Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's a lovely sunny day here. Dh says it's supposed to get really hot this afternoon.

Marlene, what a wonder that you got to the hospital in time. It's astounding how often that happens. I hope you are doing much better soon. And thank you for the kind words. Many days, we are just as blessed by our patients and their families as they are by the nurses and other care givers.

Joanne, I know what you mean regarding the grandson watching. It can be overwhelming at times. I think it's partly because we aren't used to it any longer. Much as you love them, and despite the fun, sometimes it's really nice to see their parents coming to pick them up!

Is this the blanket pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunny-baby-blanket

When I searched for "sunny blanket" on Ravelry, quite a few came up.

Hubby is working today. He is really busy and has a big order to get out by the fourteenth. Usually if I am off on a summer holiday, we head north to a giant flea market. He said we could go and he'd work afterwards, but I decided against it. I hated to think of him having to work after 3 hours of walking around a flea market, plus a couple of hours driving. (Ok, maybe the thought of getting up at 6 AM had a little bit if impact on my decision....)

We don't have any plans today. (Unless we are still awake enough by 10 PM to go to the neighbors for fireworks, but I doubt it.). All our children and grandchildren came for dinner last night. DD, dsil and the grandkids are going to a parade and family reunion today, youngest DD worked 12 hours Saturday and Sunday and is scheduled for 12 hours again Tuesday, so she planned to stay home and relax, and DS wanted to do yard work, and other chores today. It was fun, but by the time they left, I was exhausted. I'm sure they would all come for dinner again today, but I have no problems with a nice quiet holiday at home. In fact, it sounds wonderful to me!

I had a really busy, (but fun), day at work yesterday. DD said her floor was really quiet, only 9 patients, but our ICU was hopping. I was sort of oblivious to what was going on, as my patient had a cardiac arrest first thing in the morning, and I never really got out of the room until I left, but other nurses told me that we had transferred out six or seven patients and had taken a lot of admissions. Admissions are generally very sick, and therefore a lot of work.

Well, off to get laundry going and a few household chores done.

Hi House.  It's been a long day...DH had an appt. and the boys were here this afternoon.

Marlene ~ If you're able to read posts...thinking of you a lot and saying little prayers throughout the day. Hugs! :ghug

Hi Ladies,

The Doctor came in this morning and told me I have him puzzled. I chuckled. I told him in Texas they call me the puzzle queen. I guess I get that title with more than one meaning. He did a procedure here in the room. He slowed my heart down hoping it would go back in rhythm and to find out what rhythm I was in. It only half worked. He found out what rhythm I was in. They gave me some medicine and it brought the heart rate down. But it shot back up again to 120 so I got some more medicine and it's back down again. I had a cat scan and they didn't find any blood clots. Doing the happy dance. I still have fluid on the heart so I had some diuretics today. You know where I spent some time today. I'm hoping tomorrow brings new ways to keep my heart rate down.

My family reunion is Sunday. DD said your not going to be up to making meatloaf lik I always do. Maya spoke up and said she will make it. Her and grandpa can make it. I hope you all have a good week!

morning peeps.

Sparkie and I sheltered in place again last night during another night of idiots and fireworks...maybe one distant one was a town nearby. The others were all LOCAL, and illegal in NJ for private individuals to own or use!! :irk 

I sat on the floor of the upstairs landing, bedroom door shut so Lucy couldn't attack him (she picks on him a lot) and a radio on pretty loud - Christian music station was a good choice ;) - and petting and talking to him in a soft calm voice all helped him a bit. He was still trembling and drooling, but not as badly as the night before. He slept in the hall bathroom all night.  I've learned he has a very strong bladder...lol! 11 hours and lots of stress and no issues...unlike one male we had, who christened the back of the recliner I was sitting on at the time a t/storm hit.

Judy. The blanket is on ravelry and is called the sunny blanket. I'll be heading to moore yarn tomorrow after work to get the yarn. I used Berocco comfort.

Thank you! I saved it. It'll be my "back to knitting" project when Mr. Eagle is done - I haven't worked on it for days.

Good morning. It's a lovely sunny day here. Dh says it's supposed to get really hot this afternoon.

Marlene, what a wonder that you got to the hospital in time. It's astounding how often that happens. I hope you are doing much better soon. And thank you for the kind words. Many days, we are just as blessed by our patients and their families as they are by the nurses and other care givers.

Joanne, I know what you mean regarding the grandson watching. It can be overwhelming at times. I think it's partly because we aren't used to it any longer. Much as you love them, and despite the fun, sometimes it's really nice to see their parents coming to pick them up!

Is this the blanket pattern?
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunny-baby-blanket
When I searched for "sunny blanket" on Ravelry, quite a few came up.

Hubby is working today. He is really busy and has a big order to get out by the fourteenth. Usually if I am off on a summer holiday, we head north to a giant flea market. He said we could go and he'd work afterwards, but I decided against it. I hated to think of him having to work after 3 hours of walking around a flea market, plus a couple of hours driving. (Ok, maybe the thought of getting up at 6 AM had a little bit if impact on my decision....)​That's way too early for me!

We don't have any plans today. (Unless we are still awake enough by 10 PM to go to the neighbors for fireworks, but I doubt it.). All our children and grandchildren came for dinner last night. DD, dsil and the grandkids are going to a parade and family reunion today, youngest DD worked 12 hours Saturday and Sunday and is scheduled for 12 hours again Tuesday, so she planned to stay home and relax, and DS wanted to do yard work, and other chores today. It was fun, but by the time they left, I was exhausted. I'm sure they would all come for dinner again today, but I have no problems with a nice quiet holiday at home. In fact, it sounds wonderful to me!You're lucky to have family so close by - but it is good spending a quiet day - We like that, too.

I had a really busy, (but fun), day at work yesterday. DD said her floor was really quiet, only 9 patients, but our ICU was hopping. I was sort of oblivious to what was going on, as my patient had a cardiac arrest first thing in the morning, and I never really got out of the room until I left, but other nurses told me that we had transferred out six or seven patients and had taken a lot of admissions. Admissions are generally very sick, and therefore a lot of work.

Well, off to get laundry going and a few household chores done.

Very humid and rainy all night and today. Not much else going on - hopefully I'll get in some hook time today.

Marlene, it sounds like your doctors are on the right track! You're in my thoughts and prayers - please take care of yourself and do what they suggest. It's hard, I know.  :heart

Good morning. I think hot sticky summer weather has arrived here. It's very humid already. It's been so nice, cool nights, pleasantly warm days......

Marlene, I hope they can figure out the heart rhythm problem.

Poor Sparkie. My parents had a GSD that was terrified of thunder. He hid in their closet during storms. Once in a while he squeezed himself behind the sofa. Fireworks weren't really an issue when I was a child, but I think those might have been even worse. Sophie mostly slept through the fireworks last night.

I spent a lot of time cleaning in the basement storage room yesterday. I figured out why we have so much stuff. Most of it belongs to our kids. I made three piles and they will have to store it at their own homes. Dh went through his books and most of them went onto the donate pile. He has a lot of old westerns, so I might take the ones with larger printing to the nursing home. I notice that they don't have many books targeted to men. They rely on donated books, and they mostly seem to have romances. I did not do the high shelves yet. I don't want to climb up and down a ladder all the time. If dh helps me, one of us can hand stuff down to the other.

I have laundry going, and since my sewing space is right next to the laundry room, I might work on my crazy quilt. I sew in the unfinished part of our basement. I could move into a more attractive room, (we have three unused bedrooms), but I like to be able to keep my project undisturbed where no one can see it.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning. I think hot sticky summer weather has arrived here. It's very humid already. It's been so nice, cool nights, pleasantly warm days......

Marlene, I hope they can figure out the heart rhythm problem.

Poor Sparkie. My parents had a GSD that was terrified of thunder. He hid in their closet during storms. Sparkie tried to dig a hole in the carpet  of my closet so he could hide but that didn't work...he seemed to do better with a small space like in the hall....Once in a while he squeezed himself behind the sofa. Fireworks weren't really an issue when I was a child, but I think those might have been even worse.The storms are a bit more predictable but the fireworks are incessant...torturous!  Sophie mostly slept through the fireworks last night.

I spent a lot of time cleaning in the basement storage room yesterday. I figured out why we have so much stuff. Most of it belongs to our kids. I made three piles and they will have to store it at their own homes.Good for you! Dh went through his books and most of them went onto the donate pile. He has a lot of old westerns, so I might take the ones with larger printing to the nursing home. I notice that they don't have many books targeted to men. That's a great idea!They rely on donated books, and they mostly seem to have romances. I did not do the high shelves yet. I don't want to climb up and down a ladder all the time. If dh helps me, one of us can hand stuff down to the other.That's how we get the bookcase done too. Too old to go up and down!

I have laundry going, and since my sewing space is right next to the laundry room, I might work on my crazy quilt. I sew in the unfinished part of our basement. I could move into a more attractive room, (we have three unused bedrooms), but I like to be able to keep my project undisturbed where no one can see it.That's why I like using hubby's old office for my graph projects. Mr.Eagle makes quite a mess!

Have a great day ladies.

Have a good day!

Good afternoon House!

Marlene-oh my!  I am so glad that your dh went with you to the hospital and that your family is close and can help you out.  Rest and recover, I am sure that your body has gone thru a lot.

Joanne-taking care of four grands sounds like an awful lot of fun!  I bet they kept you hopping.  All those grandma hugs and kisses are so sweet.  Reminds me of my days teaching in the toddler classrooms, very rewarding but exhausting.

Cindy-I too like spreading out my sewing, it's difficult when you have to pack it all up, my craft studio is always a flurry of projects, I like that no one goes in there but me.  I have been trying to keep it tidy but the yarn in one corner has exploded.  Going to have to get back to work on those wips.

Judy-your poor fur baby!  Our kittens were terrified with the fireworks, thankfully our neighborhood is spread out,..in the country we do not have neighbors close by.  

I have been running as usual, both of our kiddos have 2 jobs each...that means dh and I each have another job.  He helps Cristopher our son clean the building, they are the janitors and then my daughter Celine has a new job at a bed & breakfast, I am helping her on Mondays clean the entire place.  Then they each have other jobs. we are really keeping ourselves busy but what I like the most is that we get to work with our kids.  Nothing compares to the time spent with them, they are learning so many good life skills that it is worth it.  Dh and I were joking that we should start our own family cleaning business..hmmm...something to consider but not sure how we would fit more in.

off to paperwork land, hugs and warmest of wishes to you all!

Hi Ladies,

Today I had an echocardiogram. I haven't asked for the results. Tomorrow I will have a TEE (transesophageal echcardiogram). Checking for blood clots. The Doctor doesn't want to miss anything. Then I will have a cardio version (shocking the heart) hopefully back to the normal. Tonight I'm ready to get out of here. Hopefully Thursday if tomorrow is successful.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Marlene

Positive thoughts that the TEE is negative and the cardioversuon puts you back into normal sinus rhythm. Hang in there!!!! Im sire you are more than ready to go home. Hows dh holding up? He must be so worried about you !!!!

Hi, peeps! 

Marlene, I'm thinking of you this morning - hugs, my friend.

Hi, LeeAnn! Keeping teens busy is so important! They learn great values by working,

Off I go - have a great day my friends,

Good morning. It looks like rain out there. We could really use it.

Marlene, thinking of you today. If you feel ready to go home, you must be feeling better. Hopefully the TEE doesn't find any clots so they can try to cardiovert.

LeeAnn, wow, your family is sure keeping busy!

I'm planning to go get a haircut and get a few groceries. I don't need much, just some produce.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good afternoon House!

Marlene-so glad that you are feeling better, wishing you a speedy recovery.  Hugs to you and your loved ones, they must have been besides themselves with worry.

Judy-you are so right, keeping teenagers busy is a good thing.  They never have time to complain and wine.  I love it!  We are blessed with 2 wonderful individuals.

Cindy-will you be doing something different with your hair?

Hello to the rest of the house.  Nothing too exciting going on here in my neck of the woods.  Tomorrow I am to get my hair cut and colored..still thinking about the haircut, not sure if I should get it cut short or continue with the outgrowing process.  It is almost shoulder length..last year I had it in a short bob..easy peasy..this outgrowing is a pain..hmm??

Off to listing on Etsy, hugs!

Hi House. :)

Marlene ~ Such great news!  You sound so good and before long, we'll all be nagging..."Do not overdo, take it easy, etc."  :D  I'm so glad you're giving us updates. :manyheart

LeeAnn ~ Hi!  You and your family are amazing!  Your kids will always remember how you supported them and worked with them...our DD still thanks us for the way we raised her.  She's an only child and it would have been so easy to always say "yes" and give her everything she wanted! (Of course, we never deprived her of anything. Lol)

Hi to Judy, Joanne, Cindy, too!

We had major storms Sunday and Monday nights with lots of small branches and leaves down, but thankfully no real damage.   Not much sleep for me, though!  Like Judy, I was up with our Gracie both nights.

Back to the oral surgeon tomorrow for another x-ray to check the implant progress.  I started Bella Dia's Vintage Stripe afghan today.  It's all stash and in fall colors. (Except I'm sure I'll have to buy some yarn before it's finished. ;) )

Have a good evening, all! ♥♥♥

Good morning. I'm on call for work again. I slept about three hours last night, so a shorter work day is welcome. I still got up and got ready though....just in case. They want you to get to work in 30 minutes if you get called in.

Still no rain here. According to the weather, the chance of rain yesterday was 70%. I think there's a chance today and tomorrow as well. We really need it. My annuals look pathetic.

Marlene, I'm so glad both procedures went well. I hope you had a good night and that you get to go home today.

Lee Ann, Before the haircut, I had a shoulder length bob, I got it cut to just above chin length. It's actually a little shorter than I like, but it's one of the best cuts I've had in a while. My hair grows fast, so I'm not too upset about the length. I could have gotten by this morning without any styling. (If I'd known that I woukd have stayed in bed longer!)

I had a good grocery store visit yesterday too. I was just in time to catch the markdowns in the meat department. I snagged 4 really nice smaller roasts at half price. Around here, nearly every store cuts their roasts at 3 to 5 pounds, which is way too big for the two of us. (I know I could cut them in half, but I never think to do that.). These were right around a pound and a half which would give us a couple of meals and some sandwiches.

Mary, I made that vintage stripe afghan as a scrap buster baby blanket a year or two ago.

Have a great day, ladies.

morning peeps.

Mary, that vintage blanket reminds me of Attic24, I think. It's a great one - saved for my next baby scrap ghan!!

Cindy, I hope you have an easy day. Three hours of sleep isn't enough! 

We have the same problem with buying meat, too - it's amazing how many meals we can get out of a roast! I do cut them up and freeze it all.

Another sweaty, oven-like day here. With my hair clipped up already, a short bob like yours, Cindy, sounds appealing!

Dropping my pile of blankets to the LYS today so they can get on their way to the people who need them.

Have a good day, my friends.

Hi Ladies,

No going home today. My heart Doctor and hubbys had a meeting about me and came up with how they think I should be treated. So I started a new medicine today. They kept me because they want to see how it works for me. I may need to go home with oxygen too. It drops down to 80 just going to the bathroom. It may be a temporary thing until my heart is stronger.

Joanne yes I am back to a normal rhythm. I feel like a load has been lifted.

Have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon House!

Marlene-thank you so very much for keeping us posted.  Sorry to hear that you are not going home today but I bet the dr. wants to ensure that you will be ok.  Hugs! :hug   Have you been able to rest?

Cindy-a meat sale would be such a treat!  We tried no-meat recipes.  I did ok, but the rest of my family felt lightheaded and sick..they were not getting enough protein even with more veggies, beans and such.   I bet you will be excited when your kiddos pick up their goodies.  My in-laws have stored lots of stuff for dh, I think they were more than happy when he picked it all up.  :lol

Judy-were are on the down slide of summer, the nights are brisk.  I am not ready for our longer winters.  Can we trade just for a few days?  

Joanne-the knit pattern you shared has me wanting to make a baby ghan, they are my favorite items to make along with scarves and shawls.  ohhh Iaaa laaaaa going to take another looksie at the pattern, I think I have enough pastels in my stash but since I am surrounded by yarn..I bet I can find something fast.   :rofl

Packaged up a custom order and am waiting for 2 o'clock to get here, have an appointment at our Small Business Development Center, I am applying to be a mentor and also teach Etsy classes.  I am super excited as they will be in the evenings and on Saturdays..more work but I miss teaching..this will be a win win. 

off to paperland.   :ghug  :ghug

LeeAnn....brisk nights...I don't remember what that feels like! We had some rain this afternoon and it cut the humidity a bit so you can actually breathe when outside.  What did you do about the haircut?

Well, my day off didn't last very long. I got called in at 7:15. I had a busy day, but not crazy.

Marlene, hope they get that medication regulated so that you can go home this weekend.

It's pouring here....and the rain is very welcome. It's been so dry. Unfortunately my huge Annabelle hydrangea is all flattened out from the wind and rain. Hopefully it straightens out a bit.

Judy, our forecast has a couple of nights in the 50s this weekend. That's pretty brisk for July!

Morning, my friends. We've been watching the news for days....and after last night's horrors in Dallas, we're sick. Our thoughts and prayers go out to my Texas friends.

Archived