Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning Ladies,

LeeAnn, Hope you enjoy your trip to the zoo saturday and your birthday.

Judy, Can't wait to see your finished project.

Joanne, Can't wait to hear the new grandsons name.

Mary, Hope your able to get some good and needed rest each evening. It's the great memories the boys will have that makes it all worth it. Have fun! 

Thanks for the compliments. I have a return appt at the dentist office in July. And old filling needs to be replaced. It's on the opposite side of where the pain was coming from a few weeks ago. They check that tooth out and everything is good there. He said it was probably sinus. They will and can cause the pain I was feeling. 

It's going to be hot here tomorrow. It's suppose to get up to 90*. After two very cool nights it will almost be welcomed. SD, Zack, Karli and grandbabies are suppose to come up tomorrow. They want to go fishing. When it's that hot it's not a good fishing day. It will be fun day at the lake for them any ways. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Cloudy and chilly here at the moment, but as Marlene says, we are heading into a hot weekend. It's my weekend to work.Hopefully it's not full moon time!

DD and the grandkids came over yesterday for a few hours. Between that and the three previous days at work, I was really dragging last night. I managed to do laundry, bake bread and get groceries though. I went to bed at 9! (I'm such a party animal!)

Joanne, I remember my sister in law saying that the new baby did not fit the name that they had picked out and that they would have to choose another one. Has your DD chosen a name yet?

Marlene, sounds like tomorrow will be a great day for the lake, even if the fish aren't biting!

Judy, you sure are fast at those graphghan so. A single crochet afghan woukd take me months....and that's without any color changes!

Mary, hope you have a great day with the boys. When will DD and dsil return?

Lee Ann, I hope whatever is going on at the shop gets figured out. In the meantime, happy birthday, and enjoy your weekend.

Michelle, just saying hi, and sending a cyber hug.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning House!

Cindy- we are alike, when I am tired I can go to bed as early as 8:30, lately I have been exhausted, I am sure it is the business of life and having a business.  Will you get to rest today?

Marlene-ouch!  Sinus infections are painful!  Has yours gone away?  Do you all eat the fish that you catch? My ds doesn't like fish but if he catches it, he will scarf it down.  :lol   So funny as he is not a fish kinda guy but he does love fishing.

Joanne-I can't wait to hear what baby's name will be, how exciting!

Judy-your hook must be smoking!  I am still working on the same projects, can't seem to get any of them done.  One of these days I will finally finish something.  

Since today is my b-day, I may just take the day off from paperwork, originally I was going to work on Etsy listings but perhaps a moment of knitting is in order.  I have an order for a knit scarf, it's the sashay type, super fast and easy.

Have a wonderful day friends!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Lee Ann, I was going to clean house, but decided to take some time to just relax today instead. I have to work this weekend, so It isn't like I'd enjoy that nice clean house very much. I've done a bit of camper packing, put tonight's dinner in the crockpot and made shepherds pie for tomorrow's dinner. I figured that I might just as well make all the kitchen mess at once. Hopefully there will be enough shepherds pie left for dinner on our first camping night. I still need to get my scrubs off the line so that I can wear them tomorrow.

Back to reading and crafting.....

Good morning !

Took time yesterday and got laundry, vaccuuming, grocery shopping done. When dh got home we had dinner and them went down to dds and took the boys and DD out for Ralphs italian ices. Tomorrow heading up to spend the day with dd and the munchkin. She still hasnt named him. She officially has until tuesday to give him a name. Im not even asking what names are in the running. Lol

Today will be spent with dh. No real plans, but i do know it will be a day of relaxation!

Hope you are all doing well. Read all the posts and know that im thinking of you all!!!

Hi peeps - don't know where yesterday went!

I read all the posts - busy people here!

Happy Belated Birthday, LeeAnn!!! I hope you enjoyed the entire day :manyheart

And Cindy - as far as getting the graph ghan done quickly: you have so many other obligations, as do most of you ladies here, while my life is quite the opposite - hence the voracious hooking and reading. Those things, my pups and taking car of my man are what make my world go around. I do love routine - though am also a woman who likes the unexpected surprises, too. One more "frame" of color for the border, then I add toenails to the bear and some interest on the "ground" part of the ghan - you'll see what I mean when I get a pic of the finished product. ;)

Later, gators

Hi House.  The boys are having an "ordered quiet time."  Lol  They are so good, but will not stop unless grammy steps in.  We've been to the park and McDonalds today.  Backyard play time this afternoon.

Needless to say, I haven't touched my hook since Tuesday and I'm having serious withdrawal issues. ;)  DD and SIL will be home tomorrow evening.  I can't remember if I told you, but they've been in Playa del Carmen for a friend's destination wedding.  The pictures of their villa are incredible - private lagoon and their own pool!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Good morning ladies. It was a very busy weekend at work, but it was kind of fun! I'm off for the next two weeks now.

Mary, bet your DD and sil are enjoying that wedding, although I woukd guess they miss the boys. It sounds lovely there! Tomorrow you can pick up your hook!

Joanne, tomorrow will also be the day your newest grandson gets a name. I'm curious as to what it will be.

Dh is busy doing a few last minute things to the camper. I wanted a couple of shelves, some hooks and a paper towel rack installed. I'm going to slowly on start packing it too. We plan to leave bright and early Wednesday morning. Well early anyhow, not sure how bright I will be! Dh is very much a morning person. I usually get up early, but Ilike to sit around and drink coffee quietly for an hour before I get moving.

Off to tackle my to do list. Enjoy the day!

Good Morning!  Day 6...whew!  Lol  We'll take the boys home about 4 and they should be home by 6.  Pray for no bad traffic or flight delays. ;)  

Cindy ~ Your camping trip will be a great get away!  I hope you have perfect weather and a wonderful time.  :yes 

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the pictures!

We had a boy's name and a girl's name picked out, but couldn't decide on middle names.  When DD was born, they still kept you in the hospital for a week.  We finally decided on Sarah Kathryn and never thought about her initials spelling "Sky" until her friends started calling her that in grade school. :)

Hi peeps!

Good morning ladies. It was a very busy weekend at work, but it was kind of fun! I'm off for the next two weeks now.Enjoy! I hope the weather cooperates and you have the best time.

Dh is busy doing a few last minute things to the camper. I wanted a couple of shelves, some hooks and a paper towel rack installed. I'm going to slowly on start packing it too. We plan to leave bright and early Wednesday morning. Well early anyhow, not sure how bright I will be! Dh is very much a morning person. I usually get up early, but Ilike to sit around and drink coffee quietly for an hour before I get moving.I'm the exact same way - hubby finally got the message after 48 years.

Off to tackle my to do list. Enjoy the day!

Hi House.  The boys are having an "ordered quiet time."  Lol  They are so good, but will not stop unless grammy steps in. Good for you! Some grandmas wear themselves into the ground. Not fair at all! We've been to the park and McDonalds today.  Backyard play time this afternoon.

Needless to say, I haven't touched my hook since Tuesday and I'm having serious withdrawal issues. ;)  DD and SIL will be home tomorrow evening.  I can't remember if I told you, but they've been in Playa del Carmen for a friend's destination wedding.  The pictures of their villa are incredible - private lagoon and their own pool!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Mary, Your DD and SIL will get back so rested! Ready to tackle the boys again - literally :lol

Good Morning!  Day 6...whew!  Lol  We'll take the boys home about 4 and they should be home by 6.  Pray for no bad traffic or flight delays. ;)

I hope all goes on schedule. The boys must be excited that Mom and Dad are coming home.

Cindy ~ Your camping trip will be a great get away!  I hope you have perfect weather and a wonderful time.  :yes

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the pictures!By tomorrow I'll have a pic

We had a boy's name and a girl's name picked out, but couldn't decide on middle names.  When DD was born, they still kept you in the hospital for a week.  We finally decided on Sarah Kathryn and never thought about her initials spelling "Sky" until her friends started calling her that in grade school. :)  I always wondered how you arrived at your user name!

So, hubby suggested putting a red tongue on the polar bear's muzzle - I'm going with it. It needs something. I already hand washed the bit of yarn I'm going to use for it to make sure it wouldn't run. I just have a few tails to weave in and then it's time for the washing machine. The friend who is getting it is moderately allergic to dog dander. I would wash and dry it away, but I have to be more careful to do it with this one - and bag it immediately.

Hi to everyone else...I still expect to see Linda in here...I have such a hard time believing all of this....

Anyway - Hugs all around, my friends.

Judy ~ Congrats on finishing the graph 'ghan!  LInda is in my thoughts quite often...usually when I'm crocheting.  She was such a talented, creative and loving person.  :manyheart 

I shouldn't have said anything earlier. ;)  So far, DD's flight is delayed by almost 2 hours - she's texting me with updates.  We'll still take the boys home about 4 to avoid rush hour.  They're ready to see their own rooms again, too. :)

Hi Ladies,

LeeAnn, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day at the zoo with the family. Yes we eat the fish we catch. We catch bluegills. They are a pan fish. I love fishing. My dad and grandpa use to take me and my siblings when we were kids. I am so glad hubby like to fish too. 

Judy, You were pretty fast with this graphghan. I to keep looking for Linda. I think about her often. I like time for my coffee in the morning too. 

Cindy, I hope you have good weather while camping. Enjoy! 

Mary, The boys probably needed the break as much as you did. I know when I was a kid and it was hot out we would have to come and relax for awhile. I probably remember that because I never was much of an outside kid. 

We canceled on SD saturday. It was just to hot. So they all came up yesterday. We grilled burgers, they all went out on the pontoon with DH and went fishing. I stayed back and enjoyed my quite time. Everyone had a nice time. Today I went and met DD and picked Maya up. The fun begins!  She wants to learn to crochet. She has to learn how to ride her bike. She hasn't had good balance with it in the past. She has a brand new bike. Hubby has a doctors appt tomorrow. They called us for an appt, because his sugar was high on a non fasting blood test and his BUN is high. I 'm not worried about the sugar because he don't have a problem with it going high. His crashes because it gets to low. And those are less than they use to be. But his kidneys do concern me. The nurse said he might of dehydrated that day. And that is quite possible as he is not a water drinker. He drinks one or two cups of coffee then gatorade the rest of the day. The VA doctor said it was a little high but she wasn't concerned. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hi, my friends - a flyby this morning....

Tam....love and hugs to you and the family sweetie....you all went through so much. :heart

Hi, my friends - a flyby this morning....

Tam....love and hugs to you and the family sweetie....you all went through so much. :heart

Thank you so much honey!!!!

yeah..... Cancer SUCKS

(((hugs)))

....as promised, a pic of ghan #1 for my friend. I'm kind of bored with polar bear - and will see if she wants something different for #2. Like maybe a wolf or German shepherd...

It's 52 inches square. Not posting to FB till she gets it tomorrow when they visit. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to make - other than finishing touches last night. Remember, though, when you think it was fast: I have no 2 footed kids at home, no grandkids, and a hubby who helps with the housework...

and I also finished reading Dan Brown's INFERNO last night. I think I'm ADD....LOL!

post-8552-0-93480300-1465913249_thumb.jpg

Tam ~ Sending you and the kids lots of gentle hugs and prayers. :hug    It's so good to see you here again. :manyheart

Judy ~ Oh my!  The afghan is gorgeous!  Your friend will be thrilled. :yes

Marlene ~ I bet Maya will learn to crochet quickly!  Will she be with you all summer?

More later!  I'm putting the house back together...one room at a time. Lol

....as promised, a pic of ghan #1 for my friend. I'm kind of bored with polar bear - and will see if she wants something different for #2. Like maybe a wolf or German shepherd...

It's 52 inches square. Not posting to FB till she gets it tomorrow when they visit. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to make - other than finishing touches last night. Remember, though, when you think it was fast: I have no 2 footed kids at home, no grandkids, and a hubby who helps with the housework...

and I also finished reading Dan Brown's INFERNO last night. I think I'm ADD....LOL!

That is so cool!  LOVE IT!​

Tam ~ Sending you and the kids lots of gentle hugs and prayers. :hug    It's so good to see you here again. :manyheart

Judy ~ Oh my!  The afghan is gorgeous!  Your friend will be thrilled. :yes

Marlene ~ I bet Maya will learn to crochet quickly!  Will she be with you all summer?

More later!  I'm putting the house back together...one room at a time. Lol

Thank you!!!  It feels good to be here!  Missed you guys a lot!!!

Judy, that ghan is gorgeous!!!!!

Tam, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary, I'm sure it feels good to have the house to yourselves again.....thats the great thing about being a grandparent.....eventually, they are back with their parents!!!

Marlene. Enjoy your time with maya. I'm sure she is thrilled to be with you. How dod DHs appointments go?

Cindy, i guess you are on your vacation now. Have fun!!

Leeann. Hope you and your sis had a great birthday weekend!!!! Oh to be 40 again. :-)

Well, dd found out from the hospital that she has until Friday to let them know the baby's name for the birth certificate.......so the waiting continues......lol...... Im acclimating back into my schedule, but still haven't caught up on rest. All in good time. Now off to watch some baseball and knit. Im almost done with another blanket.

Hugs to all!!!!

Judy, your blanket is beautiful.

Joanne, we are leaving first thing in the morning. Today was spent running errands,mpackingbthe camper and finishing the cleaning. I'm pooped!

Marlene, have fun with Maya.

My youngest DD just got offered the job of her dreams. It's the first one she applied for since she earned her doctorate. It builds on the experiences that she has had as a practicing RN, it's with a physician group that she knows well, and it's with the same health care system so her seniority and vacation time go with her. DD is on vacation but called to tell us. I'm assuming she will accept the offer even if the offer isn't quite as much as she is hoping for. She was very excited!

Archived