Kitchen gift set

saint6811

Great gift and such a nice look.

I too have used the basket idea before and added a set of utensils to match in color; potato peeler, handled hand grater, paring knife. It was well received as I am sure yours will be too. Thank you for sharing.

What a GREAT gift basket! Someone is going to be very pleased to receive it! My kitchen used to be yellow and blue until we got new cabinets and I still like those colors for a kitchen. Displaying in the basket makes it extra nice. I may have to swipe your idea. :)

hershey308, the pattern I used is online at Lion Brand, it is called Cottontail Dishtowel. I made the pattern as written for the towels, and for the dishcloths, I chained 33 instead of 43, and did the row pattern as written for the first 5 rows, then used the main color only for another 15 rows or so. This made a nice sized dishcloth and kept the zigzag pattern in scale :)

The potholder is just a sc square, 9 in by 9in, I used the varigated for one and a solid for the other, put them together with the rows going vertical for one side and horizontal for the other, then sc evenly around with 3 in each corner to put both sides together.

Here is the link to the basket pattern....I made one in Halloween colors for someone else, and decided this would be nice in any color scheme! :) It is super easy to work up!

http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00453&cat_id=1

HTH!

Joy

@ Joy--- Thanks so much!! This is really neat. I :manyheart how you improvised and this is the perfect thing I was wanting for my DIL's for Christmas!! :hugThanks so much, I only hope mine turns out looking as good as yours did!

Archived