Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

We are back.......ladybug painted on face, pony ride and real ice cream sundae. Too many people then and she doesn't do well in crowds but that's fine, that sun is hot! So we are home, she is playing with her Lego Friends and I'm ......hmmmmm, would like to sew, will it happen? We'll see!

Good day to all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your kittens are adorable!  I love mama cat's expression.  Her cup runneth over :)

It's going to be a weekend of work for me.  The temps here are in the 70's.  Couldn't ask for more.  I hope everyone's weekend is a good one :hug

That's funny granny. If he doesn't Christmas is coming you get him one. :)

LOL, I would love another kitten too, but I don't think Miss Juno, the spoiled little princess dog of ours would agree, lol.  She tolerates the two cats we have because they were here before her and only for that reason, lol! We've had many cats and dogs living together before, but not this one.  Maybe we're just getting old and can't deal with it, I don't know, but she's our baby, lol.

We are back.......ladybug painted on face, pony ride and real ice cream sundae. Too many people then and she doesn't do well in crowds but that's fine, that sun is hot! So we are home, she is playing with her Lego Friends and I'm ......hmmmmm, would like to sew, will it happen? We'll see!

Good day to all!

kuddles

Sounds like you had the perfect day!  Hope you got to sew!

Your kittens are adorable!  I love mama cat's expression.  Her cup runneth over :)

It's going to be a weekend of work for me.  The temps here are in the 70's.  Couldn't ask for more.  I hope everyone's weekend is a good one :hug

Nice weather!  It's beautiful here too. Sorry you've got to work this weekend.  Hope you find some time to relax!

Mummy and babies doing very well, and big mummy (me!) is beside herself with joy! OOOOOOh precious!! Love the kitties, and mom looks sooooo happy!

Aw! The kittens are adorable!

I hope everyone is doing well! I started working Wednesday so i haven't had much time to crochet or check in, but I've been thinking about all you wonderful ladies! I'm still working on my purse, but it's slow going...i have to figure out how to attach the sides and it look square. I'll get it at some point! Lol

:hug s for all!

Hi katie! Good luck with the job!!

Thanks Katy that is fine. I will be missing in action from next Wednesday till Saturday so if any one needs it then you can give it or they can wait for me to get on.

snowflake thank you too.

very well then, so it shall be!

Popping in one more time.........soon Kiddles and I are going to a local Taste - no not Chicago, a local burb! Kids day is this afternoon and she wants to get her face painted so.....be leaving soon to go!

Have a great rest of your day!

kuddles

Busy busy!

Another crazy week...  I may be relegated to weekend computer time here pretty soon.

I will pledge 2 squares to our queen this month.  Congrats, owlvamp!   :)

yay, she will be thrilled!!

That's funny granny. If he doesn't Christmas is coming you get him one. :)

Ha, good thought owl!!

Hi granny ann, and

I'm still around,mostly lurking,believe me no one wants to hear me whining

anyway,I'm so far behind,missed Katie's deadline and now she needs no more squares,and July's biggest square--- I'm working on it this weekend.

and that's ok Pineknott, I knew you were having company, and time spent with family should come first, no problem at all....

Becca, the kittens are super gorgeous!!! How far away is Wiltshire again? :D:lol If I could, I would. :manyheart

Hi skoggy, and crsheridan, and kuddles too.

It's always such a thrill to see baby kittens, i have been lucky enough to have had babies a few times by a cat, and once by a doggie, and it's always so thrilling to see their tiny little bodies....

Well, today was I dunno, a weird day, didn't feel up to doing too much, taking benedryl for alergies, so ill blame it on that, lol

Still got some flooring material in my craft room, unrolled so it can flat out a bit, Im going to use it, get this, to line my cupboards in the kitchen, on the inside, I hate shelf paper that slides around, so gonn do that with it, i have most of them done, only one double cupboard on the botton, where i keep the pots and pans, and will measure, and get that cut over the next few days, one thing about it, it won't slide! lol

Then, picked up a nail in my tire, a tiny what he'd call it, tap screw??? anyway, tire all fixed now, and the little tire light thing is out!

it looks to me, like a tiny scuze the language butt crack, look like this....  ( ! ) and bugs me when it comes on, lol ..

Oh, got 4 more skeins of yarn today, from a thrift store at 59 cents apiece, nice surprize for me it was hidden, lol but my Yarn Alert went off, and I knew i would find it!!!

working on using up some Caron Simply Soft balls, and making good progress, Im just making 5 inch squares, and will add the outside edge when I decide what Im going to do with them.....

Becca, got a question for you, I am planning on sending you some squares next week, so maybe I will put in a few more, with a card on them, explaining what different yarns we have here, in case you ever need to order some, you will have a square, made with samples of the yarns I have on hand, what do you think?? Would you be interested?? I have the Caron simply soft, red heart super saver , I Love This Yarn, Vanna's, and some Hershners. just asking! If you would rather, I will just send the two stranded baby yarn ones, that I had picked out for you, they turned out wonderful..

Gotto go make HUNGRY MAN some blueberry muffins, so back later, you all have a great evening!

Just popping in to say hello! I had a LONG rehearsal this afternoon, and my wrist is super sore from it, so no crocheting for me tonight :(

No sewing here......but two more walks! Two with the dog ......he is getting better! Changed from a harness to a collar and he likes it better!

Talk to you Squares tomorrow!

kuddles

It's always such a thrill to see baby kittens, i have been lucky enough to have had babies a few times by a cat, and once by a doggie, and it's always so thrilling to see their tiny little bodies....

Well, today was I dunno, a weird day, didn't feel up to doing too much, taking benedryl for alergies, so ill blame it on that, lol

Still got some flooring material in my craft room, unrolled so it can flat out a bit, Im going to use it, get this, to line my cupboards in the kitchen, on the inside, I hate shelf paper that slides around, so gonn do that with it, i have most of them done, only one double cupboard on the botton, where i keep the pots and pans, and will measure, and get that cut over the next few days, one thing about it, it won't slide! lol

Then, picked up a nail in my tire, a tiny what he'd call it, tap screw??? anyway, tire all fixed now, and the little tire light thing is out!

it looks to me, like a tiny scuze the language butt crack, look like this....  ( ! ) and bugs me when it comes on, lol ..

Oh, got 4 more skeins of yarn today, from a thrift store at 59 cents apiece, nice surprize for me it was hidden, lol but my Yarn Alert went off, and I knew i would find it!!!

working on using up some Caron Simply Soft balls, and making good progress, Im just making 5 inch squares, and will add the outside edge when I decide what Im going to do with them.....

Becca, got a question for you, I am planning on sending you some squares next week, so maybe I will put in a few more, with a card on them, explaining what different yarns we have here, in case you ever need to order some, you will have a square, made with samples of the yarns I have on hand, what do you think?? Would you be interested?? I have the Caron simply soft, red heart super saver , I Love This Yarn, Vanna's, and some Hershners. just asking! If you would rather, I will just send the two stranded baby yarn ones, that I had picked out for you, they turned out wonderful..

Gotto go make HUNGRY MAN some blueberry muffins, so back later, you all have a great evening!

good thig I wasn't drinking when I read about the warning light,lol

also thats a neat idea to make up samples of squares identifying them for someone in the UK

Oh my Katy, that would be so kind of you!! I would love that, but only if it isn't too much trouble? You are so kind!

Well here has been a bit manic... about midnight last night Mika (mummy cat) decided to reject one of her kittens :( She had moved them all under my bed, and a few hours after she moved the nest she suddenly jumped up to where I was sitting and plonked it on my lap, then tried to bite it and chase it. She was purring like crazy and at first I fought back all my instincts and didn't touch the kitten, then i realised she was biting it real hard and treating it like it was prey, like a mouse or something. So I tried a firm 'NO' every time she bit it, but that didn't work, and eventually I had to step in. the poor kitten was barely breathing so I had to intervene. 

I wrapped it up in a little towel but i had to leave the room with it because she kept trying to bite it no matter what I did. So I did loads of reading online, and apparently when the Queen rejects a kitten she often wants to kill it. It said I shouldn't reintroduce it to the nest because it may make her abandon all of them. So... queue lots of preparation, making up formula milk (thank goodness I had bought this just in case!) at 2am and running round like a loon finding all the things I needed! So, every 2 hours (or more if the kitten woke me up crying) I have been feeding formula, burping, rubbing bottom area to make it pee, and then shushing it back to sleep before placing it back in a cat carrier lined with fleece, which has a bottle of warm water wrapped in a tea towel to keep it warm, and a cuddly toy Koala for something to snuggle against in it and is completely wrapped in a huge thick blanket to block out any draught. oh my it has been one busy night!!!!! maybe it will grow up thinking it is a Koala?!! Haha! 

So Katy - any tips?!! I have never even had a cat that had kittens before, let alone had to hand-rear one from less than a day old! I understand that she may have rejected the kitten because it has something wrong with it and it may not survive anyway, but I have to try right? I'm all for nature, but I just couldn't watch it being hurt. Is that wrong do you think? 

I'm soooo tired! How do you guys with children do this?!! Haha, kudos to you all!! 

So, kitten is now asleep, Mika has had some fuss with me and is now back in the nest, and I'm going to finally do some crochet! May be a little slow doing any squares on my waiting pile, hope you don't mind! 

Wishing everybody a very happy Sunday xxx

Oh becca I'm so sorry. Hope you get some sleep. Sleep while baby sleeps. I don't have answers but will watch what is said.

Good morning!

Becca my dear, oh my! But you are my hero for stepping in and doing what was needed!!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Today is another beauty! going to be in the upper 70s with sun. Kiddles and I may go to Ikea for some cheap stools for her room, to go around the small table from the thrift shop where she does her Legos now...I actually did two rounds of a square this morning while drinking coffee and Kiddles watched cartoons. One of you will be getting this one.........

Well, need to wake up more and start my day!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Good afternoon everyone.

Hope your mornings were good. Mine was so far. Just a little tired might take a small nap.

Made breakfast and the off to church and now home relaxing a little before I need to make lunch.

How is everyone doing?

well,I was true to my word,got one square done ysterday and working on the second square today for July's queen

I have one other person to work something up for,then I'm going to do a brown square blitz for OwlVamp

Oh my Katy, that would be so kind of you!! I would love that, but only if it isn't too much trouble? You are so kind!

Well here has been a bit manic... about midnight last night Mika (mummy cat) decided to reject one of her kittens :( She had moved them all under my bed, and a few hours after she moved the nest she suddenly jumped up to where I was sitting and plonked it on my lap, then tried to bite it and chase it. She was purring like crazy and at first I fought back all my instincts and didn't touch the kitten, then i realised she was biting it real hard and treating it like it was prey, like a mouse or something. So I tried a firm 'NO' every time she bit it, but that didn't work, and eventually I had to step in. the poor kitten was barely breathing so I had to intervene. 

I wrapped it up in a little towel but i had to leave the room with it because she kept trying to bite it no matter what I did. So I did loads of reading online, and apparently when the Queen rejects a kitten she often wants to kill it. It said I shouldn't reintroduce it to the nest because it may make her abandon all of them. So... queue lots of preparation, making up formula milk (thank goodness I had bought this just in case!) at 2am and running round like a loon finding all the things I needed! So, every 2 hours (or more if the kitten woke me up crying) I have been feeding formula, burping, rubbing bottom area to make it pee, and then shushing it back to sleep before placing it back in a cat carrier lined with fleece, which has a bottle of warm water wrapped in a tea towel to keep it warm, and a cuddly toy Koala for something to snuggle against in it and is completely wrapped in a huge thick blanket to block out any draught. oh my it has been one busy night!!!!! maybe it will grow up thinking it is a Koala?!! Haha! 

So Katy - any tips?!! I have never even had a cat that had kittens before, let alone had to hand-rear one from less than a day old! I understand that she may have rejected the kitten because it has something wrong with it and it may not survive anyway, but I have to try right? I'm all for nature, but I just couldn't watch it being hurt. Is that wrong do you think? 

I'm soooo tired! How do you guys with children do this?!! Haha, kudos to you all!! 

So, kitten is now asleep, Mika has had some fuss with me and is now back in the nest, and I'm going to finally do some crochet! May be a little slow doing any squares on my waiting pile, hope you don't mind! 

Doesn't a cat or dog do that if they feel that one is sickly and not going to make it?

I'm sorry you had so much trauma last night

good thig I wasn't drinking when I read about the warning light,lol

also thats a neat idea to make up samples of squares identifying them for someone in the UK

haha, it does look just like that, tells me if tires are low or something!! Honest. That's what the dealership mechanic called it too, plumbers baby butt crack!

well Becca, I certainly will do that then with the squares, that was the easy answer, as for the kitty prob, well, I had all good luck with my kittens,but you kitty cats actions certainly act as though she thinks of it as prey, especially bringing  her "prey" to her most special person, that is always a complitment to you, however, I would do what you are doing, in fact, our dog, she had nine, was a terrible mom, and I am sure they didn't get enough suckling, as she would rather be with us than in her box with her babies, so I too bought some puppy formula, and some eye droppers, and boy,did they gobble it up, and mama was fine, as she didn't wanna be in there with um anyway!! I was soooo glad when they could eat milk thinned puppy food!!  So I think you are doing the right thing, I think formula is better for them then milk, as it is more easily digested.

Good luck with the baby, don't let mama near it and we all are hoping you can do it, and keep baby alive!

Good afternoon everyone.

Hope your mornings were good. Mine was so far. Just a little tired might take a small nap.

Made breakfast and the off to church and now home relaxing a little before I need to make lunch.

How is everyone doing?

Hello Queenie, got your puffy packaged today, will send it out next week, as soon as tomorrow even, he he he.

well,I was true to my word,got one square done ysterday and working on the second square today for July's queen

I have one other person to work something up for,then I'm going to do a brown square blitz for OwlVamp

That made me giggle, brown square blitz!!! lol

well got all my cupboards completely finsihed today,lining them, and cleaning them out, and called dd to see if she wanted what I didn't anymore, and she had a blender, and she had a mini chopper for onions, and she didn't want an electric  fry pan, or a George Foreman grill so off they go to the thrift store!!

Ill do that tomorrow, I need to go out to the post office, so will kill two birds with one stone, oh I hate that phrase, killing little birdies with stones, so I will say instead,,,,, taking care of two errands at one outing.....there, I do feel better now.....

When I was very young, about 7, a neighbor was dragging a dead cat down the street, with a rope, a mean nasty little boy he was anyway, but when sis and I saw that, she was probably 5, we lit out after that Larry kid, and beat him up, and rescued the dead kitty, which honestly had been dead a while, he didn't kill it, probably found it, anyway, gave it a proper burial under our big walnut tree, with the tire swing!

We never again wanted, nor were allowed to associate with them, didn't have to put up with it long,they moved..and we were all glad they were gone from our quiet street....

So. where did that come from, well, the birdie thing,,,reminded me I guess.....

So, chores all done, have only to fold the dryer load, small load, towels, easy, lol and I will be footloose and fancy free tonight,and guess what Becca, I bought ICE CREAM, so Im gonna have a bowl of that too!!!!!!!!!

All for now, and morning kuddles, he he he.........tag,you're it!

Oh and Becca, i have your puffy all packaged as well, maybe as soon as tomorrow it will go out, Ill let you and owly know, when i mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Im glad you thought that was a good idea, cause i only just finished several samples for y ou earlier this aft, ha ha ha, and packaged them with the others,  a list included of what yarns they are etc...... sooooo  yay,,,,,puffy's awaiting postage!!

andddddddddd neither one of our resident "dragons" have i heard from in a while, so how bout it dragons, are you both alive and well????

Here is what I have been working on, after the baby blanket i did, it's Caron Simply Soft, Im using up smaller balls and such, for a  I dunno what yet, lol.. Yarn goodness to follow!!!!

post-40621-0-25972200-1375658407_thumb.jpg        post-40621-0-33710200-1375658331_thumb.jpg

baby afghan el completico....got it trimmed, you can find it here, turned out really cute,...

Felicidades!  I love your completed afghan.  The doubled yarn looks great.  The new squares you're making look promising already.  I haven't been able to crochet yet this weekend, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have a crochet-a-thon.  I need me some yarn therapy!

Becca, I hope everything is going well.  I'm glad you had the foresight to prepare just in case.  I have never nursed kitties, but I did with my Coquette's puppies and many, many cockatiels that I raised.  As for the puppies, my Coquette had one litter before I had her spayed.  She had five.  The last was the runt and was born hours after the fourth one.  Whereas she had been freaked when the first four were born and she tried to bolt, with the fifth one, her maternal instincts kicked in.  Unfortunately, that is when I had to step in because the pup stopped breathing and was all floppy.  So with the help of my niece and nephews, we distracted her, and I removed the pup and was able to revive him.  I always had to feed him extra because the other, much bigger pups, would push him away when they were feeding, leaving little for him.  Thankfully, they all survived.  I remember all the hard work, though.  I hope you are able to get some rest.

Happy Sunday, friends!

haha, it does look just like that, tells me if tires are low or something!! Honest. That's what the dealership mechanic called it too, plumbers baby butt crack!

well Becca, I certainly will do that then with the squares, that was the easy answer, as for the kitty prob, well, I had all good luck with my kittens,but you kitty cats actions certainly act as though she thinks of it as prey, especially bringing  her "prey" to her most special person, that is always a complitment to you, however, I would do what you are doing, in fact, our dog, she had nine, was a terrible mom, and I am sure they didn't get enough suckling, as she would rather be with us than in her box with her babies, so I too bought some puppy formula, and some eye droppers, and boy,did they gobble it up, and mama was fine, as she didn't wanna be in there with um anyway!! I was soooo glad when they could eat milk thinned puppy food!!  So I think you are doing the right thing, I think formula is better for them then milk, as it is more easily digested.

Good luck with the baby, don't let mama near it and we all are hoping you can do it, and keep baby alive!

Hello Queenie, got your puffy packaged today, will send it out next week, as soon as tomorrow even, he he he.

That made me giggle, brown square blitz!!! lol

well got all my cupboards completely finsihed today,lining them, and cleaning them out, and called dd to see if she wanted what I didn't anymore, and she had a blender, and she had a mini chopper for onions, and she didn't want an electric  fry pan, or a George Foreman grill so off they go to the thrift store!!

Ill do that tomorrow, I need to go out to the post office, so will kill two birds with one stone, oh I hate that phrase, killing little birdies with stones, so I will say instead,,,,, taking care of two errands at one outing.....there, I do feel better now.....

When I was very young, about 7, a neighbor was dragging a dead cat down the street, with a rope, a mean nasty little boy he was anyway, but when sis and I saw that, she was probably 5, we lit out after that Larry kid, and beat him up, and rescued the dead kitty, which honestly had been dead a while, he didn't kill it, probably found it, anyway, gave it a proper burial under our big walnut tree, with the tire swing!

We never again wanted, nor were allowed to associate with them, didn't have to put up with it long,they moved..and we were all glad they were gone from our quiet street....

So. where did that come from, well, the birdie thing,,,reminded me I guess.....

So, chores all done, have only to fold the dryer load, small load, towels, easy, lol and I will be footloose and fancy free tonight,and guess what Becca, I bought ICE CREAM, so Im gonna have a bowl of that too!!!!!!!!!

All for now, and morning kuddles, he he he.........tag,you're it!

first I had brown blitz,knew someone would have a field day with that,so I quickly put square in the mix.ha ha

Good Evening All!  It's been a longgggggggggg day, but sort of productive.  I went thru my stash and wound a bunch of little balls from all my left over skeins that have been building up for a very long time!.  Then I sorted them by colors so it would be easier to find when I want to use them. (instead of digging thru a bin of mixed up skeins/colors/weights, oh what a mess! LOL!

Becca, I wish that I had some advice for you regarding the kittens, but fortunately for me, my cat had an easy time and didn't reject any of them.  It sounds like you are doing the right thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if mama cat still tried to sneak in and finish the job when you weren't looking.  If she feels something is wrong with him, she just might go on instinct., I hope not.  Best of luck to you and the little ones.

Katie, the baby ghan is beautiful!  I love your new squares too.  They are going to make a very pretty blanket also.

Later gators!

Katy your afghan is pretty and love yours blocks too.

becca hope kitty is doing well . Hope you are able to get some sleep to.

Archived