Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

the bugs here are fierce right now,they will be spraying from planes over our area Tues.weather permitting

I don't usually get bit,but last nite I was their tasty snack,even got me thru my clothes on my stomach and oh man,itches like crazy

haven't got near the yarn today,the feeding took + 4 hrs,ugh,this has to let up soon,its exhausting me.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the pictures come through good. But here is what I have received. I love them all and thank you all for everything.

Great squares! I posted mine today for you :-) Blessings, prayers, and hugs on your continued recovery.

Kuddles, I hope you had a great time with your friend.

Vikingrunnergirl, poor baby and parents! It sounds like your baby is on the mend. How are you on rest?

Becca, if the fuzzy yarn is thin, you can double it with a coordinating or matching yarn, and that will help tons.

Katy, I'm so sorry you have to deal with the itching. That's annoying. Can you use insect repellent on yourself next time in the garden?

Pineknott, feel better :hug

Puffies have been released to go to their forever homes :-)

Hi squares! Quick drive by........my friend and I had fun! So good to see her. We did some visiting, lunch out, then back home, and then out to visit the local doggie daycare to check it out just for fun. So clean and big and nice!

Now I'm tired and need to figure out my next crochet project but don't know if I will make another square next or shake it up with something else.....

Later!

kuddles

What you all crocheting? I am working on a Hooded Peek - a - Boo Blanket and also a wash cloth.

Sad thing is I work for less than 5 minutes and then I fall a sleep. I am really exhausted. Been getting up walking because my back is really killing. This pain is for the birds. I know I will get through it.

How has everyone's Saturday gone?

I'm back!!! :D

Good morning everyone.

Didn't sleep well last night but just took pain meds and hopefully it will kick in and I can sleep a little longer.
Dang my back is killing me to. I can't get it to stop aching to save my life. I know they said walk walk walk and I am but it hurts.
I have a grandson on each side of me and my Tank at my feet. He is so happy I'm home. Girls said he wouldn't settle down for nothing. But he's quite content now I'm here. Was laying right by my side and licking my arm, smelling me all over.but he is fine now.

I hope your pain lets up soon.  Do you have a heating pad you can put on it. It might help a bit.   Blue Emu lotion works well too, but it is expensive.  Sounds like you were missed, lol.  Juno gets like that when I go in the hospital too.

LOL  I know, right? (as my niece would say).......took Lucky to his vet appt at 5, he has gained almost 2 pounds in 3 weeks! He is almost 8.5 pounds now! He is not gaining too fast per the vet, he is right on track. The vet said he is 'perfect' and actually said he is a good pup, much better acting than most puppies. He got his rabies shot and is done now till October around Halloween when he gets to go in and get uh........fixed!

Oh, poor Lucky!

For this morning, once I wake up, need to clean up the condo a bit. An 'old' friend is coming over about 10:30 to meet Lucky and see Kiddles and then off to lunch. Worked with her and email with her often but don't see her face to face too much so looking forward to it!

Hope you have a great time!

Going to be a gorgeous weekend in Chicagoland! Upper 70s and mostly sunny!

Nice!

Have a great day to all my Squares!

kuddles

Kittens are all doing well thank you, its so much better now mummy Mika is looking after them all. When I checked last night one of them has started to open it's eyes already! Can't believe this time last week she was giving birth to the little cuties, seems like longer ago some how! And the 2 dark tabbys are girls and the two gingers are boys :)

So I just got some bargain yarn! A lady was advertising it on our local second hand website, and I bought all the baby yarn to make charity items for the Cuddles UK charity. I got over 1200g for £7!!! 

Two of the skeins are the fluffy kind, you know like you have the yarn and then really fluffy stuff coming off the strands? I've never used this sort before, and I just started trying to use it and I'm finding it really difficult, because I can't see my stitches if you know what I mean? Any tips? Its so snuggly and soft I'd love to be able to make it into a blanket. Will have a hunt on the net for tips. 

My other half has just gone to him Mum's house to take her the blanket I made, I hope she likes it. 

Have a great Saturday squares xxx

I do as the others have already mentioned, use a large hook (K or larger,usually an M or N) or pair it with a strand of a ww yarn.  I love Lion's Homespun, but it is difficult to work with.   I usually just do simple dc projects, ch loosely  with a larger hook, then use a smaller (still large) hook to work with.  Hope this makes sense.  I make a lot of scarves this way.

Hey y'all! Boy I was knocked over to get on earlier this morning and find out I've been off the ville for over a week and oh man, I just realised that my plan was to log on here to leave a quick note, and then log on on my phone because that will take me to the last post I read (on the computer I CANNOT get it to take me to anything but the last page or the first page even though my settings are last post read) EXCEPT that thing. Um. Oh, by doing this note, here? I just reset my last post read so now my phone won't tell me where I left off nooooooooooo.

So I done got an hour and a half sleep last night, or I should say this morning oh man am I missing my autocorrect. Yep, Little Viking woke up at midnight, just as we were going to bed, sobbing and miserable and tummy hurting and not good and with a wheezy note in his cries that I had never heard before so I called the on-call nurse and she listened to him and said "Mmmmmmm, I'd take him to the ER; he should really be checked out." So we all piled into the car (in retrospect, we should have just left Daddy Viking home to sleep!) and drove over to the ER and he was not happy, he didn't want to go to the doctor ("da doc-toe is bad!") but we brought along his Cars blanket so Lightning and Mater could protect him, and we brought his pink stuffed birdie who was given to him by an ambulance driver at an expo out of the stash of toys they keep in case of a kid needing to ride inside for whatever reason. Since Birdie used to live in an ambulance he knew *all about* doctors and hospitals.

And I don't remember where I was going with that, anyway, they took one listen and said "Yep, that's croup, that is!" and poured some meds down his throat and then had him breathe some more meds to help the swelling in his throat and then we had to sit there for four hours while thing. While they waited to see if he was gone relapse or not. He didn't. Yay! So we're home and they're asleep now, but I can't sleep (tried; too hungry; went to DD and got way too many Munchkins and none of them are powdered  :cry ). They were good though; they noted his Cars blanket and his Cars pjs and they brought him an iPad with the Cars movie on it. So we watched Cars all night. All night. Though for the last hour we watched Elmo Monster Maker. I'm thinking in Pixar Southern right now.

He started feeling better pretty quick - started trying to pull off all the electrodes and monitors, and by the time we were ready to leave we were both exhausted from no sleep and also trying to stop him jumping on the bed and running all over the room for the last half hour. Wheeee! Ok at some point I'll back up and figure out where I left off, but it's not going to be now; I'm going to watch silly videos until I pass out. :D

Awwww, :hug hope you get some sleep soon.

I hope the pictures come through good. But here is what I have received. I love them all and thank you all for everything.

You're very welcome

Hi Squares!!

On the first post of this thread, I changed Rusty's mom to read the correct name, and her updated preferences, so please check with her if you have questions, but Im pretty sure i got it right this time, lol.

NO, rash is not better, still itches, I swear, always something.. I got some Lanocain and some Benedryl today, so will be all creamed and pilled up tonight, so at least I can sleep.....It's maddening itch is almost non stop, without something on it, hope it clears soon, and I think it may be alergic reaction to some weed I pulled the other day, I dunno....

Well, the back splash tiles came in today, and we got the moulding too, for around the floor, just sets it off nicely, although, they are not stained yet, but will be, and will probably do the back splast tomorrow. they are 12 inch tiles, and pretty much match my counter tops. Will look nice when completed.....

Wish me luck being the "go get this" person on that job!! lol

Ok, well, PrincessJeanette is now Rusty's mom officially, was anyone confused for a day or two, lol I

Hope you get rid of that rash soon, I know how itchy they can be.

the bugs here are fierce right now,they will be spraying from planes over our area Tues.weather permitting

I don't usually get bit,but last nite I was their tasty snack,even got me thru my clothes on my stomach and oh man,itches like crazy

haven't got near the yarn today,the feeding took + 4 hrs,ugh,this has to let up soon,its exhausting me.

Awww, geez, you got me itchy now too! LOL! :hug

Hi squares! Quick drive by........my friend and I had fun! So good to see her. We did some visiting, lunch out, then back home, and then out to visit the local doggie daycare to check it out just for fun. So clean and big and nice!

Now I'm tired and need to figure out my next crochet project but don't know if I will make another square next or shake it up with something else.....

Later!

kuddles

Glad you had a good day!

What you all crocheting? I am working on a Hooded Peek - a - Boo Blanket and also a wash cloth.
Sad thing is I work for less than 5 minutes and then I fall a sleep. I am really exhausted. Been getting up walking because my back is really killing. This pain is for the birds. I know I will get through it.

How has everyone's Saturday gone?

I've been working on preemie things, a blanket, 2 hats and 2 sets of booties.  I keep falling asleep too so they've taken me a lot longer to make than they should have, lol.

Thanks everyone. I am resting in a lot of pain. But resting in the hospital bed is ridiculous . I could sleep no more got up after 15 minute trying to figure the best way with the least amount of pain. My tummy hurt really bad. Just took some medicines is only taking the edge off. Might have to get something stronger. Daughter left iPad so if I couldn't sleep at least I could get on here free wifi. Well I'm sure I paid for in my medical expenses.

becca that is wonderful she took kitty back. Maybe you nursed it enough to where she doesn't feel threaten by it.

Owlvamp, 

So sorry you are having so much pain.  What did you daughter mean when she said you have a pouch?  You are still in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy, pain-free recovery.

I had the gastric bypass. So no more worry's about the hernia and I have had heartburn ... So with that they give you a little pouch or smaller stomach. My heartburn was so severe it was causing heart attack symptoms . I haven't had a single one so yeah. It's just I have to go through all the stages of having the bypass. Right now I'm on the liquid stage for two weeks then a purée stage for two weeks. Then on to soft foods. It's teaching my stomach how to tolerate the food just like a baby. It's a long but well worth it.

Thank you Becca!!!

I received my puffy yesterday but was not online yesterday to thank you.  I wish I had a camera to show you all.  I got THREE purple squares made out of the softest yarn you have ever felt.  I got a pretty little crocheted flower and some lavender little bows.  I also got this wonderful smelly sachet.  What flavor is that?

Thanks again!!

I had the gastric bypass. So no more worry's about the hernia and I have had heartburn ... So with that they give you a little pouch or smaller stomach. My heartburn was so severe it was causing heart attack symptoms . I haven't had a single one so yeah. It's just I have to go through all the stages of having the bypass. Right now I'm on the liquid stage for two weeks then a purée stage for two weeks. Then on to soft foods. It's teaching my stomach how to tolerate the food just like a baby. It's a long but well worth it.

Oh dear!!   I thought you were just having hernia surgery.  It made me worry about having my upcoming hernia surgery.  Some of my friends have had gastric bypass.  Everyone of them is happy that they had the surgery.

I was just having hernia surgery but if it was to big and he felt this was the best when he got in there that's what he was doing. So that's How I ended up with that.

Hi Becca,

I read that you needed my address. Please pm me for it and I will send it to you.  Also, is there any other info that you need? 

Hi Ladies. I am checking in.  The weather has been hot here. I'm glad that we (Rusty and I) have air conditioning  I finally finished reading all the pages of this thread (up until this May. I skipped a few pages from then on.) 

I would like to explain to you what happened with the two usernames . I have posted about it in the Introduce Yourself forum, but the short version is that  I had registered using the username Rusty's Mom and I had posted using this username.  Friday night I posted a "thank you" to everybody who welcomed me when I joined and I noticed the next day that the post was in the username of PrincessJeannette.  I checked and noticed that all the other posts I had made (and they weren't many) were under the name PrincessJeannette too. Then I noticed the username at the top right corner of the page and it said PrincessJeannette. Then I notified the Administrator, but after that I thought to try two things that might work.  First, I cleared out all my saved usernames and passwords on my computer.  This got rid of the page at Crochetville that my computer saved with the username of PrincessJeannette. Then I re-registered using the name Rusty's Mom and the email address I had used before.  I was told that this e mail address was in use by some other account. I have two e mail addresses, so I used the second e mail adddress and a new password to re-register here and it worked.  I am back. I don't know how the PrincessJeannette name came to be on Crochetville. I did not use it at all, but there it was.  Now, it is gone. I'm glad of that. 

Jeannie aka Rusty's Mom

Becca, if the fuzzy yarn is thin, you can double it with a coordinating or matching yarn, and that will help tons.

Oooh thank you, and GrannyAnnie too for the advice, would never have thought of pairing it up with another yarn. I will definitely give this a try... it might just take a bit of practice I guess.

Oh as usual I'm working on too many projects at once haha! I'm awaiting some more yarn to finish an easy shrug by Lion brand (not using their yarn though), making pet beds for charity and also blankets and angel gowns for charity too. And always squares in between :) 

What are you working on at the moment? Or is it too hard to concentrate because of the pain and tiredness? Really feel for you hun, I so hope it all starts to improve soon  :hug

Hi gang!  Quick post to show you my squares from Katie.  Thanks again katie!!!

What beautiful squares! 

Thank you Becca!!!

I received my puffy yesterday but was not online yesterday to thank you.  I wish I had a camera to show you all.  I got THREE purple squares made out of the softest yarn you have ever felt.  I got a pretty little crocheted flower and some lavender little bows.  I also got this wonderful smelly sachet.  What flavor is that?

Thanks again!!

Yay puffy arrrived! I'm so glad you liked them :) the smelly sachet is dried lavender, I grow it in my garden but must confess that the sachet was not my own lavender this time, as its the wrong time of year for me to harvest it. And I'm glad you liked the yarn too, I made a wave pattern scarf out of it too because it is so lovely and soft :) 

Hi Becca,

I read that you needed my address. Please pm me for it and I will send it to you.  Also, is there any other info that you need? 

I'll drop you a pm now :) 

Katy I hope your rash heals up soon, I'm allergic to most insect bites and I know how annoying the incessant itching is! Worst one i ever got was in Australia, I was sat eating dinner one night and suddenly felt so sleepy, I thought maybe from too much sun, so I went to bed and fell straight to sleep. When I next woke up my husband at the time said I'd been asleep for 2 days, he'd kind of woken me up every now and then to make me have a drink but I don't remember that. Anyway, when I woke up my foot was really itchy and had this huge raspberry like lump on it, so we went down to the local chemist to see what cream i could get - and they told me I'd been bitten by a redback spider!! I could have died!! Scary! We had to have our house fumigated and everything! 

Sunday here, should really do some housework today. MIL got her blanket yesterday and she loved it :) So happy it cheered her up. 

And it seems the heatwave has officially passed, still getting some sunshine, but back to temps in the low 20c range which is much more normal for us! Its been quite cool some nights and MIL says she will really appreciate the warmth of her blanket :) 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! 

Later squares x

I'm working on a washcloth and a hoody blanket.i do crochet for a little then am real,tired and fall a sleep. So not much accomplished. But at least doing something.

Good morning everyone.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Good morning Squares! Slow going this morning for some reason.....

Mr. Lucky has decided to start peeing on the floor whenever he feels like it. I have no idea why! The pads are still there and he uses them but this morning he pee'd twice on the floor! I just don't get it! Sigh............

But enough grumbling, will be a beautiful day in Chicagoland, upper 70s and sunny! We plan to walk multiple times today and make a Target or Walmart run. Other than that, just enjoy the day!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

kuddles

Hi everybody,

It's going to be a beautiful sunny day here in Georgia.

I am not working on anything right now. I have a blanket that I knit for Rusty that I need to finish off. I will see about doing that today.

Rusty's Mom

Good morning! Just wanted to pop in for a moment and say hello! I have barely been home the past week--musical started on Thursday and we have our 4th show this afternoon, with two more later on this week! It's been amazing, but between work and musical, I'm exhausted! Hoping to pick up a hook for a few minutes today, but who knows whether that'll happen or not.

wow, eeryone is so busy, I will go with Pineknotts, lets leave it at that!! lol

Nice day, a bit warm, but not unbearable, have to run to the store, outta cat clumping litter, and the box is getting full of clumps, lol time to clean and renew. The two cats let me know when it's time to change it if I forget, I do it every other day, and if I miss a day, or something, I hear from them about it!!!    MEOW< how would you like to use  a dirty box mama miow!!!! so off I go shortly, lazy day today,trying to get some of my donation things ready, or at least in the same place, lol I have some afghans for the Emerg. Preg. center, in one room, and some other afghans, one or two at least, in a bin in the bedroom closet, and oh, many hats for the babies at the hospital, a couple lapghans for the old folks home, they usually use them for bingo prizes, how cute! And then my hat and scarves for the homeless shelter, now where did i store them/???????

Oh well, they will turn up....Cleaned out fridge and freezer today, cleaned the kitchen really well, including washing the new floor, I just used dishwashing Dawn, in water, as I haven't checked online what is safe for my floor.....it works well, Dawn works on everything.....

not much else planned, the back splash tiles still sitting in the kitchen, awaiting the day they get to live on my wall!! lol might be a few days, who knows. Suns out, but Im hoping for rain, feels like a rain day, might as well be one!!!! all for now loves, till later!!!!

Hi All!  I'm just taking my time and sewing my squares together on the mysteryghan CAL I was in.  I'm about 90% there, then starts the boarder.  The weather is gorgeous here today!  I sure wish I was up to sitting outside, but I'll settle for looking out the windows occasionally. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! 

Archived