Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:rain  Another inch of rain overnight!  Thankfully no thunder this time...Gracie slept all night. :)

Joanne ~ Such wonderful news! :c9   Happy hugs to you, your DD and the new little guy. :hug

Marlene ~ Thank you for the sweet words about the afghans. :)   Life definitely doesn't slow down as we get older!  I'm sorry about your SIL's father.  Stay safe on your travels. :manyheart

The boys will be here about 8:30, so I'd better get dressed.  There won't be any trip to the park today because of the rain, so I hope we can keep them occupied inside!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Dreary and damp out there at the moment. We really need rain, (sorry Mary!), but it's just off and on drizzle.

Congratulations, Joanne and also to your daughter!

Marlene sorry to hear about your sil's father. You certainly keep on the run. I get tired just reading about it.

Yesterday I sewed a wall hanging organizer for the camper. We like to read in bed, but there's no place to put our glasses or ereader when we are ready to turn out the lights, so I made something. Today I need to clean and do some laundry. I also need to run out and get my mil some oral contrast for the CT scan she is having on Tuesday. I probably should just get up and do that. I've been procrastinating for the past two weeks....

Here is my organizer, two pockets in the top section and a larger one one the bottom.

post-6189-0-80373500-1464788317_thumb.jpg

Cindy ~ The organizer is great!  

The boys are having lunch and are happy campers.  They've been able to play kick ball on the driveway...the grass is so saturated, it's squishy to walk on!   Puzzles, play-doh and legos are on the agenda.  More rain predicted through the weekend. :no

Hi peeps!

Cindy that organizer is a great idea!

Mary, have you recovered from the boys' visit yet? :lol

Comfortable and cool this morning!! :clap

Hi guys!!

Remember me? Maybe I should go back to the Introduce yourself thread and start over.... 

Sorry I have been on hiatus for so long.... The job situation did not work out. They called me in for interview like the 6th of April and immediately put me to work. I was in computer training for a week and a half and it was all good. I clocked in and literally sat in front of computer learning from modules 8 hours a day. Since you got a short break every 2 hours to move a bit, it was good.. not too tired but after a week of being on such tight schedule, my body could begin to feel it. Then it was on a Friday they put me on the floor. I could tell after a couple of hours that I was going to love it (except for the pharmacist that I would be working for. a total jerk who seems to have issues - but at my age i don't intimidate easy and can ignore most of it LOL) but by the end of Friday, my legs and feet were hurting very badly.. I got a little better over that weekend but still hurting. Went back on Monday and by 2;00 did not know if I was going to make it. I practically hobbled out to my car by end of day. I was scheduled to be off the next day on Tuesday and had an appointment with my neurosurgeon already scheduled that day. I very tiredly got up and hubby drove me the 3 hours to get there. After examining me she could tell I was not doing as well as last checkup. She plainly let me know I could NOT keep that job standing all day or i would be back within couple of months in the same shape I first saw her or worse. So i had to quit. And to tell the truth, it really set me back. I have been in not good shape at all since. I have had a handful of days that weren't too bad, but before I started trying to work, I was actually doing pretty good. Have not been on the 'ville and have not been creative at all since.. It took alot out of me and to tell the truth, been pretty depressed ever since. But it is time to pick myself up off the floor and get on with living life. Many others in SO SO much worse shape, ya know?

I have missed this place. You girls are so supportive. But strange how we isolate ourselves when we are so far down. and really that is when we need others the most.

I have not read all the posts but I have skimmed through. I was saddened to see that Linda - Busy Bee- had passed away. :cry  She sent me some squares and now I will really cherish the afghan that she sent me saltines for. I was making it for a fundraiser ( the winning ticket got it) and my DIL won it. After about a year, she gave it back to me on my birthday because she said I had worked so hard on it, but if something happened to me, it went back to HER! R.I.P. Linda.....

I don't know if any of you remember Tammy - from Coffee N Crafts.  She is a friend on FB and she lost her husband (Ken) yesterday morning to cancer...  :cry   We need to remember her family in prayers... that helped to shake me out of my doldrums. She is about my age with 6 kids - 3 I think still at home in their teens.

NOW.... on a more POSITIVE note.......  :yay :yay  JOANNE!!!   Yay on your grandson being born!! :)

Good afternoon House!

Michelle-It is so good hearing from you!   :hug  :hug   Extra hugs headed your way!  Life can be so difficult at times, I do the same thing..I can turtle as my sister calls it.  Sometimes that is how we process things.  Are you feeling ok today?

Marlene-you are a busy gal!  Oh my!  I bet your dd loves that she has your nearby to help with the babies.  I bet Maya is happy to be turning 10 that is such a fun age!

Cindy-gosh!  Your fabric reader holder is fabulous!  I just cleaned out most of my fabric and priced it.  We have our Craft Night this evening, the ladies are in for a treat, I am selling all of the fabric at bottom dollar prices..like $1.50 a yard..that is fairly inexpensive for printed fabric.  I hope they buy it all, then I can just be done with it..I tell ya..I am dangerous..cleaning and getting rid of things.  My dd is on the same track, she has 5 large bags of clothing that she is donating and 3 large bags of toys..she is re-organizing her room...now wonder where she got that from?

Judy-it's cool and comfy here too, only 60F, but our summers are very mild.  I think in this part of CO we only get up to the early 90's.  I love it!

Joanne-Congratulations to you and your dd!  Can't wait to hear what his name will be.  

Mary-how's the playdough and building going? Reminds me of my ds, he used to love leggos. 

Off to put a display together, have a wonderful day house! :ghug

Morning peeps.

Michelle, I'm so sorry you physically couldn't handle the job. But you did try - never forget that! And yes, we do tend to stay away from here just when we need the support the most. Don't forget that - we can support each other with our own life experience, positive thought and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tammy's husband! I remember his earlier battle against cancer. How awful fro her and the kids. 

Hi, LeeAnn!

Hugs to everyone....

Hi House.  Sorry to have been MIA the last couple of days - life got in the way. ;)  Yesterday, the oral surgeon ended up doing a procedure to correct one thing with one of my implants.  I won't go into the 'not fun' details, but he had to use novocaine instead of something stronger since I drove myself - it was just supposed to be a "quick post-op check." 

Michelle ~ I'm so glad to see your post. :manyheart   You've had such a rough time, but I hope you're through the worst now.  We are always here for each other, so let us be your support when you need it.  Sending big hugs! :ghug

LeeAnn ~ You sound good after your busy schedule lately!  Yep, the boys were here just for the day Wednesday, but will be here next starting next Wednesday through the following Monday...I'm doubling my vitamins. :lol

Judy ~ How is the first polar bear 'ghan coming along?  Can't wait to see it!

More tomorrow ~ have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

morning peeps.

The humidity is back...oh, well!

Mary, i remember when DS was little - I was tired then, and I was young! Sorry about the dentist. ICK.

The polar bear ghan is coming along. The image is made (needs embellishments before I'll be happy with it) and I'm now in the background, which leads to the border. I'm taking notes as to how many rows I'm making since even at this point in my life I still have trouble counting rows of sc! I was asked if I could make it bigger - so of course I said yes.

Off I go for the day. Have a good one my friends.

Good morning. Sunshine outside at the moment, but there are severe thunderstorms in the forecast.

I worked yesterday after 11 days off and it was very busy. After dinner we went to my mil's rest home to celebrate her birthday. I had bought her some clothes and was a little unsure as to whether she would like them. She always wears skirts, and pretty much only tends to wear mostly black, brown and navy. I got her a spring skirt in shades of green, white and a light blue with a matching blue top, plus a khaki colored skirt with a white top with some embroidery on it. She loved the outfits, and spent some time telling me how tired she was of all her drab clothes. My sister in law that does her laundry is sick so another sister in law did the laundry last week. She told me that nearly all her clothes are pretty much worn out, so I guess I will do a bit more shopping for her.

Judy, sounds like you are moving right along on the polar bear afghan.

Michelle, it's nice to see you back. I'm sorry the job wasn't for you. One of my co-workers had to resign last week. After two back surgeries in less than 6 months, she isn't able to be on her feet for long periods of time. She feels bad about her limitations too.

Mary, if your grandsons are anything like mine....you'd better triple up on the vitamins!

Joanne,mow are DD and the new baby doing?

Morning peeps!

Cindy - that was so nice of you to take a chance with brightening up MIL's wardrobe. Maybe she sees that the other women there have brighter clothes. 

Not much work done on the Polar bear yesterday. Today should see more progress, though.

We're expecting some severe weather today...possibly hail, too - which we never see around here.

Not much else going on, other than a lesson learned yesterday: No good deed goes unpunished.   

Any who - have a good one, my friends - and Joanne - you're going to be wanting to retire soon so you can immerse yourself in the grandson experience!

Hello ladies. Chilly and threatening rain here. We could use it. We got a little overnight when a thunderstorm went through, but could use more.

We spent yesterday doing yard work and camper repairs. There's always something to do to that camper. Every year Dh says we should buy a new one, but usually the fix isn't too much work, so he fixes it. This year some of the trim was coming off and the wood underneath it was wet. That wood was replaced along with the trim.just a bit more cleaning and we are good to go. Next I guess we should make sure our bikes are roadworthy. We always take them camping.

Tomorrow begins a three day work stretch. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I try never to do more than two days in a row,mso I'm dreading it!

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi House. :) 

Friday night DH made a last minute decision to go to Houston for a food/dairy convention that started today.  He's not comfortable maneuvering airports anymore (after almost a million miles with American over the years!) because of his eyes, so I purchased train tickets online and took him to the train station yesterday morning.  I must admit it's been good to be here alone and I've been going non-stop trying to do things that have been neglected way too long!  Luke and Zach will be here for almost a week starting either Wednesday or Thursday, so lots to do for that, too!

I will be on more tomorrow since I'm exhausted now. :lol

Cindy ~ When will you be leaving?

Joanne ~ I hope your DD and new grandbaby are doing well. :c9

Hi to everyone I've missed. :manyheart

Morning peeps.

Cindy, I hope work isn't too crazy or your body isn't going to know what hit it by the third day! It sounds like you and DH are on the same page with so many things. You're going to enjoy your getaway!

Mary, I know how important our alone time is. I've been getting out with a friend/neighbor who hasn't been able to drive because of a broken metatarsal in her right food. Too much "home" time for her, even though her hubby is working but she has a Junior in HS and a boomerang child who works in NYC (another DD at graduate school in Pitt)....so we're even excited over a trip to her oath today!  Did you start a new crochet project??

Off I go - friend's appointment is this morning and I have a few things to do first.

'Morning, everyone. :)

Cindy ~ Three long days on your feet is a lot!  I hope you're sleeping well. :yes

Judy ~ How nice that you're getting out more and helping your friend at the same time!  I'm working on another baby 'ghan for my shop.  My plan is to finish it before the boys come.

Michelle ~ I hope you're feeling much better now - come see us! :manyheart

Errands this morning and then back to my cleaning project.  It may sound silly to be cleaning before the boys are here for almost a week, but I'm on a roll. :lol

Have a good day, all. ♥♥♥

Morning, peeps!

Mary, cleaning before the boys come - you are a super grandma! :lol Gracie will be so energized to have them over...while Zoe will likely hide under a bed for a while, I'm sure...lol! Looking forward to seeing a pic of the new project.

I'm reading Dan Brown's INFERNO in between hook time - I can't put the book down! Got it Thursday or Friday and am half finished already.  :D

Have a good day everyone :hug

Hi House. :)  DH will be home this evening and I think I'm about ready for the little guys.  Not sure yet whether they're coming tomorrow or Thursday, since DD and SIL's flight doesn't leave until mid-day Thursday.

Off to the grocery store...one more time. Lol

Have a good day! :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Cute organizer you made. Today is the last day of your 3 day work stretch, hope it hasn't been to hard on you. When do leave for your camping trip? Your MIL is lucky to have you. My MIL all of us quit buying her things because she always returned it for one reason or another. No matter what was bought. 

Mary, Alone time is precious sometimes. Sorry the dentist had to do a repair. Those grandchildren sure can wear us down. But it is fun! I tell everyone it keeps me young. We will see if I see feel the same when Gerimiah is up and running around. lol  Have fun with the boys. Hope the weather cooperates so the boys can play outside.

Michelle, Sorry the job didn't work out for you. You gave it your best shot, so don't beat yourself up for it. Hope your feeling much better now. And know were here to support you. Hugs! I did see that Tammy's husband died. Very sad for her and family.

Judy, It's really nice of you to help out your friend. And of course we say we can make something bigger or do something. We don't know how to say no very often. Sounds like your reading a good book.

LeeAnn, We don't get to many 90* days here, but we have humidity that makes it awful. Even living on the lake the humid days are not good.

Joanne, Congratulations on the new grandson! I hope he and DD are doing well. 

Hubby picked up his c-pac machine thursday. He isn't dreaming every night. He still is taking his long naps. My SIL Melaine said her husband Brian rarely takes a nap and if he does it isn't as long as they use to be. 

DS and the kids came by Maya's sunday for cake and ice cream for Maya's birthday. I made her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast on her birthday. This saturday she is having a sleep over/party with some girlfriends. 

I finished the horse scarf. She is taking it to her teacher today. I'll post a picture in a bit.

Housework and laundry to do here today. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt for a cleaning and hubby has his ptsd group meeting. 

Our friend from Texas who was diagnosed with cancer has died. Are park was involved with relay for life for 11 years. This winter we raised 7,100.00. In 11 years we raised 101,844.00. Elosie raised the most money each year. It's really sad that something she supported so strongly took her life. She will be missed by many. 

I will go see if I can post some pics. I hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

post-2560-0-78962900-1465396848_thumb.jpegThe scarf, I think it came out really cute. Now to make one that was ordered.

post-2560-0-00196800-1465396883_thumb.jpeg Jocelyn, Maya with Gerimiah and Payton.

post-2560-0-29017100-1465396910_thumb.jpeg DD letting Gerimiah suck on a pickle. He liked them just as much as Maya did. He liked watermelon to. DD craved watermelon when she was pregnant for him.

Hi peeps!

Marlene, I love the pictures. The kids look adorable and you did a fantastic job on the horse scarf!

And yes, We hookers never know how to say no :lol

I'm still figuring out the size but think I have it now. She sent me pics of the alpaca polar bear rugs she has hanging up so I could get ideas on how to make the ghans. I'm at the point of adding more background color to the bottom (and I have a hard time seeing where I began this addition, so I'm doubtful my friend will be able to see it)!

Have a good day my friends!

Good morning House!

Marlene-your grands are all beautiful!  I really like the picture of Geremiah sucking on a pickle, too cute!  And the horse scarf, why it's just stunning!

Judy-it is nice to get out, when I was a stay at home mommy I loved hibernating, I still do.  Unfortunately with my kiddos and business, those days seem so long ago.  I do miss just being home.

Cindy-hoping that your last day of work is an easy one, I bet you are exhausted.   

Mary-you sound like my in laws, they always get ready when our kids go over, they like to spoil them rotten.  

It has been a strange week,  some not so good things happening here at the shop.  This weekend is my 40th birthday, we are planning a trip to the Denver Zoo,..not really my favorite way to spend my birthday but my twin sister has younger children, they are excited for all of us to go together.  I am glad that we will be getting away, I sure can use a break.

Off to the never ending paperwork, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Good morning

Just a quick pop in to let you know dd and grandson are doing well. She hasn't decided on his name yet. Lol. Time is winding down for that though. Im suspecting today he will finally be given a name. Ive been staying with them and each day she is stronger and stronger. We took him to the pediatrician on Tuesday and he is back to his birthweight and thriving!!!

Today, I'm heading down to Ryan's school since they are having some sort of celebration of learning. I will probably stay at my house tonight and catch up on some sleep. Dd seems ready for me to leave. Lol. She has lots of friends who are available if she needs anything

Have a great day!!!!

Hi peeps.

Joanne, good to hear from you. I'm sure your nursing skills kicked in immediately with DD and baby. Anxious to hear his name! I know some people like to look at their baby for a while and then a name just comes to them....

LeeAnn, enjoy your birthday! 

It's a crisp, sunny morning here - feels like Fall! Yesterdays storms caused an hour long power outage, but nothing worse than that - I'm starting to feel like a pioneer woman, I'm so used to it!

I;m working on the deep border for the polar bear ghan now...finish line for ghan number one is in sight! Our friends are coming in a week and it will be ready for her.

Have a good day my friends,

Good morning. My 3 work days weren't really very difficult...but I'm dragging today. I don't know how those who work 5 days a week do it! I guess it might be easier if I wasn't getting up at 5:30 AM.

Oops..gotta go, grandkids are here, more later.

A quick Hi for now - it seems I have two very active grandsons. :lol   Non-stop since yesterday and tomorrow we're staying here with swim time, slip-n-slide, etc.  I've just read all of your news and will post when I can.  (Of course, I may be too tired to type. Lol)

Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Archived