Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, House. 

LeeAnn - Yay for taking the weekend off!  You deserved to have a break!  :yes

Judy - The painting is gorgeous.  :c9   Did you show it to Sparkie and Lucy?  ;)

More storms came through last night.  Lots of leaves and small branches down, but we were lucky again.  They're predicting more for tonight!  

I finally made some progress on the hexagons yesterday and plan to work on it later today.  My laptop will be ready after 1. Yay!

Have a great day, everyone.  :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in shock. I was just checking fb and Linda's brother posted that she passed away around midnight last night. I am so sad. Not to many details but she was at her daughters house and went peacefully

:cry   Rest in peace, dear sweet Linda.  We love you and will miss you terribly. 

I had sent her a "thinking of you" e-card a few weeks ago.  She responded and said she and Joy would be "combining households" early summer.  I'm so glad she was with her last night. 

I know we've all been thinking of Linda today.  She sent a prayer shawl to my sister, Sue and I when our parents died.  It sat beside me today while I tried to crochet for a while.  What a generous, talented lady! ♥♥♥

Prayers being said for Joy and Aiden and the rest of her family.  I love my friends on the 'Ville. :ghug

Mary, how lovely that you have a prayer shawl that Linda made and it brings you comfort . I wasnthinking of her last noght as i sat and crocheted for a while. I pray for her daughter and grandson at this most difficult time in their lives.

Wishing you all a good day. HUGS!!!!!

Hi ladies,

I too, have a prayer shawl Linda made...I'll never forget her.

I heard from her DD and among other things she said:

All of you were very important to her and she considered you close friends that she could rely on for encouragement and support.

She truly appreciates ll of your prayers. It was definitely sudden and unexpected...  I told her what a great part of our lives she was to us and how much we loved her and she will be missed - but left a wonderful legacy.

Good morning. Gloomy and rainy here.

I was also blessed by a beautiful prayer shawl from Linda.

Nothing much to report here. It's gloomy, humid and rainy today. I have household chores to finish. Tomorrow it's back to work.

Good morning, everyone. :)

Judy  ~ Thank you so much for letting us know that you heard from Linda's DD.  I remember when she used to pop in on our thread once in a while.

More severe storms overnight, so not much sleep for me.  I have a dental appt. at 8:45 (just a cleaning), so I better get moving.

Have a good morning, friends. :manyheart

Hi ladies,

I too, have a prayer shawl Linda made...I'll never forget her.

I heard from her DD and among other things she said:

All of you were very important to her and she considered you close friends that she could rely on for encouragement and support.

She truly appreciates ll of your prayers. It was definitely sudden and unexpected...  I told her what a great part of our lives she was to us and how much we loved her and she will be missed - but left a wonderful legacy.

Thank you for sharing that, Judy! My heart aches for Joy and her grandson and sweet pea (and of course the rest of her family)

As i was at work today, Linda would pop into my mind at random times. Strange how that happens.

Off to pick up the croxhet hook and work on a baby blanket for a coworker

Habe a good night everyone HUGS!!!!

HiLadies,

Judy, Thanks for sharing your contact from Joy. My prayers are with the family and all of us.

Mary, I have put a call out to the dentist. I have a tooth being sensitive. We were there yesterday as hubby was there for his cleaning.

Yesterday we attended a talk on ptsd. This is third or fourth one we have attended. I get something out of each one. We too MIL out to breakfast. She told us the heart doctor told her, her is good, the pacemaker is good, but her lungs are not good. She does have an infection and is on antibiotics. She needs to be on oxygen but she refuses. Today we see the heart doctor.

Tomorrow we will be attending a memorial service for hubbies great great niece. She was 20 years old an died from leukemia. She went quickly. She only had it for four months.

Hubby is going to go through some tests. We seen the neurologist Tuesday. After some tests she did in the office she said he may have dementia. It sure would explain a lot of things. We will wait and see. He has a half brother that died from Alzheimer's. His mom said she doesn't know of anyone else in the family having it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi, peeps - 

I wrapped myself in Linda's shawl yesterday and gave myself a hug...felt her presence...too many losses as we get older. It's hard.

Joanne, yes, I thought of Sweet Pea, and the kitty, too. They must be so confused. I know how our dogs wait for hubby to come home. When he used to travel for work years ago, the dogs we had at the time wouldn't do much of anything till he came home. He never saw this till I was away....

I'm working on the pink and white ghan.

And my cousin loved the wrap!! 

Hugs to everyone....

Hi, Marlene.

I hope Hubby doesn't have dementia...hugs to you and the family on the loss of your great niece. She was so young.

Too much going on lately...

'Afternoon, everyone. :)

Judy ~ No surprise that your cousin loved the wrap - it is beautiful! :)

Joanne ~ Is your DD all ready for the baby?  I know you must be excited. :c9

Marlene ~ I'm so sorry about your hubby's niece. :hug   I need to read up on the memory loss vs. dimentia thing.  DH's neurologist talked about memory loss when they were trying to figure out if he had narcolepsy.  I do notice that his memory isn't always good - but some of that is normal aging, I think?  Gee, mine isn't always good, either! ;)

Cindy ~ I hope you're having a good day at work. :yes

Hi to the rest of our house, too!

I'm trying to get caught up today.  SIL is out of town and both boys have baseball games in the morning.  We'll take Zach to his, then meet DD at Luke's.  We'll have both boys most of Sunday.  They are predicting more rain for tomorrow and Sunday, so we'll just see how it goes.

Have a good afternoon! :manyheart

Good mornIng all!

Right now the sun is shining and I've already got the 2nd load of laundry on. Finished going through my shoes in my closet and am getting rid of quite a few pairs! Don't know why i was holding on to some of them that i haven't worn in years !!

DD is still hanging in there....any day now could be the day!!! Tomorrow I'm going to watch the boys for a couple of hours so dd and sil can go visit their good friend and 3 week old son.

My youngest nephew is graduating today from St Josephs university in philly. And next week my godson graduates with his ph.D. He'll be starting at Mt sinai in NyC in July to finish up the MD portion with his residency He is earning his md/phd and has been in school forever it seems. My niece , his sister, graduates with her masters in environmental science and will be moving to Oregon where she landed a very good job. Im so proud of all of them!

Thinking of Linda and her family today. And wishing you all a good day!!!! HUGS!

Good Morning. :)  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  Zach had his first T ball game and it was definitely entertaining.  He was so excited to be there and hit the ball really far.  Of course, none of them know what to once they hit yet! :lol   Then we took Z to Luke's game and they won their play off game!  Today we'll be at DD's and take them to Luke's game while DD goes to Dallas to a wedding shower.  SIL will be back in town late this afternoon.

Our weather is crazy - very chilly for this time of year.  I had a light jacket on yesterday and just about froze!  We'll be better prepared today.

Better get some things done before we have to leave again.  Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good mornIng all!

Right now the sun is shining and I've already got the 2nd load of laundry on. Finished going through my shoes in my closet and am getting rid of quite a few pairs! Don't know why i was holding on to some of them that i haven't worn in years !!​I did that within the last six months - it felt great getting rid of unnecessary stuff.

DD is still hanging in there....any day now could be the day!!! Tomorrow I'm going to watch the boys for a couple of hours so dd and sil can go visit their good friend and 3 week old son.Take your vitamins -  :lol 

My youngest nephew is graduating today from St Josephs university in philly. A neighbor's DD was just accepted there. She's into softball in a big way and they offered her a spot...And next week my godson graduates with his ph.D. You must be so proud!!!He'll be starting at Mt sinai in NyC in July to finish up the MD portion with his residency He is earning his md/phd and has been in school forever it seems. My niece , his sister, graduates with her masters in environmental science and will be moving to Oregon where she landed a very good job. Im so proud of all of them! Including you and your DD's - there seems to be a great gene pool of brainy people in your family!!! That's awesome!

Thinking of Linda and her family today. And wishing you all a good day!!!! HUGS!

You have a great day, too Joanne - and the same to everyone else.

The sun is shining - as it was yesterday - but yesterday was much warmer and we went to Sandy Hook and walked, in shirt sleeves,  along the bay side. The water was as smooth as glass. It's much chillier this morning, but more beautiful sunshine! A day to get out again.

Good morning! Like Judy said, its gorgeous out, although a little on the chilly side....nothing a sweatshirt cant take care of though!

Mary, it must have been fun to watch the little ones games! Have fun today with them! A " memory" showed up on fb today...mothers day 3 years ago. Ryan was about 22 mos and Robbie 2 mos. wow!!! The years are FLYING by!!!!

DH and i went to a concert yesterday afternnon at the library. They were quite good!!! I ended up taking out a book on tape since it seems i dont have enough time to read AND crochet/knit. So I'll listen to a book while crafting. And i can listen on my commute to and from work.

President obama is speaking at rutgers commencement today. Its rutgers 250th anniversary this year!!! So glad i dont have to head in that direction. Traffic will be a nightmare!!! I was trying to remember who spoke at my commencement and i cant. Guess i could Google it. Lol

Off to get some breakfast to fortify myself for babysitting

Have a glorious day!!!!.

Archived