Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, LeeAnn! Of course your Granny Ripple counts for the CAL! There are many patterns where we can work over the cut ends so no weaving in is necessary - though I'm a bit compulsive about that myself: working over ends AND weaving them in. I can't even undo my own work!

We would love to see pics of whatever you all are working on!

I decided to stick with the RR for the simple reason that I haven't made one in a while.  Next week I'll be getting the yarn and starting work on the polar bear graph ghan, so I'll have a couple of things going.

Have a great night everyone :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, House.  :)   We're leaving in a few for the boys back to back baseball games.  They're at the same park so that makes it easy!  After that we'll take care of a couple errands and then home for the rest of the weekend, I hope. 

Will post more later ~ have a great Saturday morning!

Can't wait for any baby news from Joanne. :c9

No news yet! DD is ready, but it seems the little guy isnt ready to make his appearance yet They are going to induce wed evening if he doesn't come before then. She goes back to dr on tuesday.

I was at my DD and SIL today. He replaced my brakes and i babysat after he left for work so dd could do some shopping. Just got home and i have to do some of my chores. Lol

Hope u are all having a good saturday

Hi House. :)

LeeAnn ~ It's such a busy time for you with two teenagers!  Once DS's graduation events are over, hopefully things will slow down a bit. :yes  That's great that they both have summer jobs...we always did, too.  It was fun to have a little extra money.  :) 

Joanne ~ You must be getting so excited!  I can't remember how far your DD lives from you, but I know you'll be there as soon as you can! :c9

Cindy ~ Your day with your grandson sounds just perfect!  I hope work is going well this weekend.

Judy ~ Like you, I tend to work over the ends, then weave back and forth several times.  Not always good if I find a mistake, though. :lol  I'll bet you're anxious to get started on the polar bear 'ghan!

My dental implant surgery is Tuesday, so I'm trying to get lots done before then.  I'm usually okay after a couple of days, but sure don't want to be worrying about laundry, the desk, etc.  Fun, fun!

Only 4 hexies to make and join and then on to the border!  Have a good afternoon, all. :manyheart

morning peeps.

Mary, yay for a hex finish on the horizon! Ugh - dental surgery - I can't even imagine it....

I'm 3/4's done with the RR....and yes, I can't wait to start the polar bear ghan!!

Have a good day my friends!

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You are so speedy.  Great progress on the RR! :clap

I hope to finish the hexie 'ghan this afternoon - we shall see.  Yes, I am dreading tomorrow.  My appt. is at 8, so at least I'll have it out of the way early.  Thankfully, DD can take me - her hubby will take the boys to school.  We're going out to brunch later...it will be a while until I can eat 'real' food again. ;)

I hope everyone had a good weekend! :manyheart

Good morning. It was a super busy weekend at work. (I believe there was a full moon!). I did not sit down or go to lunch, so I'm dragging this morning. The weather is gorgeous here.

I have laundry started and I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner. All last week we ate leftovers or went out, so I think I'd better cook today. Dh doesn't care what I put in front of him, but I do! Guess I will go stand in front of the freezer and see what jumps out at me.

Mary, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Dental anything is low on my list of things to do!

Judy, your fingers must have been crocheting at quite a spee to get so much done on the RR.

Joanne, that baby sure is taking its time. Wishing your DD well.

Leeann, never a dull moment for you! I don't know how you do it all.

Marlene,mhope all is going well in Florida. Best wishes to your DD and her fiancé.

This afternoon I have to go to a Mother's Day tea at the assisted living where my mil lives. They always do a really nice one with good food.

I have been working on my scrap blues blanket. It's pretty big already, but I made it quite wide, so it needs more length still, or it will be kind of awkward.

Well, best get myself in front of the freezer and back to laundry.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, It sounds like a good time with your grandson for his birthday. 

Mary, Hope your implant goes well for you today. Maya is off to a dentist this morning herself. A molar baby tooth cracked on the way down here and is causing her pain. Her dentist recommended them to take her to dentist here. 

Judy, Love the baby blanket. 

Joanne, Love your baby blanket. 

LeeAnn, Busy, busy, busy! 

We arrived saturday evening. Maya's daddy's car had a problem and we had to get it fixed saturday morning. We are renting a home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. It's a beautiful home. The pool is right across the street from us. I went swimming sunday. The water is bath water temps. Yesterday we went shopping. Can you believe they don't have a florist close by. We did find a cupcake store though. DD asked another customer about a florist and he sent us to the grocery store Winn/Dixie. He said they were the only place around. They have beautiful beautiful flowers and great prices. 

Maya's back, they pulled two teeth and gave her a prescription for ice cream with 10 refills. I told her I know we can fill that this summer. 

Everyone has gone to the gulf swimming. I and baby G stay back. He's napping and I'm doing laundry. I like pools, not to crazy about the water otherwise. 

I hope everyone has a good week!

Hi House. :)    I can't smile like that yet. Lol  Everything went well and I'm glad that's over with!  Now we just wait 3 or 4 months and my dentist will do the new crowns for the two implants.  He ordered me to take it easy and rest today, so I've been watching the final episodes of Mr. Selfridge and Wallander that I've recorded.

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope Maya is okay!  Is the wedding today?  Congrats to your DD and SIL! 

More later - have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Quick fly by!

Wanted to check in on you all.  

Mary-so so glad that your dental appointment went well.  woohoo!  Hoping that you have a speedy recovery!

Marlene-I have never been to the beach, it's on my bucket list.   :manyheart   That is so cute about Maya's prescription!   :c9

Judy-bet you are already finished with another project?  

Cindy-can't wait to see your blue ghan!

Joanne-bet you all are so excited :hug

I am in full graduation mode, also filling orders..I hadn't had sales on line in over a week..wouldn't you know one bulk order floated in, so grateful thatI have the soaps whipped up..wooohoo!  Hope to be back later this week, if not please know that I am thinking of you all just running like a chicken!

:ghug  :ghug  :ghug  :ghug

Lee Ann, you have never been to any beach? Around here that would be impossible to believe! We live near the pristine white sand beaches of Lake Michigan...and I think we pretty much take them for granted. It's not the ocean, but I've been to the Atlantic and the beaches around here are more beautiful.

It's hot here today, 80 and humid. It's only supposed to get down to 70 today, so we have our air on. I have to work tomorrow and I like it cool when I sleep.

Mary, glad your procedure is over and done with and all went well. Hope you don't gave too much pain.

Hi, Marlene. Poor Maya! She's so lucky to have you for a grandma.

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You are so speedy.  Great progress on the RR! :clap

I hope to finish the hexie 'ghan this afternoon - we shall see. Did you finish the hexies? Yes, I am dreading tomorrow.  My appt. is at 8, so at least I'll have it out of the way early.  Thankfully, DD can take me - her hubby will take the boys to school.  We're going out to brunch later...it will be a while until I can eat 'real' food again. ;)

I hope everyone had a good weekend! :manyheart

Good morning. It was a super busy weekend at work. (I believe there was a full moon!). There was! I did not sit down or go to lunch, so I'm dragging this morning. The weather is gorgeous here.

I have laundry started and I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner. All last week we ate leftovers or went out, so I think I'd better cook today. Dh doesn't care what I put in front of him, but I do! We're the opposite here...i couldn't care less, as long as there's food...lol! Guess I will go stand in front of the freezer and see what jumps out at me.

Mary, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Dental anything is low on my list of things to do!

Judy, your fingers must have been crocheting at quite a spee to get so much done on the RR.I can't sit for long without a hook in my hand!

Joanne, that baby sure is taking its time. Wishing your DD well.

Leeann, never a dull moment for you! I don't know how you do it all.

Marlene,mhope all is going well in Florida. Best wishes to your DD and her fiancé.

This afternoon I have to go to a Mother's Day tea at the assisted living where my mil lives. They always do a really nice one with good food.

I have been working on my scrap blues blanket. It's pretty big already, but I made it quite wide, so it needs more length still, or it will be kind of awkward.Can't wait to see a picture when it's done!

Well, best get myself in front of the freezer and back to laundry.

My friend and I went shopping for yarn....and somehow I agreed to make 2  Polar bear throws for her...lol! It's fun shopping with someone who doesn't care about the cost of the yarn. She also helped me pick out a beautiful 2 piece top that will go with my dressy slacks. I love wearing separates. My goddaughter's older brother is getting marring in June.

I'll take a pic of the RR and post tomorrow. It's lapghan/baby size.

Hi all

DD was at the hospital for some tests after her dr appt and I'm waiting to hear back from her once she gets home .

Marlene Glad the dentist was able to take care of maya. And i love the prescription she got!!!

Mary. I bet you are glad that your appt is over with. Hope you rested today!!!

Leeann have fun and enjoy the graduation festivities!!!

Judy. Wow not 1, but 2 polar bear afghans. Glad you had dun yarn shopping with someone else's money !!!LOL.

Cindy. We r going to get hot humid starting tomorrow so you can bet my AC will be going on!!! Hope you have a good day tomorrow morning!!!

I'll let you know when my grandson decodes to make his appearance.

Good morning ladies. The sun is shining here, but storms are supposed to be moving in.

I'm on call for work, so I've been up and ready since about 6:30. I've been called in every time I've been on call for the past few months, so I will probably get called in at some point.

Joanne, sending good thoughts to your DD. I've heard that getting induced is tough. Will you be with her?

Have a great day, ladies.

Dd isnt getting induced tonight . She didn't feel comfortable after her appt yesterday. She felt the dr wasn't listening to her. Baby is fine, she is fine and she said the feeling she got was that they wanted to induce tonight was because it was a holiday weekend. She wants to wait to see if she goes into labor naturally. She now has a midwife and has appointment on Friday at 9 and then goes to the hospital to be monitored . If she doesn't go into labor by mon or tues they will induce then. . She sounded much better when i spoke with her tonight.

Dd isnt getting induced tonight . She didn't feel comfortable after her appt yesterday. She felt the dr wasn't listening to her. Baby is fine, she is fine and she said the feeling she got was that they wanted to induce tonight was because it was a holiday weekend. She wants to wait to see if she goes into labor naturally. She now has a midwife and has appointment on Friday at 9 and then goes to the hospital to be monitored . If she doesn't go into labor by mon or tues they will induce then. . She sounded much better when i spoke with her tonight.

Joanne, I agree with the vibes your DD was getting about the holiday weekend having the doctor pushing her! Good for her!

Good morning peeps.

Cindy, I love that square pattern! I saved it for my next stash busting venture - won't be for a while with the Polar bear blankets needing to be made first. I guess you didn't get called in?

As Joanne mentioned, the three H's have arrived in NJ....Hazy, Hot, and Humid. I didn't want to know, so didn't Iook, but I'm sure we got into the 90's yesterday. Today will be a rerun....

Joanne, maybe a bumpy car ride will convince the newest grandson it;s time to make an appearance? I hope DD doesn't have to go through being induced.

Have a good one, my friends.

Good morning. It rained here overnight so at the moment it's a bit cooler than it has been.

Joanne, it sounds like your DD made the right choice for her situation.

Judy, that's a beautiful baby blanket. Have fun with the polar bear afghans! I'm glad you liked that square pattern, I thought it looked pretty near. I didn't read the instructions through but they looked pretty wordy. I'm assuming that once you "get it", you won't need instructions. I was thinking it would look great with a neutral as every other color and my various leftovers in between. That would use up a lot of stash!

I didn't get called in yesterday, and I decided to sew. I have three sewing machines. My newest one wouldn't run at all. That wasn't a huge surprise, it's been acting up. I will try to get it to the repair shop today. Machine #2 started up just fine, I began winding a bobbin and sparks started coming from the cord. I took a closer look...I see bare wire. So I threw the cord and foot pedal out and ordered another one, (after a lot of searching online), but of course it won't come for a week or so. Machine #3: it runs fine...but the bobbin winder won't work. I investigate, find the problem, and ordered the part to repair that. This used up half the afternoon. No sewing got done since I don't have a bobbin wound to sew with. Then, in order to get free shipping for my sewing machine parts, I ordered myself a bunch of sewing machine feet. (They were actually a very good deal, but I don't need them, and they cost more than the shipping would have done. I also ordered myself another skort. I bought one a few weeks ago and love it. I don't like to wear shorts in public and the skort I got looks like a knee length casual skirt, but the shorts underneath make it a lot more comfortable than a plain skirt. So, I didn't earn any money, (unless you count the few dollars an hour that I get for being on call), and I spent over $100. I sure didn't come out ahead on the day!

Today, I'm planning to run errands. I didn't sleep well, but I'm fairly certain that the stores will only get busier as the week progresses, and I hate shopping in crowds.

Have a great day, ladies.

I'm still here. ;)   Really bad headaches are slowly improving, so I hope to catch up today!  My dr. said this isn't unusual and should be gone soon.  Alternating Advil and Tylenol has helped. 

Be back later. :manyheart

Cute blanket judy!!! I haven't crocheted or knitted since monday night at craft club. My pinky was bothering me. I think it is a touch of arthritis. Feels much better today so ill probably do some crafting tonight

Mary hope the headaches go away soon. Hugs!

Cindy. I don't like wearing shorts either. Old legs are not that attractive. Lol. I prefer capris, but wouldn't mind skorts. I should look for some :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok. When i got into my car after work it said 95 degrees!!! By the time i was on my way and driving it cooled to 91 degrees. Lol

Good Morning!  We had storms come through last night about 10 and again this morning at 4:30...not much sleep for me. ;)

Judy ~ Your RR is lovely.  I love the color combination and placement!  And two polar bears!  Okay, now we know for sure that you are the queen of graph 'ghans. :lol  

Joanne ~ Thank you for keeping us updated on your DD's news.  Keeping her in my thoughts and can't wait to hear that the little one has made his appearance! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Way to go on figuring out the sewing machine problems!  Mine hasn't seen the light of day for a very long time.  Sort of like the ironing board. Lol

Marlene ~ I can't remember when you're going home.?  Have a safe trip!

LeeAnn ~ Isn't this graduation weekend?  I know it will be wonderful - your plans all sounded so nice. :yes

Hi to anyone I've missed, too!

The headaches are about gone, thank goodness.  I plan to crochet today!  The hexagon baby 'ghan is finally finished.  Have a good morning! ♥♥♥

Archived