Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh my gosh, you guys, I have so much internet to catch up on. I have blog post drafts that are months old and emails and conversations I need to respond to. I just don't even.

My husband's uncle passed away yesterday. :( He had just gotten some tests done and was all right, and he'd been scheduled for valve replacement surgery. Then Saturday night he drove himself into the hospital and it ended up his kidneys were failing. FIL (his brother) got up there Sunday morning and probably around nine, ten or so the report was that he was awake, though not talking because he was on a respirator. Then Sunday afternoon DH called me while I was out shopping with the little guy, and said he didn't make it. I knew what had happened as soon as I answered the phone and his voice was quiet, but I still didn't quite believe it. I'd made up my mind that he was awake, his brother had gotten to the hospital, so everything was going to be ok, right? Right?

The worst part is, his only son (he's divorced and as far as I know the mother is not in the son's life at all) is working in California right now, and when he heard his dad was in the hospital it shocked him so bad he had a seizure, so HE was hospitalized TOO and couldn't come out and who knows if he'd even have been able to get here in time anyway, but yeah, it's just all bad. :(

Oh my! Tons of :hug for your family!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured I better check this thread a couple times a day in order to keep up on it all, and for you ms Kuddles, in the am, Good morning!!!!!!! lol

Good morning!!! Yup I'm the early bird around here!

Kuddles - I hope you had some ice cream, because that will make me feel better for how much I had!! I found these Lyons Golden Syrup cones, oh my, they are like heaven, but sooooo bad for me!! 

The yarn I fell in love with arrived today, my goodness it is every bit as beautiful in real life as I thought it would be. MIL is going to love a lap 'ghan made of this :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone xxxx

Well I had no ice cream in the house so..........oh wait! Drat! I have some Weight Watchers ice cream treats I forgot I bought! Well you know what I'll be having today!

Yummy to the yarn! Woot!

Well Kiddles and I are off today and will be going to do two exciting things! Oil change and renewing my drivers license! Now don't you all be too jealous....unless you want to be jealous of the donuts we will get! DD is right next to the oil change place and Mama needs her LARGE coffee!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Your yarn sounds awesome to play with.

My surgery date is August 7th.

Grannyannie I hope you are feeling better today.

Good morning everyone. Have a wonderful day !

Good Morning,

I tried to post this message last night but the computer was not cooperating. I thought I would post pics of the things that have been keeping me busy.

Outfits for my grandson.

post-4459-0-74886200-1375190273_thumb.jpg post-4459-0-87315500-1375190478_thumb.jpg post-4459-0-20387700-1375190648_thumb.jpg

A gift for a friend's first grandbaby.

post-4459-0-97808200-1375190822_thumb.jpg

A gift for friends who are preparing to become foster parents.

post-4459-0-18942100-1375191010_thumb.jpg

And some things for me.

post-4459-0-15191800-1375191224_thumb.jpg post-4459-0-13376300-1375191706_thumb.jpg

tealshawl_zpsa8e92bd6.jpg

viking.... :ghug

becca...kitty is just so cute!!

owlvamp....anxiously awaiting? 

grannyannie.... :hug   :sun

Aussie....thank you!! all the way from Australia?  :D  congratulations on your achievements!! Not everyone is cut out for nursing, trust me! 

cshort....lordy you have been busy!! 

I start my first day of vacation today!!!! Not much planned at all! I've got to get at least 300 miles on my bike and take it in for it's check-up. My pretty girl need some love this week. 

cshort - VERY impressed with you my dear!!!

Becca - howdy!

smith - hope you get my puffy soon!

Got my drivers license renewed.....first time in 20 years the weight listed is HIGHER than my current weight! Wootie  Woot Wootington!

kuddles

Good Morning! I haven't been on my computer much the past few days, mainly because I've been crocheting like a crazy lady! I'm on day 4 of my 5-day staycation, and it is SO nice to not having to worry about work! I've had a few little errands to run each day and that's pretty much it! Tomorrow night I start orchestra rehearsals for a local production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I'm super excited because Joseph is my favorite musical, but there are a lot of rehearsals that lead up to SIX performances! I don't think my hooks will get much attention in the next 2-3 weeks!

Hi all! I've been away for a few days again, I know. I have been trying to get things together so that I can hopefully go back to work soon. I got an offer yesterday, and I have to go up there today sometime to meet and talk to the guy. I hope it works out, I really need to go back to work! I've been working a little bit on my purse, I have one side done, but it's not totally hooked together yet (maybe half way there). I need to get cracking on that, and my other who knows how many WIPs...I'll eventually get them done! :D  But, I'm off for now ladies, I need to get ready to go talk to the owner guy of this place.

Happy hooking! and lots of :hug s for everyone!

Hello everyone,  thank you for all the love. I appreciate it and know that this spell will pass and I'll be feeling some better in a few days.  I'm sorry for going on about it here.  I really shouldn't talk about my health troubles since I know I won't be getting better in the long run, it's just something I have to live with and enjoy my time I have.  So please forgive me, I know others are having it much harder than myself.  On to crochet!  That's what this thread is supposed to be about, lol.  I've been testing out a couple of patterns for two different people.  One is done and is wonderful!!! (a new blanket by our own lovely Miss Crochet!)  and the other I'm struggling with for some reason.  I don't know why because I know the designer is terrific.  I must be missing something or mis-reading something.  I'll try again today before contacting her.  In between this I've been doing the mystery afghan square that Julie Yeager has going on on Ravelry, the Sun Catcher Square.  Is anyone else doing it?  It's gorgeous and the mystery ends soon!  When it comes down the pattern goes up for sale.  Today is clue 4 I believe.  Oh, I've got to go get it before I leave for the doctor's!!!  What else, hmmm, oh yeah, I'm still working on the baby blanket here and there when ever I have a few minutes.  I also have made a couple squares to send out to someone in this group, not telling who!  Have a wonderful day all and thanks again for the hugs!

Katie, the squares are beautiful!  they will make a wonderful baby blanket! Is that what you have decided to do with them?  If you didn't want to I'd be happy to take them.  I think they would make a lovely lapsquare for survivors.  We make a smallish lapblanket and have younger survivors also.  I don't have many items for the young ones right now, so you've got me thinking I should make something,lol.

Viking, hugs to you and your family, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aussie, congrats!!!

Maria, thank you so much.

Becca, thank you, gentle hugs right back at ya!

Kuddles,  how's the DD?! :D  :mug   Did you succumb to the temptation and get a donut?  Oooohhh a nice chocolate frosted, mmmm.

owlvamp, will keep the 7th in mind, not too much longer!  you will remain in my prayers...

cshort, wowsa! you have been busy!  I love everything.  I sure wish that I could sew.  For some reason sewing machines don't like me, lol.

smith, enjoy your vacation!

mandymae, enjoy you vaca too and most especially the musical!  Sounds wonderful!!!

Katiebug, good luck to you.  I hope it all works out for the best. :hug

I hope that I didn't miss anyone.  Hugs to all! :hug 

Kuddles,  how's the DD?! :D  :mug   Did you succumb to the temptation and get a donut?  Oooohhh a nice chocolate frosted, mmmm.

Of course I did! LOL!!!

Feel better sweetie!

kuddles

Wow cshort you were really busy.

Yes the day is getting closer and I can't wait for it to be over with .

What's everyone up to today?

Wow everyone has been busy creating such beautiful things!! Loving the eye candy!!

And Cuddles I think I just fell in love with Lucky!! 

Had a really bad afternoon :( But I'm going to take grannyannie's lead and remember there are people far worse off than myself, I've shed enough tears for one day. Work deciding to give me a few hundred pounds less this month for being off sick is going to rather curb my yarn buying addiction... OH would no doubt think this is a good thing though! 

I WANT MY PUFFYS TO ARRIVE TO YOU GUYS!! (Stamping feet) Why aren't they there yet?! Stooopid slow international post haha! 

Hmmmmm... ice cream time! (Sorry Kuddles haha! But you did have donuts - I'm very jealous!!) 

Love to you all squares xxx

Viking so sorry for your loss. :hug

Aussie a big congratulations to you.

cshort, wow you have accomplished a lot.  I like them all.

Katie, I like those squares.  For awhile I thought Century Link was just picking on me so I don't feel so bad now.

Susan, happy vacation. 

Wow everyone has been busy creating such beautiful things!! Loving the eye candy!!

And Cuddles I think I just fell in love with Lucky!! 

Had a really bad afternoon :( But I'm going to take grannyannie's lead and remember there are people far worse off than myself, I've shed enough tears for one day. Work deciding to give me a few hundred pounds less this month for being off sick is going to rather curb my yarn buying addiction... OH would no doubt think this is a good thing though! 

I WANT MY PUFFYS TO ARRIVE TO YOU GUYS!! (Stamping feet) Why aren't they there yet?! Stooopid slow international post haha! 

Hmmmmm... ice cream time! (Sorry Kuddles haha! But you did have donuts - I'm very jealous!!) 

Love to you all squares xxx

I really try hard (but fail most of the time) to remember how lucky I am compared to others. But remember that you also have the right to 'feel' the way you feel! Embrace it, then you can move on! :hug

It's okay you fell in love with Lucky. He is one cutie! Still very much a puppy though and is very trying at times! But I'll blink and he will be older and such a great dog!

Donut? Oh yeah that was so 10 hours ago! And I had one of the small (and I mean small) Weight Watcher ice cream cones after dinner. Yummo!

Have a good nite!

kuddles

Afternoon squares! 

VikingRunnerGirl - I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news, my thoughts are with your family at such a difficult time  :hug

Katy - Wow those squares are so pretty! Great job! 

AussiePaula - congratulations on the achievement, really well done! Glad you are getting lots of time to crochet between work :)

Grannyannie - I really hope you start to feel better soon, I have a chronic condition called M.E. and I know how horribly frustrating it is when things flare up or you have a relapse,  :hug to you too. 

Owlvamp - Hope things are going a bit better for you, do you have a date for the surgery yet? 

Kuddles - I hope you had some ice cream, because that will make me feel better for how much I had!! I found these Lyons Golden Syrup cones, oh my, they are like heaven, but sooooo bad for me!! 

I hope I haven't missed anyone...

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my curvy lady Kotka, she has hit middle age and just ballooned bless her! It happens to the best of us! (Particularly when they're partial to ice cream!!)

The yarn I fell in love with arrived today, my goodness it is every bit as beautiful in real life as I thought it would be. MIL is going to love a lap 'ghan made of this :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone xxxx

we need to see pics of this so called yummy yarn, lol

Aug 7th, wow. how long will recovery be owlvamp??

viking.... :ghug

becca...kitty is just so cute!!

owlvamp....anxiously awaiting? 

grannyannie.... :hug   :sun

Aussie....thank you!! all the way from Australia?  :D  congratulations on your achievements!! Not everyone is cut out for nursing, trust me! 

cshort....lordy you have been busy!! 

I start my first day of vacation today!!!! Not much planned at all! I've got to get at least 300 miles on my bike and take it in for it's check-up. My pretty girl need some love this week. 

yay!

And those outfits are adorable, my oh my, he is one lucky grandson cshort!

not much new here, a cloudy dreary day, showers tomorrow, something in the air though, bothering my alergies lately.. Or maybe it's cause the windows are partly open sometimes in the day.....Got a rule, No Dark air allowed in the house, so at night fall, all windows are closed, or such is the rule dear daughter made when way younger, Mom!! Don't let that dark air in!! like it would envelope us and anhilate us overnight! I wonder if she still follwes that rule at her place??? lol

oh my, just spent some time working on my two strand baby yarn squares, they are fun, im enjoying working a bit with pastels for a change. and getting more used to the weight of the baby yarn doubled too.

It's fun, matching up two colors of yarn, or two strands of the same, or white and a color, lol Im having fun with it. I don't know how many Ill make, but I have edged a few in white for putting it together when it's time, soooo, we'll wait and see.....

Becca, please resend that long addy of yours, I have misplaced where I wrote it down.......and I have a couple little squares, that have been begging me since they were made to visit and LIVE actually somewhere overseas!!!!!!!! So, when you have the time, please resend and thank y ou!

Today i was so fatiqued, woke up tired, had to go to the store, didn't want to, but finally did, and then home, and haven't done much else today. oh well I guess all of us have those days, huh...

Hugs to all those out there that need them, and will catch up with you all later this evening!  

Ann and Becca, :hug  :hug  :hug for you. 

Kuddles, you make the cutest bags and that shot of Lucky just makes me smile.

Thanks!! I enjoy making them and since I have an embroidery machine, I try to use that when I can. The file for Sofia was 5 bucks and turned out so great!

Glad Lucky made you smile!

kuddles

Hi, busy squares!  My little contribution today is a link to some clips of Chicago the Musical that I went to on Saturday.  Bill Compton (True Blood) was Billy Flynn!  It was a fantastic show.  I was looking for a particular clip, but it doesn't seem to be online.  It's during the second half, and Billy is singing Razzle Dazzle.  

Edit:  I found it!  Here's a youtube video.  Jump to 3:09 to see what had us cracking up.  If you watch True Blood, you'll catch the reference.  Want more clips?  Oh, okay :)  Chicago

Here's the star-studded cast:  

Brooke Shieldsdirector

Rob Fisherconductor

Gregory Butlerchoreographer

Samantha BarksVelma

Drew CareyAmos

Lucy LawlessMama Morton

Stephen MoyerBilly

Ashlee SimpsonRoxie

I pray that your surgery goes well and that you have a quick recovery :hug

Good Morning,

I tried to post this message last night but the computer was not cooperating. I thought I would post pics of the things that have been keeping me busy.

Outfits for my grandson.

attachicon.gifcars outfit.jpg attachicon.gifMonsters outfit.jpg attachicon.gifNeverland pirates outfit.jpg

A gift for a friend's first grandbaby.

attachicon.gifanchor romper.jpg

A gift for friends who are preparing to become foster parents.

attachicon.gifclusters baby afghan.jpg

And some things for me.

attachicon.gifpurple scarf.jpg attachicon.gifwhite shawl.jpg

tealshawl_zpsa8e92bd6.jpg

I love all your FO's!  What pattern did you use for the shawl?

Good Morning! I haven't been on my computer much the past few days, mainly because I've been crocheting like a crazy lady! I'm on day 4 of my 5-day staycation, and it is SO nice to not having to worry about work! I've had a few little errands to run each day and that's pretty much it! Tomorrow night I start orchestra rehearsals for a local production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I'm super excited because Joseph is my favorite musical, but there are a lot of rehearsals that lead up to SIX performances! I don't think my hooks will get much attention in the next 2-3 weeks!

How fun!  What instrument do you play?

Hi all! I've been away for a few days again, I know. I have been trying to get things together so that I can hopefully go back to work soon. I got an offer yesterday, and I have to go up there today sometime to meet and talk to the guy. I hope it works out, I really need to go back to work! I've been working a little bit on my purse, I have one side done, but it's not totally hooked together yet (maybe half way there). I need to get cracking on that, and my other who knows how many WIPs...I'll eventually get them done! :D  But, I'm off for now ladies, I need to get ready to go talk to the owner guy of this place.

Happy hooking! and lots of :hug s for everyone!

Good luck with your prospective job and your purse :)

Here is what I did today! Finished up 3 totes!

Princess Sofia for Kiddles.

Batik butterfly for a friend for her BD

Mickey/Minnie for ME ME ME!

kuddles

More goodies!  I love your totes :)

Oh, and a note from tiffer, thanking her "angels" for her puffy from the may Free For All.....SHe has a heavy load, and won't be participating for awhile, in our swapping, but wll come back, when her schedule is lighter!

Hello, I guess it's feast or famine with me, no posts for days and then 2 in the same day.

smith, enjoy your vacation time.

mandymae, staycations ca be so relaxing, enjoy it cause it sounds like you are going to be busy soon.

KatieBug, I hoped the job works out.

grannyannie, hope you’re feeling better. Did you figure out the pattern?

kuddlekubs, I love the bags, “the Mouse” is my favorite. My granddaughter would love the Sofia bag, I spent today working on a Sofia inspired outfit for her, I’ll post a picture when I finish it.

beccalovely, I'm sorry you had a rough day, hope things are better. And anytime is ice cream time.

kateyallen, hope you’re feeling more energetic, I occasionally have those days too.

I spent the day sewing, couldn't go anyplace if I wanted to, my car has been at the mechanic since yesterday. But we think we finally know what is wrong and it should be fixed tomorrow morning, Yay! Now for some crocheting.

Look what I found in my mailbox!!! Thank you kuddles! I really like the sparkles!!  :manyheart  I am sure getting spoiled!!! 

post-17683-0-68535100-1375228445_thumb.jpg

Archived