Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. It's cooler than it has been at the moment, but humid. We had thunderstorms roll through yesterday.i

I picked up groceries yesterday and while I was out, I dropped off my sewing machine for repair. There were three sewing machines being dropped off all at the same time. Hopefully that isn't too expensive because it wasn't an expensive machine. If it's too much, I will think about replacing it.

Mary, I'm glad you are feeling better.

I'm dragging because I couldn't sleep. I slept from about 3:30 to 6. Every once in a while I have a night like that. I'll probably make it up tonight. I need to run over to the corner store because I forgot to get eggs yesterday. Eggs happen to be their Friday special, they are only 79 cents a dozen. Since it's just the two of us, a dozen lasts a week or longer so I don't usually go there just for eggs. However, it's about a quarter mile away, so at least it isn't inconvenient.

Off to go start the vacuum.....:(

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Cindy, we are hoping some thunderstorms come our way - we need a break in this horrible weather! Your story about the sewing machines sounded like a sitcom! I have a short that I really like. Cool and comfy! And I'm sure that square pattern will be an easy one to memorize - at 12 inches there will be a lot of repeats!

Good Morning!  We had storms come through last night about 10 and again this morning at 4:30...not much sleep for me. ;)

Judy ~ Your RR is lovely.  I love the color combination and placement!  And two polar bears!  Okay, now we know for sure that you are the queen of graph 'ghans. :lol  Maybe....but I think I'm going to need to bring the graphs to the print shop to enlarge...lol! Hard to sound the squares when it's a dark color. 

The headaches are about gone, thank goodness.  I plan to crochet today!  The hexagon baby 'ghan is finally finished.  Have a good morning! ♥♥♥

Good to hear the headaches are almost gone! We'd love to see a pic of the Hexie ghan!

I've been zipping along on the polar bear ghan - making it longer and wider than the pattern calls for and also incorporating a few ideas my friend threw out. It's appealing to my creative side, for sure. Otherwise it's a boring pattern...lol! Will keep you gals posted on my progress in a few days. 

Have a great weekend - resting or spending it with friends, whatever makes you happiest!

Im with judy. I dont Likie hot and humid. At least at night it cools off enough to have the ceiling fan on and windows open. Since we are gone all day, it dint make sense to have it on. BUt i will be putting it on tomorrow

Dd met with the midwofe, had some non stress test monitoring at the hospital and all is good with her and the baby. Hoping she goes into labor and doesn't have to get induced Mon or Tuesday

The boys are taking swimming lessons and having fun. Today was the perfect day for it, even if the lessons are inside lol

I went for a mani/pedi after work. Dd and sil gave me a gift certificate for Mother's Day to the place i go. And i had a free pedi since they run a rewards program. It was very relaxing after a busy day at work.

Have a good weekend!!!!

Happy Memorial Day weekend! 

Judy ~ You are so creative!  I can tell you love the graph 'ghans and your additions/changes will make them just perfect. :yes   I wish we could send you some rain - I hate saying that since we are always needing it this time of year!  We've had plenty and more to come tonight and over the next couple of days.

Joanne ~ Good for you for treating yourself to some 'me' time last night!  I hope your DD is doing well and that you will have a new grandson very soon. :c9   You all have been much hotter than we have!  DD has scheduled the boy's swimming lessons starting in mid-June and they are already excited. :)

Cindy ~ I totally empathize with your sleep issues.  My sleep schedule seems to change way too often.  Of course, DH and his snoring (and now cpap machine) don't help. ;)   The middle of the night storms lately have been hard, too.

I need to take pictures, but it's been so cloudy lately it's hard to get anything decent.  Maybe tomorrow!

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

hi, peeps!

Joanne, years ago we had friends - the wife was a nurse - who had two kids. Both were 10 month pregnancies! The midwife sounds like great woman and I'm sure has helped keep DD calm.

Mary - yup, I love tweaking graph patterns.  And about sleep issues: DH has PTSD....nightmares, kicking, etc....we've had separate bedrooms for at least 2 years now. Lucy's early morning call happens and then we all snuggle together in the big bed till time for breakfast.

Have a great day, my friends,

Good morning. The humidity is much lower here today and there's a nice breeze. Hopefully it's like this tomorrow for all the holiday gatherings. I have to work, but we are having people over for a barbecue in the evening.

The parts for my sewing machines came yesterday, so I now have two working machines. Hopefully the repair shop can fix my third newest machine for a reasonable price. I know I don't need three machines...although the oldest one monograms, which is the reason I kept it. The middle one is a nice sturdy machine that both my daughters use at times. And having three machines means we can sew together. The old ones aren't worth much, (old sewing machines are plentiful), so I keep them around.

Have a great day, ladies.

Another hot and humid day here! I went to have my hair cut and colored at dd's friends house. Tomorrow is going to be raining and my DD and SIL are having a bar b que Guess we'll be inside.....or maybe my other DD will be in labor. She goes back tomorrow for monitoring and if no labor, will be induced on Tuesday.

We went to the bay kast evening and watched the sunset...very pretty and relaxing.

Staying indoors today, although early this morning i enjoyed my coffee and some crochet on the deck.

Hi Ladies,

We are at DD's. We drove straight through and got here at 2:30 am. We will be heading home in a few hours. The wedding was beautiful. The weather was great. Thursday we rented a pontoon and went to an area beach where everyone docks and swims. We spent the whole day there. It was more fun than what some of us thought it was going to be. I searched on the Internet for craft stores and to my surprise I found an AC Moore store 17 miles away. I went there Friday. I love that store! A large yarn section. I didn't buy any though. But I may look online as they did have a variegated type that I think DD might like, if I ever get around to making her an afghan. I did buy a quilted bag that I may use for a purse. I bought 3 cooler bags. One for DD and two for me for the car. I wish we had one of these stores in Michigan. I'll catch up later. Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone!

Marlene ~ I'm so glad your trip and the wedding went well!  You must be ready to get home and crawl in bed. ;)  :hug

Joanne ~ Sending hugs and good thoughts to your DD. :hug

We had more storms starting at 4 this a.m. and I was up with Gracie.  We've never had so many power outages like we've had this spring! 

I will post more tomorrow.  'Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Glad you had fun, Marlene! I like ac moore too. Glad we have them here on the east coast

It actually wasnt as humid as yesterday and we did sot outside in the deck for a bit. And then the yankee game was in si we watched that, im making good progress on the large granny and have also been working on the knit blanket. I like to alternate crafts!!!

LeeAnn. Congrats to your son on his graduation!! The pictures you posted on FB were great!!!

Good morning. I got to be on call for work. So much for double pay for the holiday. When they call at 5:30 in the morning, it's too tempting to try to go back to sleep. I'm kind of hoping they don't need me. I didn't sleep well...again. Part of that was the firecrackers going off all over the neighborhood.

Happy Memorial Day. Remember to take a moment to remember our fallen servicemen and women.

Marlene, I'm glad the wedding get away was fun and that you are home safely. I will have to keep my eyes open for an A. C. Moore when we are on vacation. I've never been in one.

Joanne it's actually cool enough here to have the A/C off. I'm sitting here with an afghan over me. As for alternating crafts...I am a serial crafter. Maybe someday I will get down to two WIPs.

Mary, I'm so sorry about all the storms and power outages. Poor Gracie. We could use some rain, but you can keep the storms.

Lee Ann congrats to your son on his graduation. A big milestone for him.....and for you!

Tonight we are having our children and grand children over for a barbecue. It's going to be simple. Hamburgers, hotdogs, raw veggies, chips, cookies and watermelon.

Have a great day, ladies.

Happy memorial day!

Its rainy here today... But regardless its nice to have an extra day off work. Keeping all the veterans and servicemen and women in my thoughts todayI

Enjoy the day everyone!

Good Morning, everyone.  Yep, more storms overnight!  We've had rain 20 days in May and more expected this week.  Of course, I'll be complaining about the heat and no rain for most of the summer. Lol

DD and family have been visiting friends since Friday.  They live in the country with a pool, horses and pond...the boys have had a ball!  Luckily, their weather has been better than ours.

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

The sun came out for a whole hour yesterday, so I was able to take pictures...

post-10699-0-08013200-1464616992_thumb.jpg

post-10699-0-75750700-1464617024_thumb.jpg

post-10699-0-26571900-1464617125_thumb.jpg

Wow, Mary - I LOVE your blankets! Your color choices were perfect. Very soothing and soft to the eye!

have to dash - the three H's today again here in NJ: Hazy, Hot, Humid :yuck

Good morning. It's cool here at the moment...but yesterday started out that way, and by noon it was 90 and very humid.

Today, I plan to get my chores out of the way early. First up will be to get a start on cleaning the camper. We are going camping in 2 weeks, just for a long weekend. I booked a waterfront site on Lake Huron and we are looking forward to getting away. Dh is super busy so a weekend trip is the best we can manage right now.

Hope you all have a great day!

Thank you, Ladies!  It felt good to finally finish the hexagon. :yes

Judy ~ You all have been warmer than we have!  That doesn't happen often.

Joanne ~ You must be getting very anxious about now. :c9   I hope DD is feeling okay.

Cindy ~ You inspired me to straighten up my sewing room so I could at least find my sewing machine. :lol  A camping trip sounds wonderful!

DH has an appointment at 10:45, but we leave pretty early for this dr.  She is near downtown and the parking is terrible.  We may just use valet parking today!  The boys will be here tomorrow so we'll need to stop at the store on the way home.  Horrors!  I'm out of chicken nuggets. Lol

Have a great morning, everyone.

Good afternoon House!

I'm back!  After a jam packed weekend I can finally sit and breathe.  whew!

Mary-your hexagon afghan is gorgeous!  I love the color combination, what a stunner!  And the granny is sure pretty too!

Judy-your round ripple is fabulous!  The colors just pop off each other!  Two graphghans?  Wow!  I have never made one.  :lol   Is it all sc's?

Joanne-that is wonderful that your dd stood up for herself, sometimes that is difficult to do.  How is she feeling?

Cindy-I have 2 sewing machines.  I had to giggle when I read your post, that would be something that would happen to me.  Some days nothing works the way it should.   :)

Marlene-how ya doing?

The graduation went well, we hosted my sister and her large family.  Lots of laughter and fun was had by all.  We are so proud of our ds, he is so happy to be moving towards the next chapter in life.  Have lots to catch up on here at the shop.  Talk to you all soon.   :ghug  :ghug

hi peeps.

Cindy, I would think you might get cooler weather than us up there. The humidity is so draining. I guess DH likes camping? If you have a camper, I guess he must. 

LeeAnn, yes, the graph is all sc.  I'm zipping along on it. I won't share a pic for a while since it doesn't look like much yet.

LeeAnn ~Thank you for the compliment! ♥  I'm so glad your graduation festivities were a success.  DD's high school, college and MBA graduations were so special and will always be special memories.

Cindy ~ That is my kind of camping. ;)

We drove home from downtown in heavy rain and it continued until about an hour ago.  Flash flood warnings all over the metroplex tonight with more on the way.  Our power was off again this afternoon.  All we can figure out is that it has something to do with all the homes being built nearby?  We've never had it happen so often since we've lived here. 

Time to start dinner now that we have power!  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Maya did great after having her teeth pulled. You would never of known she had anything done. DD said that dentist had many awards on his wall. How are you feeling after your surgery? Your weather has been unreal. I called my SIL near Houston (there in Waller County, west of Houston). She said they have had at least 20 inches of rain this month. It was storming and more rain coming. There back yard is flooded. When the storms went through and dumped all the rain a few weeks ago they almost lost there cars. 

Your afghans are beautiful! The hexaghan is very colorful. You have a great eye for colors. Have fun with the boys.

LeeAnn, Congratulations to you and your son on his graduation.

Cindy, We had fireworks near by but they didn't go for long. The law should say a time limit on it. Your way of camping is my way too. It's been years since I've been on Lake Huron. My uncle retired from the Air Force. They lived in Oscoda. Tawas was a beautiful area. Many memories there. I spent two weeks every summer with them. 

Judy, Can't wait to see your new graphghans. Hope you get some cooler weather soon.

Joanne, I think your DD made the right decision on holding off on the delivery. How is she doing?  Do you have a new grandson yet?

We have been busy here. Catching up on things around the house, unpacking and laundry. Tonight we went up and seen Mary. She is doing pretty good. Hubby has 3 appts tomorrow. The first one is a test, with something to do with Dementia. The second one is to pick up the C-pac machine and they will show him how to use it. The third is with the VA doctor. Thursday we have a funeral to attend. Our SIL's dad died sunday. He was sitting in his chair watching tv and had a stroke. Ambulance took him to the hospital, and they said he had to much blood on his brain. He was only 68. Afterwards we will go to DD's until monday evening. Daycare lady needs some days off so grandma to the rescue. Saturday is Maya's 10th birthday. Can't believe she is 10 already. She is growing up to fast. Hope everyone has a great week!

Quick pop in to let you know grandson #4 is here. Dd ended up having to have a c section. She was in labor since about 8 last night and was only 1.5 cm dilated. Thats just like what happened to me with my first. Plenty of contractions, but they weren't effective. But all is well. He was born at 8:58 pm and weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and is 19 3/4 inches. She still hasnt decided on a name.

Im taking off work tomorrow because im exhausted. Then ii'll take a week off when she comes home.

morning peeps.

Marlene, so sorry about SIL's dad.   And like you said - grandma to the rescue! You are so busy!

Joanne - congrats on #4! Funny how you had only daughters and now there are only grandsons! Boys are noisy but IMHO, so much less complicated! What a big boy!

Mary, I'm sure Gracie is tired of going out to do her business in the rain - Lucy hates getting her feet wet!  Enjoy the boys today.

Later, gators!

Archived