Our House Part Two

JulieKay

morning peeps.

Marlene, that's such good news about your friend! The cotton is good to use as contrast. I also air dry the cloths after washing them. I'm afraid they'll curl into a ball...lol!

Mary, it'll be nice getting a little Luke visit in!

Joanne, Sunday will be such fun for you! Enjoy.

A sunny day here - chilly, but not bad. Tomorrow there will be wet snow way north and west of us....winter isn't over yet.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Where is spring? It snowed all day yesterday, although it's mostly melted again...but it is cold!

I must be the only person that doesn't care for the attic24 JAYG method. I tried it awhile back and did not care for the way it looked. I felt the edges of the squares were lumpy and poorly defined. You'd think that I would have loved it, seeing as I detest sewing squares together! Of course, there is always the possibility that I did it wrong! I do like the way the flat braid joining method looks but that's an afterthought, not join as you go. It takes time and it's probably easier to just sew the squares together.

Work was quieter yesterday, but it might just have been my corner. We visited mil after dinner and then got groceries. Today I have to go buy a baby shower gift for a baby shower next weekend. I might make one of those Amish Puzzle balls to go with whatever I buy. I don't think I will have time to shop next week.

Well, I'd best get dressed and start moving!

hi everyone!

Cindy, I wasn't sure how I would like the JAG method, either, because I do like structure. For the random balls it's working great, but my next project, using the Willow square pattern, won't be random (read: casual) colors, so it will lend itself better to whipstitching. I can see this random ghan as being a good one for kids, esp with so many bright colors.

So - the snow in the forecast....looks like we'll get a  trace to 2 inches after all, consisting of snow...rain...snow...starting tomorrow, ending with temps in the 20's overnight into Sunday. 

Oh, boy....

So, my random JAG ghan is growing. It's actually been fun because of the many colors. Not sure how big I'll make it - it will tell me when to stop :lol

Have a good night my friends,

TGIF!!!!!

I've never tried the JAYG mehod, but then again, I do like making one piece afghans!!! LOL

off to do some of my usual Saturday morning chores now. Have a good night!!!!

It's snowing hard here. The ground is covered....... But, today when I was out and about, I saw someone cutting grass!

I started an Amish puzzle ball today. I have one section of three done. It's easy...but wow is it ever boring! If I finish it, I will add it to my baby shower gift.

Cindy, I know how hard it is to finish anything boring!! 

I finished attaching the last small square to row number three of the pinks baby ghan. Only 7 rows to go....can anyone say boring? Especially with NEVER TO BE USED FOR A PROJECT LIKE THIS light yarn! I just try not to think about the fact that there are 70 squares waiting to be attached - and that it's all my fault :lol  :lol  :lol

Back to a book or JAYG ghan now. It's nasty, cold and drizzling outside. We made a quick run to Delicious Orchards for a couple of things and hubby will be bringing pizza home later. My weekend treat...eating "out" :clap

Have  a great day my friends.

Good morning. We woke up to a bright sunny day, but several inches of snow on the ground. It looks pretty, and I do enjoy looking at it...but I wouldn't mind spring coming to stay for a bit!

I haven't accomplished a lot yet today, and I need to get more motivated. I have to work tomorrow and then DD, DSIL, and the grandkids are coming for dinner. I decided to serve hotdogs! Let their parents worry about nutrition. I'm going for the popular vote. Besides I like hotdogs and we never have them.

Judy, we eat out or get takeout many weekends too, but we stayed home last night, and we plan to stay home tonight too. Actually dh suggested going out, but it seems kind of silly to go out just to eat, when I don't mind cooking, and we'd just come straight home after dinner anyhow. I'm making homemade pizza. The only takeout near here is Subway or pizza. (We live out in the country.). The pizza is good but mine is better and it's a lot cheaper! There are several nice restaurants nearby, but they are packed on the weekends, so we generally go into Grand Rapids. Last night we started a puzzle so we can spend some time working on that again.

Off to finish my to do list......and maybe add a section to that Amish puzzle ball. Enjoy the day!

Good morning House!

You all have been so busy and are working on so many wonderful projects.

Judy-the JAG method is great stash buster.  If I ever get caught up I would like to have a go at one just to play with all of the fun colors. :lol

Cindy-we live out in the country too it makes me plan meals ahead of time.  Your Sunday dinner for the grands sounds delish! :c9

Marlene-before we know it, you will be back home with your grands.  What kind of bomb do you set off?  Sounds interesting.   :manyheart

Mary-I bet Luke misses you too, do you have anything fun planned?

Joanne-I bet the baby shower for your dd will be so much fun!  I haven't been to one in ages! Is she getting more and more excited?

Michelle-have you started work yet?

I have been putting in extra long hours, have one order out the door today..the other's are about 1/3 done.  The graduation reception for my son has grown to 110 people!  It has been a lot of work getting it organized but I feel like I am finally on the downslide.  Today I will be working on getting the invitations put together and out in Monday's mail.  

Hi ho hi ho!  It's off to work I go.  Hugs! :ghug

LeeAnn...yes, it is fun to work with so many colors!

Cindy - I can't remember when I've had hot dogs! The pizza and salad dressing we had were delicious - but so salty. Not good for me.  My hands are swollen. Oh, well - back to good eating tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

We changed lots. We sold are canopy we had over the trailer, the porch, the patio and the shed. A man came in and wanted a permanent spot. When someone does things to there lot then you have to try and sell what you put on it. While we had a lease on the old lot until January. If we moved to the new lot I would have two lot rents until someone was found for the old lot. And there was no way I was going to do that. We did know this man was coming in this week and that he wanted a permanent lot so I was holing out and hoping for a sale. Lots of people said put your trailer up for sale. That's easy to say when it's not yours. And I love my trailer. I have 13 cupboards in the kitchen and 4 cupboards going down both sides of the living room/dining room area and 3 cupboards on the bottom and 2 cupboards on the top of the entertainment center. All these cupboards is what drew me to this trailer. 

We have a great view. We are on the inside of a circle of trailers. The neighbors are great. Bigger friendships will develop over here. I have no internet over hear. And two neighbors said I could use there's. One neighbor is Hawaiian, he golfs with Bob and he cooks oriental foods. He said when you smell the good food cooking come on over. I laughed and said Bob will think he is at China A. He loves chinese food and I really don't like it. There are a couple of dishes I will eat, but not my favorite.

Judy, I had toast this morning with peanut butter on it. I haven't' had it all winter. It was salty tasting to me. 

DD took Maya to DS's yesterday so she could spend the weekend with them. The DIL was working in her office and happened to come out. DD said hi, she turned to her said hi, smiled and went back to work. When she was done working she went running (she does marathons) when she came back she went in her bedroom. She never checked baby G or tried to have a conversation with DD. We only see DIL once or twice a year. She don't come for holiday dinners. DD and I have thought it was different. But I guess this is the way she is. Sometimes she don't go to her parents for holidays either. DD and I decided were not going to sweat it any more. They'll be invited and if they don't come, oh well. She don't want to have any kids and we knew that before she married my son. But was surprised that she did even care to meet her nephew. 

LeeAnn, The bomb is a fogger to kill and bugs that may be around. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Good morning!

Had a great time this weekend! Where did the time go that it is now monday? The baby shower was fun and unique. There was a pop up print shop set up and we silk screened onesies, which is what my DD wanted to do since the print shop is her passion. Everyone enjoyed it. I was especially amazed at all the oohs and ahhs when she opened the present with the blankets i made. It was wonderful having all my dd's together and my Sister in law and my niece. My niece is living in ca now, and is an engineer for space x. She was home visiting my bro and sil and heading back last night to ca. It was wonderful to catch up with her. My oldest took the train back to boston after the shower. All in all a great weekend

Now back to reality and this week i have to cover the late hours so dont get off until 6. and of course my internal body clock still wakes me at my usual time. Lol

Have a good day everyone !

Hello everyone. Sun is shining, it's 55 degrees. This weekends snow and ice is mostly melted. Hopefully spring is here to stay now!

On Saturday I booked a stay at a B and B on Mackinac Island. (It's pronounced Mackinaw). If you've never heard of it, it's a beautiful little Island in Lake Huron between Michigans upper and lower peninsulas. It used to be a wealthy Victorian summer resort and is still a vacation paradise, but these days it isn't just the wealthy, (although there's a lot of that there, still.). No cars are allowed on the Island and it is only accessible by boat or plane. I've visited many times, as it's only about 4 hours drive from our house, but never stayed overnight. (It's cheaper by far to stay on the mainland.). We found a great off season rate and decided to give it a try. If any of you ever come to Michigan, it's a must see. we are going the first weekend in May. It will probably be cool there, but that's okay. I've been there in July, when it was so cold I was tempted to buy a 50 dollar sweatshirt and in October, when it was so hot that we spent $4 each on a small glass of lemonade. So we will just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The movie "Somewhere in a Time" was filmed on the island.

Good Morning!  Not sure where the last few days have gone. Lol  I've just caught up on reading posts and you all have been busy!

Marlene ~ Your new location at the park sounds just perfect.  I'll bet you're busy packing up and getting ready for your trip...safe travels. :yes  Keeping fingers crossed for good weather for your trip.

Cindy ~ The Amish puzzle ball is wonderful!  Your trip to Mackinac Island sounds amazing.  My sister has been there several times and I have a t-shirt from there.

Judy ~ Looking forward to pictures!

LeeAnn ~ The graduation plans sound great...that's a lot of people!  ;) 

Joanne ~ So glad you had a great weekend!  Screenprinting the onesies is such a cool idea!

Luke's game was great entertainment, as usual.  He won his team game ball.  He had no hits and didn't do much in the outfield, but "he is a great cheerleader in the dugout." :lol 

My plan is to start spring cleaning today - one room at a time.  We'll see... ;)

Hi peeps!

Mary, Yay for Luke!!

Cindy, when are you going to M Island?? It sounds so gorgeous....   LOVE the puzzle ball! It's a great gift for a little one.

Before I completed row five of my tiny saltine ghan I took a pic of the rough WIP. Now I only have 5 rows left to do :lol  :lol

post-8552-0-83893200-1460481444_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies. Spent the day teaching. I had a good group, soit was a fun day.

Judy we are going to the island the first week in May bit will be cool there, probably 50 to 60 degrees. I'd rather have it cool than hot and humid since we do a lot if walking and biking there and that's not much fun when it's really hit.

Your saltine afghan is going to be really cute.

I think I'm going to present that Amish puzzle ball in pieces, along with a picture of what it's supposed to look like. After all.....it is a puzzle! I think my niece will get a kick out of that.

Mary, I started spring cleaning a few weeks ago, but my get up and go sort of got up and went, and my cleaning is pretty much at a standstill.

Judy ~ The colors are great!  It's going to be an adorable afghan. :c9

Cindy ~ I'm glad your day was a good one.  I bet you're a wonderful teacher. :yes

I chose the easiest part of the house to start with - just the opposite of what I should do. Lol  The upstairs is hardly used except by Zoe.  ;)  She loves to sleep up there.  So I dusted, cleaned blinds and woodwork and even took all the books off the shelves in the loft. I'll vacuum up there tomorrow. :)  (My sewing room is being ignored for now. :lol )  Then I treated myself to 3 hours of crocheting this afternoon!

Time to start dinner.  Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Luke sounds like a good sport. I'll have lots of cleaning to do when I get home after I get things put away.

Cindy, It's been years since we've been up to the bridge or any of that area. The amish ball is great gift.

Judy, Your saltine afghan is going to be gorgeous. 

Joanne, What a neat idea to decorate onsies. 

We are suppose to get thunderstorms tonight and all day tomorrow so we won't leave until thursday. I will wash the clothes tomorrow then pack them up. The car is 90% packed. The things in the trailer that I pack up are 99% packed (dishes, cups, silverware, pans). 

Maya called today to see if we were leaving tomorrow and I told her no. Bad weather we need to wait a day. Baby G ate carrots yesterday and liked them. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Good morning

Judy,the saltine gham is coming along nicely ! Bet you are excited for the Rangers to start the push for the cup! They have their work cut out for them playing against the penguins!

Cindy, your trip sounds wonderful! It looks really nice there!

Mary, i havent even started spring cleaning yet, so you are ahead of me! How is DH doing?

Marlene, safe travels back home. Bet you can't wait to see Maya and baby G!!!

Michelle, have yiu started your job?

Leeann, loving the soaps you have done lately. The graduation ones are adorable! Does you DS have plans for next year?

Dd told me that charlie slept 7 hours tuesday night!! He knows mama needs some sleep!! LOL. I picked up yarn on clearance at ac moore after work last night. It's the premier yarn Downton lady sybil. I think I'll crochet a shawl with it. They just started carrying it a few months ago and its all on clearance already. There was a woman who was buying some and she said it worked up nicely. I couldnt resist.

Have a good day.....time to get ready for paradise!

Good morning. Gloomy here so all those dust bunnies that I saw yesterday are invisible today.....so...should I pretend I can still see them and clean them up....or not? Decisions, decisions, decisions......

I've been up since 7. I haven't been sleeping very well, and I wonder if my rather sporadic sleeping habits are part of the problem. I go to bed anywhere between 9:30 and 2 AM and I get up anywhere between 5:30 (work days) and 9 AM or so. I'm doing laundry and household chores today. Tomorrow I have to work. Friday I am going to my brothers place in Canada for a few days.

I think my crochet mojo is back. Last night I made a pair of baby boots. I've made this particular pattern before, and bought a skein of fuzzy yarn for them. Since I already had the yarn, I thought I'd make another pair. I plan to use up the fuzzy yarn by making more. I will likely donate them to the pregnancy resource center.

Marlene, wishing you safe travels once the weather lets you leave. If the weather forecast holds, you will be coming back to springlike weather.

post-6189-0-79136900-1460550804_thumb.jpeg

Hi peeps!

Cute Boots, Cindy!!

Hi, Mary and Marlene!

Joanne, I had to stop working on my Downton Abbey shawl - the yarn has so many loose fibers I was getting a bad allergic reaction: runny nose, teary eyes - stuff like that. But it IS soft and nice. I'm hoping to try a different tack and take it outside and try and finish it once its comfortable enough out there - and then wash it to get rid of the loose fibers.

Take care my friends!

Good Morning, House. :)

Marlene ~ I hope the storms missed you at the coast and that your trip back north is a good one!  Aww, Baby G loves carrots!  When DD was a baby, carrots were her favorite thing and her nose turned orange.  I panicked and called the pediatrition.  They said not to worry - just the carotene levels caused it.  This young mom was so relieved! Lol

Joanne ~ Yay Charlie!  7 hours is a long time for his age - I bet your DD was thrilled to get a little extra sleep. :yes  Your new yarn sounds wonderful!

Cindy ~ Have a great trip to Canada!  The baby booties are very cute. :c9

Hi Judy and anyone I've missed!

I'm meeting DD and Zach at the mall this morning.  She has some returns to make and they have a great kid's play area.  I don't think we'll get much shopping done, though. ;)

Have a great day, everyone.♥♥♥

Morning peeps!

Mary, enjoy your time at the mall! Sounds like a perfect day.

Sort of a bummer morning, sports-wise. Yankees lost - but it's a long season, so no big. But the Rangers hockey team lost and our starting goalie got hit in the eye right through his goalie mask - by his own teammate! Further exams today. Unbelievable.

Anywho: a cool, sunny day again - love seeing the sun for several days in a row!! Have a good day my friends.

Hi Ladies. :)

Judy ~ I'm so glad you've had some really pretty spring days. :yes

DD, Zach and I had a wonderful 4 hours at the mall.  It wasn't busy at all, so we were able to spend lots of time on the escalators and elevators. :lol  I took a small baggie full of quarters and he rode every "small ride" at least twice.  He even agreed to try on shoes at Stride Rite and I bought him new swim shoes and "everyday shoes."  Grammy is a happy person this evening.  :manyheart 

We're supposed to have more storms over the weekend.  Other than our one broken window, we have been so fortunate this spring.

Have a good evening, all.♥♥♥

Morning peeps

Mary, you are a very good grandma!!! For Zach to be building such wonderful memories is priceless!

I'm still working on the two WIPs. The multicolored JAYG ghan is staying here with me, I think...lol!

Archived