Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. It's cold here, and there is a light dusting of snow on the ground. On Thursday it was nearly 70 degrees. We are supposed to get three inches of snow over the course of the day.

Work was absolutely crazy yesterday. Seemed like it must have been a full moon together with Friday the 13th. Instead it was just April Fools day. When we got there, all ICU beds were full. By 9 AM there had been three cardiac arrests and three rapid response calls. (Those are for patients outside the ICUs that are deteriorating rapidly.). All we did all day was move out the least sick patients to admit sicker patients. I was about ready to collapse by the time I left. No lunch, no time to drink anything....of course the advantage to that is that you don't need to make time to go to the bathroom! I'm glad I don't work 12 hour shifts!

I'm still exhausted, but there are things I ought to do around here. At the least I ought to hit the grocery store and do a bit of vacuuming. Tonight we are going to dinner with two other couples.

Judy, when I try to use up my odds and ends of yarn, I almost always end up buying yarn so that my project looks planned. I have trouble with that scrap yarn look in my own projects, even when I admire that look in other people's projects.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy,, the joys of nursing! I will take my office job, although I do miss the patent contact, I don't miss days like you had !

I went To see the boys today. We were all supposed to go the egg hunt down the shore at point pleasant that had been rescheduled to today. They were having it rain or shine and we decided it would not be fun in the rain. Plus the rides would not have been opened Did and SIL wanted to go to Lowes and Home Depot so I stayed with the boys so they could have peace and quiet. They are going to remodel their kitchen. They wanted to do that as soon as they moved in, but there were some problems that had to be taken care of first. Such as putting in a French drain and re doing the basement. It is such a nice playroom now. I had a good time with them and Charlie smiled!

We are watching the final four now and since my brother is a Villanova alumna and season basketball holder for the last 20+ years, I'm rooting for them!!!

Tomorrow we are going to my DD's MIL's 60th birthday celebration. So I'll have more grandson time!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Good morning peeps!

Joanne, you are so blessed to be able to see the boys as much as you do - you are making such wonderful memories!

The wind is roaring this morning and it's pick up sticks time out back. Spark already picked up a small tree branch and leaped, tossing it in the air like he was a puppy again. Miss Lucy will eat them if we don't pick them up....lol! At least the sun is shining. Two nights in a row of severe thunderstorms is about all Sparkie can handle - poor guy.

Have a good day my friends

Like Judy said, the wind was crazy. Lots of branches down, no power lost or damage on my block. One of my friends has a trampoline in her back yard and it ended up on her neighbors garage!!!! Luckily, they were able to get it down. My oldest sent a pic of snow that they got in Boston!!

We had a nice time at the party today. The boys were so well behaved. I finished the knit blanket last night ! I'll post a pic in a few. Glad to have it done in time for my DD's baby shower next Sunday. I'm working on a crochet baby blanket now for my DD and SIL good friend who is due on may 2 with her first. I also have another blanket on the needles that has been in hibernation as well as the knit garter squish blanket. I want to finish both of those after I get the baby blanket done. I should also plan what blanket I'm going to crochet for my niece and her fiancé wedding in January.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Yikes, Joanne - you are a busy one!  I still haven't started  a knit baby blanket. First time back with the needles I think I'll practice on something small. I do love the feel of knitted ghans.

This morning I found a small branch in my lawn - sending up and stuck in about half an inch!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, The blanket is beautiful! You did a great job! You will be busy with all the blankets you have planned out. I can't wait to get home and spend some time with baby G and Maya. And everyone else to. But I know you know what I mean. 

Judy, That's pretty strong winds making that stick stand up. Glad it went in the ground and not through a window. Are nights are cool but are days are warming up again. 

Mary, Hope all is okay at your house.

LeeAnn, Your right between my kids. My DD will be 38 this month and my DS will be 41 in July. 

Cindy, I hope you got all rested up from that overly busy day at work. 

I hope things are okay at Linda's and her daughters house. I am ready to go home even to the cold weather. People are starting to leave and a couple of good friends have left. One friend has ended up in the hospital. They left early to put there house on the market. They stopped at there sons for a few days and haven't been able to go home. Jim is fighting for his life. His heart is to weak to pump the blood his organs need and they are failing him. He was checked out last summer and fall. Was told we will watch you but you may need a pacemaker in the future. He didn't tell Peggy he wasn't feeling well and now it's bad. He needs a miracle! 

Maya went to urgent care yesterday. She has a double ear infection. She just went to the doctor a week ago because her ears were hurting her. Poor girl! DD said they all keep passing this cold thing around she has again to. Baby G has gotten rid of his cough at all. 

I went and got my nails done with a few of the girls the other day. I'm still working on the horse scarf. We had the pond party yesterday. This week we will take down the Easter decorations and thursday the kitchen ladies will go out to lunch and shopping. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

Marlene, positive thoughts for your friend, Jim! Sorry to hear about Maya, but now that she is probably on antibiotics, she should be feeling back to her usual self in no time!

I was thinking about Linda too. Hope all is ok with her !

Hi peeps.

Joanne, that blanket looks great!!!

Hi, Marlene....

Passing through here....I'm sure Linda will reach out when she feels up to it - that's what happened last time a lot was going on

Hugs and happy hooking!

Hi House.  I had to look back to see when I last posted :(  Dh had a setback and was back in the hospital for one night - Thursday.  The catheter is back in (fun, fun) and we've been back to the dr. this a.m.  Hopefully, he'll follow orders this time.  I know part of it is his poor eyesight, but the word stubborn comes to mind, too. ;)   So, I have completely lost track of posts, I miss my grandsons, and I've had to postpone my dental implant appt.

This has got to be the worst "poor me" post I've ever made! :lol   Oh, except I left out "not enough crochet time."

Thanks for letting me vent, rant and complain.  I've missed you all and will catch up soon. :manyheart

Joanne, your blanket is really nice looking. Sounds like you will be busy with blankets for a while yet.

Hugs, Mary. I also hear you about stubbornness. My dh, his brothers and my fil are among the stubbornness men I know. They are well aware of this character trait, and I suspect they are all a little proud of it as well.

Work continues busy, but today was nowhere near as bad as Friday was. I have to work again tomorrow.

Guess I will spend the evening with my WIPs.....

Thank you, Cindy and Judy. ♥  Maybe it's his Scottish heritage?  - MIL was born in Scotland.  Of course, Gracie has Scottish heritage and she is such a sweetie. Lol 

Quick fly by to send hugs to Mary!!!!! Hang in there!!!! Late night watching the Villanova Wildcats win the championship. My brother called all excited!!!! He is a very proud alumna and long time season ticket holder for Villanova basketball!

Judy, congrats on the Rangers getting into the playoffs!!!! My son in law is thrilled! My Devils, on the other hand.......lol.

Off to get ready for work

Have a good day everyone!

Morning peeps!

Joanne, it was a gut wrenching game last night! I told hubby I would only watch it with him if he stopped coaching it.... :lol   The Captain of the team blocked a shot on his hand...we'll see if he can play if it's broken :(

Bitterly cold today - winter is back!

Have  good one my friends

Good afternoon house!

Joanne-your yellow afghan is so buttery and pretty!  I love the pattern, would you mind sharing it or a link?  It looks super fun!  Your grands are growing so fast, a newly remodeled kitchen sounds awesome!  I am trying to convince dh that he needs to remodel our front patio...we shall see if he finally agrees.

Cindy-so glad that work was slower for you!  It's tough to be on your feet for so long.

Judy-how's the saltine ghan coming along?

Marlene-hugs and prayers for you friend!  That has to be tough for his family.

Mary-so sorry to hear about your dh, my father in law is the sweetest most stubborn person I have ever met..my ds and dh have inherited that trait from him.  Good thing they are such sweethearts that it makes me almost forget.  

Been working like a crazy woman..have 2 large custom orders and the quince haven't started on any of them.  Finally switched out the Fragrance of the Month product...5 days late..glad that is done.

off to paperwork land. Hugs n squishes! :ghug

LeeAnn, the saltine ghan is sitting up in my sitting room - the only comfortable place for me to lay it out and work on it. Meanwhile I learned the Join as you go method from Attic24 and am having a great time doing mindless crochet downstairs. So....both are my current WIPs.

Well girls, I had a good note just ready to post and lost it!! :irk

Don't have the time to go through all that again, but I have been reading the posts and wow, I just can't imagine still getting snow..

Mary, sure hope your DH is doing lots better now and Marlene, :hug  so sorry about your friend..praying for a miracle for them!! 

Joann, your blanket was just gorgeous and cheery!!

If you don't mind my asking, which Linda (username) is it that ya'll are concerned about? I know over in the granny squares thread there is some concern about a Linda also.. I know that the one that was busy bee - I was wondering about the other day where she was cause I haven't seen any posts in a really long time.. She sent me a whole bunch of saltines one time when I was in a real big crunch to finish a very special project. Anyhow I really hope all is well.

Well fixing to call it a night...

Hi House. :)  Thank you so much for the hugs - they mean a lot to me and make everything a little better. :manyheart  Hubby is improving slowly. (Physically, that is. Lol)  We go back to the doctor on Friday.

Judy ~ WTG on learning the join as you go method!  I finally decided to use it on the hexagon baby afghan and love it!  Now, if I can just get back to that wip. ;) 

LeeAnn ~ Congrats on the big orders!  You are so good at multi-tasking...and do everything so well. :yes 

Marlene ~ I'm so sorry about your friend. :hug   When will you be heading home?  I hope Miss Maya and Baby G are much better now.

Michelle ~ Have you started work yet? Can't wait to hear all about your new job. :)   Yes, Linda (Busy Bee) is such a good friend and we miss her terribly.  I remember your posts about the saltine afghan for a fundraiser. (?)

Cindy ~ Hopefully, Spring will be there before too long!

Hi to those I've missed.♥♥♥ 

Good morning peeps.

Yup, Busy Bee is our Linda....I'll try a PM on FB Messenger today. 

I'm officially addicted to the join as you go method...I even organized more balls of yarn let night to add more colors to the WIP... :lol  Today I should be able to work on the small saltine ghan. With all the work involved in this one I may see if a local nurse who works NICU has someone specific she can pass it on to when I'm finished.

Cold again, but not as blustery. Wet snow might fall over the weekend.

Have a great day my friends.

Morning peeps,

I needed another dishcloth so I pulled out my Scrub It yarn, added some purple cotton for contrast...and voila~

post-8552-0-16110100-1460030967_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Great idea to use the scrubby and cotton together, Judy!

Been a busy week at work! My friend is in the hospital and I've gone to visit after work. Hopefully she will be discharged tomorrow or more likely Saturday. This Sunday is my DD's baby shower and my oldest is coming down on Saturday and leaving after the shower to head back to Boston so it will be a short visit.

Tonight I'm planning to sit back and crochet for a bit!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hugs! Sure hope your DH is on the mends now. We are looking at wednesday, next week to leave. 

Joanne, Hope your friend is able to go home tomorrow and the recovery is quickly. Have a nice time with all your girls at the baby shower.

LeeAnn, Congratulations on two more big orders. 

Judy, I've never tried the join as you go. Some day I'll have to try it. I bought some of the scrubby yarn. I thought about making a scrubby with it and put cotton on one side of it. 

Cindy, Hope work lightens up soon for you.

Michelle, Do you know when you start your new job?

Are pond party (the final event) was a success. The weather was great and so was the food. Today the kitchen fund treated the kitchen ladies out to lunch. We went to olive garden. We shopping before and after lunch. We hit hobby lobby, joann's, home depot then the mall. I bought some sashay yarn navy and gold. My high school sports teams are those colors. I follow the football. I picked up a row counter. I need one for the horse scarf. I worked on it while laundry was going. I got my hair cut, that took away my perm. 

Are friend Jim is improving. His wife said 25% of his heart is working and his organs are improving a little bit. He was taken out of icu. Thanks for the prayers for him. Tomorrow I will start packing things up. I pack up everything we leave in the trailer to. We set off a bomb when we leave and are neighbor sets one off just before we get here. We sit out lots of kitty liter and dryer sheets. 

Hope everyone has a nice rest of the week and weekend.

'Morning, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Love the new dishcloth!  About the join as you go...what took us so long? ;)   I'm anxious to get back to the hexie 'ghan.  Are they still predicting snow?

Joanne ~ I know you'll enjoy the baby shower and your visit with DD!  When is her due date? :c9

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful last few days at the coast. :yes   The pond party and "girls' day out" sound great.  I bet you can't wait to hug those grandkids again! 

DH has an app't. this a.m. and I need to buy groceries.  Luke has a baseball game tomorrow and I can't wait to see them again.  It's been way too long. 

Have a wonderful day, friends. ♥♥♥

Archived