Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Such gorgeous squares. I just read back through a couple pages. Hugs for you Ann. I'm sorry for your loss xx.

Maria I watched the link you posted on Facebook. Stephen sure can sing! I didn't miss the Bill moment lol.

It's a dreary overcast day here today. A good day to pull out my second disc of pride and prejudice. I spent a good hour last night admiring people's groovy 'ghans. I really want to start one but I have so many projects on the go at the moment. My daughter goes on her second hub (scholarship camp) the first week of September and she wants me to finish her skulduggery afghan before then. My poor afghan hook has about 30 different colour changes hanging off it and I've only just started. It's all her own design and she drew the picture that I graphed.

Becca can I get your address too please. I found a square I want to make you.

I hope everyone has a great day/night.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such gorgeous squares. I just read back through a couple pages. Hugs for you Ann. I'm sorry for your loss xx.

Maria I watched the link you posted on Facebook. Stephen sure can sing! I didn't miss the Bill moment lol.

It's a dreary overcast day here today. A good day to pull out my second disc of pride and prejudice. I spent a good hour last night admiring people's groovy 'ghans. I really want to start one but I have so many projects on the go at the moment. My daughter goes on her second hub (scholarship camp) the first week of September and she wants me to finish her skulduggery afghan before then. My poor afghan hook has about 30 different colour changes hanging off it and I've only just started. It's all her own design and she drew the picture that I graphed.

Becca can I get your address too please. I found a square I want to make you.

I hope everyone has a great day/night.

I was surprised that he's a very decent singer.  It was fun watching him do something different, very different.  

Good luck with your daughter's afghan.  I haven't had a chance to pick up the Bernat CAL -- again.  We will soon, I hope :)

Major life issues. But we (me and my Bf, may as well be married lol) will get through it together. Just please keep us in your prayers. You all are awesome. Thank you so much for everything you all have done for me

Good Morning,

I tried to post this message last night but the computer was not cooperating. I thought I would post pics of the things that have been keeping me busy.

Outfits for my grandson.

attachicon.gifcars outfit.jpg attachicon.gifMonsters outfit.jpg attachicon.gifNeverland pirates outfit.jpg

A gift for a friend's first grandbaby.

attachicon.gifanchor romper.jpg

A gift for friends who are preparing to become foster parents.

attachicon.gifclusters baby afghan.jpg

And some things for me.

attachicon.gifpurple scarf.jpg attachicon.gifwhite shawl.jpg

tealshawl_zpsa8e92bd6.jpg

Somebody has been very, very busy.  The teal/turquoise shawl is STUNNING!!  What pattern did you use for the baby blanket?

How fun!  What instrument do you play?

I play clarinet. I started playing when I was 9, and haven't stopped since! (that puts me at just shy of 18 years total). 

mandymae, staycations ca be so relaxing, enjoy it cause it sounds like you are going to be busy soon.

It's been really nice! I've had some errands to run here and there, but I also had some lunch and dinner get-togethers with a few friends, so that has been fun! My dad just got back from a week-long motorcycle trip around the great lakes and through Canada, and my sister left for Hawaii this past Saturday for her vacation, so that's why I scheduled myself a few days off. Even if I can't go anywhere, I still wanted some time away from work!

Good Morning! I haven't been on my computer much the past few days, mainly because I've been crocheting like a crazy lady! I'm on day 4 of my 5-day staycation, and it is SO nice to not having to worry about work! I've had a few little errands to run each day and that's pretty much it! Tomorrow night I start orchestra rehearsals for a local production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I'm super excited because Joseph is my favorite musical, but there are a lot of rehearsals that lead up to SIX performances! I don't think my hooks will get much attention in the next 2-3 weeks!

Are you in the pit?   What do you play?

Here is what I did today! Finished up 3 totes!

Princess Sofia for Kiddles.

Batik butterfly for a friend for her BD

Mickey/Minnie for ME ME ME!

kuddles

Awesome work!!

smith both your blocks are beautiful. I love them

I put my order in kuddle for a Mickey Mouse bag.LOL I love Mickey Mouse!!

Your bags are beautiful and you sure were busy with those .

becca. I sure hope you are feeling better.

I will be down for 6 weeks. It will give me time to make hats for the foster children in December. Have over a hundred to do. Plus then some for the homeless and the women shelters. Plus some scarves as well. So I will try to stay busy.

I play clarinet. I started playing when I was 9, and haven't stopped since! (that puts me at just shy of 18 years total). 

I played clarinet for a few years!  My first instrument and love was the violin.  I continued playing until I graduated from high school and then for myself.  I really miss those days we'd play at different venues or compete.  Post a pic of you playing!  You have me reminiscing now :)

It's been really nice! I've had some errands to run here and there, but I also had some lunch and dinner get-togethers with a few friends, so that has been fun! My dad just got back from a week-long motorcycle trip around the great lakes and through Canada, and my sister left for Hawaii this past Saturday for her vacation, so that's why I scheduled myself a few days off. Even if I can't go anywhere, I still wanted some time away from work!

I know the feeling.  I live with my brother, SIL, and niece, and sometimes my sister sleeps over with her four kids -- in my room!  I try to hide whenever possible :D

smith both your blocks are beautiful. I love them

I put my order in kuddle for a Mickey Mouse bag.LOL I love Mickey Mouse!!

Your bags are beautiful and you sure were busy with those .

becca. I sure hope you are feeling better.

I will be down for 6 weeks. It will give me time to make hats for the foster children in December. Have over a hundred to do. Plus then some for the homeless and the women shelters. Plus some scarves as well. So I will try to stay busy.

Owlvamp, that's a long time!  I am amazed that you are going to attempt to make so much.  I wish I lived close to you to visit you.  Lots of prayers :hug

Got a lot done and now off to bed.

Wow becca is going to love hearing that. She was hoping for people to start to receive her puffy's. you just made her day.

Good night all.

AngelRoseLite thank you at least you all are in my heart. I'll be home after 3 days so I will get on and chat some too.

Wow, what a lovely way to wake up - reading all the group news - AND FINALLY A PUFFY ARRIVED!!  :clap - You're so right Owlvamp, that really has made my day! 

So many talented people here with all the making and instrument playing, love it! 

You remember that phone call I didn't want to make... well I buried my head in the sand and still didn't make it, but today I have to. Basically, before something awful happened at work and I was signed off sick I was offered a job in another hospital. I really wanted this job, I needed to get away from the hospital I currently work in, and instead of having 15 patients to one nurse, in the new job it would be one to one nursing, which would be like a dream. Then the awful thing happened and I got signed off, and now I don't know if the new job will wait for me or not, and today I have to ring and find out. I feel sick, I don't want to hear bad news, but at the same time I know that once I find out at least I'll know what I have to deal with. Sorry, I don't mean to moan when others have far bigger things to deal with, I'm just struggling with coping with the smallest of things at the moment, and I needed to tell someone. 

Anyway, thank you so much to those that have asked for my address, I will PM you in a minute  :manyheart

ok deep breaths, have a phone call to make....

Look what I found in my mailbox!!! Thank you kuddles! I really like the sparkles!!  :manyheart  I am sure getting spoiled!!! 

Oh goodie, they arrived!!!! So glad you like them! Hope they fit in on your ghan nicely!!

kuddles

Wow, what a lovely way to wake up - reading all the group news - AND FINALLY A PUFFY ARRIVED!!  :clap - You're so right Owlvamp, that really has made my day! 

So many talented people here with all the making and instrument playing, love it! 

You remember that phone call I didn't want to make... well I buried my head in the sand and still didn't make it, but today I have to. Basically, before something awful happened at work and I was signed off sick I was offered a job in another hospital. I really wanted this job, I needed to get away from the hospital I currently work in, and instead of having 15 patients to one nurse, in the new job it would be one to one nursing, which would be like a dream. Then the awful thing happened and I got signed off, and now I don't know if the new job will wait for me or not, and today I have to ring and find out. I feel sick, I don't want to hear bad news, but at the same time I know that once I find out at least I'll know what I have to deal with. Sorry, I don't mean to moan when others have far bigger things to deal with, I'm just struggling with coping with the smallest of things at the moment, and I needed to tell someone. 

Anyway, thank you so much to those that have asked for my address, I will PM you in a minute  :manyheart

ok deep breaths, have a phone call to make....

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Waiting to hear the result!

kuddles

Thanks for the kudos on my totes! Basic totes are so easy.....the hardest and longest part is choosing the fabric, ironing the fabric, cutting out the fabric and the interfacing, cutting out both, ironing on the interfacing, whew....................the sewing is a breeze after that!!! The mickey bag is actually a purse with pockets and a snap closure. Usually do zipper but wanted this one simple.......

Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Well its kinda mixed news. They will hold the position pending an appointment with Occupational Health, and then it will depend on how long it is until I'm able to return to work. Very fair of them in my opinion. So will just have to wait for the appointment to come through and hope for the best. 

Phew, it is certainly a relief to have faced the music. I really do feel bad for making a big deal of something rather pathetic considering what others are going through at the moment, I'm sorry. 

Hope you're all having a pleasant mid-week x

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my projects.

Honex99, the afghan pattern is Cluster Stripes it is in The Big Book of Baby Afghans from Leisure Arts

smith, those are very pretty squares.

Aussie_paula, I hope you’ll share a picture of the afghan when it’s finished.

Immafreek, sorry life is challenging you right now, hope things are better soon.

beccalovely, hope things work out with the job change.

I’m doing some more sewing until my car is ready and then I have a couple of errands to run.

Have a great day everyone!

:cry  my reign is almost over. I love all the beautiful squares of all different colors and styles. They are on the table and I go through them, pet them, look at them...

becca...the old saying goes...one door closes another one opens  :hug  or the one I like...life just sucks sometimes 

imma.... :ghug

not a very busy day....shopping for a rug and nick-nacks, we just kinda threw things up so it's kinda still crazy. I also have to do the bills and budget...blah! I have to drop by the post office today too. I found out the cost of my BSN yesterday... :eek  The good thing is it's all on-line and I can basically go at my own pace. I have to get it done in the next few years if I want to move onward and upward. Hopefully dh will score a good position once he graduates in August. 

becca good you called at least it's off your mind. But remember we all put things off we don't want to at times.

I've had really bad migraines for almost 7 years now. Most of the time they are unbearable. I've been to the doctor more times than a cod liver pill. The money I wasted and they are not better. I had a MRI of the brain to rule out tumor there. It took me 6 months to get the nerve to ask about it. I just kept telling myself if it was bad they would tell. So it's okay to vent .

Hope everyone's day goes wonderful.

Have a few errands to run myself and take Tank for a nail trim . Will do the others myself.

Good day all.

Archived