crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I got home around 8 tonight. I stayed after work and one of my friends helped me make a diaper cake for my DD's shower. gosh.. havent made one of those in quite some time. I hope we get to see pics of yours! :D

Now, I thnk I'm going to start another SBT to match the other baby blanket I made her--and then go back to the baby RR over the weekend!

Oh... good call!!!

Have a good night!

Ducky hope the roof isnt leaking to bad :hug well havent crocheted anything suffering from the grass,bottle brush.weeds,dirt now has given me great bronco mess..:sneeze:sickOh hon!!! :hug Feel better soon!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoever built this idiotic house needs their head examined! the front part of the house is ok roof wise its slanted......but whoever built the addition on the back did not know what the same hill they were doing. they built a FLAT roof! can i plug the leak with their rear end??? financially speaking right now we cant afford to hire someone to fix the derned thing so were doing the best we can to patch things.....problem is we dont know where to patch exactly...

ok sorry for rant but i was about to blow a fuse!

on a positive note SBT 4 is FINISHED!!! on to stash buster 5!!!

:sigh........................... dontcha just hate it when you run out of yarn so close to the end of a project and you thought for sure you either had enough or had more of that yarn around.............? So my test tote is on hold until I can find more yarn in my house or get out first thing in the morn and buy more.............. what a shame that would be ..... :hook

awww..you need a hug right?? :hug

:hook:hook :rofl

I also started another baby blanket but decided that I don't like the yarn! :yuck It keeps splitting and feels too rough. DH had picked it up at Walmart for me a long time ago. It's RHSS baby print. I do think I'm going to use it in a SBT if I can figure out what solid color I want to use with it. What do you think? White? It's varigated- white with pink, blue, green, yellow. I was thinking this one might be for my DIL's sister who is expecting the same week that she is, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl! Suggestions Please!!! :hug

Depends on what color(s) you want to stand out. I'd use a darker color, maybe a green or even purple to make the colors stand out more. More muted/blending, yellow, light green or light blue.

I've got a bunch of that yarn and have to agree it's a bit stiff Hoping that when I make something and wash it good that it will soften up

Hello all my buddies! Praying for calming weather today for everyone!

I finished up Sue's newest tote, the hearts hobo so here is the pic. Thanks for another great pattern Sue! Like Toni, I stopped at two rows of hearts since I crochet loose (I used one size hook smaller). This was easy to understand even though it looks complicated!

Oh and just to prove I DO make things besides totes, I've also included the angel wings dress I just made. I love pink and yellow together! This has already been claimed by a friend at work for her grand baby!

kuddles

Turned out GREAT! :tup

Is the bike a Harley? Orange and black then! :)

Tomorrow is my Thursday. Sigh. I had a rough day today. Last patient to come in was a gopher tortoise with her right front leg chewed OFF by a dog. Bone sticking out. Pray she makes it or passes before she's suffered too much. My volunteer and buddy Pam and I named her Cooter. :(

:turtle:vheart

Poor turtle!! :(

Finished another Heart Strings tote last night in wool. Felting it now.

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

Ordered this and it came today. Latch hook rug.

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Another awesome tote!! I haven't done a latch hook in a long time... LOL Too cute!

whoever built this idiotic house needs their head examined! the front part of the house is ok roof wise its slanted......but whoever built the addition on the back did not know what the same hill they were doing. they built a FLAT roof! can i plug the leak with their rear end??? financially speaking right now we cant afford to hire someone to fix the derned thing so were doing the best we can to patch things.....problem is we dont know where to patch exactly...

Don't need to be blowing fuses when the roof is already leaking!! :lol Vent away, that's what we're here for...

Speaking of venting - my washing machine decided to stop working today. :angry Of course, when it did that, it was full of clothes and water... so that was tons of fun taking out the laundry and wringing out the water, and then bailing out the washer!! AweSome. Don't know what's wrong with it, and the open house is this weekend. Yeah, I didn't mind spending that hour emptying the washing machine out At.All. Didn't have a single other thing that needed my attention. Grrr. Okay, I feel better now. Thanks!! :lol

Ducky hope the roof isnt leaking to bad :hug well havent crocheted anything suffering from the grass,bottle brush.weeds,dirt now has given me great bronco mess..:sneeze:sick

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Aww, I feel for ya on the roof! I used to own a house just like that! Half of it had a slanted roof, but half was flat! A flat roof in New England! Are they nuts! What a pain in the you know what! Finally was able to have a pitched roof put on after many years. Then of course, I sold the house! :lol

Speaking of venting - my washing machine decided to stop working today. :angry Of course, when it did that, it was full of clothes and water... so that was tons of fun taking out the laundry and wringing out the water, and then bailing out the washer!! AweSome. Don't know what's wrong with it, and the open house is this weekend. Yeah, I didn't mind spending that hour emptying the washing machine out At.All. Didn't have a single other thing that needed my attention. Grrr. Okay, I feel better now. Thanks!! :lol

I think you need a :hug:hug:hug

TGIF!!!

Hugs to all who need them! Sorry to hear about leaky roofs, broken-down washing machines, and injured turtles!:hug:hug:hug

Decided to just work on the RR for my co-worker last night since I was tired from the long day. I will get pics of the diaper cake tonight after work- it was fun to make.

Hope you all have a good day and I'll see you on the flip side....and then I have a 3 day weekend!:clap

Thanks! I got it off ravelry, just look for angel wings pinafore.....quick and easy! You'll love doing it!

Thanks! It IS a great pattern - but of course! I love hot pink/orange/yellow together as well! I love petting the dress......but today will find out if my coworker's grandbaby is the right size. If not, I'll get to keep it and pet it till I find it a home!

kuddles

Thanks, I will surely look it up :yes

massive rain last night which in turn caused part of our roof to leak (SIGH) AGAIN. we have had this issue for awhile and just cant figure out WHERE its coming from. no major damage though. going to go work on SBT 4 shortly. if weather permits ill be back later...

:hug :hug :hug Hopefully you find the right spot to patch :xfin

:sigh........................... dontcha just hate it when you run out of yarn so close to the end of a project and you thought for sure you either had enough or had more of that yarn around.............?

So my test tote is on hold until I can find more yarn in my house or get out first thing in the morn and buy more.............. what a shame that would be ..... :hook

Bitter sweet :lol Hate running out at the end, but love an excuse to buy more :devil

Is the bike a Harley? Orange and black then! :)

Tomorrow is my Thursday. Sigh. I had a rough day today. Last patient to come in was a gopher tortoise with her right front leg chewed OFF by a dog. Bone sticking out. Pray she makes it or passes before she's suffered too much. My volunteer and buddy Pam and I named her Cooter. :(

Awwww, poor cooter.....how's he doing today?

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Love gray and pink together, going to be awesome felted :yes

Vent away.....getting it out will help to keep you healthy :lol

Don't need to be blowing fuses when the roof is already leaking!! :lol Vent away, that's what we're here for...

Bummer on the washer :angry That is totally annoying and things always know the 'best' time to cause trouble :think Good luck with the open house.

Have a great weekend everyone and I should be back tomorrow sometime :think

Good morning! Glad to have a long weekend, this week has felt incredibly long! My allergies have NOT let up for the last two months! I keep getting a sore throat and ear aches from it and that is with taking meds! Someone shoot me please!

Oops, sorry, went off a little there....

Hugs to all that need them this morning! So much going on with appliances, roofs, turtles, kids, pets, etc.....so here ya go :hug :hug :hug

Going to be visiting my family tonite into tomorrow so won't be on during that time. But no worries, I'll be thinking of all my buddies here and sending up good thoughts!

kuddles

Love that latch hook kit!!! It's going to be beautiful!!! And can't wait to see the heart strings tote felted. Sorry about the injured Cooter and now another injured tort!:( I don't know where you find the time to work, crochet as many totes as you do, (and other things) and go to school. Are you superwoman in disguise?;)

IDK how I find time either. Now its boating season so the boat will be out soon and we want to get kayaks. I need water proof yarn! :lol

You deserve to spoil yourself on the latchhook! Enjoy making it! :cheer

Thanks Ann! :hug

You'll have to share pics when you get it done so we can all drool over it. :D

So sorry about the tortoises. Makes me sad. At least someone is bringing them in to try and help them instead of letting them lay there in pain. :(

DH said I should do it in the car when we drive to Key West. I said no. Too many little pieces of yarn to loose! :lol

Thankfully turtles don't have the pain receptors we do, it still will hurt, but not any where near as much as it would if it were human.

:(:hug

Poor turtle!! :(

Another awesome tote!! I haven't done a latch hook in a long time... LOL Too cute!

Thanks! :)

:(:hug

TGIF!!!

Hugs to all who need them! Sorry to hear about leaky roofs, broken-down washing machines, and injured turtles!:hug:hug:hug

Decided to just work on the RR for my co-worker last night since I was tired from the long day. I will get pics of the diaper cake tonight after work- it was fun to make.

Hope you all have a good day and I'll see you on the flip side....and then I have a 3 day weekend!:clap

TGIT (Thank God its Thursday). ;)

Awwww, poor cooter.....how's he doing today?

Love gray and pink together, going to be awesome felted :yes

IDK, haven't been in to work yet. I'll update everyone later.

Not that impressed with the hearts felted. The bag came out great, but you can barely see the hearts. I'll post a pic later. Started one with Cotton Tots in pink for my Mom. :)

Good morning! Glad to have a long weekend, this week has felt incredibly long! My allergies have NOT let up for the last two months! I keep getting a sore throat and ear aches from it and that is with taking meds! Someone shoot me please!

Oops, sorry, went off a little there....

Hugs to all that need them this morning! So much going on with appliances, roofs, turtles, kids, pets, etc.....so here ya go :hug :hug :hug

Going to be visiting my family tonite into tomorrow so won't be on during that time. But no worries, I'll be thinking of all my buddies here and sending up good thoughts!

kuddles

Enjoy your family time tonight and tomorrow! Hope you feel better too! It sure has been a miserable allergy season! When is it going to end! Can't be soon enough! :P

Not that impressed with the hearts felted. The bag came out great, but you can barely see the hearts. I'll post a pic later. Started one with Cotton Tots in pink for my Mom. :)

I bet it's great! Looking forward to the pic! Hope you can find some water proof yarn to take out on the boat too! :lol

Good Morning! :hug to all in need!! And so sorry to hear about leaking roofs, turtles in need and uncooperating washing machines.

I've been working on a purse the past couple of days. It shouldn't have taken me so long, but yesterday we got our new family member, Sampson the puggle and I kinda haven't paid attention to the pattern much. Had to frog it twice. Oops.

Sue, any more patterns popping in your head? Sure hope not as I can't keep up with the ones already out there. :P

Time to go start the day. (Took today off to connect with Samson.) Hope everyone has a great, painfree day!:manyheart

well so far no rain today. hope it dries up enough to try and fix our roof this weekend. monday were going to a nearby town memorial day service. its one that my pa served out of and each year we go in hopes they will read the names of the soldiers. the taps gets me every time but thats what being a military brat is i guess.

currently working on SBT 5

Good Morning! :hug to all in need!! And so sorry to hear about leaking roofs, turtles in need and uncooperating washing machines.

I've been working on a purse the past couple of days. It shouldn't have taken me so long, but yesterday we got our new family member, Sampson the puggle and I kinda haven't paid attention to the pattern much. Had to frog it twice. Oops.

Sue, any more patterns popping in your head? Sure hope not as I can't keep up with the ones already out there. :P

Time to go start the day. (Took today off to connect with Samson.) Hope everyone has a great, painfree day!:manyheart

Have fun playing with Samson! :cheer

well so far no rain today. hope it dries up enough to try and fix our roof this weekend. monday were going to a nearby town memorial day service. its one that my pa served out of and each year we go in hopes they will read the names of the soldiers. the taps gets me every time but thats what being a military brat is i guess.

currently working on SBT 5

:xfin Praying that the weather stays good so and you can fix your roof! Enjoy the Memorial Day services! :hug

Just found this cal--have the "stress buster" pattern and hope to start it soon. I've not been on here much--Sue knows the story of our moves (yes, moves). We moved the first time on March 26 but the house had no electricity and never could get the landlord to fix it, so we moved out on Apr 30 (never stayed in the house but our stuff was there), moved stuff to storage until we could find another house. Found one on May 3 and had to wait to move in because the renters were buying a house. Once they got out and we could move in, DH was sent to work in Georgia with the tornado recovery. Once he got back, we moved in but I still have boxes every where.

I did find my boxes marked "yarn" and "afghan and yarn", so I will move them out tonight and start a tote. I really love all the totes I've seen here, you ladies do beautiful work!!

Just found this cal--have the "stress buster" pattern and hope to start it soon. I've not been on here much--Sue knows the story of our moves (yes, moves). We moved the first time on March 26 but the house had no electricity and never could get the landlord to fix it, so we moved out on Apr 30 (never stayed in the house but our stuff was there), moved stuff to storage until we could find another house. Found one on May 3 and had to wait to move in because the renters were buying a house. Once they got out and we could move in, DH was sent to work in Georgia with the tornado recovery. Once he got back, we moved in but I still have boxes every where.

I did find my boxes marked "yarn" and "afghan and yarn", so I will move them out tonight and start a tote. I really love all the totes I've seen here, you ladies do beautiful work!!

My goodness! You sure have had a time of it! Hope you get to settle in now and get some good :crocheting time! :hug

Quick check in to say hi to all!!!

It's the weekend and I'm ecstatic to have 3 days off.

Going to do some of my usual Sat morning chores so I can get them out of the way- Not sure if I'll get any 'hooking' in tonight!!

:waving Hope everyone is having a great day!!!Atleast today the meds are taking affect and I can breath :lol always good thing. Tonight is our paranormal group :ghostdoing investigation at a warehouse so that ought to be fun for them I am not going since I am sick lol dont need my hackin on tape :lol but the one guy has a new camera so I have to atleast check that out:ghost

have a great night!!:hook

:waving Hope everyone is having a great day!!!Atleast today the meds are taking affect and I can breath :lol always good thing. Tonight is our paranormal group :ghostdoing investigation at a warehouse so that ought to be fun for them I am not going since I am sick lol dont need my hackin on tape :lol but the one guy has a new camera so I have to atleast check that out:ghost

Now THIS sounds like a fun and interesting hobby! Sure hope you are back to feeling better soon so you can go to the next group get together.

Long day here too. Unexpected out of state company. :(

<edit> because I don't want to be whiney. :)

Need to go yarn shopping so I can start another tote. That should make me smile but doubt it will be this weekend. You can tell it's a holiday in a tourist area.. Crazy traffic! Ya'll all have a safe and happy weekend.

[ATTACH]39834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39835[/ATTACH]

Very nice tote, and that will be a great rug.

I made the baby cocoon today, but I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. It seems so small! Of course, I don't have a newborn in the house to test it on, so I tried a teddy bear, still doesn't really give me the right dimensions though. It was fun and quick to make anyway. We'll see if it works when Madison is born. It's only for taking a few pics with anyway. I just thought it was something cute! I also started another baby blanket but decided that I don't like the yarn! :yuck It keeps splitting and feels too rough. DH had picked it up at Walmart for me a long time ago. It's RHSS baby print. I do think I'm going to use it in a SBT if I can figure out what solid color I want to use with it. What do you think? White? It's varigated- white with pink, blue, green, yellow. I was thinking this one might be for my DIL's sister who is expecting the same week that she is, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl! Suggestions Please!!! :hug

It'll be cute for pictures. The pictures I've seen always have the baby all curled up in the cocoon, so I think the size will work.

Now THIS sounds like a fun and interesting hobby! Sure hope you are back to feeling better soon so you can go to the next group get together.

:lol I stayed it was fun.my husband and I started this group back in January.we have 113 members in facebook group some around the world and we have about 12 poeple who investigate here and there with us

Quick check in to say hi to all!!!

It's the weekend and I'm ecstatic to have 3 days off.

Going to do some of my usual Sat morning chores so I can get them out of the way- Not sure if I'll get any 'hooking' in tonight!!

Hope you got some hooking time in! :hook It is a holiday weekend after all! :lol

Wow, that sounds like a great hobby! Want to come check out my house? We have an occasional "visitor". We know when we smell hydrangeas.

Sorry, its been a long day. So I'm kinda quiet. But I did get Hobo Hearts posted for sale.

Sorry your having a hard day! :hug I noticed Hobo Hearts up for sale! I boy! Let's just say, it's taking all my control at the moment to not head to paypal! LOL! I will buy it, just need to practice self control! :blush:(:P

Need to go yarn shopping so I can start another tote. That should make me smile but doubt it will be this weekend. You can tell it's a holiday in a tourist area.. Crazy traffic! Ya'll all have a safe and happy weekend.

:hug Have a safe weekend too and stay away from all that crazy traffic! :hug

Hey everyone! Yup, I'm up bright and early again today! Just can't sleep these days. I did get some work done on the baby blanket yesterday, but can you say :frog. Mmm,hmmm! Got about 14 rows in when I noticed that it was growing and not in the right way! UGH! Back to row 3 and I'm now to where I was when I left off. What a wasted day! Oh, well, I should learn to pay better attention. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with all the pain meds I'm on! :rofl Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Happy Hooking! :hook

Yup, can always tell when it's a Friday where I am- traffic is a bear getting home from work---since I drive in the direction of all the folks heading to the Jersey shore for the weekend! Hope you maybe get to sneak out to get some :yarn

Hope you got some hooking time in! :hook It is a holiday weekend after all! :lol

Wow, that sounds like a great hobby! Want to come check out my house? We have an occasional "visitor". We know when we smell hydrangeas.

Sorry your having a hard day! :hug I noticed Hobo Hearts up for sale! I boy! Let's just say, it's taking all my control at the moment to not head to paypal! LOL! I will buy it, just need to practice self control! :blush:(:P

:hug Have a safe weekend too and stay away from all that crazy traffic! :hug

Hey everyone! Yup, I'm up bright and early again today! Just can't sleep these days. I did get some work done on the baby blanket yesterday, but can you say :frog. Mmm,hmmm! Got about 14 rows in when I noticed that it was growing and not in the right way! UGH! Back to row 3 and I'm now to where I was when I left off. What a wasted day! Oh, well, I should learn to pay better attention. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with all the pain meds I'm on! :rofl Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Happy Hooking! :hook

Well, I actually got 1 1/2 rounds done on the Baby RR- doesn't sound like a lot- and it isn't, but I was getting mighty tired, so rather than have to visit the frog pond- figured I'd better call it a night! Sorry to hear that you had to go visit it though!

Have a good weekend all- laundry is on- and just a few odds and ends to get done around here- then it's :crocheting time for a bit before running out to do errands!

Archived