

Did I ever mention my daughter is about 10-12 weeks pregnant? Well she is and we are all excited too. Went to the first ultrasound today. It was cool. I remember mine.

becca how's kitty tonight?

How was everyone's day? I hope good.

Well ladies I'm off to bed to try to get some sleep.

Good morning Squares! I got 'behind' when I didn't get on here last nite.......

Congrats to Katy's daughter!

Yippee on the kitties Becca!

and a big howdy to the rest of you!

Another work day....and yesterday my boss irritated me. Luckily he left at 1:30 for a mtg or he might not have been 'here' today! He is never wrong. Don't you love people like that?

Have a great day everyone!

kuddles

Morning all! 

Kitty went 7 hours between feeds over night - phew! I got some sleep! 

Dragnlady5 - love your lovey! 

Owlvamp - hope you're well and not too nervous about tomorrow  :hug

Kuddles - hope boss is more bearable today!

Just a quick check in as busy trying to get some stuff done while kitty sleeps!

Later squares! x

Finished my first Lovey. here is pictures if you wanna see

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147551-monkey-lovey/

As far as sexing the kitten for a name here you go....

Hold the kitten so its back end is facing you. Its tail will go up; this is just what you want to happen so you can make a determination. 

See if you can make the determination by using what is called the "colon or semicolon" rule. If the animal is a male, the area below its tail should resemble a colon ( : ); if it is a female, the area should represent a semi-colon ( ; ). 

See if the urinary area and anus are close together; if so, it is a female. In male kittens, the urinary area and anus are not close together, and an undeveloped scrotum may be visible.

I've tried to do as you described... but I just cant tell!! maybe kitty is too small still... off to have a quick look on the net see if I can work it out!! 

I agree she needs a strong name. But wait till you are 100% positive she is a girl.

Good for kitty she got sleep too. LOL glad you got some sleep becca.

No not to nervous yet. Can't wait for it all to be over with though.

Kuddles hope the boss is more mellow today. If not just dump him in the garbage can. LOL

Thank you dragnlady . I went and got it already. Hopefully in down time I can make it.

If not i will another time.

Good morning everyone!

Archived