Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thought I'd share a couple of pics... I hope thats ok. 

I have ridiculously small hands - my ring size is classed as a child's size (!) so you can tell how small 'she' is. I like the names Midge, Squidge and Munchkin so far, but really that is just for something to call 'her' at the moment! Name suggestions are very welcome, but as you say I'm not 100% she's a she yet! My other cats are Kotka (Polish affectionate term for cat as I have Polish roots), Misty (short for Mystical) and of course Mika. My OH likes pet names to begin with an M for some reason! In the past we've had Mitch, Mini, Monkey, Milo... and on! haha

I have a square ready for you Queen Owlvamp :) it is ww 12" but I remember before you said I could also make you dome DK ones - would that still be ok? If so what colours/size in DK would you like? 

See you later squares, off to an appointment with my mental health nurse... lets hope they can find some way of making my medications a bit more effective, I'd like to feel normal again. Maybe they should just recommend all people with severe depression should have kittens - I swear its worked better than any meds!! 

post-67796-0-69631500-1375795916_thumb.jpg

post-67796-0-83750500-1375795921_thumb.jpg

post-67796-0-66463500-1375795925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that is still fine becca and what ever color you have on hand. What ever you all send I will love and put together a beautiful afghan. When others are doing for you it's hard for me to just ask for certain colors. But if you have brown on hand would love some in that. I love the turquoise color in the brown as well. If I had enough yellow, black and red blocks I would make an afghan from that. Gave you a couple ideas. Or just whatever you send .

Kitty is so cute.

Hope appointment with nurse goes well to.

Hi! Thanks for the caring about the boss but he is not better today. Or I am just fed up. Or both....

Technically he is not my boss. Here I am his secretary but I actually report to his boss! We work in a trailer and sit 5 feet from each other! I need a new job!

Hang in everyone, I will try to!

kuddles

Oooh lovely, I know exactly what I will do for you our queen :) 

Appt went well, feeling a bit more positive than before I went which is good. 

Kuddles I feel your pain, been in those situations before... if only we could all crochet for a living hey?! x

Someone mentioned the kitty was a fighter so I reckon you should call her Xena, Zee for short.

A square is heading to our Queen tomorrow. Very happy to be getting back into the swing of things. :hug

Thanks Skoggy. I will look forward to it.

I like both of those names to.

Kuddles just keep smiling the day is almost over with. I know that has to be hard.

Then having to do it all over again day after day. I agree new job is in order.

Hi! I haven't been on the computer much but I went back to work today and I am too tired to do anything else now. I might muster up a little energy to crochet after I have something to eat. Hope everyone is doing well. I have squares ready for our queen, just need to check the address.

Well at least looking into a new one might make me feel better! Thanks!

Thanks Skoggy. I will look forward to it.

I like both of those names to.

Kuddles just keep smiling the day is almost over with. I know that has to be hard.
Then having to do it all over again day after day. I agree new job is in order.

Becca, glad your appointment went well and there is just something therapeutic about holding those little balls of fur in your hand.  They just seem to make you forget about your troubles.

Kuddles, sorry you are having a rough day at work, hopefully Kiddles will be on her best behavior for you tonight.

Hello squares!

Becca, thank you for sharing more pics of the kittens.  I'm glad you were able to get some sleep and you had a good visit with you nurse today.  Oh, btw, I mailed a puffy to you today.  Let's see how long it takes to get there!

Owlvamp, a puffy is on it's way to you too!  Something to look forward to when you get home from surgery.

kuddles, :hug  Hope that boss of yours smartens up!

dragnlady, great cuddle! 

Take care all. 

How is everyone's evening going?. Mine is going good. Just getting everything in order and ready for tomorrow. Just about done and will be able to relax hopefully .

good to see everyone that's posted, skoggy is back, and bgs, and owlvamp, good luck with the surgery tomorrow, Becca love that kitten, ann, and kuddles, hang in there, and everyone or anyone I missed, Hello!!!

Puffys' away today, one to a Lovely Kitten mama, and one to our queen!!

so heads up you two!!

I can't remember all that i wrote before my last post disappeared on me, oh yeah, about the name spunky, love it, here is a pic of my boy Spunky,  RIP spunks.......post-40621-0-83504300-1375832246_thumb.jpg

He too had a tough start in life, till he found us, and then his luck changed for the better, and he grew into the most mellow, loving kitty, and lived a long and happy life. . May he rest in peace.....

Ok, back to the news, lets see, anyone else having trouble with getting signed in the ville, i did last night, about I dunno how many times i had to sign in, and change my password an all that, sheesh, hope it's ok, today, I did't have trouble today......

Ok, guess that's it for right now, Ill check back later, becca, and Queen owlvamp, puffy's AWAY!!!!

HI Squares

Becca...love the kitty pics.  I really like the name that someone suggested...Xena (Warrior Princess).  I have depression too and some days are better than others.   Yesterday was not one of them.  I litterally spent an entire afternoon trying to get a LIVE person on the phone.  I have been sent credit cards in the mail that I did not apply for and terrified of identity theft.  I was ready to throw the phone throw the wall when I went outside and pet the neighbor's dog.  Made me feel so much better.

Owlvamp...good luck on your surgery

Not to gossip, but I heard today that Hobby Lobby is going bankrupt.......

cute name,spunky

I got Smith's squares done,they are being mailed tomorrow after PT,gee appt.is at 8,get out of there at 9,still have an hr to kill till Post office opens,darn it I liked it better when they opened at 8:30 instead of 10

still working on a special project,but it won't be ready for tomorrow's mailing

I know she may not be around anymore this evening,( Owlvamp)but I don't see a problem with asking for certain colors.

I used to work alot with two gals here that did alot of charity blankets,and she'd say she needed X number of squares of such and such color,I would pm her and tell her they were covered

Tonight is my only night off this week from rehearsals/performances, but we had an absolutely rotten day at work, so I'm hardly relaxing tonight! My company laid off 67 people, and 5 of those people were from my already-small department. I'm thankful that my job was spared, but I'm heartbroken for my friends who had to leave. Two of the women are single moms, and another woman is recently married and expecting her first baby in January. It's just such a mess.

hmm, didn't hear that yet about hobby lobby, they have practically gotten rid of most of the yarns that they don't make though, the last of which i noticed today anyway, was caron simply soft, they replaced it with their brand of yarn bee soft something or another, was wondering if anyone knew if Caron was going out, or if only not at hobby lobby anymore.....Thats too bad, they carry a lot of things that no other stores do, Id miss Hobby Lobby.......

I had a cat named spunky when I was little. We named her such because she was the first to do everything. open her eyes climb out of the birthing box, eat hard food. ECT. I loved her so much. She went out one day and didnt come back for about a week. When she got home her front paw was all mangled and dragging the ground. she couldnt use it. My meany step father put her in a box and told mom to leave her outside she would be dead in a day. I came in the house in tears told mom it was raining out and asked to bring her in. We made up a box/bed for her and I never left that cats side. I read books to her fed her food by hand one piece at a time. and even slept on the floor beside her box. That cat out lived my step father. Mom always says when she tells this story if love can save a life that is exactly what happend

Good night ladies. Talk to you all in a few days. 6 am will come to early but gotta try to sleep some. My poor Tank knows something is up and I cried today knowing he won't be by my side like he is all day. He stay right under my feet all day more than ever. So I know he knows . He's in bed with me right now. Poor thing.

Okay on the colors.

Good night all!

Good night ladies. Talk to you all in a few days. 6 am will come to early but gotta try to sleep some. My poor Tank knows something is up and I cried today knowing he won't be by my side like he is all day. He stay right under my feet all day more than ever. So I know he knows . He's in bed with me right now. Poor thing.

Okay on the colors.

Good night all!

It may be days before you read this, but I am praying that your surgery goes smoothly.  Lots of hugs and healing thoughts being sent your way, Owlvamp :hug

Mandymae, that is horrible news.  :hug  Where is this supposed improving economy that we are being told about?  I only feel and see the pinch even more everywhere.  

Hi! I haven't been on the computer much but I went back to work today and I am too tired to do anything else now. I might muster up a little energy to crochet after I have something to eat. Hope everyone is doing well.

Bless you, going back to work is always so exhausting while your body gets back into the swing of things, Hope you got a good night's sleep  :hug

Hello squares!

Becca, thank you for sharing more pics of the kittens.  I'm glad you were able to get some sleep and you had a good visit with you nurse today.  Oh, btw, I mailed a puffy to you today.  Let's see how long it takes to get there!

Oh my, how exciting!! Think it took about 10 days from here to you... I shall start counting the days!  :D

Puffys' away today, one to a Lovely Kitten mama, and one to our queen!!

so heads up you two!!

becca, and Queen owlvamp, puffy's AWAY!!!!

Thats TWO puffys to look forward to!! I'm a very lucky girl!  :D I'm working on a little something for you :) 

Becca...love the kitty pics.  I really like the name that someone suggested...Xena (Warrior Princess).  I have depression too and some days are better than others.   Yesterday was not one of them.  I litterally spent an entire afternoon trying to get a LIVE person on the phone.  I have been sent credit cards in the mail that I did not apply for and terrified of identity theft.  I was ready to throw the phone throw the wall when I went outside and pet the neighbor's dog.  Made me feel so much better.

Oh hun, can totally see why you are worried, identity theft is such a scary thing. I hope you get through to someone who can put your mind at rest. Have you tried getting your credit file online? It should only take a few minutes and over here you can get it free for 30 days. Fingers crossed for you that it is just a mix up and nothing sinister. Pets are so good at lifting our spirits  :hug

Tonight is my only night off this week from rehearsals/performances, but we had an absolutely rotten day at work, so I'm hardly relaxing tonight! My company laid off 67 people, and 5 of those people were from my already-small department. I'm thankful that my job was spared, but I'm heartbroken for my friends who had to leave. Two of the women are single moms, and another woman is recently married and expecting her first baby in January. It's just such a mess.

Such sad news for your friends, there is so much redundancy happening at the moment, so terribly sad. I'm glad for you that your job is safe, but I'm sure its going to be a difficult time at work through all the changes  :hug

I had a cat named spunky when I was little. We named her such because she was the first to do everything. open her eyes climb out of the birthing box, eat hard food. ECT. I loved her so much. She went out one day and didnt come back for about a week. When she got home her front paw was all mangled and dragging the ground. she couldnt use it. My meany step father put her in a box and told mom to leave her outside she would be dead in a day. I came in the house in tears told mom it was raining out and asked to bring her in. We made up a box/bed for her and I never left that cats side. I read books to her fed her food by hand one piece at a time. and even slept on the floor beside her box. That cat out lived my step father. Mom always says when she tells this story if love can save a life that is exactly what happend

What an amazing thing you did for that little kitten! Your love really did save its life, shows what a beautiful person you are to have given so much when you were only a child yourself. Beautiful.  :hug

I know you may not see this for a few days, but my thoughts are with you and wishing you all the best for your op. Animals are so sensitive to the ones they love, Tank will miss you while you're at the hospital, but he will be so happy to love and protect you when you get home and recover there. Thinking of you  :ghug

Kitty slept well again overnight and went for nearly 8 hours! Since then shes fed 3 times in 2.5 hours so she's making up for it now! I love the name suggestions! I think I'm going to have to see which one suits her best over the next few days/weeks, I don't know why but I always think a pet name has to just 'fit' you know?! And time will tell what her name will be :) 

Woke up this morning with awful lower back ache, to the point where it is making me nauseous. I don't know if maybe its from sleeping in the spare bed. Have a hot water bottle on it now which is helping a little bit. Hopefully it'll ease off later. 

It's my OH's birthday today! Bless him I haven't been able to buy him a present this year, but he doesn't seem to mind. Hopefully I'll be able to stand up without pain later and I'll cook him a nice meal. 

Right, it's 10:30am on Wednesday here, and time for another cuppa :) 

Later squares! 

Good Morning Squares!  Yes, it's really me posting at 6:30am! :lol I've actually been up since 3:30, but was playing Pogo games, lol.  Looks to be one of "those" days, so I'll surround myself with hooks and yarn. I hope to get a lot of my mystery ghan squares connected.  Oh, have I mentioned that she has released the pattern now and it's called Garden State Afghan by Julie Yeager?  It's a really beautiful blanket and well written.  All of her patterns are that I have seen so far.  Love them!  Well that's about it from me for now.  Time for another cuppa!  BBL!

Katie, all your kitties are/were beautiful!  I know how you felt about Spunky.  We had a cat, Nimbus, that had been missing for over a week.  We were thinking the worst, when she finally showed up all scruffy and sick.  We made up a box for her, and we took turns cuddling her, feeding her chicken broth, giving her reiki treatments, and just out and out praying for our little furball.  Well she pulled thru and after that she and I were almost inseparable, lol.  I miss my NimNim.

HI Squares

Owlvamp...good luck on your surgery

Not to gossip, but I heard today that Hobby Lobby is going bankrupt.......

We had a Xena!  She was the runt of the litter and was the ruler of the pack, lol.  She was always swatting one of her sisters or her brother on the backside trying to pick a fight.  Oh, she was a rascal, lol!

Oh my, it is so frightening out there.  We've been holding our breathes for several months now with DH's job.  Luckily (?) they were just bought out, so it looks like everyone that is still there will stay, no more lay-offs. :xfin

Spunky was very lucky to have you.  Our furbabies are so special...

Okay on the colors.

Good night all!

I know you may not read this for several days, wish I would have thought of it sooner, but you can check with your hospital, they may allow your dog in for a visit.  Ours does if you can show proof of rabies cert and I think a couple other easy things to fill out on a form.  Prayers going up for you today...

Kitty slept well again overnight and went for nearly 8 hours! Since then shes fed 3 times in 2.5 hours so she's making up for it now! I love the name suggestions! I think I'm going to have to see which one suits her best over the next few days/weeks, I don't know why but I always think a pet name has to just 'fit' you know?! And time will tell what her name will be

Woke up this morning with awful lower back ache, to the point where it is making me nauseous. I don't know if maybe its from sleeping in the spare bed. Have a hot water bottle on it now which is helping a little bit. Hopefully it'll ease off later. 

It's my OH's birthday today! Bless him I haven't been able to buy him a present this year, but he doesn't seem to mind. Hopefully I'll be able to stand up without pain later and I'll cook him a nice meal. 

Right, it's 10:30am on Wednesday here, and time for another cuppa :)

Later squares! 

Hope your back feels better soon, and wish your OH a big :birthday

Archived