2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

**********************This was fun! If anyone wants to join in again, here's a link to the new thread! Happy New Year everyone!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2530422#post2530422

Time is flying by! Let's get ready for the stretch run, everybody!

I know...you're saying, "Can't I take a deep

breath first?":P

Well, if you join this CAL you'll be able to do just that...but in October and November! When everyone else is scrambling around for last minute ideas and quickly running out of time to make anything you should have several things in your gift pile!:yes

All you need to do is bring your ideas and enthusiasm to this thread and be a cheerleader for the others who join.:cheer

I'll be looking for pattern links to share here and hope that many of you will do the same. Just post the links you want to share (being mindful of copyrights) and we can all pick and chose what we want to make.:yarn

By late Fall we should have a nice collection of gifts, big and small!:hook

Pictures of projects are also encouraged!:photo

So...what do you all think? Suggestions are more than welcome.:)

EDIT:

I saw a suggestion for adding other occasions to this CAL...and I think it's a good one!

First one coming up is Valentine's Day! Ready, set, go!

I told you I was open to suggestions - LOL!

FREE CROCHET PATTERNS:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90476AD.html (easy round afghan pattern)

http://craftatticresources.blogspot.com/2009/09/barbie-clothes-making-resources.html

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rugged-ripples (easy straight ripple pattern)

http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/2008/12/peek-boo-baby-blanket.html Easy baby blanket pattern from a 'ville member!

http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2007/04/free_pattern.html -baby blanket

http://bethsco.blogspot.com/2010/10/intro-and-free-pattern.html - afghan

http://www.petalstopicots.com/2012/02/valentines-day-heart-crochet-patterns.html Valentine's hearts

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/Free_Patterns.htm a few free patterns

http://www.bellaonline.com/ArticlesP/art4183.asp Irish Pot Mat

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to give this a try. I am still working on a gift for this year (luckily I don't need it until Thursday, but it would have been nice to have it finished already.)

I'm a terrible procrastinator, so I could use all the encouragement I can get to keep at the projects I intend for gifts.

I do have a suggestion, How about if we branch out to gifts for occasions other than Christmas as well? I'm thinking birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's and Father's day, etc.

I finished a few things for this year, but I have my list already started for Christmas 2012. with school and work i need to stay on track this year.

1.Hat and scarf for my sil scarf is half done

2. blanket for BIL in john deere colors thinking a flannelghan

3. i need to do 4 nativity sets for the nieces and nephew i had scratched them this year

4. a blanket for my nephew.

if i start now maybe i can get this stuff plus whatever else i think of done by 12/24

[B][/b]Well my friends:

Beleive it or not I have already begun crocheting for next years gifts.Yeah for me....:lol:lol

Since I give gifts to many different people at Christmas i need to start early.

I give gifts to 25 ladies in the Lab dept

I give gifts to 18 ladies in our Veternary Hospital where i adopted my Foxie.

I gift gifts to Registration gals there are 3 there and billing dept 1 there.

Then comes the Eye doctors office there are 23 total there

So imagine I need to start now...

I will join here as I will take photos of the things i begin to make and share to encourage others.

I do know I will be making some scarfs and cowls and other neck warmers I purchased patterns online so when i make them and share i will share the links in case any one wants to get the patterns too.

This time i want to crochet some slipper socks too the kind that Boksie a member here makes every year..

And Well Cindy since the items i will be making are not christmas colors you can be sure if i need a quick gift for other occassions i will have a stash ready.[/color

So maybe you can create your things with that in mind and what you have left over by Christmas time you can use for Christmas gifts...

I think this is a great idea... :clap:clap:clap

hugs

Lillibet

I would like to join. I've already started a Mickey Mouse afghan for next Christmas and have some other projects/gifts planned, maybe too many to finish but I'm going to have fun trying.

Wow...what a fast response!

I do have a suggestion, How about if we branch out to gifts for occasions other than Christmas as well? I'm thinking birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's and Father's day, etc.

I edited my first post to include this suggestion! Thanks!

I saw where some of you have big projects to do....in the past I would alternate and throw in a small project between the big ones. I need quick results to keep me going some of the time. Just a thought...

I think I need the incentive to keep myself going. I didn't join any gift CAL this year & hardly got any gifts made. Wound up shopping more than normal. I have a few things I'll need to make during the year, such as a big tank ami for my DS for his 30th birthday. Other than that, I know I'll need some help to focus my energy on holiday gifts & getting ideas.

A big welcome to everyone!!! We're really going to do well. I can feel it!:yes

I'm off for the night now...but will be on here every day.

Have a good night!:hug

What a wonderful idea!!!!

I did make a lot of gifts for co-workers this summer (the infamous Stash Buster Tote) and it really helped this year having those gifts done--(of course I procrastinated sewing the lining in until the 25th hour:lol)

I would like to make an afghan for my nephew who will be going off to college and I want to make hats/scarves/fingerless gloves.

Looking forward to having friends keep me on track! I'm going to have a busy year heading up a project at work- and will really need to budget my time!

Count me in! I definitely want to get a bigger jump on Christmas this year again like I did last year, except that I want to try to continue working on projects throughout the year this time & not stop a few months in & then start back up again in October & trying to get everything done at the last minute.

I love the idea of adding in holidays/birthdays.

I always make little holiday packages to send out. After New Year's I have to pull out my Valentine's and St. Patrick's patterns to figure out what I will send the kids.

I also have Easter and spring b-days.

Oh I'm definitely in. I already have a few items in mind, not just for others but for myself for cooler weather too. I might even finish some of them before the current winter season is over :lol

Well, I may as well give it a shot. I'm so far behind now I don't know when I'll ever catch up, but here's one "for instance":

I had meant to put together a recipe pamphlet. I'm the extended family's "good cook" and have had dishes requested for several years. The nephews and niece are now in their 20s and living independently but still making requests. It's actually very nice, but what would be even better would be for everyone to have a personal copy of my recipes.

AND an accompanying crocheted/knitted/canvas-worked (needlepoint embroidery) ornament for the tree/wreath!

That's just one that did NOT happen this year. I have hopes of bringing it off before Twelfth Night! :)

With this group, maybe I won't have such a complete flop next year....

DCM

Jude

what a great idea ! Wishing you great success with your new "Gift Group" . Good idea to keep people motivated ,and to toss in every holiday also . Lots of good ideas for all of them,plus for those making big projects that will need several months to complete .

WOw...a big hello to the newest group from last night!

And this group is an "anything goes" CAL....the embroidery I saw mentioned, gathering recipes...

As Julie mentioned we are morphing into a Gift CAL!

Love it:c9

BBL!

Well my friends:

Beleive it or not I have already begun crocheting for next years gifts.Yeah for me....:lol:lol

Since I give gifts to many different people at Christmas i need to start early.

I give gifts to 25 ladies in the Lab dept

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet, on behalf of those lab techs, I want to thank you. Whether its in the human or animal medicine, we're always the unsung and unseen heros in medicine. Thank you!!!

And yes, I will be joining in as well. :)

I would love to join in! I don't have a list yet...I'm still recovering,lol. I do have one thing that I would like to make for my sister. It's a graphghan. I've never tried one before, so this should take me a while to make. I'll make a list as things pop into my head :) It will be great to have a group to keep me focused, I love to follow rabbit trails and get side-tracked easily.

I'm not sure what my first project will be, maybe a bay gift for my nephews new daughter.

I've been knitting dishcloths lately, as they are always nice to have on for quick gifts. They would be nice as part of a bath basket too, I suppose.

I'd love to join! I think this is a wonderful idea. Maybe this will keep me on track so I will have things finished on time in 2012. I don't have a list yet. I'm still working on a gift that needs to be delivered tomorrow morning! :lol

Welcome to the newest peeps here!:hug

Dishcloths...made as part of a spa basket are a great idea.

Graph ghans, my favorite, are very unique gifts! You can also find patterns for potholders with graph designs on them...or make up your own design for the potholders using graph paper.

I don't have a list, but since I am determined to do some stashbusting this year as well as some wip busting, I imagine I am going to have to get creative with some of the gifts. I will just have to see what the yarn wants to be...

Archived