crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I had a giant reply last night and when I looked, it was eaten by the internet monster. ugh.

Glad everyone is safe so far from the storms. We have cooler temps and drizzle but hopefully things are settling down here.

I got to crochet last night but just a friendshipghan square. But at least it was something. Felt like it had been forever. Had an appointment reschedule for tomorrow so hopefully I can get some more done.

I have a friend from high school. Last year, his wife fell asleep on the back of their bike (going about 70) on an interstate. She was touch and go for a long time but made it. Recovery was even harder due to the fact she is deaf. She just had her 7th reconstructive surgery and has 2 or 3. It really did a not of damage to her face. Will have been a year next month. I was thinking of making her tote. I've never met her but she sure has a lot of faith. Just got to figure what a good color is since I don't know her very well. I'm thinking that monet everyone likes. hmmm

Anyway, everyone have a good day. Tomorrow's friday!

I'm sure she would love the tote no matter the color :yes Prayers being sent for her :hug :hug :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome job on the tote :manyheart And the dress is sooo cute that I hear it calling my niece's name :yes Where can I find that pattern? Then I'll have to find something to make the nephews too :think I don't give to one and not the others unless it's a birthday :yes

Thanks! I got it off ravelry, just look for angel wings pinafore.....quick and easy! You'll love doing it!

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Love it!!!! •¨¯`•

you did a great job!!! I have 1/2 the handle left and mine will be done. I was screamin' right along on it and then just stuff around here kept gettin' in my way. But I'm hopin' to finish it today and show it off! I LOVE the pattern!!!! I think I will line this one and send it to a friend .... :)

That dress is adorable!!! I too think yellow and pink are sweet together!

:heart

:mug

Thanks! It IS a great pattern - but of course! I love hot pink/orange/yellow together as well! I love petting the dress......but today will find out if my coworker's grandbaby is the right size. If not, I'll get to keep it and pet it till I find it a home!

kuddles

massive rain last night which in turn caused part of our roof to leak (SIGH) AGAIN. we have had this issue for awhile and just cant figure out WHERE its coming from. no major damage though. going to go work on SBT 4 shortly. if weather permits ill be back later...

Morning ladies,

Thank you for all yours prayers and hugz, were doing fine here weather wise a little cloudy today but no more storms, YAY!!!!

I think if this weather don't get better we will all have to invest in boats lol

Sue, maybe a fire truck for you. Sorry your not getting any rain. We will all share with you :-) Not much crocheting going on for me today as I will be doing shopping for the weekend for BBQ BUT!!! I will be going to hobby lobby hehehehe.

Take care, see you later in the day.

almost done with SBT 4!!! :cheerwill wait and post pics of several totes together.....dontcha just hate the wait ? :devil

:sigh........................... dontcha just hate it when you run out of yarn so close to the end of a project and you thought for sure you either had enough or had more of that yarn around.............?

So my test tote is on hold until I can find more yarn in my house or get out first thing in the morn and buy more.............. what a shame that would be ..... :hook

:sigh........................... dontcha just hate it when you run out of yarn so close to the end of a project and you thought for sure you either had enough or had more of that yarn around.............?

So my test tote is on hold until I can find more yarn in my house or get out first thing in the morn and buy more.............. what a shame that would be ..... :hook

Yup! LOL

kuddles

I have a friend from high school. Last year, his wife fell asleep on the back of their bike (going about 70) on an interstate. She was touch and go for a long time but made it. Recovery was even harder due to the fact she is deaf. She just had her 7th reconstructive surgery and has 2 or 3. It really did a not of damage to her face. Will have been a year next month. I was thinking of making her tote. I've never met her but she sure has a lot of faith. Just got to figure what a good color is since I don't know her very well. I'm thinking that monet everyone likes. hmmm

Is the bike a Harley? Orange and black then! :)

Tomorrow is my Thursday. Sigh. I had a rough day today. Last patient to come in was a gopher tortoise with her right front leg chewed OFF by a dog. Bone sticking out. Pray she makes it or passes before she's suffered too much. My volunteer and buddy Pam and I named her Cooter. :(

:turtle:vheart

aw, that's terrible. you'll have to go yarn shopping. :D

Tomorrow is my Thursday. Sigh. I had a rough day today. Last patient to come in was a gopher tortoise with her right front leg chewed OFF by a dog. Bone sticking out. Pray she makes it or passes before she's suffered too much. My volunteer and buddy Pam and I named her Cooter. :(

Nah, they have a Yamaha Roadstar. All silver, black and pretty.

That is heartbreaking about the tortoise. :( Praying she heals quickly. :hug

Finished another Heart Strings tote last night in wool. Felting it now.

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

Ordered this and it came today. Latch hook rug.

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Love the tote :hook but that latch rug is so freaking cute! I've never done that before but that is one that would make me want to try. :manyheart

I have to teach a class today, and then later on we will be heading to Canada to visit my parents. I am not sure yet which crochet project will be travelling with me.

Have a safe trip! Hmm, what to bring :think Something for an SBT maybe?:devil

Hello all my buddies! Praying for calming weather today for everyone!

I finished up Sue's newest tote, the hearts hobo so here is the pic. Thanks for another great pattern Sue! Like Toni, I stopped at two rows of hearts since I crochet loose (I used one size hook smaller). This was easy to understand even though it looks complicated!

Oh and just to prove I DO make things besides totes, I've also included the angel wings dress I just made. I love pink and yellow together! This has already been claimed by a friend at work for her grand baby!

kuddles

Love them both! The dress is adorable!

I had a giant reply last night and when I looked, it was eaten by the internet monster. ugh.

Glad everyone is safe so far from the storms. We have cooler temps and drizzle but hopefully things are settling down here.

I got to crochet last night but just a friendshipghan square. But at least it was something. Felt like it had been forever. Had an appointment reschedule for tomorrow so hopefully I can get some more done.

Praying for your friends wife. I think she would like any color you choose! I know that I love Monet! :yes

Morning ladies,

Thank you for all yours prayers and hugz, were doing fine here weather wise a little cloudy today but no more storms, YAY!!!!

I think if this weather don't get better we will all have to invest in boats lol

Sue, maybe a fire truck for you. Sorry your not getting any rain. We will all share with you :-) Not much crocheting going on for me today as I will be doing shopping for the weekend for BBQ BUT!!! I will be going to hobby lobby hehehehe.

Take care, see you later in the day.

Oh boy! Yarn shopping! :cheer

almost done with SBT 4!!! :cheerwill wait and post pics of several totes together.....dontcha just hate the wait ? :devil

Tease!

Another one that gets to go yarn shopping! I'm so jealous now! :lol

Poor Cooter! Saying prayers for her! :hug

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Love the tote and the latch hook! I love doing latch hook rugs! Haven't done any in a few years!

I made the baby cocoon today, but I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. It seems so small! Of course, I don't have a newborn in the house to test it on, so I tried a teddy bear, still doesn't really give me the right dimensions though. It was fun and quick to make anyway. We'll see if it works when Madison is born. It's only for taking a few pics with anyway. I just thought it was something cute! I also started another baby blanket but decided that I don't like the yarn! :yuck It keeps splitting and feels too rough. DH had picked it up at Walmart for me a long time ago. It's RHSS baby print. I do think I'm going to use it in a SBT if I can figure out what solid color I want to use with it. What do you think? White? It's varigated- white with pink, blue, green, yellow. I was thinking this one might be for my DIL's sister who is expecting the same week that she is, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl! Suggestions Please!!! :hug

post-16860-135897662209_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897662213_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Both are so cute!

Sorry about Cooter......

kuddles

Nah, they have a Yamaha Roadstar. All silver, black and pretty.

That is heartbreaking about the tortoise. :( Praying she heals quickly. :hug

Love the tote :hook but that latch rug is so freaking cute! I've never done that before but that is one that would make me want to try. :manyheart

Do a tote to match the bike then. :)

Got a call a little bit ago (I have the emergency phone for a couple days). Another tort coming in, hit by car. :(

I spoiled myself on the latch hook. It was pricey and had to order it from the UK. Used some of my SBT cash! :)

Love the tote and the latch hook! I love doing latch hook rugs! Haven't done any in a few years!

I can't wait to make it!

I made the baby cocoon today, but I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. It seems so small! Of course, I don't have a newborn in the house to test it on, so I tried a teddy bear, still doesn't really give me the right dimensions though. It was fun and quick to make anyway. We'll see if it works when Madison is born. It's only for taking a few pics with anyway. I just thought it was something cute! I also started another baby blanket but decided that I don't like the yarn! :yuck It keeps splitting and feels too rough. DH had picked it up at Walmart for me a long time ago. It's RHSS baby print. I do think I'm going to use it in a SBT if I can figure out what solid color I want to use with it. What do you think? White? It's varigated- white with pink, blue, green, yellow. I was thinking this one might be for my DIL's sister who is expecting the same week that she is, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl! Suggestions Please!!! :hug

Still cute though!

Both are so cute!

Sorry about Cooter......

kuddles

Thanks Mama. Cooter thanks you too. :hug

I finished up Sue's newest tote, the hearts hobo so here is the pic. Thanks for another great pattern Sue! Like Toni, I stopped at two rows of hearts since I crochet loose (I used one size hook smaller). This was easy to understand even though it looks complicated!

Oh and just to prove I DO make things besides totes, I've also included the angel wings dress I just made. I love pink and yellow together! This has already been claimed by a friend at work for her grand baby!

kuddles

Love the dress- makes me almost wish I was having a granddaughter--almost-:lol I'm really excited that I'm having a grandson since I had 3 daughters!!! Great job on the tote, too!!

well, we got 3 inches of rain yesterday :storm ....and more is forecast for the next 2 days. I may need to use our boat in the back yard to get to work this weekend. :2rain on a side note, while waiting out a downpour yesterday i slipped into a lys and bought some fabulous wool/silk yarn that i am making a tote/purse out of today just need to decide on a pattern for it.

Oooh, pretty new yarn for a tote/purse!!!!

Monet has very calming, soothing colors- so that may just be a good choice!! Praying for her!

massive rain last night which in turn caused part of our roof to leak (SIGH) AGAIN. we have had this issue for awhile and just cant figure out WHERE its coming from. no major damage though. going to go work on SBT 4 shortly. if weather permits ill be back later...

Sorry to hear about the roof leaking!! And yes, you always make us wait for the pics!:devil

So my test tote is on hold until I can find more yarn in my house or get out first thing in the morn and buy more.............. what a shame that would be .....

Don'tcha just an excuse to go yarn shopping?:devil

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Love that latch hook kit!!! It's going to be beautiful!!! And can't wait to see the heart strings tote felted. Sorry about the injured Cooter and now another injured tort!:( I don't know where you find the time to work, crochet as many totes as you do, (and other things) and go to school. Are you superwoman in disguise?;)

I like the cocoon. I would use green or yellow for the SBT with the varigeted.

I got home around 8 tonight. I stayed after work and one of my friends helped me make a diaper cake for my DD's shower.

Now, I thnk I'm going to start another SBT to match the other baby blanket I made her--and then go back to the baby RR over the weekend!

Have a good night!

Got a call a little bit ago (I have the emergency phone for a couple days). Another tort coming in, hit by car. :(

I spoiled myself on the latch hook. It was pricey and had to order it from the UK. Used some of my SBT cash! :)

I can't wait to make it!

Hope the other little tort is going to be ok! :hug

You deserve to spoil yourself on the latchhook! Enjoy making it! :cheer

I like the cocoon. I would use green or yellow for the SBT with the varigeted.

That's just what I was thinking! Now to see if I have enough in my stash! :lol

I got home around 8 tonight. I stayed after work and one of my friends helped me make a diaper cake for my DD's shower.

Now, I thnk I'm going to start another SBT to match the other baby blanket I made her--and then go back to the baby RR over the weekend!

Have a good night!

Do we get to see the diaper cake? Please!

Nighty night. That's were I need to head! Sweet dreams everyone!

teddy bear holder is too cute :lol kidding:lol how long is the bear because newborns are 19 to 22 imches long if that helps. but I like it!!:clap:clap

kuddles

:claplove the little dress so cute!!

The cocoon is adorable! I think yellow is a bright sunshiney color to use. Especially with all the rain! :lol It would go boy or girl.

Do a tote to match the bike then. :)

I can't wait to make it!

Still cute though!

You'll have to share pics when you get it done so we can all drool over it. :D

So sorry about the tortoises. Makes me sad. At least someone is bringing them in to try and help them instead of letting them lay there in pain. :(

Have a good night!

Diaper cakes are so cool. Never made one but always thought it would be fun.

Ducky hope the roof isnt leaking to bad :hug well havent crocheted anything suffering from the grass,bottle brush.weeds,dirt now has given me great bronco mess..:sneeze:sick

Feel better soon. :hug

Yup! LOL :D so terrible that I need to get more yarn... LOL

kuddles

Oh................poor baby! Praying for Cooter!

Finished another Heart Strings tote last night in wool. Felting it now.oooooooooooooooh... neat! Cant wait to see it felted!

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

Ordered this and it came today. Latch hook rug. oh the days of latch hook rugs.... boy I use to make alot of them! That one is too cute!!!!!!

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

i started a bag/purse today using Noro yarn. I love the colors, but not so sure about the yarn. it varies widely in thickness from bulky to almost thread thin.oh... interesting... cant wait to see it!

I made the baby cocoon today,Too Cute!!! but I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. It seems so small! Of course, I don't have a newborn in the house to test it on, so I tried a teddy bear, Well... a newborn stretched out is 19-21 inche long on average. So your teddy might be okay.still doesn't really give me the right dimensions though. It was fun and quick to make anyway. We'll see if it works when Madison is born. It's only for taking a few pics with anyway. I just thought it was something cute! I also started another baby blanket but decided that I don't like the yarn! :yuck It keeps splitting and feels too rough. DH had picked it up at Walmart for me a long time ago. It's RHSS baby print. I do think I'm going to use it in a SBT if I can figure out what solid color I want to use with it. What do you think? White? It's varigated- white with pink, blue, green, yellow. I was thinking this one might be for my DIL's sister who is expecting the same week that she is, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl! Suggestions Please!!! hmmm... well.. it would be easier if you new boy or girl... but since you dont.... white or yellow would work. :hug

Do a tote to match the bike then. :)good idea

Got a call a little bit ago (I have the emergency phone for a couple days). Another tort coming in, hit by car. :(aww man!!! Poor baby!

I can't wait to make it!

Still cute though!

Thanks Mama. Cooter thanks you too. :hug

Archived