Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Becca, glad your appointment went well and there is just something therapeutic about holding those little balls of fur in your hand.  They just seem to make you forget about your troubles.

Kuddles, sorry you are having a rough day at work, hopefully Kiddles will be on her best behavior for you tonight.

Well Kiddles is 9 so 'best behavior' isn't saying much these days! She was on her 'so so behavior'!

kuddles, :hug  Hope that boss of yours smartens up!

He didn't. And won't. Sad to say.....

and here's my current grey tabby Max, they never knew each other, but the are sooo alike in so many ways!!

attachicon.gif100_2381.jpg

Your kitties are so cute!

HI Squares

Becca...love the kitty pics.  I really like the name that someone suggested...Xena (Warrior Princess).  I have depression too and some days are better than others.   Yesterday was not one of them.  I litterally spent an entire afternoon trying to get a LIVE person on the phone.  I have been sent credit cards in the mail that I did not apply for and terrified of identity theft.  I was ready to throw the phone throw the wall when I went outside and pet the neighbor's dog.  Made me feel so much better.

Owlvamp...good luck on your surgery

Not to gossip, but I heard today that Hobby Lobby is going bankrupt.......

Sorry you had to spend so much time and get so frustrated! I think we've all been there.....

Tonight is my only night off this week from rehearsals/performances, but we had an absolutely rotten day at work, so I'm hardly relaxing tonight! My company laid off 67 people, and 5 of those people were from my already-small department. I'm thankful that my job was spared, but I'm heartbroken for my friends who had to leave. Two of the women are single moms, and another woman is recently married and expecting her first baby in January. It's just such a mess.

Oh hon, I feel for you! It was just over 3 years ago when I was 'laid off' from my job of 10 years! That was one year after they laid off 35 people! It devastated my life, especially financially. Still not 'back' from it.....making about half what I used to make. And the owner didn't even care. So sad.

I had a cat named spunky when I was little. We named her such because she was the first to do everything. open her eyes climb out of the birthing box, eat hard food. ECT. I loved her so much. She went out one day and didnt come back for about a week. When she got home her front paw was all mangled and dragging the ground. she couldnt use it. My meany step father put her in a box and told mom to leave her outside she would be dead in a day. I came in the house in tears told mom it was raining out and asked to bring her in. We made up a box/bed for her and I never left that cats side. I read books to her fed her food by hand one piece at a time. and even slept on the floor beside her box. That cat out lived my step father. Mom always says when she tells this story if love can save a life that is exactly what happend

Ahhhhhhh hon!

Good night ladies. Talk to you all in a few days. 6 am will come to early but gotta try to sleep some. My poor Tank knows something is up and I cried today knowing he won't be by my side like he is all day. He stay right under my feet all day more than ever. So I know he knows . He's in bed with me right now. Poor thing.

Okay on the colors.

Good night all!

Good luck! Prayers and hugs for you!

Well going to the other office first thing today......have a few things to do there and this way I don't have to deal with my 'boss' for a few hours. Are you like me? Some days I simply can not deal with him!  This week is going that way! I need to shake it off and not allow him to affect my mood like this! Easier said than done.....

Enough complaining...sorry!

I hope all of you have a glorious day!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw Kuddles hun, really hope today is going better. Honestly sometimes you just reach your limit with certain people! But fear not, itll pass again and you'll find him easier to tolerate for a while, least thats how it used to be for me. Who says women are hormonal?! haha. It is rubbish having to work with someone who makes life difficult. I have crystals that I wear in my bra to give me extra strength and serenity, personally I swear they work, but it's not for everyone. 

Katie I completely forgot to say earlier how absolutely gorgeous your kitty-cats are/were! I drooled over them! The colourings of Precious the Siamese are totally dreamy! 

Grannyannie - thank you for the birthday wishes for OH, I shall pass them on :) Ooooh I look forward to seeing your finished project! Hope you can have a restful day after so little sleep  :hug

Pics of cats!!!! Oh I love cats!!! Here is a pic of the huge fluffball I left in Sweden (a decision I still regret but, at the time, the fees for getting a pet passport and the added injections she would have needed were far to much money).

This is Saga, my lovely Norweigan Forest Cat.

post-54070-0-16499200-1375890483_thumb.jpg

We are currently looking to rehome a cat. We want one that is young and needs a forever home.

Got a square heading over to the States for our Queen. :cheer

I'm a bit starstruck right now. A well-known name has joined my group on Ravelry... THE Deramores! :D And shortly there might be a certain Attic24 joining as well!!!! :elle  :c9 I've been networking :lol

Pics of cats!!!! Oh I love cats!!! Here is a pic of the huge fluffball I left in Sweden (a decision I still regret but, at the time, the fees for getting a pet passport and the added injections she would have needed were far to much money).

attachicon.gifSL380936.JPG

Awww so beautiful! I know how hard that must have been, when my marriage broke down I had to leave behind my baby boys Eric and Milo, heartbreaking. At least we were lucky enough to have them in our lives for a period hey :) 

We are currently looking to rehome a cat. We want one that is young and needs a forever home.

I can think of one!!! haha xxxx

I just couldnt resist... you've seen my 'curvy lady' Kotka making use of the pet bed I've made, and you've seen Mika and her babies, so its only fair I don't leave little Misty out... 

post-67796-0-29948400-1375893826_thumb.jpg

She is a lovely little girl but unfortunately she doesn't get on with our rescue dog so she spends a lot of time outdoors these days bless her. But I go and get her for a cuddle and snuggles upstairs with me whenever I can :) 

Aw Kuddles hun, really hope today is going better. Honestly sometimes you just reach your limit with certain people! But fear not, itll pass again and you'll find him easier to tolerate for a while, least thats how it used to be for me. Who says women are hormonal?! haha. It is rubbish having to work with someone who makes life difficult. I have crystals that I wear in my bra to give me extra strength and serenity, personally I swear they work, but it's not for everyone. 

Katie I completely forgot to say earlier how absolutely gorgeous your kitty-cats are/were! I drooled over them! The colourings of Precious the Siamese are totally dreamy! 

Grannyannie - thank you for the birthday wishes for OH, I shall pass them on :) Ooooh I look forward to seeing your finished project! Hope you can have a restful day after so little sleep  :hug

Thanks.......we'll see how it all plays out! Just not a good week to cross me! LOL

I'm a bit starstruck right now. A well-known name has joined my group on Ravelry... THE Deramores! :D And shortly there might be a certain Attic24 joining as well!!!! :elle  :c9 I've been networking :lol

Cool cat! And wow! Congrats on the joiners!

kuddles

He didn't. And won't. Sad to say.....

Well going to the other office first thing today......have a few things to do there and this way I don't have to deal with my 'boss' for a few hours. Are you like me? Some days I simply can not deal with him!  This week is going that way! I need to shake it off and not allow him to affect my mood like this! Easier said than done.....

I hope all of you have a glorious day!

kuddles

:hug I've had bosses like that.  Sometimes you just have to ignore as best you can and carry on.

I believe in the power of crystals too, they are amazing. Hope your OH has had a wonderful birthday.

Awww, what a beautiful kitty.  Congrats on the joiners!  One of these days I might have to come out of lurker mode, lol!

I just couldnt resist... you've seen my 'curvy lady' Kotka making use of the pet bed I've made, and you've seen Mika and her babies, so its only fair I don't leave little Misty out... 

attachicon.gifIMG_2292.JPG

She is a lovely little girl but unfortunately she doesn't get on with our rescue dog so she spends a lot of time outdoors these days bless her. But I go and get her for a cuddle and snuggles upstairs with me whenever I can :)

Awww, how sweet!

I litterally spent an entire afternoon trying to get a LIVE person on the phone.  I have been sent credit cards in the mail that I did not apply for and terrified of identity theft.  I was ready to throw the phone throw the wall when I went outside and pet the neighbor's dog.  Made me feel so much better.

Not to gossip, but I heard today that Hobby Lobby is going bankrupt.......

I find it so frustrating that they make it so hard to get to a live person on the phone and often when you do you can't understand them.  Identity theft is so scary and from the stories you hear about it seems easy to do and so very difficult for the victim to get it straightened out.............glad you had the neighbor's dog to pet for therapy. 

Sorry to hear that about Hobby Lobby.  The one I used to go to moved and I don't get to stop there much anymore.

Tonight is my only night off this week from rehearsals/performances, but we had an absolutely rotten day at work, so I'm hardly relaxing tonight! My company laid off 67 people, and 5 of those people were from my already-small department. I'm thankful that my job was spared, but I'm heartbroken for my friends who had to leave. Two of the women are single moms, and another woman is recently married and expecting her first baby in January. It's just such a mess.

Glad you were spared, so sorry for your friends.

I had a cat named spunky when I was little. We named her such because she was the first to do everything. open her eyes climb out of the birthing box, eat hard food. ECT. I loved her so much. She went out one day and didnt come back for about a week. When she got home her front paw was all mangled and dragging the ground. she couldnt use it. My meany step father put her in a box and told mom to leave her outside she would be dead in a day. I came in the house in tears told mom it was raining out and asked to bring her in. We made up a box/bed for her and I never left that cats side. I read books to her fed her food by hand one piece at a time. and even slept on the floor beside her box. That cat out lived my step father. Mom always says when she tells this story if love can save a life that is exactly what happend

What an awesome story!

Good night ladies. Talk to you all in a few days. 6 am will come to early but gotta try to sleep some. My poor Tank knows something is up and I cried today knowing he won't be by my side like he is all day. He stay right under my feet all day more than ever. So I know he knows . He's in bed with me right now. Poor thing.

Okay on the colors.

Good night all!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Puffy mailed out to you today.

Where is this supposed improving economy that we are being told about?  I only feel and see the pinch even more everywhere.  

That's what I was thinking.

Glad you got a few hours of reprieve.  Its awful hard working in such tight quarters with someone like that.  I would have to lock myself in the bathroom and meditate. 

Hmm its half past midnight... I should really get some sleep! 

Have been busy crocheting because.... drum roll... little rejected kitty has been accepted back into the fold by mummy cat!!  :cheer She's cleaned her all up and let her feed, and kitty has been in the nest with the rest of the family for about 6 hours now :) 

So, I have finished MIL's lapghan, made a couple more squares for our Queen and started a pet bed/rug :) 

I really should put the crochet to one side though and get some sleep! Hope you all have had a lovely Wednesday  :ghug

Night squares x

Loving all the kitty pictures!  I'm allergic, unfortunately.  It was easier keeping birds because they didn't roam the house and also my miniature poodles because they didn't shed.  

Skoggy, I'm so excited for you!  I saw the FB message you posted on Deramores' page.  How exciting about Lucy too.  I haven't had a chance to pick someone to swap with.  I think I'll do that tonight.  

I had so much to read and didn't multiquote, and now I've forgotten what I wanted to write!  Ugh.  I'm just hungry, and a diabetic+hunger do not mix well.  I'll go get a salad or something.  I'm really craving something sweet, but I'll have to settle for something healthier.  Too bad the chocolates (sugar-free) Skoggy sent me are gone from the face of the Earth.  Heeheehee.

Ooh!  I ordered the 200 Blocks book by Ms. Eaton!  I love Amazon Prime.  It will get here on Friday.  Yay!

:mailbox Puffy alert  :mailbox   I am packaging some tonight and then posting the names of the recipients.  My brain is refusing to focus without food.  :lol

:cake Happy birthday to your OH, Becca!

wow, so much to answer, so short of memory, lol

dragnlady what a touching story, thanks for sharing, emma, and becca, such pretty little kitties!! Pineknot, you are so giving! Owlvamp will return to tank soon,and all will be well is his world again...

Pets really do suffer separation anxiety... I sometimes pet sit for neighbors on vacation and such, and just absolutely hate leaving them after a visit, as I know they aren't used to being alone, and are missing their humans....

I think i jave that baby afghan finsihed, all but the edging, so will finish that up maybe tomorrow, and put it in the donation pile for fall. turned out really cute, I think..

Other than that, nothing much else happening, so ill sign off tonight!! Hope Owlvamps surgery went well, and she is resting comfortably, ok well, as comfortable as one can in a hospital bed!!

Have been busy crocheting because.... drum roll... little rejected kitty has been accepted back into the fold by mummy cat!!  :cheer She's cleaned her all up and let her feed, and kitty has been in the nest with the rest of the family for about 6 hours now :)

So, I have finished MIL's lapghan, made a couple more squares for our Queen and started a pet bed/rug :)

I really should put the crochet to one side though and get some sleep! Hope you all have had a lovely Wednesday  :ghug

Night squares x

Hi  Becca! So glad to hear about the kitty! Woot!

Yes get some sleep girl!

Loving all the kitty pictures!  I'm allergic, unfortunately.  It was easier keeping birds because they didn't roam the house and also my miniature poodles because they didn't shed.  

Skoggy, I'm so excited for you!  I saw the FB message you posted on Deramores' page.  How exciting about Lucy too.  I haven't had a chance to pick someone to swap with.  I think I'll do that tonight.  

I had so much to read and didn't multiquote, and now I've forgotten what I wanted to write!  Ugh.  I'm just hungry, and a diabetic+hunger do not mix well.  I'll go get a salad or something.  I'm really craving something sweet, but I'll have to settle for something healthier.  Too bad the chocolates (sugar-free) Skoggy sent me are gone from the face of the Earth.  Heeheehee.

Ooh!  I ordered the 200 Blocks book by Ms. Eaton!  I love Amazon Prime.  It will get here on Friday.  Yay!

:mailbox Puffy alert  :mailbox   I am packaging some tonight and then posting the names of the recipients.  My brain is refusing to focus without food.   :lol

:cake Happy birthday to your OH, Becca!

Hi! :clap

wow, so much to answer, so short of memory, lol

dragnlady what a touching story, thanks for sharing, emma, and becca, such pretty little kitties!! Pineknot, you are so giving! Owlvamp will return to tank soon,and all will be well is his world again...

Pets really do suffer separation anxiety... I sometimes pet sit for neighbors on vacation and such, and just absolutely hate leaving them after a visit, as I know they aren't used to being alone, and are missing their humans....

I think i jave that baby afghan finsihed, all but the edging, so will finish that up maybe tomorrow, and put it in the donation pile for fall. turned out really cute, I think..

Other than that, nothing much else happening, so ill sign off tonight!! Hope Owlvamps surgery went well, and she is resting comfortably, ok well, as comfortable as one can in a hospital bed!!

Howdy there Main Square!

I only got one row done on the current square I'm working on. Hard to get anything done while Kiddles is awake, then once she is in bed, Lucky demands my attention!

Thursday at last! I only work till 1 today, and tomorrow is our all school orientation day so that will mean I'm not just sitting 5 feet from my irritation. So woot!

On Saturday a friend that I email with a lot but don't see in person but a few times a year, is coming over to meet Lucky! We will also do lunch. Very excited to have an actual friend (OF MINE) coming over!

Have a great day squares!

kuddles

Night squares x

Whoo-hoo!  What a relief!  

Hi  Becca! So glad to hear about the kitty! Woot!

Yes get some sleep girl!

Hi! :clap

Howdy there Main Square!

I only got one row done on the current square I'm working on. Hard to get anything done while Kiddles is awake, then once she is in bed, Lucky demands my attention!

Thursday at last! I only work till 1 today, and tomorrow is our all school orientation day so that will mean I'm not just sitting 5 feet from my irritation. So woot!

On Saturday a friend that I email with a lot but don't see in person but a few times a year, is coming over to meet Lucky! We will also do lunch. Very excited to have an actual friend (OF MINE) coming over!

Have a great day squares!

kuddles

Hi, Kuddles!  Good luck with the school orientation and then seeing your friend on Saturday.  My BFF had the nerve to leave on vacation to D.C. last Thursday and won't return till Sunday.  Can you believe it?  Harrumph!  :lol  Better her than me with the humidity and the heat.  See what a bad friend I am?  I'll make her her favorite dish when she returns.

Get ready for attendance to be called!  I'm sending out puffies to Mrsmckee, pheonsix, dragnlady5, and owlvamp.  I only have the first address.  I've sent messages to the last three.  They're all packed up and ready to fly out :)

TTFN :hug

Maria

Hi everyone this is Sandra's daughter.( owlvamp on here.)

She made it out of surgery very well. They ended up giving her a small pouch. She is in a lot pain and freezing a lot. She is still in the hospital and hoping to return home tomorrow. Thank you for thinking of our mom. I know how she has come to love you all here. Dad is doing awesome too!

Just wanted to give an update like she asked me .

so glad about the little kitty too, i think mama, had it mixedup with prey at first, but she seems more settled into her mother role now, lets pray for the best and hope she or he gets to stay with the family and mama behaves as the loving mother we know she is!

thanks Maria! Hopefully the day goes quickly!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Good night to you too  :night

Hi everyone this is Sandra's daughter.( owlvamp on here.)

She made it out of surgery very well. They ended up giving her a small pouch. She is in a lot pain and freezing a lot. She is still in the hospital and hoping to return home tomorrow. Thank you for thinking of our mom. I know how she has come to love you all here. Dad is doing awesome too!

Just wanted to give an update like she asked me .

Poor Sandra.  Get well soon!  Thank you so much for updating us, Sandra's daughter.  Hugs to all of you :)

Thanks everyone. I am resting in a lot of pain. But resting in the hospital bed is ridiculous . I could sleep no more got up after 15 minute trying to figure the best way with the least amount of pain. My tummy hurt really bad. Just took some medicines is only taking the edge off. Might have to get something stronger. Daughter left iPad so if I couldn't sleep at least I could get on here free wifi. Well I'm sure I paid for in my medical expenses.

becca that is wonderful she took kitty back. Maybe you nursed it enough to where she doesn't feel threaten by it.

Thank s everyone for thinking and praying for me.

My one grandson came to visit last night. Poor thing was so worried his Nana wasn't coming back. He stayed by my side and helped whatever I needed and said I am sure happy Nana you are still,here. He went home last night to get my spot al ready for me. He will sleep right next to me to make sure I am okay and if I need anything. He is truly my little angel.

Thank s everyone for thinking and praying for me.

My one grandson came to visit last night. Poor thing was so worried his Nana wasn't coming back. He stayed by my side and helped whatever I needed and said I am sure happy Nana you are still,here. He went home last night to get my spot al ready for me. He will sleep right next to me to make sure I am okay and if I need anything. He is truly my little angel.

What a beautiful grandson you have there, Sandra.  He's being raised right.  You take it easy.  I know hospitals drive people crazy, but don't hurt yourself by moving too much.  Let yourself be pampered by your family.

:hug

Hi everybody,

I found this thread yesterday after posting and I was invited to come and join this CAL so I came yesterday and started reading this thread. I am currently on page 45m but I have skipped ahead to post this introduction to this wonderful crochet along. I learned how to crochet when I was in the eighth grade. Mama taught me the basic granny. Also, who do I send my color choices and size(s) to and who do I send my address to?

Rusty's Mom

Archived