Drops 130-32 Shawl for wife

CrochetDad

My wife has been asking for a shawl and we both agreed on a pattern. This is a free one from Drops Design at Garn Studio

The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream in Natural Twists. I used a J hook (4 sizes larger than the yarn specified) for a lacier look.

She loves it, but doesn't like her picture taken, so our daughter is modelling the shawl.

post-13211-135897671278_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897671284_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897671287_thumb.jpg

My wife has been asking for a shawl and we both agreed on a pattern. This is a free one from Drops Design at Garn Studio

The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream in Natural Twists. I used a J hook (4 sizes larger than the yarn specified) for a lacier look.

She loves it, but doesn't like her picture taken, so my daughter is modelling the shawl.

gorgeous! great job, can you make me one too? :)

Penny

Thanks for all the kind feedback. :c9

This is my very first shawl, so I was very particular about the pattern, which is very easy and I recommend it. I made it a couple of repeats longer than specified for personal taste.

That is gorgeous! I've been crocheting for years but still won't tackle anything too "intimidating." That looks intimidating to me. But it's absolutely beautiful. And so is your daughter!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my wife's shawl and our beautiful daughter!

That is gorgeous! I've been crocheting for years but still won't tackle anything too "intimidating." That looks intimidating to me. But it's absolutely beautiful. And so is your daughter!

It's really quite simple - starts with a ring at the bottom point, then expands outward. The pattern site even includes a chart. After the first few rows, it's a 3-row repeat - just keep going until it's the size you want. Stitches are ch, sc, dc, and tr.

Archived