Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Wow six hours of sitting and all that traffic of out of towners who don't know where there going. I use to hang my sheets outside but haven't done it in years. Love that smell. Happy birthday to your DH!

Judy, That is a beautiful shawl for your cousin. She is going to love it. Daisy gets sick once in awhile during the night. She eats anything and digs in the yard. She's usually after some kind of ground critter. We have a chest freezer and it only has a small basket in it, so I use boxes and sort my meat types in each box. Way easier than standing on my head to get something out from the bottom. 

Mary, Yeah for the new refrigerator. We have some rain coming tomorrow but I don't think it is much.

Joanne, Your weekend sounds like a fun one. One of the things I miss about my hometown. 

LeeAnn, It's nice doing things we enjoy and getting paid for it. 

DH's back is pain free except where the needle went in at. Today he was out mowing the back yard and started having chest pains. He was having them while in Texas and I doubled the medicine they gave him for the chest pains a year and half ago. They had him taking only half a pill and told us to take the whole pill if it was needed. It helped until he mowed today. He sees the heart doctor on the 13th. Maybe they will need to run some test again. This is the same type of pains he use to get before they figured out why. 

DD and Maya's daddy are getting married this month. We all are going to Florida along with her girlfriend her son who is Maya's age and her adult daughter. We are going to rent a condo big enough for all of us. DD wants to get married on the beach. I don't remember what town. Not looking forward to the humidity. 

DH has a doctor appt with the VA doctor thursday morning then the sleep study test thursday night. There test him on the full mask then we will order his equipment. Friday after I pick him up we will head to Maya's for the weekend. She has a half day so we will pick her up. I think we will go garage saleing. There are a couple of subdivisions have sales. Then I'm taking her to her doctors appt. It's time for her to get her cholesterol checked again. We will see a different doctor than she normally sees, but DD knows I have questions about it so she asked me if I would take her. I will also ask DH's opinion if they want her on medicine. As I know you guys didn't think it was a good idea and neither did some that I talked to about it Texas. 

Thursday is Jocelyn's birthday. She will be 10 also. DS has the kids this weekend and they will be coming to DD's if not friday evening then saturday. We will celebrate her birthday. He has to have them home sunday morning at 9am because it's mothers day. 

My cousin is up from Tennessee, so I want to go see her thursday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlene, you have so much going on as usual! I detest humidity, too - 98% here with all the rain. Poor hubby - it's scary when you get chest pains. And I hope Maya's tests show a better result. I can't imagine putting someone that young on cholesterol lowering meds - too many  potential side effects. Over time maybe eating a healthier diet will help. I really wish her well....poor girl...

LeeAnn, I was wondering if they were discontinuing the yarn too. It is a bear to frog, which I've already found out :lol But it feels great - better than a batch I got a couple of years ago. Now that I have the hang of the pattern it's moving along fast.

R/W/B ghan is waiting for my attention.... ;)

Rainy, drizzle, 50's - it does not feel like May this week. Rain since Sunday and we won't see the sun till Saturday.  :(

Have a good day my friends

Good morning!

Judy-I feel like the Mother Nature is confused.  The last 3 weekends we have had snow and cold, today it is 50F, sunny and warm. I can never be too sure what it is going to be like outdoors. I do wish that summer would get here.  I love being able to go outside without all of the layers.

Marlene-hoping that Maya's cholesterol levels go down, does she feel sick?

Mary-my son's graduation is on May 28th, he is so excited to be on to the next step in life but is keeping super busy.  He recently got hired at Domino's.  He is our janitor for the building where my shop is, and he is taking a couple of college level classes.  He seems to be handling it all well, he is a pro at time management..I am so proud of him!

I re-arranged a bit here at the shop, my printer was inside my desk,  it was not working.  Now that I have it on the side part of my desk, I think I can get to printing much quicker.  Off to package, have a great day !! :hug

'Morning, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Wonderful news about the wedding and your trip to Florida!  Will you be driving?  The kids will have a ball at the beach. :yes   I'm so sorry about your Hubby's chest pains.  Hopefully, the dr. will be able to give him some relief. :hug  I'm glad you're going to DD's and taking Maya to her appointment.  Enjoy your Mother's Day with family!

LeeAnn ~ Oh, May 28th will be before we know it!  Luke has a kindergarten graduation on the 26th. :lol  Hope the weather warms up soon!

Judy ~ What pattern will you use for the RWB 'ghan?  You probably mentioned it and I missed it. Lol  We have gorgeous days lately in the low 70's, dry and breezy.  The normal high right now is in the low to mid 80's, so we are way below that!  I have windows open again this morning.

I am home today - Yay!  I'm definitely going to make time for crochet today.  Have a great morning!

Morning peeps!

Cold, dreary and wet...again

Mary, the R/W/B gain is just one big granny square - turing after each round so it doesn't get wonky. The sharp, bright colors already look good - nice and crisp.  What are you hooking these days? Hexies? 

The wrap for my cousin is about 2/3rds finished. I'm loving it - if I didn't, I would make her something else.

Off I go, everyone. Have a great day my friends.

Hi Judy ~ Actually I'm finishing up a large granny baby 'ghan!  I had to frog the last 3 rows due to my not paying attention. :rolleyes  Only 1 more row to catch up and then on to the border.  I almost always go down a hook size for the border...now if I don't mess that up, too!   :lol

Morning, from rainy, windblown and cold NJ....still.....

Mary, looking forward to pictures! Sometimes I find myself making silly mistakes on the simplest patterns!

I finished the Dew Drops Wrap last night! I love it....  I'll try and get a picture later on. I ended up with a small ball of yarn leftover - about the size of a silver dollar....lol! It's prefect for my cousin, size too - It was more than generous in size for me and she's built more slightly than I am.  Can't wait till she gets it. She lives in Virginia. I'll wait till Monday to mail it. I hate mailing something when there's a soaking rain going on.

Have a great day my friends.

Dew Drops Wrap is finished!

The little ball of yarn on the wrapper - all that's left of 2 balls of Unforgettable!

post-8552-0-83041500-1462545625_thumb.jpg

Good morning House! 

Happy Friday!  I love that today is a FREE day!  Well kinda, I still have paperwork to get to but I plan on playing a bit this afternoon.

Judy-your drop shawl is gorgeous!  Oh my gosh!  I love it!  Your cousin is going to be so happy, how exciting for her.   :manyheart

Mary-large grannies are so much fun!  My mother in law makes a large granny afghan every week, she's stuck on them.  :yay   She  does such a good job with them and can crochet lightening fast!

Hello to the rest of the house!  Hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day!  Just in case I do not get a chance to hop on here.

hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Hi ladies. We are back from our Island getaway. We had a wonderful time. It rained a bit on the day we arrived, but not even enough to need an umbrella when we walked into town for dinner. The B and B was very nice and close enough to the main part of town to be an easy walk, but far enough to be quiet.

Judy, that shawl is gorgeous!

Thanks for the compliments on the wrap... I love looking at it...

Cindy, I'm so glad you had such a nice time. The pictures on FB were beautiful!

I think I see a hint of blue in the sky! Maybe the rain will really stop.

I've been reading and working on the granny square blanket again. 

Have a great night my friends.

Welcome back, Cindy!  so glad you had a good time. :)

Judy ~ Your shawl is beautiful!  I love the colors and your work is wonderful, as always. :yes

LeeAnn ~ I hope your "free" day has been a good one.  If only there was such a thing as a really free day. Lol

We're going to Luke's game tomorrow and staying with the boys while DD and SIL go to a graduation reception for their favorite babysitter.  She has become part of the family. :)  

Good morning from still dreary NJ!

Im grateful that the only thing we have to deal with is rain! Have you heard about the devastating fires in fort mcmurray in alberta, canada? It is so heartbreaking.

Judy, the shawl is very pretty! Your cousin will love it!! :-)

Cindy, glad you had a wonderful time! Now, back to reality. Lol

Leeann. I sure hope you had a little down time! You are alway so busy!

Mary, enjoy the ball game! I stopped to see my gs on thursday night after work. Nothing like it to perk up ones spirits! It was a short visit, but i got to read 2 books to ryan and robbie They each picked out a book for me to read them before bed. It makes my heart feel happy that my DD always reads to them before bed since they were babies. They both love books!! Charlie would have heard the stories too, but he was too busy sleeping. Lol.

Marlene. The trip to Florida sounds wonderful. Hope the appt for maya went well and that your dh is doing ok

I came home from work yesterday and there was a box of tulips waiting for me. My oldest had sent them! Oh did they make me happy!!! The house i lived in when raising my daughters had tulips and the girls loved it when they bloomed every spring. I have them set out in the living room on the table next to the chair where i do my crocheting and knitting! im actually sitting there now as i enjoy my coffee and check in here. Then it's off to do my weekly chores. Dd and the boys are coming over later for a short visit before heading to a birthday party for one of her friends son. They live about 3 blocks from me. Tomorrow, we are planning to go to rutgers gardens as we do every year for mothers day for their annual plant sale. That is if the weather ever clears up!!! Middle dd will be coming as well.

Off to get the day started. Have a good one. And in case i don't get back on, Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

Good morning peeps!

Yup - still dreary and misty. At least the backyard is super green!

Welcome back, Cindy!  so glad you had a good time. :)

Judy ~ Your shawl is beautiful!  I love the colors and your work is wonderful, as always. :yes  Thanks!  Going this forum years ago was the best thing I ever did. My crocheting is light years ahead of what it was, even though I had already been doing it for decades,

LeeAnn ~ I hope your "free" day has been a good one.  If only there was such a thing as a really free day. Lol

We're going to Luke's game tomorrow and staying with the boys while DD and SIL go to a graduation reception for their favorite babysitter.  She has become part of the family. :)  Priceless, finding a baby sitter you love that much!

Good morning from still dreary NJ!
Im grateful that the only thing we have to deal with is rain! Have you heard about the devastating fires in fort mcmurray in alberta, canada? It is so heartbreaking.
I saw that on the news. There was even a CCTV camera in someones house that showed their living room as it caught fire. It made me feel sick to watch it. Praying for rain for them - that's what they need!
Judy, the shawl is very pretty! Your cousin will love it!! :-)
Thanks!
Cindy, glad you had a wonderful time! Now, back to reality. Lol

Leeann. I sure hope you had a little down time! You are alway so busy!

Mary, enjoy the ball game! I stopped to see my gs on thursday night after work. Nothing like it to perk up ones spirits! It was a short visit, but i got to read 2 books to ryan and robbie They each picked out a book for me to read them before bed. It makes my heart feel happy that my DD always reads to them before bed since they were babies. They both love books!! Charlie would have heard the stories too, but he was too busy sleeping. Lol.I always read to our son - as soon as he could sit still on my lap I had him pick a book - or two. I have all the Dr. Seuss books memorized :lol He still loves to read - on a wide range of interests, too. He's currently plowing through the Game of Thrones series - he's already seen the shows on TV to this point.

Marlene. The trip to Florida sounds wonderful. Hope the appt for maya went well and that your dh is doing ok

I came home from work yesterday and there was a box of tulips waiting for me. My oldest had sent them! Oh did they make me happy!!! The house i lived in when raising my daughters had tulips and the girls loved it when they bloomed every spring. I have them set out in the living room on the table next to the chair where i do my crocheting and knitting! im actually sitting there now as i enjoy my coffee and check in here. Oh, how sweet!! I saw the pics on FB - they are incredibly beautiful!Then it's off to do my weekly chores. Dd and the boys are coming over later for a short visit before heading to a birthday party for one of her friends son. They live about 3 blocks from me. Tomorrow, we are planning to go to rutgers gardens as we do every year for mothers day for their annual plant sale. That is if the weather ever clears up!!! Middle dd will be coming as well.

Off to get the day started. Have a good one. And in case i don't get back on, Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

Happy Mothers Day to you and everyone here - and to those who have children of their heart - you are doubly blessed!

Good morning. It's cloudy and humid here, but not too warm. We are supposed to have thunderstorms later this morning. Dh is out working on our new patio while it's still dry. It's more than half finished. I'm doing laundry.

It's a bit odd to be back to life as usual, after two and a half days of really laid back living. Now that we have visited the island for a couple of days, we want to do it again. It's hard to explain....time seems immaterial there, (except for breakfast and dessert at the B and B!). Otherwise, everyone just moves at a very leisurely pace. We walked mikes while there. We considered renting bikes, but never got around to it.

On our way home yesterday, we stopped at an Amish market. (Run by an Amish family, no phone, no website, old fashioned manual cash register. I think it must have had electricity though, unless lights can be gas powered.). I was hoping they sold regular barley, and they did. Lately I can only find quick cooking barley in the grocery store and I don't like it. It's sticky and mushy. I bought that, plus a few other things. (if you've never been to an Amish market, they sell a lot of staples in bulk. I always get things like rice, barley, oatmeal, flour, etc there if I can), Then we noticed they had a deli there, and one of the locals recommended that we try it out for lunch.. For $4 each we got these delicious giant sandwiches on homemade bread that were nearly too thick to get into my mouth. I couldn't eat the whole thing but Dh could. I really like the Amish markets, but there isn't one near here. I usually go to Shipshewana in Indiana a couple of times a year. That one is about 1 1/2 hours from here, and is the largest one I've ever seen. It sells spices and dried herbs in bulk, at a fraction of the price of the grocery stores. When I go, I take orders from friends and family, and when they go, they do the same. Plus Shipshewana is full of cute shops, and if you go during the warmer months, there is a giant flea market there a couple of times a week.

Well, better get back to the laundry.

Happy Mother's Day! 

Judy ~ Your baby 'ghan is gorgeous!  So perfect in red, white and blue!

We were gone all day yesterday and will leave about 11 today.  Luke has another game and then we'll go back to DD's for a picnic.  I made pasta salad.  We're under weather warnings for "this evening and tomorrow" so we're keeping fingers crossed they really wait until this evening!

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Love the rw&b blanket and the shawl for your cousin. They both are lovely gifts. 

LeeAnn, Maya's mom took her to the doctor last fall because she kept having headaches. She had her eyes checked to and she passed that test. Upon doing blood test and checking many things they discovered she has high cholesterol. That doctor said if we couldn't get it down she would put her on cholesterol medicine. She's going tomorrow for the lab work. But we seen a different doctor on friday and she said she would not put a child on cholesterol medicine. She said she is to young, and that she believes they haven't done and testing on side effects with kids. I have only met this doctor, but I told DD she is a keeper. Maya said she likes both doctors. The only thing we could figure out was we have to let her hair down at night time. She is african american and has tons and tons of hair. It helps. 

Cindy, Your time at the island sounds nice and relaxing. There is an amish or menonite store east of M-66 on M-57. I have only been there once. I do remember they sold kitchen items and some unique things. I may make a trip over there after I use up my oatmeal and see if they sell it or not. I use to buy it in the bulk at Meijer's but they don't sell it anymore. 

Mary, We are all driving to Florida. How fun to go to the ball games. Wow Zack is graduating kindergarten already. 

Joanne, Use to read to my kids at bedtime too. 

Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day! Daycare lady is sick so we are watching baby G tomorrow. Hoping to get to the flower center tomorrow and get my flowers. Maya's school does a fundraiser and I send her money and they give us coupons for that value to pick out are flowers. I'll check back in soon. Have a great week everyone!

Hi peeps.

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket. I took a hint from, I think Attic24, and didn't add any sc's between the clusters on the sides of the blanket - and of course I turn after every round. I think using those two suggestions made it look more symmetrical.

Marlene - re Maya's headaches: many times the simplest solution is the answer! Good news about that other doctor not wanting to do meds!!

Mary, I hope the storms held off for you!

Off to get the dogs nails cut - way overdue! And then this afternoon I have a routine appointment with my cardio doc. Everyone in the office loves him - he's bright, yet great with people. Some doctors can't manage to do both.

...and....the SUN is out!!! Yesterday we had teases of it, but today is unbelievably gorgeous. 

Have a great day my friends.

Hi ladies. Super busy day at work today. Even my feet hurt! Tomorrow I teach advanced cardiac life support. That's an easy way to earn money....although it can be boring.

It's a beautiful afternoon here, sunny with just a slight breeze.

Nothing much going on here other than that. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Hi,peeps!

Cindy, I don't like boring, either - it can make the time drag by so slowly!

I mailed the dew drops wrap this morning....my cousin should get it Friday. We got the painting of the fur babies yesterday and she really "got" their expressions perfectly! I'll see if I can get a good picture of it to share with you guys.

Well, I now know I cannot work with that yarn I was making the Downton Abbey shawl with. Even transferring it to a bag stirred up enough fibers that I started to feel that allergic reaction. Done.

I DID put together a bag of pink and white yarn to make the cute baby ghan. That will be fun. It's called the Simply Simple Afghan and is just a center panel of small saltines (I just can't get away from them...lol) surrounded by a big granny square. I'm getting quite the collection of charity items. When my huge tote bag can't hold any more I'll have to wash them and put them into plastic bags.

Have a good day my friends.

Good Morning!  My laptop is at a repair shop until tomorrow - she just quit connecting to the internet!  So I'm on mac and I do not like the keyboard.  :lol

Marlene ~ Such good news that you like Maya's doctor!  How long will you be staying at DD's?

Cindy ~ I hope your class goes well today. :yes

Judy ~ Yep, you are on a roll with those saltines!  ;)  Your cousin will be so thrilled to get the package!  Looking forward to seeing the 'children's' picture. 

Grrr - this laptop has keys in different places and they're closer together…and mac has auto correct which drives me crazy so I'll go for now. Lol

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!

Good evening house!

It sure feels like I have been gone a long time!

Did you all have a good Mother's Day?  I sure hope so!

Judy-Your red,white and blue afghan is a stunner!  Looks great!  Your newest pink afghan sounds so pretty, bet you will have it hooked up in no time. 

Cindy-your time away sounded like heaven!  I would have loved it too!  What project/projects are you working on?

Marlene-longer hair can be so heavy.  My dd has long hair, she can not wear it in a ponytail as it gives her such a headache too.  Hopefully the new dr will be able to help Maya.  

Joanne-I love fresh flowers!  They just brighten up any room!  That was so sweet of your dd to send you some. 

Mary-I hope that your laptop can be fixed, my old one died..it was a painful death.  lol I sure do miss it!

Hello to anyone else that I may have missed.  I took the weekend off...yes my friends!  NO work..it was wonderful. Yesterday and today I am playing catch up, I have a few custom orders to work on but am feeling great.

Talk to you all soon! :ghug

Archived