Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

:hug  :manyheart

Well its kinda mixed news. They will hold the position pending an appointment with Occupational Health, and then it will depend on how long it is until I'm able to return to work. Very fair of them in my opinion. So will just have to wait for the appointment to come through and hope for the best. 

Phew, it is certainly a relief to have faced the music. I really do feel bad for making a big deal of something rather pathetic considering what others are going through at the moment, I'm sorry. 

Hope you're all having a pleasant mid-week x

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOTIE WOOT WOOTINGTON!

Becca's package arrived at my work just now! Thank you friend! Two wonderful squares, a package of buttons and bows and a wonderful postcard!!!

Will take a pic tonite and post but had to jump on and give a great big

THANK YOU

to my new friend Becca!

:manyheart  :manyheart  :hug  :hug:c9  :c9  :c9  :c9  :c9 

kuddles 

Hi all! I'm just plugging along, not doing much today.  I did finally finish the baby ghan late last night.  I'm still struggling with that pattern that I'm testing, so I think I'm going to frog it all and start over making it in just one color instead of three, which is ok per the designer and the pattern instructions.  Maybe I'm just not counting my sts correctly with my color changes, hmmm, we'll see.  I've just never had so much trouble with a pattern especially since this designer writes beautiful, clear patterns. Oh, and my JoAnn's order arrived so now and can finish my mystery ghan!  Woot!

Kuddles, I love your totes!  I'm sure all 4 of my gd's would love Sofia and Mickey/Minnie.  Gosh, you make such beautiful bags! Thanks for including a pic of Lucky too.  He is such a sweetie! Glad you got to enjoy that donut, boy do I miss them.  And I really think WW could find a way to increase the serving size of their ice creams somehow, lol.  I used to love them too, lol. Woot for getting a puffy from Becca!!!

Becca, we all have bad days at times.  I'm here for you any time you need someone to vent to.  Just send me a PM and we can chat.  I know it's not the same as having someone right there, but we're all friends here and we care about each other. :hug

I'm so very glad to see that some of your puffy's have started to arrive so that has brightened your day!  Isn't it a nice feeling when you know you have made someone else happy?!  Best of luck with your phone call.

bgs, thanks for the hugs.  they're greatly appreciated!

Katie, I hope you've found some energy.  I sure know the feeling of being without it and it stinks.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your double stranded squares.  Whatever you make with them is going to be very pretty!  Oh, and that dark air at night does have nasty stuff in it, I can vouch for that, lol.  As soon as the sun starts to set my allergies start going nuts again, all that humidity in the air from the change in temp or something like that.

Maria, wow, that looked like a great show! Woot for receiving a puffy!!!!

cshort, more pics??? No, still having trouble, see above...

smith, beautiful!!!

ImmaFreek, prayers for you and Bf and continued prayers... :hug

dragnlady, can't believe summer is almost over already!  Whatcha designing?  Any hints?  WTG for designing anything, lol.  It isn't easy, that I know!

Kuddles, I love your totes!  I'm sure all 4 of my gd's would love Sofia and Mickey/Minnie.  Gosh, you make such beautiful bags! Thanks for including a pic of Lucky too.  He is such a sweetie! Glad you got to enjoy that donut, boy do I miss them.  And I really think WW could find a way to increase the serving size of their ice creams somehow, lol.  I used to love them too, lol. Woot for getting a puffy from Becca!!!

Thanks Ann!! That Sofia embroidery is awesome! Stitched out so nice! And of course the mickey/minnie ones, I've made tons and they are simple yet great!

Wish ya lived closer!

kuddles

Good after noon ladies. How are you all doing?

I have ran so much today I am truly tired. Just finishing up lunch for everyone and still have a days work a head of me.

Hope everyone is doing awesome and happy :).

Check in later.

Well its kinda mixed news. They will hold the position pending an appointment with Occupational Health, and then it will depend on how long it is until I'm able to return to work. Very fair of them in my opinion. So will just have to wait for the appointment to come through and hope for the best. 

Phew, it is certainly a relief to have faced the music. I really do feel bad for making a big deal of something rather pathetic considering what others are going through at the moment, I'm sorry. 

Hope you're all having a pleasant mid-week x

We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything turns out well.  Sometimes we expect the worst when things are much simpler.  Good luck :)

And here are Becca's lovely squares, cute little bows, and beautiful postcard.  Thanks!   :hug

post-44469-0-38761000-1375301637_thumb.jpg

We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything turns out well.  Sometimes we expect the worst when things are much simpler.  Good luck :)

And here are Becca's lovely squares, cute little bows, and beautiful postcard.  Thanks!   :hug

Beautiful!

kuddles

Hi Kristy!  Hi Mandy, Good to see you're still around!

I'll try to keep checking in! :)

Are you in the pit?   What do you play?

I am in pit. Playing clarinet! I also play tenor sax, but haven't touched my sax in several years.

Someone (can't remember who) asked me to post a pic of me playing...if I can find a picture of me playing, I'll post it! :) 

becca those are beautiful squares. I like the bright yarn you used. See they are finally arriving. That should make you smile and so the happy dance.:)

Here are MY Becca squares! I told her teal and autumn colors like brown and she took me at my word! Beautiful squares! A package of buttons and bows (like the song?) and a cute strawberry fairy postcard that Kiddles has already claimed to tape up on her wall!

Thank you again Becca! You made my day!

kuddles

post-17419-0-63097000-1375307547_thumb.jpg

So glad you like them! That was my first ever cluster stitch in the square on the left! 

And I was so happy to use two of my favourite yarns in my stash - I love the Teal colour, and the brown is one of the James C Brett yarns I was raving about a while ago! 

Awww so pleased that kiddles likes the flower fairy postcard! I have been a little bit in love with the flower fairies series ever since I was a child, do you have it over there? They've made story books for all the different fairies in the last few years, so adorable! 

So glad you like them! That was my first ever cluster stitch in the square on the left! 

And I was so happy to use two of my favourite yarns in my stash - I love the Teal colour, and the brown is one of the James C Brett yarns I was raving about a while ago! 

Awww so pleased that kiddles likes the flower fairy postcard! I have been a little bit in love with the flower fairies series ever since I was a child, do you have it over there? They've made story books for all the different fairies in the last few years, so adorable! 

Not sure about the books.....what is a name or an author and I'll check!

kuddles

love the squares becca!! 

I was a good girl today, I walked through the yarn section at Joanns and only petted a few skeins even though bounce was 50% off....a double strand pink/white would be so very pretty wouldn't it?  :devil

I'll try to keep checking in! :)

I am in pit. Playing clarinet! I also play tenor sax, but haven't touched my sax in several years.

I play clarinet too!!   In high school,i was in the pit for Guys N Dolls

smith that was so good of you. I love going to look at yarn and touching even if I don't buy it. I just love touching the soft yarn.

aack,i cannot possibly keep up tonight, lol too tired to go through three pages, but everyone is chatting so that is good!! For all of you going through rough times, or stressing about something, or not feeling well, i send healing thoughts and prayers and hugs your way!!

Lovely eye candy, my goodness, you all have been soooo busy!!!

six weeks owlvamp, my oh my, that is a time.....at least you'll be home recooping in your own bed/house! And able to crochet a bit, when you feel better, but don't overdo, take care of you first.....Maybe some of us can help with the making of a few hats, and or scarves???

I don't know who to answer next, oh yeah, Kuddles, where are the pics of these bags, and second question, how the hec have I missed seeing them???? They SOUND adorable, but have yet to find the pic, Ill go looking in a few, lol

Becca you do lovely work!

Problems, big or small, seem to overwhelm us all at times, we just have to tell ourselves, this too shall pass.........and it will, and it won't have been as bad as your were expecting, I hope you get that job Becca!!

I don't know who to answer, or where to go next, lol want to look for a pic of Kuddles bags, so will see you all in the am again,,, oh and uh......

Is it close enough to midnight yet on the first???? Aug. FIrst......cause if you all say it is......I have a new queenie to announce........

Course if you would rather wait till tomorrow..........

Ok, here she be, lol I can't wait till tomorrow!!!! Our new queen, and therefore new crown wearer for the month of AUg is..........

lo and behold, our New Queen OwlVamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she would like.......12 inch, WW, any colors! Congratz Your Highness, may your reign be prosperous, and your afghan be filled with squares! Speech, Speech!!!!!!

Pledging is now open,I pledge at least one!!!!!

OH< found the bags, how precious!! I love butterflies, so I like that one best, but they are all adorable!!! Seems i skipped a whole page of posts, but am fairly caught up now, lol SOrry it took me so long to answer kuddles, I do love the bags,they are terrific!!! OH....im almost falling asleep, night all!!!!!!!! My @@'s are growing dim, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Congrats, Owlvamp!  Our new queen!  Smith, I will send you at least a couple of squares next week.  I have a few others I'm sending to other recipients.  

Good night to all the U.S. squares and good morning/afternoon to our international squares :hug

Woohoo! Congratulations Owlvamp! Brilliant news, may I bow down to you our queenie  :yay

I have a couple of squares waiting to post to you already... but they are not 12"... is this ok? If not I will make some others or add to them.

Today I am determined, I didn't get out of bed yesterday, so this morning I am up, showered and dressed. 

I'm also a bit nervous as I'm about to wash a small blanket I made... will it stay together?!! Haha

Bad news about MIL's health yesterday, we know that she is terminal but it seems things are progressing a bit quicker now :( But, we are all so very grateful for the time shes had, the diagnosis was 15 months ago and we thought she'd be lucky to see last Christmas - so we are very blessed. And now it means I am extra determined to use that yummy new yarn to get a lapghan done for her as soon a possible. 

Oooh I think someone asked for a pic of this yummy yarn didn't they? Katy think it was you? Here it is:

post-67796-0-18409200-1375351555_thumb.jpg

It is a little bit more pastel-like in real life, I love it!

Right, wish me luck with the washing machine venture haha! 

Wishing you all a lovely Thursday x

Archived