Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. More heat and humidity in store for us, and for several days to come.Ditto, here! It seems like just yesterday you were talking about the challenge of driving in the heavy snow! My pups miss the cold weather just like I do.

As for yesterday, DGS had lots of fun, and so did Grandma...but this grandma was exhausted by the end of the day! ...and that's why young women should have kids...lol! I'm sure he went home content and happy - with lots of terrific memories. Between supervising art projects, playing outside, losing at games.....I finally resorted to a video! I didn't sleep well the night before either. After we dropped him off, we visited mil, and got groceries. By the time we got home, it was nearly 10 PM. I put groceries away and went to bed. I was awake at 8:30 by a phone call offering me a great deal on something. (I hung up before the caller got that far.)You should her hubby - when he gets annoyed at then number of robocalls he strings the caller along for a minute or two with an incredulous tone of voice - and hangs up. Even if there's a person on the other end - I mean, I know people have to make a living, but....

While I was shopping with a friend on Wednesday, I went into our local yarn store and asked if they gave knitting lessons. They offer both group and private lessons. Private lessons are $25 for an hour and a half, which I thought was a pretty good rate. I haven't scheduled anything yet, but I plan to schedule a lesson to learn to knit in the round. They suggested the magic loop method. I've watched a few YouTube videos and it looks much easier than the many needles method. In theory, I know how to knit in the round, in actual fact it doesn't work out that way. Things start out well, but pretty soon, needles and stitches are dropping like flies!Yay for doing something for yourself!!! I just saw a beginner knit shawl on the 12 kits of Christmas on Lion Brand's site this morning - I saved it. :P 

Mary those weekly dr visits sound like a lot of work. I hope they help Dh, which would make it worth it.

I may vacuum today...I might not. I have to work this weekend and I'm inclined to spend the day sewing, or reading or crocheting, or some combination of them. You're entitled, my friend! Call it a mental health day :lol 

Have a great day, ladies.

Stay cool!

Mr.Eagle: 35/150

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

I got up early and went outside to do some weeding that was desperately needed. Its going to be a yucky day out there so wanted it done nice and early. I Was finished by 6:45! And you could already feel the stickiness in the air. Feels good to have that chore done. We will be babysitting Charlie today while dd and sil take R&R to the waterpark. Then tonight its friendlys for dinner to continue Ryan's birthday celebration!

Stay cool and all i want is that the power stays on and my house stays cool

Im going to check out that shawl that Judy mentioned.

Marlene thinking of you!!!!

Have a good day one and all!

Hi ladies. Another busy day at work, but not quite as bad as it has been. I worked in the cardiac ICU.

Joanne, I considered going to look at that shawl Judy mentioned. I'm resisting. I have plenty of ideas already. I don't need anymore. On the other hand........

It is HOT and humid here. Our AC is keeping up, but DS says that his isn't. DD and dsil had the two furnaces in the house they bought inspected yesterday. Neither one of them works. Replacement cost is around $10,0000! The house needs two furnaces according to the inspector. Monday they are having a termite inspection done. The realtor recommended that because the house is cedar. Im not sure if the sale will go through if the sellers won't negotiate. Guess we will see what next week brings.

Work for me again tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Joanne ~ I was out early, too.  I made it all the way to 7:15. ;)   I checked our thermometer on the patio (in the shade) about 6 this evening.  It said 102* and I told it "enough is enough." :lol

Cindy ~ That sounds like a very reasonable fee for lessons! 

LeeAnn ~ Losing a post is so frustrating. :no   I hope you and your family are are doing well!

Hi Cindy ~ I hope things work out for the kids.  If not, there will be another house!  We are in our 8th home since we got married due to hubby's job changes/transfers and I think I've " been there-done that" a lot. I actually considered getting a real estate license years ago. Lol  It's never easy...and always a bit stressful ;)

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Had a nice time with charlie one on one. He's almost 5 mos old and smiles and laughs. Fun! The boys had a great time at the water park and we all enjoyed birthday dinner with Ryan!!! He told me that tomorrow is his "actual" birthday ! Lol. They will all be celebrating my son in laws grandfathers 94th tomorrow. I told Ryan that it was pretty special that he got to have birthday cake tomorrow with bis great grandfather. His birthday is actually in august but all 4 of his children were available and in town tomorrow One daughter lives in FL and bis son in CT. His other 2 daughters, including my son in laws mom are here in NJ. I saw him about 4 mos ago and he is sharp as a tack and in great shape!!!

Hope you are all surviving the heat. Dh and i stopped at the grocery store after the. Birthday celebration. So we don't have to deal with it tomorrow!!!

Hi house!

Thank you Mary and Judy.

Cindy and Mary, how are your kids getting along about finding their houses? Cindy, that is a WHOPPING amount of unexpected cost!

Joanne I can't wait to see the sunny blanket. I bet it will look just dreamy with the Berocco comfort! Sounds like you sure enjoyed the grands! and I don't blame you.

Mary, it does not sound fun at all for your DH with the nerve stimulation for bladder. Almost made me shudder just to read about it. You made me laugh though about the long post that just went poof!! I have alot that does that and always when I don't have a lot of time.

Cindy yay for you learning to knit. Always fun learning something new that we want to do. I tried knitting one time many years ago. I got so frustrated working with those 2 hooks and was GLAD to get back to my crochet where everything made sense! It just seemed like work to me instead of fun... But I hope you enjoy!

Well fixing to go to bed I think... Been very stiff and everything has been so much more a chore to do. But I have been very busy.... I started me a blog. I just hope I can learn how to do all the things I want to do with it. It still doesn't look like I want it to yet.. But this is for ME and it is helping me keep focused! When you get time take a peek and if you have any advice, please share! Especially since so many of you are truly professionals at this and I'm wondering if I will ever learn what all I need to.

Any way, hope everyone has a good night and try to stay cool!

Oh I almost forgot.. did these last week! A Delights-Gems pattern...

post-26273-0-31554400-1469329942_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, House. :)

Joanne ~ Awww, 5 months old already!  I love it when they are interacting more and those funny little giggles are so cute! :c9

Michelle ~ Hi!  Your blog is off to a wonderful start. :cheer   I loved reading how you came up with the name - it's perfect!  Looking forward to reading more!   The potholders are gorgeous!

We're staying in out of the heat today.  This week is looking pretty busy, so I plan to crochet later today. 

Have a great Sunday, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning. We are on our 4th day of heat advisory. Its been :hot enough to :faint. Went yardsaling yesterday and got burned, even my eyes hurt today.

Hershey038~~i so hate teeth problems..I hope that clears up for you!

Cindy~~hopefully things work out with the house for the kids! I am learning to knit as well. I have the book THE KNIT STITCH BY SALLY MELVILLE my sister and I are both making the Einstein coat. I'm much slower because I have grandchildren every weekend.

Mary~~im glad you have colors your happy with now :)

Joanne~~id love to see your sunny blanket.

Judy~~hi...a capelet

Hi Christi!  Yay for learning to knit!  As far as pictures, I'm not great at the techie stuff, but I think you need to transfer pictures from your phone to a computer first.  I have an iphone, but still like using my camera better. Lol

Hopefully someone else will check in with better info!

I hope you can figure it out...you know we love pictures! :D

I can't seem to share photos on my smart phone :(

Mary is right, as far as I know. Send the picture to your email address and open it on the computer.

Heres a pic of the sunny knit blanket i made for my youngest grandson. Making the exact same one for charlieattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Aw, so sweet! And the blanket looks so squishy. I am so anxious to finish Mr. Eagle so I can play with my needles again. 

Joanne ~ Adorable picture...and the blanket is adorable, too. ;)

We're in "save the birds and creatures" mode.  We have three bird baths and one smallish fountain that we're filling 2 to 3 times a day.  My annuals may not make it, but I refuse to let my herbs die!

Rain!!!! Yay!

It's not a lot right now, but till today it's all been south of us....

Worked on Mr. Eagle a bit yesterday: after adding more rows to the ghan I cut off most of the smaller balls of different colors I brought it downstairs and spent 40 minutes weaving in ends.

42/150 (I think...lol)

Stay cool my friends.

I can't seem to share photos on my smart phone :(

I haven't tried from my phone, but I can share from my iPad. Seems like they might work the same way. Once you type your reply, go to the "more reply options" tab that is on the lower right of the reply box. That will bring you to another screen. On my iPad I can either take a picture at that time, or choose one from my camera roll by clicking on "choose file". Once you choose or take a picture you need to click on "attach this file". It will take a few seconds for the file to be attached to your post.

I suppose this might depend on the type of phone that you have though.

Good morning. At the moment it's not quite as humid as it has been, but it's supposed to be hot again. I was too busy at work to notice, but apparently we got a lot of rain yesterday. Our grass is nice and green.

Nothing much planned for today. I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday, so I will keep today low key. Maybe a bit of laundry and cleaning the kitchen will happen. I plan to do a bit on the ugly fabric quilt too.

Joanne, that is a lovely blanket...and such a cute picture of your grandson.

Have a great day ladies.

Good evening!

It has been so hot!! I had a bad flare up yesterday so missed church and didn't do ANYTHING!! But today was good! Got alot of laundry done, a little more cleaning out done, and started a new project. For some reason, wanting to do slippers.

MARY THank you for the encouragement!!

CHRISTIG - :hi  yes, teeth problems are the pits! My dentist talked me into a bridge - filed down my teeth to put the thing in about a year ago. had problems ever since, Went 3 weeks ago and he told me it had cracked but don't worry about it, because the porcelain shouldn't have done that so it wasn't going to cost me anything. I have had nothing but pain and went the Monday after the 4th. He was "busy" but another doctor that was helping out would see me since I was just a walk-in. The new dentist lets me know that I need a root canal done on the back tooth that was holding the bridge. We do not have dental insurance so I was going to call around and get prices because we needed to do that to try and save the tooth. Only it is a retreat from 10 years ago by someone else. Price quotes were from 1800$ to 3000.

The one that did it 10 years ago said he would not do without an exam, to see what was going on with that tooth. Then they called me back - right after I got a call from regular dentist office. The assistant leveled with me and said my dentist left them high and dry= sold them out and that the new dentist heard them talking about me and what was I going to do because I have a LOT of infection. He told them he wanted to look at my xrays. Come to find out both of the teeth holding my bridge had had root canals before so they were blown out - no good . They had to come out. and right after the one who did them 10 years ago called back substantiating everything they said. His assistant even asked " did the dentist that put that bridge on not tell you before he did this?"  :rant  :bang  :irk 

So now I am on second round of a stronger antibiotic and will have them pulled August 2nd. and then I don't know what I will do. :ohdear

JOANNE your gs is precious!!! Looks so sweet! and that blanket is wonderful!

Hi JUDY!! Your Mr. Eagle sounds exquisite,, must be a graph... can't wait to see it!

Hi CINDY!! and the rest of the house too!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Your not being nosy asking about my diet. I've added salads. Hubby likes them so that helps. Watching the sodium. We eat a lot of venison, chicken and fish. I don't buy much beef if I have venison. Never been into to much fried foods or deep fried foods so that will be easy for me. Your moving right along on the eagle graph.

Mary, I don't know when I will have the procedure done. I don't have an appt yet. The told me to give them a week and if I don't hear anything call his office and tell them. On my to do list tomorrow. I hope your DH's treatments help him. What colors are using in your project? 

Cindy, I hope the new house works out for DD. But that's a lot of money to put into a house when you know there will be other things you want to change. It sounds like DGS had a great birthday with grandma and grandpa. 

Joanne, Your youngest grandson is a beautiful baby. Love the blanket!

LeeAnn, We just spent 4 nights at DD's house. She asked us to come down. DS came by yesterday with the kids. He just had them for 2 weeks and was on his way to take them home. All is good with them. I hate when I lose a big post. 

Michelle, Good to see you back! Hope your feeling better soon. Love those potholders! Very colorful.

Christi, Good to see you back! I learned knitting in 4-H. I made me a pair of mittens. I can do the basic knit and purl. Other than those mittens, i've only knitted dishcloths. 

DD and DH both asked me the same day if we could go to her house. So we went thursday and came home today. It was very hot there. Thank goodness for AC! Friday we did go to some garage sales. Those tired me out. Just rested the rest of the day. I had so much fun playing with Gerimiah. He turned 8 months old last week. My how time is flying. Watching Maya and Gerimiah play together was so much fun.  DD worked saturday so I took care of him most of the day. DD and SIL are going to have there bathroom remodeled and do some other things to the house. They have been spending a lot of time at Lowes and Menards. She was hoping to be able to take out a large linen closet, change her stairway around to her basement and make the bathroom bigger, but the wall she wants out is a supporting wall. Cost wise it isn't worth it. 

I am really feeling better. I noticed I only needed a nap once last week. Today we stopped at Meijers which is like a super walmart and I went across the store to get something and back to where I came in at and didn't feel whipped when I got out to the car. So I know I'm getting stronger. 

One of my brothers and I talked one night while I was in the hospital. I thought it was my lungs and not my heart. But now that it is my heart and he and I share some of same symptoms I told him he should really go get his heart checked out. He went last week. He has issues with his heart and he will be having a echocardiogram tomorrow and a stress test early august. He showed his doctor my posts on facebook about what I was going through. His doctor was impressed and glad I shared. Today I ran into my sister at the store and I told her I want her to get checked out to. Actually all of them should. When my brother Gordy had his first pacemaker put in his cardiac doctor told us we all should get are heart checked out. Some of us did. I was one of them. They found a leaky valve on me. 

One of hubby's sisters is having a heart issue to. I hope she will get it taken care of before it's to late. She hasn't been listening to there sister Melaine about getting to a cardiac doctor. 

Maya and I are watching Parenthood. She's seen it before but I haven't. I'll catch you all later. Have a good week everyone!

We lost power last noght for about 6 hours. Had really bad storms. But the power is on, the sun is out and its a new day. Will catch up later. Have a good day

Hi, ho, hi, ho. Its off to work i go.......

morning peeps!

Marlene, I've been trying to convince my 61 yo baby brother to get a stress test done. Out of 4 of us he's the only one left standing, so to speak, who hasn't had surgical intervention for heart problems. I was the only one to escape with "just" stents. I sometimes have veggies for lunch and leave a bowl of homemade fruit salad in the fridge for snack attacks. Refined carbs are the worst offender according to my cardio doc and other sources I've checked. We have to look after each other!!

Michelle....it sounds like you were taken advantage of by the dentist - or did I read that wrong? I would be beyond furious! I feel so badly for you. We don't have dental insurance either so question almost everything the dentist suggests that's not routine care. I'm too nice about it, because I like our dentists (brothers), but hubby is the strong one!

And yes, Mr. Eagle is a graph.

Joanne, I kept praying our power would stay on and it did - tg yours went on eventually! I did hear of a couple of accidents in the area that took down power lines and poles...  It was some series of storms last night! 

Have a good day my friends!

Good afternoon House!

Wooohooo!  It feels great to be back!

Judy-Mr. Eagle is working up fast!  Have you also been working on the JAYG squares?  Some days I just feel like starting 10 projects.  Today New yarn arrived, the Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Yarn and Red Heart Snuggle Bunny..I am fighting the urge as they all look so squishy and soft!

Marlene-so happy to hear that you are feeling much better.  Your gs is growing up so fast!  He is going to be walking soon.  Is Maya on Summer Vacation?

Cindy-hoping that you get to rest this week, did you recuperate after having your grands?

Joanne-Happy Birthday to your gs, all of them are beyond adorable!  How fun to be able to see them often.

Christi-hi there!  I knit like a turtle..so very slow.  I do find knit dishcloths to be the fastest, scarves/shawls take me months to get whipped up.

Michelle-oh my!  You sure are going thru a rough time with the dentists..I do not have dental insurance, I wouldn't know what to do either. Are the meds helping? Your new blog is fabulous!  I really enjoyed reading. :-) 

Mary-what project/projects are you working on? :manyheart

Had a super busy weekend.  My sister and her family drove to our small town for a nice visit.  My kiddos were both home on Sunday for ds's 19th birthday. We all went to the Great Sand Dunes on Saturday then to the Hooper Hot Springs on Sunday.  We had a great time, all weekend outdoors..whew!  I am burnt to a crisp and exhausted but it was so worth it.  Everyone is gone, including our kiddos..all that is left is the laundry and cleaning.  I worked all day yesterday on the laundry...picked up ds's laundry this morning...looks like it may take me all week to get caught up again.  Also working on a baby ghan but really must focus on more product making.

Off to paperwork land, missed all of you,  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug

Hello ladies. I'm tired. It was, as usual, super busy at work, and I didn't sleep well last night. Work again tomorrow, but then seven days off! I'm looking forward to it!

Marlene, I'm glad you are getting stronger. Keep up the good work. And I'm impressed by the trip to Meijers. I rarely go there, it's just too much work to get everything I need, especially since most of the Grand Rapids stores moved the health and beauty stuff to the opposite end of the store. So buying shampoo or toothpaste means a lot of extra time, walking all the way across the store. Rockford still has theirs by groceries, but I'm in Grand Rapids more often, so I seldom go there.

I haven't done any knitting or crocheting lately. Still working on the ugly fabric quilt.

Have a great evening ladies.

Hi peeps.

Cindy, 7 days off sounds great! You're such a good seamstress I'm sure the quilt will look great - and not ugly...loL!

Good afternoon House!Hi!!

Wooohooo!  It feels great to be back!

Judy-Mr. Eagle is working up fast! Yup! Not as many color changes at this point, either, so it;s easier to get a row done. Have you also been working on the JAYG squares? A little every day, usually.  Some days I just feel like starting 10 projects. It certainly prevents boredom - never really lose my crochet mojo when I have at least two WIPS going at once. ;)  Today New yarn arrived, the Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Yarn and Red Heart Snuggle Bunny..I am fighting the urge as they all look so squishy and soft!

Marlene-so happy to hear that you are feeling much better.  Your gs is growing up so fast!  He is going to be walking soon.  Is Maya on Summer Vacation?

Cindy-hoping that you get to rest this week, did you recuperate after having your grands?

Joanne-Happy Birthday to your gs, all of them are beyond adorable!  How fun to be able to see them often.

Christi-hi there!  I knit like a turtle..so very slow.  I do find knit dishcloths to be the fastest, scarves/shawls take me months to get whipped up.

Michelle-oh my!  You sure are going thru a rough time with the dentists..I do not have dental insurance, I wouldn't know what to do either. Are the meds helping? Your new blog is fabulous!  I really enjoyed reading. :-) 

Mary-what project/projects are you working on? :manyheart

Had a super busy weekend.  My sister and her family drove to our small town for a nice visit.  My kiddos were both home on Sunday for ds's 19th birthday. We all went to the Great Sand Dunes on Saturday then to the Hooper Hot Springs on Sunday.  We had a great time, all weekend outdoors..whew!  I am burnt to a crisp and exhausted but it was so worth it.  Everyone is gone, including our kiddos..all that is left is the laundry and cleaning. Always laundry...lol! Our son came over last night...so I dipped into what was supposed to be leftovers for tonight and fed him, of course! I worked all day yesterday on the laundry...picked up ds's laundry this morning...looks like it may take me all week to get caught up again.  Also working on a baby ghan but really must focus on more product making.

Off to paperwork land, missed all of you,  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug

Pace yourself! 

Have a great day my friends. :manyheart

Archived