Seriously?

I spent the evening, after helping file a police report (sooooo a story for another time lol), crocheting on the afghan I'm working on. My husband watched a television show and worked on the watch band he was making out of parachute cord.

Towards the end of the band, the weaving was getting tight. He's 6'4", and has the large man-fingers you'd associate with someone that tall. His brilliant fix for the problem: "Hey Sariah! You have hooks made just for this purpose! Let me borrow one!"

.... Seriously?? He BENT my crochet hook with parachute cord?!

*sigh* lol I really can't get that mad, because I'm not using it right now and he has promised he's going to buy me a new one. - But I just had to share lol

post-51078-135897676037_thumb.jpg

post-51078-13589767604_thumb.jpg

That poor poor hook! I would be sighing to...if your anything like me a new crochet hook is going to make your day!

mabey you need to get a unbendable hook for him LOL!!!

at least them alum. hooks are cheep. now if my hubby ever tryed to crochet (hahah never will happen) and he bent or snapped say my Bamboo hooks he'd have to make it up to me more then just with new hooks. lol.. I'd be getting yarn.. hoooks. and mabey some books LOL

first I think it was ingenious of him to think of it. :toot The watch band looks GOOD!

And I'd try and get more than just one hook out of him too..maybe a complete set of soft touch hooks or something :D

your poor hook.

hubby's watch band looks great! :clap

And, at least it was an aluminum hook, cheaper to replace...maybe it's time for an upgrade for you (comfort hook? :wink) and a cup for the bent hooks for him! :heehee

Yeah...I like the watch band too...make him UP the anty for a NEW hook PLUS other goodies...;)

It's like I tell MY husband...if you take MY FABRIC scissors to use on paper, there WILL be consequences. Theres also the -3- day rule at my house...ANY chocolate in the house over -3- days old is MINE. (he's a chocoholic too...):lol:lol:lol

Well looks like the hook went down doing his duty to make a perfect watch band there for your hubby. I used my hooks sometimes for other than crocheting but have not bent one so far. At least you know the watch band is tuff and will last a long time.

He is an absolute sweetheart. He got me a soft touch hook to replace it. =] In the size I need for the afghan I'm making right now, so I get to use it right away! The one he bent is a size D, and I've honestly never used it a day in my life. I came in an aluminum pack and was just kind of waiting around for being useful.

Yeah...I like the watch band too...make him UP the anty for a NEW hook PLUS other goodies...;)

It's like I tell MY husband...if you take MY FABRIC scissors to use on paper, there WILL be consequences. Theres also the -3- day rule at my house...ANY chocolate in the house over -3- days old is MINE. (he's a chocoholic too...):lol:lol:lol

Yep - I use the rock, paper, scissors rule. You use my scissors to cut paper, I'm going to smash your hand with a rock!

(I wouldn't really, but it gets the point across!! :lol)

Sorry about the hook, cool band though. I've bent 2 doily hooks in my life. One hook was on the carpet and I rocked on it a couple of times. It broke when I tried to fix it. The other got a little bent when I sat on it :yell ouch! (I can still find the scar).

Ellie 13

Hey! That worked out great... For him! Great looking band.

My hubby did something similar, too. But he never told me he bent it. I found out when I went to use it.;)

I remember when I looked all over for one of my smaller crochet hooks to find it in the nut bowl. Hubby could not find the nut pick and decided one of my steel hooks would be just the ticket! LOL! But he didn't bend it! :)

Neat watch band!!! I have bent a few of my steel hooks (the size 14 ones) when first learning to crochet, but wasn't aware the aluminum ones could bend like that. I use them all the time to hold elastic or rubber bands when restringing my old dolls. Never had a problem. He must be a mighty strong fellow!!!

Love love LOVE this story. Thanks for brightening my day and givin' me a laugh. When do we get to hear the police report story?

Archived